Luke cage

What do you guys think of the new Luke cage series

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not bad for capeshit. Honestly it was better than season 2 of Daredevil.

it's terrible like all cheap looking capeshit. watch a real show like goliath, I've never even a fucking thread for that one

I don't know why there had to be so many blacks

IT'S GOT NIGGERS!!

NIGGERS NIGGERS!!

WE GOTTA STOP THE NIGGERS!!

THEY'RE TAKING OVER THE FUCKING TV

NIGGERS!!

Cuz they're in Harlem. Would you expect 95% white people?

Things don't really make any sense. I'm only 6 episodes in, but I really don't see what threat Cottonmouth and Shades pose to Luke. I get that he has morals and shit and wont kill anyone, but he could easily just fucking break their arms and legs and move on with his life.

And why the fuck are Cottonmouths goons still doing his bidding after he went fucking broke? What is he even paying them? Certainly not enough to fuck around in the same neighborhood as a goddamn superhero.

BIG

I couldn't even get past the first 5 minutes

The conversations between Luke and the random nig and then between the nig chick detective and the white guy were unbearably bad

I'm not intimately familiar with New York City or its neighborhoods. So no, I had no expectations going in because I didn't know what Harlem was.

Haven't watched it, don't intend to, I'm gonna watch Iron Fist though. It's not a racism thing, but think about it:

>Daredevil: Blind and knows martial arts
>Jessica Jones: A dark detective story with a creepy villain
>Iron Fist: A mystical ninja with more martial arts
>Luke Cage: A big guy who can't get hurt.

Cage just doesn't sound like an interesting plot.

LMAO how lame and shitty cottonmouth was. Wasted half the season on that ghetto shit

also why did young cottonmouth act so obviously gay? was that his secret?

as usual the heroes in marvelshit are boring so you need a great villain

I've been calling this show "Lukage." It's been annoying my friends.

They should know that some people are uncomfortable with that many negroes

if they were going for blacksploitation they should have had cottonmouth own a strip club and have big booty models twerking in the background. that would have at least been entertaining to me

very nice

If you're curious

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlem

Didn't that actress say she was uncomfortable around that guy or something?

White guys can't fuck like this.

Netflix blows cant even do their original programming correctly and that is what they wanna focus on

Shes doing all the work.

Better than JJ worse than DD2.

Fuck off, the character was well written, he never wanted any of this, he got thrown into that life, killed the only person that believed in his talent, suffered for it for the rest of his life.
He did nothing wrong.

It's alright. I don't like that it became a completely different show after Cottonmouth died

Also Misty is a delicious Nubian queen

Iron Fist is fucking radical. Get excited, my man

This. Diamondback was cringey.

I actually loved how unapologetically black it was.

Literally Giga Nigga the TV Show.
I enjoyed it.

Villains included in the show :
>corrupt white cop.
>corrupt white prison guard.
>white trigger happy swat commander. (I only count because he wouldn't help Luke and desperately wanted to shoot first and ask questions later)

What were they trying to say here?

It's pretty good. Diamondback's "spirituality" definitely makes him seem stupid though, instead of esoteric or deep or whatever.

It was fucking awesome, just too bad its such a slow burn. I really liked it from the first episode, but it takes maybe five or six to become great. I love how it plays everything seriously but is fully aware of all the ridiculous and goofy shit associated with Luke Cage. You can tell its not all going to happen right away but they are slowly building to it so it all has meaning and character behind it. Stuff like Diamondback's silly costume, being a "hero for hire", Misty's metal arm. It was done as well as you really could hope given the property and im amazed it had so much respect for something most people, even comic fans, really dont give a shit about. Even detached from that though, the drama, music, characters, and the tone were all fantastic and it made me realize how little I care for Jessica Jones in comparison.

I would agree if it was simply
>Luke Cage rushes into a crime bosses house and destroys him, has him arrested
But he doesn't want to be a hero, the reasons for that are interesting and the tension building around him is too. Thats why its good, Daredevil faces problems differently and Luke laughs at the idea that he's a guy running around beating people up.

You forgot:
>corrupt black female politician
>black gang leader
>black gang leader who is insane
>host of black criminals and thugs
>black old lady mob boss
>black old man mob boss

I was more pointing out the whole "evil white cop" thing.

>latino right-hand mob

But there were also evil non-white cops.

>evil
>corrupt
Pick an adjective and stick with it

it's bad and pandering

I thought it was pretty fun the first half of the season. It became super fucking cringy though once it focused on Diamondback and Dillard, I couldn't make sense of it.

>"I know a good lawyer ".

But Matt couldn't practice law in Illinois.

Good, but Diamondback pushed it into almost comedy-tier.

>Hilariously simple ploy of punching a cop to death and screaming I'M LUKE CAGE
>"Couldn't we talk this out?"
>"COULDN'T YOU HAVE DIED IN CHILDBIRTH?"

>dindu nuffin

huh really makes me think

>A NIGGER IS MORE DANGEROUS WHEN CORNERED
>not a single bullet connects, and then he runs to hide in another room

Diamondback was such a bad fucking character. Cottonmouth was great, and killing him to replace him with that shitter made me so mad.

Good.You didn't waste your time like me.

It only does get worse.

LMAO how old are you fucking 12?Cottonmouth was the best thing came out from this show.

so he's confirmed to be more "super" than Cap right?

>just as strong as cap
>unbreakable skin, literally can't die. cap can.
>only thing cap has over luke is shield and.. stamina?

This.
>I AM YO BROTHA, NIGGA.

It was also dumb as fuck when he gets in the shootout with the Mexicans, and he just runs into the other room to that super suit, and nobody chases him.

Speaking of, how did Hammer Corp make that suit so fast? They had known about Cage for what, like 2 weeks tops?

lol he was a dumb nigger who got killed by his sister. So dumb and incompetent he couldn't do anything. A total jobber. Wow he could play the piano who cares

It's like Black Dynamite tried to be serious.
>shiggy diggy muh prolems as a black man
>din du muh herritage
>sheeet place sux but can't leave cuz ima kang

Only thing that's entertaining is the fights, which turn to shit because it's literally Superman walking through a ghetto of normal humans.

All of which had some piss-poor excuse to staying that way
>dis mah hood
>i waz raped
>dese muh friends
>i lookin fo mah family
>family first
>FAMILY FIRST NIGGUH

Every episode is a fucking repeat.

no
They undo it with Cage/Misty and Cage/Claire

This is probably why the show came off as boring. They heavily watered down his origins to not offend anyone. They took out him growing up on the streets of NY to avoid offending the SJ crowd, and they extremely watered down the Seagate Prison and corrupt guards stuff to avoid offending people like you.

I knew this was going to happen. Both Daredevil and Jessica Jones had corrupt cops and nobody batted an eye because they're white. But because Luke is black, they knew people were going to be hyperscrutinizing, so they just went for the safest possible thing.

Even Iron Fist, with the whole AAFist controversy, will probably take more risks.

>Diamondback was such a bad fucking character. Cottonmouth was great, and killing him to replace him with that shitter made me so mad.

Diamondback had a better story in the books, with him framing Cage with stolen drugs.

>offending the SJ crowd

*SJW

actually Harlem is closer to 35% white now do to all the douch bag hipsters, it hasn't been that black since the 70s

this^

all the detectives on the up and up were black and mostly women

while the only white cops on the show is the crooked one the swap commander and the cop with a baseball cap on whos only job it was to rile of all the other white cops in the background to go out and overact

I didn't watch it because of the blackwashing.

I'm offended by the lack of whites and asians on the show. Shows a real lack of diversity. I honestly think its racist.

>those tragic few anons that still haven't accepted what Cred Forums is trying to have an actual conversation about this show

DD S1>JJ>DD S2>>>>>>>>>>>>>SHIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LC

I really dont care im just so sick of capeshit at this point.

You might want to turn your tv off for the next 100 years friend

and "white privilege"

Captain is more vampire than he is though. He was frozen for 70+ years and awoke like it was nothing. I doubt nigger cage would wake up from being put in the freezer.

>I loved you... like a brother.
>NIGGA I AM YO BROTHA

>it was better than season 2 of Daredevil.

Which isn't exactly glowing praise.

Daredevil S1 > Luke Cage > Jessica Jones >>>>>>> Daredevil S2 (Jon Bernthal's Punisher is great but the rest is mostly shit)

What is with his powers? Bullets don't hurt him or slow him down, but a point blank shotgun blast puts him in a coma? And a building falls on him and he is knocked unconscious? Why did the acid stop hurting him after he was "powered down"? Why didn't it burn off his toenails and get into his dick and butt holes?

>Bullets don't hurt him or slow him down, but a point blank shotgun blast puts him in a coma? And a building falls on him and he is knocked unconscious?

He has impenetrable skin, but his innards can still be damaged. But he also has super-strength and healing factor powers. Shooting him in the head puts him in a coma because it slams his brain into his skull, but the healing factor allows his brain to fully heal from that massive concussion with no side effects, it just takes a while.

I don't remember that about Jessica Jones,but that bothered me about Daredevil too. I mean I get that money and wealth is half of Kingpins power,but that shit just got ridiculous at times.

>Cop kills thug and another cop in a fucking interrogation room
>FBI brought in specifically to take him to prison,they kill their friends too

I mean seriously how many of these people are even possible?

Have they even heard of Forensic Accounting or internal affairs.

This shit is why I can tell when whiny Cred Forums posters don't even watch these shows. There was a major plot point in DD because a black corrupt cop was such a slimy shit that he decided to even turn on Kingpin after murdering another corrupt cop. It's like you fucks just watch random episodes or read a wiki summary and then decide to rant and rave about every thing wrong with the show. We get enough of this shit in comics, can we not get it in the easily digestible video format as well?

Could cap survive being put into boiling acid for several minutes?

Maybe if the national anthem was playing in the background yeah

I'm currently halfway through. Just past the point where Cottonmouth died. I decided to stop at this point because it feels like the season just ended, and the second is a new one.

Overall it's quite good. My only complaint is that the fight choreography is poor.

Did she want it though?

Diamondback is amazingly over the top and comic booky, but an awful villain, especially right after Cottonmouth. It's really a waste that they killed him off.

>seen this webm posts a thousand times
>still have yet to see a webm posted of luke banging officer hugetits int he first episode of LC
yall niggas is gay as fuck I swear

>just as strong as cap

m8...

>unbreakable skin, literally can't die. cap can

He can totally die, and his bulletproof nature is highly overrated. While it didn't break his skin, he was nearly put into a coma by a single shotgun slug to the head. Anyone with a shotgun, battle rifle, above average-sized sniper rifle, etc. could take down this guy. Shotguns don't actually have that much energy behind them.

In fact, he's in pretty big danger if his opponent is fielding anything heavier than a pistol. Which normally isn't a problem, since all these street thugs just have pistols and SMGs, and those are basically as dangerous as waterguns to him. But it doesn't actually give him THAT big of an advantage over Cap. Also note that his resistance to blunt force doesn't appear to be higher than Cap's- he was significantly damaged and nearly knocked out by that beating from the power-armored Diamondback, while Cap got up after a much more brutal beating from the almost certainly stronger Iron Man.

>only thing cap has over luke is shield and.. stamina?

Also, skill. Luke basically just swings highly telegraphed blows. Cap is actually a decent acrobat artist. I mean jeez, did you see how fast he was when he was fighting the Winter Soldier? He'd have landed five blows to Luke's face by the time Luke prepares to throw one of his slow-ass haymakers.

no way in hell. theres a webm of her on the red carpet with him where shes eye fucking him hard and all over him

>Luck Cage > Jessica Jones

Dropped

LONG LIVE THE CHIEF

I hate how besides the Wu Tang stuff, this was the only fucking rap song we got on the show.

Who even likes or listens to Jidenna?

>Obama rap

Worst part of the show. Obama doesn't even exist in the Marvel universe.

GOTTA GET DAT BLACK GUY FUCKING A WHITE CHICK IN, AMIRITE? CAP WILL NEVER FUCK SOME RANDOM BLACK CHICK. BUT OH FUCK YES LUKE CAGE WILL BE FUCKING DEM WHITE WOMENS. KEKING THROUGH THE 2010s ALL FUCKING DECADE LONG, AMIRITE!!?? GOTTA KEEP THAT 'KEK' SCENE ALIVE! GOTTA KEEP 'KEK' AN IN THING, AMIRTIEGUIZE!!!???

Man, they topped the soundtrack anyway, those club scenes were amazing

Not really.

Just because his skin is tough doesn't make his whole body tough.

He still suffers internal injuries and can be pretty easily knocked out. He's good in a street fight, but against Thanos? Or hell, even Hydra? Nah, Cap is where it's at. His skin is weaker, but his overall body is tougher, plus he's stronger and faster than Cage will ever be, never tires, and is far better trained.

In both a head-to-head fight and overall power level, Cap>Cage. It's not even really a contest.

A classic american hero who fought in ww2 would unlikely fuck any of todays black women voluntarily

I like him because of the build up, its a big payoff payoff when he actually lives up to the hype. In retrospect I see why people dont like him though.

the bbc genre only works if the protag is a white women.

>Niggers

nuff said.

This shot makes no sense, i havent watch LC but in Jessica Jones he said his skin was unbreakable , so why wouldnt the impact of something still send him flying?

yea after Jessica jones , i felt jipped , not getting sucked into this one. Helps that i cancelled netflix

boring

Fuck yeah, those tits are no joke.

Also her hairstyle is my definite favourite on a black girl. Deeeee-licious.

gay nigger shit

last half was straight-up butts

Jessica Jones was better than you told me, tv. It had best protagonist-antagonist interaction of all those Netflix MCU shows.

so does this mean diamondback is gonna get luke cage treatment?
1 thing i hate about this show
that incompent female detectives

thats literally fuckin stupid

Anyone else not like the romance sub-plot between Claire and Luke? I mean this guy's is a huge man-slut. Plus, I thought Luke and Jessica was end-game? If so, I don't want a shitty love triangle in Defenders with Claire as Night Nurse. It added nothing to the show. They could still be friends and it would still be great. But no. Also, anyone else find it highly unlikely that Diamondback would be able to attain such a high power of position? He grew up as a straight kid. His first crime was when he was already almost an adult. Cornell had the connections and street experience to become big, but there was no way an idiot like Diamondback could be in a higher position. Also, if he's a major crime boss, why the fuck would he be out on the streets fighting? The whole character brought the show down.

You're a millennial who's never watched any of the 90s movies, that or you've been living under a rock for most of your life not to know what Harlem is.

DD 1 > DD 2 > JJ > Luke "Blacktivity and shit" Cage

>Jessica Jones >>>>>>> Daredevil S2
I do agree that Daredevil S2 wasn't nearly as good as the first one, but you're blatantly exaggerating. Fuck off.

Watchign episode 2. I like it, it has a nice atmosphere, music is on point.

He's much stronger than cap, at least in the comics

>starring Maria Bello and Olivia Thirlby

Dick status: muh

>Muh family being even an excuse

5 episodes and I dropped it.
Its just so mediocre that I can't believe it.

at least they could have a few whites with blackface on instead to make it more comfortable for people like me

>You see a nigger standing in front of you
>In front of a building named after one of our greatest hero?
DAMN.

>Anyone else not like the romance sub-plot between Claire and Luke? I mean this guy's is a huge man-slut. Plus, I thought Luke and Jessica was end-game?

Claire was Luke's love interest in the books originally

White people btfo

More like, gang culture BTFO

only 4 episodes in but this is what i have so far
+soundtrack
+cottonmouth
+gratuitous violence (havent seen dd or jj to compare)
+i liked pop and his reveal of being a not so nice guy even tho being a pretty nice guy
+guy from autistic hacker show
+luke cage looks tough
-acts like a bitch
-LK delivery not that great
-other mainstory actors/characters not that great
-would be nice to see a normal, nice white person, or a latino thats not a gangster, or an asian that doesn't own a chinese diner

It was just some prototype hammer corp made, they probably found no buyer because that shit don't fly and shoot death lasers like iron man so they warehoused it.

It's strength and durability vs. experience and speed. Cap fought in ww2 so he'd probably be using his shield to pry out Luke cages fucking eyes.

His bitchness and delivery get better as the show goes on.

A fucking Bazooka in the middle of NYC? Those guys are so dumb. If such a thing were to happen, there'd be military all over the place.

If the military saw some guy who had unbreakable skin that could survive a bazooka blast, they'd probably be a lot more concerned about what the fuck that is.

>More concerned
Internally maybe. But the political fallout would be so huge there'd boots on ground

Daredevil Season 2 Punisher/Kingpin bits > Luke Cage > Daredevil Season 1 > the rest of Daredevil Season 2 > Jessica Jones

>Cottomouth killing his only good mook
Dumb cunt.

If any of you sincerely watch this capeshit I suggest you leave Cred Forums right now.

These netflix shows are made to pander to the lowest common denominator

Luke Cage can lift 40tons. He'd destroy Captain America if he really wanted to hurt him and Rogers gave him the opportunity.

Thing is, Rogers would never give Cage the opportunity. But you can't throw out "overall power level" with fucking Power Man. He'd level Rogers with one good punch. Peak superhuman conditioning and durability won't save his ass if he were a hair too slow and Cage was out for blood.

Though, yeah, that'd never fucking happen.

Didn't know we had so many old people and rednecks, here. Still can't get over the death of your friend, Jim Crow, huh?

It went nicely. Especially considering how Murdock isn't going into Claire's temple and now Misty Knight is essentially being saved so Iron Fist can slam into that fine chocolate.

Jessica is ultimately the end-game but that doesn't mean these characters aren't able to fuck around. Elektra is Mrudock's end game but he's a horny for Karen so hey.

I was enjoying up until they killed Cottonmouth and Diamondback showed up

Such a massive downgrade from a cool, but flawed mobster to some boring religious psycho whose only reason to be in the show is that he's conveniently Luke's brother

And then the last confrontation is just WORLD STARRRRRRRR with the stupidest looking suit ever

Nah.

DD1>DD2>Luke Cage>>>>>> Jessica Jones

Yeah he does. He's mentioned as the president in the fucking show.

Awful Acting and Nothing Happens: The Show

This show is literally a NIGGER DREAM
>go to prison
>suddenly become superstrong and bulletproof so fucking cops can't get ya
>escape prison and live like dindu nufin
>fuck best women that are around
>have a little drama because niggaz have hearts too
>defeat another superstrong nigger, because he's evil and you still dindu nufin
>go back to prison as a harlem hero
SHIEEEEEET

Saw the first two episodes and the actor is the most wooden piece of shit ever

>reddit

you forgot to insert cuck somewhere in your post buddy

Is that all, pal? Come on, you guys are supposed to be my intellectual superiors. Surely you can be more creative with your insults.