Carrie (1976)

Is this any good? Also horror movie thread I guess.

It's pretty good but most of the action happens in the last few minutes which hurts the movie a bit.

sissy spacek is great, the rest aged like milk

>"Is this any good?"
>having to ask
>"Also horror movie thread I guess."
So besides being a dumb pleb, this guy is also a numale. Great pack

My ass it did. Excellent film all around, top 30 horror ever and very high in the filmography of De Palma. But yes, even with it all, the best of the film still is Spacek's beyond fantastic work.

>If you've got a taste for terror, dump pig blood on Carrie's head

Excellent movie. Brian De Palma doesn't do bad work.

Horror is a garbage genre and is seldom good.

Horror is a great genre and is seldom bad.

u r poo

This.

sissy is my fucking waifu

great movie, build up makes you neurotic and the pay off is brilliant.

Are you kidding me? You get your dirty pillows in that Jesus closet and pray they don't laugh at you for not seeing this. First off, shower scene. Second, direction is competent to borderline goofy and clever. Third, Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie give some of the most bizzarro and memorably campy performances ever.

Loved it. The split-screen prom destruction is also a fun touch.

Although it's technically horror, it's more a mishmash of genres.

Yes, watch the recently released new Blu-Ray transfer, OP.

Not really, the slow build to the final climactic scene is part of what makes the movie great. And there's plenty of tension and weird moments with Carrie's mother before that.

This. Well not the waifu part, the second part. Sissy is great though.

Yeah, parts of it come off like a black comedy, almost. Piper Laurie claims she thought it was a comedy and played the role as such.

The poster reminds me of this.

Anyone else like the Final Girls? It was mostly a F13th satire/parody.

PG-13 ruined it.

Bullshit, a lot because of . But also for playing sjw moralism on the slasher and fun spirit.

It felt like it was made by people who heard what 80s slasher movies were like but has never seen one themselves.

Just like the the original F13th movies, right? 'cause by today's standards they'd all be PG-13 with all that gore cut out.

(Back then PG-13 didn't exist blah blah, avoid X rating, blah blah, can't give horror movie lower than R or otherwise people won't see it blah blah.)

Friday the 13th always had tits and swearing though, they wouldn't be PG-13 today.

Idk, Titanic was PG-13.

>If a thing were another thing, it would totally be a different thing!
Yeah, sure