It begins

It begins.

>let's ignore all the movies before MCU and DCEU

Nigga please. Don't even act like it's not too early to tell if this is a trend. This movie looked terrible and wasn't attached the Marvel or DC names.

I guess everybody has forgotten Fan4stic existed

The movie bombed because nobody gives a shit or even knows what Max Steel is. Plus there was barely any advertising. The complete polar opposite of the Marvel movies.

finally

This is more of a toy movie like G.I. Joe or Battleship than a superhero movie.

>nobody gives a shit or even knows what Max Steel is
This applied to Ant Man too. At least Max Steel had cartoons and action figures.

Reminder this movie was filmed and initially set to be shown in 2014 and has been stuck in development hell to the point of irrelevancy of its cartoon and toy line it was suppose to coincide with

Yes but Ant Man had Marvel budget and advertising and Paul Rudd.

Haha, no. Kids these days don't give a shit about Max Gay. Of course the adults that take the kids to the movies don't care either. I know the toy, I just don't understand who the fuck thought it was a good idea to adapt it (and worse of all they chose the new Max Steel, even gayer).

Your movie only needs 10 seconds of the Marvel intro to be a success, the character is not important.

>Jack Shepherd

>what is Fantastic 4?
>Ghost Rider? What's that?
>Punisher?

literally who?

Everyone knew Max Stell would bomb.Fant4stic also bombed.

>literally who toy franchise
>movie delayed 2 years

not comparable at all

>max steel
literally who

The actor is prime boypucci though

>Max Steel had cartoons
It did?

What about Paul Rudd? He is a horrible actor.

Hell, it isn't even a a part of a comic universe, it's a third tier toy line. As long as these movies have the Disney/Warner Bros. advertising juggernauts behind them, regardless of how good or shitty they are, they'll continue to make money.

Here's my pitch for the best Fantastic Four movie possible
>opening where Dr. Doom appears
>announces all four heroes are dead
>100 minutes of Doom doing Doom things

He's a big name. The literally who staring in Max Steel isn't bringing people in.

Also you need more celery man in your life.

was this a real movie. i never even heard of it

What? Tayne won an Emmy and a SAG award.

Didn't even know it existed.

I think someone posted the trailer on Cred Forums once. I kept getting it confused with that Hugh Jackman robot movie

Two series, two DVD movies and a videogame.

>Punisher

DELET

Fucking Fund It

Hasbro is desperately hungery for disneys cenimatic pussy, they see Marvel and Disney raking in cash and look at their own properties with money lust thinking 'why not us?'

Max Steel is based on a toy line.

It's not actual capeshit.

It's in whatever genre Transformed and GI Joe fall.

I remember now. He was the guy that "goes turbo".

It was awful and ruined saturday mornings

toy-kino?

>He was the guy that "goes turbo".

Guess I'll watch Jack Reacher then instead.

I was picking between this, Miss Peregrine's and Reacher on what to watch.

>Film about what a dictator with the mind and power of Doom makes people think

>Keep your defective shit on your containment board, faggot...

Never even heard of it.

I didn´t eve know this movie existed.

Wouldn´t make a difference because I never like Max Steel, but it shows why it bombed.

Doom is boring with no Richards to hate.

>This applied to Ant Man too

Antman had the Marvel logo on, that guarantees success regardless of quality, see: thor movies.

which movie is more to blame for the 21st century capeshit deluge: XMen or Spiderman

That's because people wanted '00 Max Steel on WB, not Disney XD Max Steel

Iron Man.

These

What the hell is this

probably X-Men, it encouraged that ensemble cast capeshit formula
most marvel flicks are passable if they focus on 1 or 2 interesting characters and tend to stick to reasonable stakes. Every time you have 3+ superheroes in one movie it's an inevitable "end of the world" scenario and a disjointed mess as far as characters

>What is Green Lantern?
>What is Daredevil?
>What is Elektra?
>What is BvS?

It bombed because it was shit and no one gave a shit about it. Marvel movies will still thrive for years.

>Principal photography commenced on April 29, 2014, in Wilmington, North Carolina,[8][14] and ended on May 31, 2014

I'm sure this needed 2+ years of post.

>'super hero' movie based on a children's show in no way tied to Marvel or DC flops
>yep all super hero movies are gonna flop now xD

No.

I thought max steel was just barbie for boys. I remember seeing the toy commercials every day when I was a kid, but it didn't seem to last long. How does that warrant making a feature length film?

>What is BvS?
That didn't bomb.

Miss Peregrine's has Eva Green, watch that

I dont understand how you people just read "superhero" and cant think for yourselves after that. It has nothing to do with the brand, if the movie is a bland piece of shit with no appeal on any level at all, it will bomb.
>inb4 hurr durr but ____ is a bland piece of shit with no appeal hahahaha
Fantastic Four is evidence, admittedly it only made as much as it did because of the name. Max Steel isn't even a popular cartoon with especially good reception so it was destined to fail.

No you fucking idiot. If you think this would be good you know nothing about the character and probably just go off of whatever excerpts are popular on reddit. Doom cant exist without the Fantastic Four, Doom is not entertaining if there's no one to oppose him, Doom doesn't have many, especially good stories, that are solely about him and no heroes.

Anyone who knows about Marvel history knows Ant Man exists, thats just a fact. When Avengers Age of Ultron came out, it was popular to say in youtube comments and whatnot that Ant-Man should of created Ultron. And even if you dont care about any of that it had the Marvel Studios logo and marketing on top of being a solid movie.

Problem with Max Steel is that for a property tied to a toy line, nobody fucking remembers it. It never had the popularity of GI Joe or Ninja Turtles.

It also went through like 3 or 4 different versions.

Also, I'd argue that the people most likely to remember it are the ones who watched the 2000 Tv show. I remember that Max Steel. Hard to forget that terrible late 90's quality cartoon CGI.

I'dve watched a movie based on that. Not the one where he's a wannabe power ranger.