/Godzilla/

Last thread hit bump limit
Showings extended to Saturday the 22nd. You fucks have no excuse now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=74fxNHPBnv8
youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI
youtube.com/watch?v=Gl0D3Vzz5mA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_of_Japan
scified.com/news/shin-godzillas-north-american-theatrical-run-extended
youtube.com/watch?v=n5mqi1oTSmc
youtube.com/watch?v=72a7F1SF8Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=5DB5BhH4ppg
youtube.com/watch?v=kbCZB9kkiH8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In the theater now dawg, cant wait!

ShinG got me super fucking interested in Godzilla. I've been torrenting all 28 movies and I'm hyped as fuck.

strong spoiler op lol

is this the greatest pleb filter of recent times?

Saw it yesterday, really enjoyed the frenetic pacing and the kind of tongue in cheek look at the pit falls of democracy. Of course everyone gets there shit together at the end. I really liked the tank sequence and the photon destruction.

>Not having already watched at least 10 Godzilla films by now
Get fucked and die

Just got back from seeing it another time I still really like it. I also like NGE too and hope that 4.0 is as good as this

this was the first japanese godzilla film I've seen. it felt almost overly tedious (or maybe anno was just very meticulous, which I can appreciate to a point) and sort of sluggishly plodded along at times. but man when Shin G was on screen you could feel the command the director had over the audience. despite the shadow-puppet characters and half-hearted meandering philosophical/political diatribes taking up almost 90% of the movie, the prospect alone of getting to see Shin G, dead-eyed and corpse-like, laying absolute waste kept my attention. definitely one of the best movies to come out this year.

Oooooh fuck yeah this movie was good. Only legitimate complaint I have is that there's no goddamn way that woman was gonna run for President pronouncing 'Godzilla' as 'Gudzirra'.

>Get fucked and die
I watch very few movies, user. Forgive me.

>Showings extended to Saturday the 22nd
aw fuck thought i saw the last showing
anyway i really liked it
shoulda called it Evangelion: Dinosaur Edition tho lmao
but i actually enjoyed all the obvious eva shit so it's cool

why did they cast a japanese chick who can barely speak english as an american
why are all the actual american actors really bad
other than that no complaints
godzilla wrecking shit scenes were fuckin tight

Ganbare, Kamata-Kun!

Does anyone have that black and white art, looks yoji shinkawaish.

?

HERE HE COMES

Just got back from the theater. That was fucking good. Much better than the 2014 one.

That thing caught me so off guard. I wanted to laugh but it was also creepy and offputting as hell.

Nah, it's like a phone wallpaper size. Has shin godzilla standing in a wrecked city with the trains crashing into him.

>that one song from Evangelion that was remixed a million times

Anno please

Fucking loved him, even though I love Goji I have always fucking hated that he's supposed to be aquatic and has NO aquatic features. Making him start life as an amphibious creature was awesome.

Also loved that they based the look on the frilled shark, which was thought to be long extinct until they found one fucking around in Japan.

>he didn't get hyped for the electric guitar mix
youtube.com/watch?v=74fxNHPBnv8
That and the Eva-style countdown clock were really nice.

Anyone else notice the Asuka?

Everyone did.

I didn't. where was it?

>tfw you're not a part of everyone

Where?

When they were showing a bunch of twitter posts about Godzilla attacking the city one of the users had an Asuka avatar.

ALRIGHT YOU XILLIAN FUCKING FAGGOTS

YOU HAVE 2 SECONDS TO POST YOUR 3 FAVORITE GOJI'S

Godzilla 2000 goji
Megarogoji
pic related

BioGoji
ShinGoji

In invasion of the astro monster, one Xillian is looking slighty to the right in several scenes.

It is the same actor who did this.

Her english was bad but her acting was good otherwise. I thought she was a fun character.

Honestly I liked the whole cast. Rewatching it, the first act is actually a lot of fun seeing how all the characters start out chaffing under political red tape, and the slow speed of the meetings really is a stark contrast to the down-to-the-wire ending.

Probably my favorite film of the year.

post yfw soggy noodles

Anyone have links to good torrents of the Japanese movies?

There's a torrent on TPB that has all 28 Toho films. Subbed, not dubbed. It's pretty easy to find. Although the Ebirah movie is fucked sound-wise, so you'll have to find another rip of that.

I always thought he was just looking down at the one talking. You can't really tell where he's looking because if the dark visors.

I want to fuck the weird scientist girl!

not-Dr. Akagi was a real qt

No theres a scene where the leader is talking to a camera, and he rest of them are standing about 10 feet back

Same actor is turned to the right and staring

so i was finally able to convince my wife to see it (from the thread the other day)
and she loved it, i thought it was amazing too, surprised by how good it was actually because the trailer made it look like boring board room scenes but they were done perfectly

Cunt

>why are all the actual american actors really bad
overacting for the benefit of an audience that doesn't speak the language and has to go on purely tonal clues

her character wasn't really anything like rits tbqh

me too, she reminds me of Meg Tilly who i had a crush on forever

Would you smell her rank naughty places after she's done "researching"?

Saw it today. The bureaucracy got tedious at times but was consistently worth it.

The laser scene was fucking nuts. I was actually sad over the city burning.

Same. She was so tismal, it was cute

What's he looking at then?

Disappointing. Right after he sleeps its mistly downhill

It's even better in a second viewing cuz you don't have to focus on the subs. Didn't feel as long too.

>when this song starts up

youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI

yeah i can only think this is due to the japanese story arc structure having the climax in a different place than western movies
the follow up scenes after the freeze were even worse but still a great film

>tfw Decisive Battle was used almost entirely for just paperwork scenes

Anno is incredible.

reminds me of this, which is good
youtube.com/watch?v=Gl0D3Vzz5mA

>Showings extended to Saturday the 22nd
>Theater showing nothing yet
FUCK, I really want to show my friends this movie. No one could make it the first time, so I just went alone.

It sounded like they were mimicking the Japanese intonation

You think thats bad? my friends and i bought tickets for the last showing and the only theater in our area playing it, 20 minutes in and there was a city wide blackout, all we got were vouchers. feelsbadman.

You think that's bad? Some user in the last thread had somebody die in their theater room.

Christ really?

yeah im almost certain that's what it was

>when the train bombing and chain 9/11s starts
Perfection

My theater, which was surprisingly packed in Arkansas, went completely silent when this entire scene went on.

I'm fucking happy I got to experience this with an audience.

>Some guy was lucky enough to die while watching a great film
Too bad they didn't get to finish it.

I'm having withdrawal from this movie. Any torrent or streams?

threadly reminder that Matt Frank is the best Godzilla artist

i'd argue that Art Adams is followed by Stokoe and Alan Moore

>no posting their art to back those claims up

Shin Godzilla is a good last movie to see in theater before you die 2bh

if you haven't seen Art Adams godzilla some time in the last 25yrs then you only have yourself to blame, google that shit nigga
also here is Alan Moore of Watchmen fame, who knew he could draw so well

Who was the old bearded man that everyone in the audience cheered?

Some sort of Godzilla celebrity?

art adams

Miyazaki

mignola

>Miyazaki

Thank you user. I thought he looked familiar.

who got a link to the cam rip dl? not on tpb

he's lying, Miyazaki wasn't in the film

Tonight?

[Spoiler]I was there
Brekenridge is comfy as fuck

>is this the greatest pleb filter of recent times?

it truly is

>no real main character
>no bullshit forced love interest
>no "I must save muh children"
>minimal quips
>no hero
>no "epic" ending
>no references to nsa or government surveillance

capeshit lovers literally hate this movie. it's fucking glorious. not to mention, it's an incredible piece. anno did some really experimental stuff.

Don't forget
>no opening credits or ads
>just film

Fucking finally

Down to accept Godzilla as our Lord and savior yet?

>tfw won't be able to make it to any screenings since I'm a brokeass college student with no car

Torrent when

Lurking..

blew my mind. finally felt like my money was good enough.

>from the creators of independence day

ahh that explains it

based

>live in LA
>only playing in one theatre 15 miles away on saturday

... fuck i need to go

Any cuck who has not watched this masterpiece now have no excuse to not watch it.

>he's complaining about 15 fucking miles

Jesus, user, what the fuck is wrong with you

I was the only one laughing my ass of in the cinema.

>no ads
>implying
Nigga literally every consumer product used in the film was domestic Japanese, except for the gas masks, which were 3M.

Get a load of that huge fucking sponsors list in the credits sometimes
Spans an entire goddamn page

Then who was it? Some character from previous Godzilla?

I hope you felt stupid

Dude the closest theater was 20 miles away and I have no car. I had to take the bus to go there and it was worth it.

I drove over 300 miles to see it

he meant the 30 minutes of ads and trailers that normally a before movies. there were like 2 one for coke and one for funimation.

i was also noticing the product placement, it was pretty well done in that it wasn't as overt as most movies have it, but also fairly constant so it got annoying.

Ogata Akira
A film director

Bet you rode the short bus home.

Inudo Isshin. A film director.

You made my testicles vibrate in discomfort.

Hara Kazuo
Documentary film director

fucking this

Torrent when?

I laughed too, impossible to take seriously.

I was wondering if there was something up about these guys. Thanks for the heads up.

I really hope you guys aren't being loud obnoxious fags in the theater.

You can laugh your ass off at something without being an obnoxious asshole about it, especially in a theater.

This felt more Evangelion than the Rebuilds. Even shit like the atomic breath (in its laser form) looked distinctly Anno. ShinG really solidified my love for his directing, though. So many interesting and weird shots. That shit's what making movies is all about.

Torrent fucking when?

Any good torrents for shin yet?

i like capeshit and i love this movie.
it really portrays a country in panic in the most believable sense.

The movie actually does reference the CIA and NSA at one point.

>watch reviews because I have too much time to kill and can't stop thinking about the movie
>faggots all talk about it like it's another monster movie and not primarily a political satire/drama disaster movie

Not every Godzilla movie is about him smashing shit up you fucking morons, use your brains for once.

Yes, I know that's what I get for being stupid enough to watch reviews.

What a horrifying face.

I still can't decide if it's funny or creepy. It's kind of both.

I saw it this afternoon, its quite odd

At times it seems like a comedy, satirizing the Japanese governments bureaucracy and the countries relationship with the USA

Other parts have a documentary like feeling, with people directly addressing the camera

The CGI effects leave a lot to be desired

The score is an odd mismatch of the soundtracks from the earliest films + Neon Genesis remixes

>and the kind of tongue in cheek look at the pit falls of democracy.
Japan is not a democracy, the Liberal Democrat Party has been in control since 1955
And a massive bureaucracy dominates all decision making
Take your myopic poltard misinterpretations elsewhere.

It is both. The eyes are so lifeless and yet full of excitement and wonder, as he's destroying a city killing thousands of people. He was just a kind of baby at the time so this is all he knows

>the Liberal Democrat Party has been in control since 1955
Fuck off Cred Forums
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_of_Japan

>Following the 2009 election, the DPJ became the ruling party in the House of Representatives, defeating the long-dominant Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) and gaining the largest number of seats in both the House of Representatives and the House of Councillors. The DPJ was ousted from government by the LDP in the 2012 general election. It retained 57 seats in the lower house, and still had 88 seats in the upper house. During its time in office, the DPJ was beset by internal conflicts and struggled to implement many of its proposed policies, an outcome described by political scientists Phillip Lipscy and Ethan Scheiner as the "paradox of political change without policy change"
>did nothing for 3 years and was replaced by the traditional rulers

link to post?

Why was everyone in the theater laughing their ass off at mildly humorous shit
Are there some Godzilla injokes I don't understand

My favourite was the unintentional campiness at times. Like that scene when Godzilla reappears for the second time, theres a shot of his FUCKING HUGE tail swinging over the rooftops, and for some reason the streets are still fileld with people, and they all just stop and point at this gigantic fucking tail when they know a huge monster attacked Tokyo like a week ago.

I had this as well, chalked it up to weebs just being retarded

would we ever get a Godzilla / Lovecraft crossover?

I'd argue that Rando is the main character.

Oh fuck I need more

This guy

scified.com/news/shin-godzillas-north-american-theatrical-run-extended

27th, actually.

I want to see this but the only place playing it nearby is the middle of a big city, and I'm too scared to go alone

It's okay user. You will get raped. But you'll get raped for Godzilla.

Just imagine Godzilla raping you.

I need more lewds of her

PAYBACK TIME

don't be a faggot. would godzilla be a fucking faggot who was afraid to go into a big city?

>that gif

son of a bitch

Roger that, payback.

Yaguchi was totally the main character and the hero too. Other points are vailid.

Eh people who haven't seen it won't understand it out of context so I figured it was okay.

>ShinG
>Shinji
It's like poetry

>every thread

Saw it premiere night to a packed theater. Then took my buddy (had never seen a Japanese Godzilla) a few days later after getting a little drunk. It wasnt as packes so we took the chance to react to the film and hum the classic themes. We're probably gonna go a third time with even more people

Saturday in Fayetteville. But it seems they won't extend the showing here, and that pisses me off.

White people in Godzilla movies ALWAYS do that. I particularly like campy kaiju battle Godzilla movies, and the best part is always the funny way all the white people talk. They do the most bizarre, slow intonation.

What if you prefer your Godzilla movies dubbed?

Cute patoot

>tfw no Godzilla bros to go with
The second time I went there was a bunch of legit fans but I was with my dad and his girlfriend and didn't wanna come off as rude by conversing with other people and maybe making a friend since I never see them these days. Think I'll be going alone on Saturday and I'll try and make a buddy.

What unsuspecting hero's/monsters do you want to see make their way into the Kaiju Cinematic Universe?

If he's talking about the same torrent as I think he is I'd say it's about the dubbed to subbed ratio is about 70/30. I'm watching monster zero right now and it's dubbed.

I wonder if she knows about the fan art

then I just don't know what to say to you.

I would genuinely like to see Megalon make a more serious return. Or Hedorah. Hedorahs concept is fucking fantastic. Too bad the movie is 2dark

Shodaigoji
Batogoji
ShinGoji

In no order
Mosugoji
Biogoji
Shingoji

zilla is undeniably in the top 10 godzilla films made, the old godzilla films (except of the original ofc, always #1) are all crapshows meant for kids
The emmerich zilla film is kinda like the star wars prequels, it demands really thorough exploration of its themes in order to truly understand it.
only plebs will ever disagree

Just because the older ones are goofier doesn't mean you can't enjoy them you sick fuck. Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster and Godzilla vs Mothra (1964) are fucking CLASSICS. CLASSICS.

They'll update with more theatres for the extended showing, right?

Right?

>The emmerich zilla film is kinda like the star wars prequels
More like a sequel of Jurassic Park

>closest theater is a 3 hour drive away
Quit bitching, faggot. I'd kill for a 15 mile drive.

bitch please
Eurofag here
Have to wait till fuck knows when

Hedorah is unironically my favorite monster, ever understood why people hate him and his movie so much. I think it's one of the better Showa films.

Till I do probably: BD release. You can pirate a rip but I'm buying the actual thing.

Oh, I think I have that torrent. I was just wondering in case there was one out there that has all the dubs.

No matter how much some fans pretend otherwise, most Godzilla movies aren't masterpieces of cinematography like 54 and Shin. 80% of the time they're just shitty, campy Kaiju battles that you shouldn't take too seriously, so you might as well watch them with the hilarious dub voices. Anyone else notice that in almost every single Godzilla dub, there's one or two lines where they mispronounce it as "Godziller"? I think they're doing it on purpose out of a sense of tradition at this point.

Was that the one made out of toxic waste?

I enjoy the film outside of it's lack of classic tunes. I do like some of the psychedelic tracks tho. Shows how ahead of their time the Japanese were in terms of music. As I said tho the film is just too dark for me in a lot of the sequences with Godzilla and hedorah. But conceptually hedorah is one of the most interesting monsters ever presented in a Godzilla film. Especially since it was created by man essentially.

obviously buying the bluray, I might watch it pirated till it arrives from wherever tho

Akira Ogata has been death for almost 40 years.

>Godziller
It's especially present in the dubbed Heisei era films.

congrats on your (you)

I enjoyed the fuck out of Godzilla vs Hedora, but c'mon, that movie was fucking weird. Constant whiplash cuts, extremely out of place weirdness, a fucking acid trip scene in a dance club, annoying kid, Godzilla suddenly has a autistic little tick when he walks, then toward the end the movie gets extremely dark, Godzilla is tearing the enemy monster's organs out and then... that one hilarious thing actually happens.

One of the weirdest movies I've seen in my life.

Well you're in for a disappointment. I mean there are a lot of fun Godzilla movies, a lot of shit ones too but nothing you are going to watch will top Shin, except for maybe the original. Still, have fun.

yes. The Godzilla game for PS4 was a fucking joke for 60 dollars but it was fun and I got to finally play as Hedorah.

>that scene where the building crashes down with no sound
I can't help but feel that scene influenced Anno in some way with Shin.

That's what I love about it, it's just so fucking bizarre.

>Hedorahs flying form
Does any monster besides Godzilla have a body count as high as Hedorah? He was fucking wrecking people once he started flying.

Not as hilarious as this. But still hilarious.

SokogekiGoji
MogeGoji
ShinGoji

GMK Goji is just so fucking perfect

Reminds me more of this.

The Giant Claw is kino in every sense of the meme

Care to elaborate? Haven't seen the movie yet or any other Annokino.

There's a couple scenes in Shin where he omits the sound of the destruction.

Oh okay. How do the laser beam and fire breath sound? Sucks that it's not playing here in Portugal

Fan fucking tastic my man.
Shame about the lack of showings there. Hopefully the BD comes soon! Some anons have said Christmas time. Others have said Jan/Feb.

Oh yeah I'm definitely getting a Blu ray from the UK when it comes out. Most likely it will only be shown here in at a film festival like Fantasporto or MotelX.

I haven't seen the movie yet but from the webms I've seen and the responses you guys are saying, it's pure kino.

>that scene where eelzilla is smashing cars left and right while flopping through the streets
>that scene when eelzilla is just stumbling around be city while destroying homes and gushing out rivers of blood
>that scene when the back lasers simply slash through those buildings like a knife on hot butter
>that scene when Shin Goji does his fire breath, concentrates it into a purple beam, and then back to this dark flames which completely annihilate Tokyo

Fucking fantastic. Can't wait to see these with sound and I'm 1080p.

She does. She was interviewed about the popularity of her character and the fact that she didn't wear makeup at all for the film.

He drink the water

Ganbare, Kamata-kun!

If the theaters actually fucking play it, I'll have driven 450 miles to see it. Although I'm doing that this weekend anyway. Still, fucking play it REEEEEE

I only just now realized how closely the primary promotional shot, the one where he's looking downard like he might be worried, resembles this iconic shot of 54 Goji. Wow, that's actually really neat.

The scenes that used music from the original movie, especially the climax, had just awful mixing that really took me out of the scenes. The music didn't even feel mismatched most of the time, it just literally sounded like someone in the audience was playing the music off of their phone speakers while Godzilla stomped around in full loudness on screen. Anybody else have this problem?

ShinGoji
LegendaryGoji
FinalGoji

Get the fuck at me, IDGAF how pleb you think my tastes are.

Also, why doesn't this list have Zilla?

Didn't notice. Maybe a problem with your theater?

and little bitch shin-godzilla needs to evolve wings to fly

probably because zilla is canonically a different monster

there's no trains where you live?

fuck zilla

I like that you like the movie but I ... can't like what you said.

Well his name has become a joke created by the director himself so I can't complain.

Why do American audience care about American characters and their English so much...I really don't understand....

Her lack of expressiveness made her more like Rei desu

Is Miyazaki Hayao in this movie? Which scene???

I can't tell if it really is him but one of the biologists at the beginning sure looks like him

Guys, I'm just saying, Legendary Godzilla would absolutely destroy Shin Godzilla in a fight.

Shin isnt designed for fighting
He works best as a destructive force, and nothing more

legendary godzilla is a pudgy short kid compared to Shin Godzilla's final form

Who here has seen it more than twice?

Seeing it once already makes me feel good

I liked the scratchy dated music. It really added to the scene of Godzilla moving from stage 2 to stage 3 in particular.

I like this movie but I have lots of problems against it. The biggest one is its heroism.

>no real main character
Rando has screen time, development, confession and monologue
>no bullshit forced love interest
American girl is forcing herself onto Rando. Ogashira smelled him.
>no "I must save muh children"
I must save muh citizens. Perhaps you like this so you don't complain about it.
Plus I hate these useless meetings at least twice
Plus USA is so unilateral
>minimal quips
I guess it depends on your definition of quips.
I personally don't mind quips but this movie isn't doing it so elegantly or subtly either.
For example. "whete is Zara?"
"I don't speak Japanese well so I will be direct"

"I can be the president of USA and you PM of Japan" "You just want a puppet"
(Exchange that I want to fuck you look)

>no hero
There are not only Heros there are op marry sue.

>no "epic" ending
Again it depends on your definition or perhaps even your tolerance level.
Rando stands before a statue-like Godzilla, frozen into his best pose. Rando himself wears a great suit. Then he says:"I still have unfinished business"

>no references to nsa or government surveillance
I really don't know...man....

There are surveillance. Not just reference but actually using it. The difference is that literally the government literally The Man is a good guy trying to use surveillance for good.

You don't find it annoying because it's not in a more cliche form of a paranoid liberal leaning civilian complaining about it.

So I guess this is about the politics. Your side and my side. I don't like to go there so I will stop.

I am not proud of who I am. But I am proud that I can see what Anno is doing.

>mfw they used the best Military March theme

youtube.com/watch?v=n5mqi1oTSmc

Do you think it's absolutely necessary to reserve the tickets online? Was any theater actually sold out?

they didn't use that one though

yes they did

All the suits from 89 and up I like. Specially 2001 with his demonic look.

No they didn't. They used the version from Battle in Outer Space.

I reserved mine and even though the theater had people in it it was not sold out or packed.
You can probably just show up

My theather was sold out. I bought a ticket for a different movie, went into Shin, and stood in the corner chilling until some nice person pointed out a free seat in front.

Godzillabros are the best, I couldn't even see the seat because it was too dark, got to watch the rest of the movie in comfy recliner chair.

>Mfw I left to go pee during the train bomb scene

Got back and they were almost done freezing Shin. God damn I felt like an idiot, missed the action, was the scene any good?

youtube.com/watch?v=72a7F1SF8Vk

It was the climax of the entire movie
It's probably the one scene that isn't spoiled in the trailers

Actually he's only like 10 meters shorter (and they're both 100+ m so that's not a huge size difference), more massive overall and way, way WAY the fuck stronger and more resilient. Shin Godzilla really couldn't have taken place anywhere but Japan, because if he tried to invade Murika their military would have torn him to shreds. Only thing Shin has going for it in a kaiju battle against LegendGoji is that it MIGHT have a stronger atomic beam attack, but it probably doesn't.

>only 10 meters shorter

manlet defense force

this version sounds better.

But the adaptation, nigga!

How would he play out if it were the US military fighting him? Would he have gone HAM faster?

Place them both up against Final Wars Godzilla and see how they get their asses kicked

Shin Godzilla's big beefy tail would fuck up Legendary Godzilla

He wouldn't be able to get close enough to get a hit in.

Gamera will get another movie too!

Right guys?

The Spirit of Earth needs love too!

There's actually a short film adaptation of Gamera coming IIRC.

is that what that trailer was?

A R M S
R
M
S

>needing arms to fight

Is this supposed to be that ugly braniac girl who first suggests goji is nuclear? Doesn't really look like her tbqh.

Gorosaurus says hi

King Ghidorah doesnt have arms

And King Ghidorah has gotten his shit fucked up on 3+ occasions.

No, they probably would have torn him before he had the chance. Japan actually had their chance to take Shin out early, but the Prime Minister told their attack copters to cease fire because there was a couple of elderly civilians in the way. They probably would have literally murdered little Godzilla right there and prevented the whole problem before he grew his hard skin.

That's a good point, but ShinGoji (to replicate the feel of rubber costumes) is extremely slow moving in his final form so it's not like he could spam it. For a fat guy LegendGoji can really get around, like GMKGoji.

Keiser Ghidorah would have kicked your dinosaur's ass if it wasnt for the Gotenga

Final Wars Godzilla don't want it from GMK Godzilla.

>spam it

Life aint no fighting game, he just needs to turn his body and let the puppet strings swing the tail around.

So that beam is his breath.

At first it's black smoke. A lot of black smoke. The smoke's volume is bigger than his lung. It's bigger than his whole body.

And he keeps puffing, and the smoke turns into yellow flame, and flame turns into purple blow torch. But this blow torch can reach airplanes and reach it instantaneously.

And then he immediately can produce blow torch from his back, from places without any visible mouth or anus.

And finally he can produce it from the tip of his tail.

I'm not actually sure if Shin is that smart, he seemed pretty mindless. And even then, Legendbro has arms and is tough as shit, he could tank some hits and grab the tail prolly. Not saying it wouldn't be a problem but Legendbro can handle him.

> I think it's one of the better Showa films
Actually Godzilla vs Hedorah is one of the best films in the series

Some anime's style cannot draw her style.

Perhaps Anno intentionally picked that style so she doesn't look like a character designed by Sadamoto

>shin is mindless
>that scene where he's staring at the helicopters, watching and waiting to see what they do before attacking

I think i like legendary godzilla more because hes closer to the monster i grew up with, its just too bad the movie wasnt that good

You grew up with Showa?

Shin took a million tank shells and missiles to the face and it didn't slow him down.

Did Legendary Godzilla even fight the military?

no he fought those generic uninspired "kaiju"

>Japan actually had their chance to take Shin out early, but the Prime Minister told their attack copters to cease fire because there was a couple of elderly civilians

PM's line is:"Guns of SDF cannot point at the citizens"
This is Anno's criticism on the Political correctness issue in Japan, which is to guard against militarism.

Anno made sure you view everything the PM did as mistakes.

But personally, judging from the way he pushed away cars I think his skin was already harder than tank armor then.

That was actually slightly unsettling. Standing motionless. Blank stare.

Although the Showa Era has most of my favorite films and most of the films I consider to be objectively the best, I strongly dislike Godzilla (2014).

Only from pussy-ass Japanese military. American missiles actually hurt Shin, made him cry out in pain and pissed him off enough to use his atomic breath. I don't think the American military even scratched Legendbro.

Pretty much the same feelings I have. I think American Godzilla is pretty cool, but Shin Godzilla is obviously a much better movie.

I'll destroy you in a fight for talking shit about my boy ShinG, bucko.

>Theater that played it before us now unlisted
>We're only three days away from the last showing
The pain is unbearable.

P much. I used to watch godzilla with my parents. I just want my nuclear dinosaur antihero, stop "reimagining" him

>can't go 2 hours without peeing
What are you, 70?

that itself is reimagining though

Showa wasnt antihero
Hesei and Mellenium are antihero

Didn't ShinGoji recover almost immediately from the MOAB? His neck looked back to normal shortly after impact. And you have to remember his endless evolution potential. He'll adapt to withstand such attacks.

And Legendary Godzilla was clearly bothered by the military's attack. I don't recall them using anything special against him.

Depends on your location. We got goofy trailers for One Piece Movie and Your Name, and your regular local-theater stuff.

Angel Zilla vs. Eva Unit 01 when?

Also, anyone have a webm of Godzilla unable to hold all these trains?

I thought he looked dumb in that scene.

it was actually an MOP which is like a bunker buster version of the MOAB

Probably in a screw attack video.

was this the jap poster?

I was confused about one element, what was the missing professor's involvement with Godzilla? Did he create him? Did he want him to destroy Japan?
I think I missed that part.

>So that beam is his breath.
Shin G has a way to pump fire so fast and so strong that it cuts through buildings.

Hey biology girl where is your analysis?

Imagine being so pigheaded that you can't enjoy a Godzilla movie because of the politics.

One thing that irked me on my 2nd viewing was that you don't see Godzilla's tail changing, it just turns into....the thing instantaneously and off-screen

He found out about Godzilla doing research for the US Dept of Energy, his motives are kinda vague but there's suggestion that he was sort of inflicting Goji on Japan for their indifference to his wife's radiation sickness.

You didn't. They just didn't explain it. Or I should say they brought it up but used weasel words to avoid important details.

They say Maki knew Godzilla and that he hated humanity and wanted to revenge. These they said loud and clear.

But they never mentioned what caused Godzilla to land Tokyo. They avoided to specify if G was coming spontaneously or it was Maki guiding it.

what the fuck was that shit on the tip of his tail at the end?

Would have been nice to see it split when Godzilla was swinging it around at the end, agree.

Only bit of art I've seen of her yet where I can actually tell who it's supposed to be. Cute.

Pillar Men.

the next step in Godzilla's evolution

He was somewhat of a rebellious scientist that got ostracized from the Japanese scientific community and ended up in the employment of the United States. At some point he discovered Godzilla's initial form and decoded the monster's genetic information. His wife died from radiation poisoning and he grew disgusted with radiation. I guess because of how dependent society is on it and how carelessly it's handled. Namely how Japan cared some little about his wife's death. So he left the secrets to Godzilla in the form of a riddle and committed suicide out at sea. He was testing Japan, seeing how they would respond to the radioactive behemoth. Remember he told them to do as they like? Though it's up in the air whether he actually released Godzilla or just knew when the monster would appear.

This refreshes the man

Nah just some fan art. Lot of awesome art to come from this crazy movie. Love the nerd bitch drawings, they crack me up for some reason. Maybe it's the looks people give her while next to Baby ShinG

>you know people are mesmerized when they seek publicity conference

Nerd bitch was such a good character
Hell all the human characters destroy Legendary's
Except for Heisenberg

>This guy
from Attack on Titan

I grew up with this guy mostly. Godzilla movies were only on a few times a year. My childhood-zilla was a death stare city crushing monster. P much Shin

Cute

When is this getting a blu-ray release? I live in some shitty yuropoor city and this is my only way to watch this.

Post best songs

youtube.com/watch?v=5DB5BhH4ppg

Shiro is a god of music.

Who was he addressing?

Imagine how awkward he must have felt.

Someone just made another thread whose topic i think is worth discussing.
Whether or not shin godzilla was filmed as a comedy, because there were dozens of people saying their theatres laughed all through the movie.

There were some funny bits but those ended the moment IF I DIE began.

there was an asshole who just laughed loudly at everything that happened in the movie behind me.

Your typical autistic Godzilla fan, everyone.

>Hedorah, Gabera, Zilla and Gorosaurus will never be playable in one of the best Godzilla games ever

Hold me

All hail new kaiju era

t. zillafag

Is this you?

SHIN

NIHS

>Only one theater in the state showed Godzilla
>Won't show another during the extended run
CRAAWLING IN MY SKIN

he isnt wrong
also VERY creative filename

Here it is, Cred Forums. Autism in it's purest form.

>stop liking what I dont like

youtube.com/watch?v=kbCZB9kkiH8

no idea why he would compare those two

I mean the theater got way quieter once Godzilla fucks up Tokyo but there were a few people at my spring who were consistently laughing at either the EVA references or Patterson-chan's engrish throughout the entire movie

That's your argument, bro, not mine.

you dont have to agree with me

I like how G isn't just some mutated dinosaur this time. Makes him feel more unique as a creature, even if he's still the result of a mutation.

You don't have to sperg out because you don't like a movie, either, but here we are.

Pot, kettle.

I miss him

where do you think we are

It was a MOP II not a MOAB

There were retards with no sense of shame guffawing nonstop but it was meant to he more darkly comedic at the start given Japan's disaster response to the hurricane. There's a lot of shade thrown toward people passing the buck in the Japanese government.

In no order:
ShinGoji
LegendaryGoji
BioGoji