Just rewatched the entire Series. Is there anything like it?

Just rewatched the entire Series. Is there anything like it?

>inb4 bridge of terribleitha
>inb4 LOTOR

BUMMMMMP

no there isnt. just rewatch it again.

hp and lotr are the definitive fantasy kinos

twilight, hungergames, game of thrones

all pander to the teenage tumblr sensibilities

>autists actually believe just because theres normal romance its tumblr
wew

Ugh this is just super sad man. J.Kino. Rowling has a monopoly on the genre. Fantastic Beasts hurry plz famslam.

Harry Potter is like the worst character to follow throughout a 3+ movie series in cinematic history... He's just a fish out of water for the audience to identify with, and he is unrealistically loved by everyone, and is made out to be some hero, when he virtually does nothing in the first three movies, and then only upgrades to doing "pretty much nothing" but still gets all the credit, as if Ron and Hermione DON'T do everything FOR him...

Harry Potter is the biggest screentime wasting Mary sue; I hate that series.

What's wrong with you man? It's nice to get the fantasy pumping. HG, and Twilight is ass. I mean't something right in the crack, deep lore, no bullshit.

This just rewatch it OP.

No use arguing with assholes.

Hmm, I can see your point. Very well put, but I personally get the most thrill in flashbacks more.

Yeah, shooting yourself in the face since it's one the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

i actually have taste and am not underage. there is no difference between the three

Frodo is worse

>implying Harry Pootter should even be compared to the greatness that was LoTR

Utter fucking pleb. Go back.

>I actually have taste

Found the redditor who has no idea what hes talking about.

It's one of a kind
>Harry Potter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOTR

Frodo is just some tight little boipuss that Gandalf and the gang fantasize about, that's all. Nothing wrong with that. Harry is just a boring gary-stu. Yawn.

Here dude, have a (You)

>>I actually have taste
i do you letterboxd imdb drone. no amount of samefagging and crying kino or autism is going to change that my cinema brain is on a higher level than your hunger game tier mindset

except harry is surrounded by great caricatures, thats the point hes supposed to be entirely normal. he is special only because voldemort made him special at his own cost. if he didnt harry would be just like neville.

book harry is a dick at least movie harry was human

>Is there anything like it?
Go for any film or television series that is shoddy and inconsistent because the people making it couldn't be assed to wait for the goddamn book series to finish.

So... Game of Thrones?

I should really find out what part of this to filter so I never have to look at this shitpost again.

Do you read your posts aloud? You should actually kill yourself for being this much of a faggot

>book harry is a dick at least movie harry was human
The fuck are you talking about? Humans are dicks, Book Harry was human.

Bridge to Terabithia is the only Cred Forumscore KINO op listed though. The other two are flick tier shit for /r/movies.

That depends. Is there anything like one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>The same guy is the bad guy for all 7 movies

This is a special kind of Jewsuary, bravo jk rollwing

I've never seen the pasta used twice in one thread before.

Before your in-depth existential writings, did you think for one moment, that they may just be /comfy/?

I am not looking for a kinoesque underground blockbuster. Something with a bit of wit, and a ton of foreshadowing.

why was -you know who- afraid of dumbledore? snape literally one shot him

Source on her senpai?

You deserve a (You)

Marvel Cinematic Universe

>comfy
Kill yourself and take your Cred Forumsedditor memes with you

>Clifford for President as Middle-Tier

Nice touch

Pretty sure Cred Forums came out with it, but ok my kino friend.

>friend
Fuck off faggotcuntsnitcher.

>Cred Forums
>coming up with anything or ever being able to come up with anything and not just aping it straight out of tumblr/twitter
shiggy diggy nword

My wife and I watch them every couple years, but I think it's mainly to relive our joy from reading the series as kids.
Watching them all together, the series really suffers from the differences in style in movies 3, 4, and 5.
The most memorable scene for me now is when Harry and Hermione dance in the tent in movie 7, it feels so real.
Also fuck beams of light that weren't in the books.