Horrible documentary huge waste of time

Horrible documentary huge waste of time
I'm a huge Louis fan loved his paedophile stuff
But this was lame and no mention of lord zenu or even trying to track down/ambush Davis misgavich however you spell his name

I thought it was okay, but not good in comparison with his other work. 6/10

Do you even fathom how litigious the CoS is?

Yup 6/10 completely average Implying the BBC doesn't have great Jew lawyers who okayed this before he started the documentary

it's not just their legal side. they do evil shit like have their followers steal your mail and take shits on your lawn.

doesn't Miscavige look like Arnold Rimmer from Red Dwarf? they even have the same naval military fetish.

What about Going Clear? That was far better than Louis' shitty "documentary" that a film student could have made.

Was absolutely terrible and pointless.

It is odd they play navy dress up very creepy

Going clear was great! And not to totally crap on louie I thought it was great how he passive aggressively told the defector guy off at the end "the very things you're mad about scientologists doing to you,when you were in the church you did to others

It was triple factchecked by HBO lawyers and carefully edited to avoid lawsuits, check how Gibney backs up all of his statements (and the ones made by the book's original writer) with images of the documents used as sources and for the other anecdotes he rarely uses anything other than dramatization.

I didn't like it either. I'm starting to get tired of him, some of his stuff is great but after a while he gets on my nerves.

>0.5 thetans have been deposited into your sea org account

Why do people think that haters must be Scientologists? They probably love it since the documentary didn't expose anything new but make Louis look and his crew look incompetent and waste our time with that running time .

He really should of hired those actors to apply at Scientology with hidden cameras or something then flee to Russia and release the film from there.

i think louis was trying some other direction toward scientology compared to other docs since many information has been spilled out and repeat over and over

unfortunately it got a bit of hyped both because of louis and the subject matter so the actual doc can't deliver like people expected
there are some fun moments when he headbutt with them on the streets though

Watched drinking to oblivion the other day
..fucking hell man

>I thought it was great how he passive aggressively told the defector guy off at the end "the very things you're mad about scientologists doing to you,when you were in the church you did to others

I really liked that bit too. Tbh if it had just been 'classic Louis' going around interviewing ex-Scientologists that would have been fine with me.

Do you want some Lucozade?

good work get those SPs brother

im more of a K cider man, 3 to 5 cans a day while walking my dog romeo

>It is odd they play navy dress up very creepy

not really that odd. the only time Hubbard ever came to feeling like a man was during the second world war, where he briefly commanded a PT boat which successfully fired a torpedo at a Hawaiian island. that was occupied by the Americans.

do you even Sea Org?

and HE DID IT FOR FREE

joking aside, louis pointing that out was pretty neat
it really feels like personal between the enforcer guy and miscavige, honestly i don't think he would have left the church if miscavige still held him at a high position and didn't put him into the hole

doesn't feel like he left because he got a conscience or got sick of it, but more of because he has fallen from grace

I honestly felt that he hadn't given up on Scientology. Like he almost hadn't left it willingly. Especially the bit where he spazzes out over everyone applauding the fake picture of LRH. It was like he still believed in the magic.

>Horrible documentary huge waste of time

Yes.

Not because he didn't mention Xenu. But because he clearly went into it wanting to expose a bit of the inhumanity in those who left the faith and are now held up as moral.. because they're speaking out.

There is interesting stuff in the ex-enforcer head Scientology guy refusing to accept he did shit as bad as he's being outraged by, for decades.

But he never got there with him. He never got inside the church either. The whole actor's studio on the scenes.. were they meant to provoke ex-enforcer guy into more recall? Because it didn't. It did nothing and was presented in a way that didn't improve on just telling the story of the hole and the abuse.

I feel like he tried a bunch of shit to get the story, none really panned out, but they'd spent money and had to put something out. This piece of shit was the best they could cobble together.

Going Clear was above and beyond this.

I think he was going for a double edged attack. The recreations would trigger both the squirrel and the squirrel-busters.

I think he genuinely expected his fake-naive good guy act to work on the squirrel-busters. He's trying so hard with the crazy bitch claiming it's a private road to get something, anything out of her. I think his entire production rested on someone talking. When he can't get her he goes to the camera-man who flim flams him. They're simply too well indoctrinated to fold.

ROAD CLOSED
PAZ
STOP HARASSING ME
ILL CONSIDER MYSELF FUCKED

it was memeriffic

Lol guys check it out, I'm replying to a tripfaggot lel!

>It's a Paz scene
Will this ever be explained?

>I honestly felt that he hadn't given up on Scientology

He hasn't. Many ex-scientologists start off-brand Scientology. Because they genuinely like and think there's a point to auditing and all the mumbo jumbo up to a certain point.

They talked about this in the documentary briefly.

The COS thinks they own the material and fight them at every turn. It's some modern heresy shit.

>I think he genuinely expected his fake-naive good guy act to work on the squirrel-busters. He's trying so hard with the crazy bitch claiming it's a private road to get something, anything out of her. I think his entire production rested on someone talking.

I think you're very right, probably because this approach has worked with him before. He's gotten nazis and weirdo christians and pedos to talk openly with him, through his manner of calm approach.

You're also probably right that he just didn't realize how drilled scientologists are in not talking to outsiders, how they have a media script they do and how much the "be confrontational" guideline would fuck him over.

>yfw the first time you watched going clear and they explained the creation myth

honestly is there anything people can do about scientology at this point to really stop them?
exposing them won't help much. normal people won't get hooked on the craziness or have money to sink into it, the fuckers who stayed basically got brainwashed, the government (technically the IRS) tried to fight them before with tax shit and it backfired

are they even growing anymore?

Seems like Scientology has lost momentum over the past decade given the rise of the internet

>honestly is there anything people can do about scientology at this point to really stop them?

Like the documentary said their recruiting is really low, but it doesn't matter because they made so much money and have so many investments they could coast on this with a luxury life for the top people for a hundred years with no new money.

To continue a thought; making money when you have a shit ton AND no taxation is easy.

If you wanted to hurt them now, you would take away their religious org status and then hit them with an IRS probe.

That was really something else
I heard they are bat shit insane but never really got deep into it until then, make shit like the bible look very credible

i wouldn't say backfired so much as scientology has so much money to throw around to grease the right palms in the irs to give them exemption status.

scientology's bread and butter is tricking celebrities and making them buy endless expansion packs. the average person who signs up has no hope to afford it (OT is easily six figures in cost) and there will always be a fresh crop of airheaded celebs to trick.

Lol guys, guys, I'm doing it again haha

>mfw some of the sea org contract required you to sign with them for ONE BILLION YEARS

>scientology shills working over time on the interwebs to protect their batshit crazy secrets

already seen the doc.

was a good watch if you enjoy the zany antics of brainwashed cult members. it's actually pretty depressing the amount of control they are able to exert over people

>a billion posts / 2 original posters

Just a reflection of the public's interest in these religious documentaries. That is, 0 (zero).

Best friends with a pedo and a religious biggot.

easy there mr shill. just because this one by louis isn't top tier doesn't mean the public didn't know about your fucking batshit insane cult

>39 reply 20 posters

shilllllllllllllll

>Louie gets femdommed by undercover scifag chick episode

>that half cut face of the enforcer guy smiling while looking at louis

kek

Again, not Jewish.

I honestly don't think anyone cares. Ex-religious documentaries are 90s edgy-tier.

>That big shit eating grin in the corner
he's loving it, its like being back in the saddle for him

ABRAMOWITZ

This happened? Haven't seen the documentary yet.

yes

One of his best.

He'll never get back to Weird Weekends good but it was a nice shift away from all the depressing shit he's done recently.

>TFW Gary won't ever get raped by pitbulls

Watched it yesterday, I think it was generally pretty good. My girlfriend wanted to quit in the first 16 minutes or so and I don't blame her. She never watched anything of his before and was expecting the true neutral alignment beast that he shows himself to be at the end right off the bat.

>mfw he questions Marty right after Marty gets threatened
So fucking satisfying. He has no moral code, just sheer curiosity.

20 Miscavigebucks have been deposited in your sea org account

I wouldn't mind her cucking me.

>Being so washed up you bump into a camera crew at a shitty LA motel and beg them for work
>None of them recognise you

JUST

He needs to stop being a giant pussy and make that documentary on Islamic extremism he was considering making...

I spend the whole movie wishing she'd come back. What the fuck.

Do you think the Church really sent her?

He actually did some filming for it, but the extremists are generally all too worried about being arrested to get anything good.

Haven't seen it yet and I'm a bit disappointed to hear that. You should watch Going Clear if you haven't already.

that was just fucking sad

cuck