Assassin’s Creed Trailer 2

youtube.com/watch?v=4haJD6W136c

>Finally after all these centuries we have become the Assassin's Creed.

CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vcE8xJkK6t4
youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wait what

so they have this big dumb rig thing instead of a VR chair? why?

I'm guessing its a way to explain how he retains the muscle memory from doing all the stuff that his predecessor did and actually knows how to use bows, hidden blade, sword, etc.

It'll probably be alright, a bit of fun, nothing special.

But I'll go see it for the sake of Fassebender

Focusing so much on how he gets to be walking around in the Spanish Inquisition really brings home how retarded the plot of these games is

Flair.

Also muscle memory for the bleeding effect.

This, along with
-Macbeth director
-Vigilantes in costume during the dusty past
-Crazy aliens and shit

Any hyped to see Michael K Williams in this?

>Inb4 muh black appropriation
his character probably has moor ancestors.

You pretty much got the white/spanish guy, black guy and the asian girl. It's as diverse as your Power Rangers, not that I'm complaining but at least that's not the focus of the trailer.

>evil white christian men

Yeh, AssCreed will get a shitload of movies made.

I wonder if Fassbender gave up being in an actual movie to be in this. Maybe his schedule was just cleared up.

I'm many people have pointed this out before, but the premise behind Assassin's Creed is incredibly stupid, somehow DNA contains memories which could be access by somebody close enough. Total fucking nonsense, which doesn't get any more plausible by being in a movie.

>"I believe you're destined for great things."

>>evil white christian men

You post this in every AC thread, why? You know it's not set in Jerusalem right?

Schedule's probably clear. He was in a couple and he can stand to be in a side movie that probably won't make too much.

He's referring to the Knights Templars origins and the Spanish inquisition, along with the fact that in AC1, ACII and Brotherhood there have been corrupt christian assassination targets like the Pope.

This movie is gonna be shite

>hollywood makes a video games movie
>change everything about the story and characters to the point where it is literally only the title that has anything in common with said franchise

every fucking time

I'm betting it's going to be just watchable like a Prince of Persia movie, or the first Tomb Raider.

At least it's not the Hitman movies.

You do realize that Assassin's Creed isn't just one story with one protag, right? Also the only big change is the GlaDos Animus. The rest are in line with the main lore like the Bleeding Effect, Templars, hidden blades and god-forbid, the Leap of Faith from a church.

The Catholic Church was insanely evil throughout most of its history. What's the complaint, that it portrays reality instead of your feelings?

They seem to be following the concept fairly closely, which is a shame because the story in the games is trash.

I'm not complaining actually. I was wondering what the other user is seeing in that evil white christians will be the main selling point.

Cool visuals, retarded script/acting.

What will Ubisoft come up with next?

That's a good thing because otherwise you'd just get a straight adaptation which is pointless considering people have already played that narrative.

Watch Dogs The Movie.

No really, it's in planning stages.

That line makes literally no sense. How can you trace a bloodline to a creed?
Do they know what a Creed is?

It would've made sense if they meant the "ancestor that took up the Assassin's creed".

Another meaning is that Creed means "belief" which still doesn't make sense as belief isn't a when.

looks like generic shit

>It would've made sense if they meant the "ancestor that took up the Assassin's creed".

That is what they meant, you brain dead chimps.

Yes but in the trailer it just felt like a title name drop as "Assassin's Creed" rather than what could have been better, "...his ancestor's creed".

Rabbids and Minions crossover.

[s4s] the movie

Not the other guys, but that would have been incredibly stupid.

It was semantically and grammatically a fine line. Just imagine someone saying, "Your genealogy can be traced back to the first World War"; i.e. his ancestors were around/involved in WWI.

What you've proposed is more along the lines of, "Your genealogy can be traced back to the war of your ancestor's." It sounds like some dumb middle-schooler failing to be mysterious about something incredibly obvious.

It's not a title drop, the name of the code the assassins follow is literally The Assassin's Creed.

oy vey how can you be so anti catholic? my people have been persecuted for thousands of years all over the world!

I know, but it's just been pointed out and made fun of as something as a distractingly funny name drop more often in the threads and/or comments of the video.

Though honestly the first thing I thought of when they said "The Assassin's Creed" was the 3 tenants Al Mulaim said in the first game. "Ancestor's order" would've been better.

Does anyone know the name of that edgy song on the new trailer?

Didn't even know it was edgy. I just remembered the lines THIS IS MY WORLD, alluding to the open world playground system of the games.

Not him, but it was edgy for the context.

>random piece of wardrobe
>Has excessive and unnecessary embellishments

Ubisoft said the movie is set in the same Universe as the games, there will probably be some references to Desmond Miles.

You can't win with video game spinoff adaptations, like you make it just like the video game and people will say IT'S TOO UNREALISTIC while if they do their own thing it's a bastardized cashgrab.

They should just do CG movies like the Resident Evil Leon series.

I'm guessing it's a wink cameo reference like say "...before he ends up like Subject 16 or escaping like 17".

I heard that but there is nothing on Google about it. The whole internet hasn't found out the song yet..

It's probably something that was made for the movie's OST.

>They should just do CG movies like the Resident Evil Leon series.
You realize those go straight-to-DVD, (or a very limited run), and are on a completely different scale and targeting a completely different audience?

They could do that, but the enterprise is so different, it's barely even related, and if they do one, they may or may not do the other. '

Ubisoft, of course, isn't interested in telling an important aspect of the AC story, or even making a good movie, but having the largest return on investment, and they probably wouldn't get that with a CG movie with a very limited audience.

Looks like complete shit with good actors. It's a shame that people like Fassbender and Cotillard star in dumb video game movies. Do they really need money that much?

quipy Rainbow Six movie when?

"...back five-hundred years, to the Assassin's Creed"
vs
"...back five-hundred memes, to his ancestor's order"

That would make Jiminy Irons seem as if he is trying his best to sound mildly poetic when everyone who works there knows what the fuck the Creed was and there's no point in hiding it.

Besides, from his tone he's clearly enthused about finding him. Compare 'We've found it-- the holy grail.' and 'We've found the grail from which eternal life pours!"

Everybody knows what the grail does, they don't need retarded exposition.

the games have tons of good music

why not use that?

I think they could at least hit a happy medium in the wardrobe department.

Sad really. I do want a full CG movie of Warcraft like the ones they do for the WoW trailers but I heard those took months, without mocap. The Assassin's Creed series only made 1 short film but not in the style of the E3 trailers.

>a group called the assassins creed

Same with Warcraft, video game movies don't suck because of the source material but because of all the shitty choices being made for marketing reasons.

>we want the suicide squad audience

For a movie that bombed people are trying really hard to copy its success

Not like Ancestor's Order overcomplicates the sentence. It's practically a thesaurus find. It would be close to your analogy if I said "the dogma of the muderers"

It didn't bomb?

I mean, I heard it did well financially but not the height that the investors wanted.

>The Catholic Church was insanely evil throughout most of its history.

How so?

Why not just assassins?
Assassins Creed is not a time.

Your world war example is stupid. Everything yous said so far is stupid. I am not surprised you are defending a videogame movie because everything about your posts reads like it was written by someone used to discussed a lesser medium like videogames.

>I do want a full CG movie of Warcraft like the ones they do for the WoW trailers but I heard those took months, without mocap.
It wouldn't benefit in the same way WoW would from pure CGI, with its completely fantastic world. It actually might have been unfeasible to do a WoW movie with live action or a mixture of live action and CGI. AC would definitely benefit by having real life actors for audiences to connect to.

Keep in mind also that WoW tanked in the West and probably turned a tidy profit, (or not, I'm not sure), by its release in China, which AC could not possibly hope for.

>For a movie that bombed
But it didn't.

that would make sense.

Sure, but I just mean that since the templars would be familiar with the Creed, he wouldn't need to be so evasive of the title.

I'm not defending it. I'm just pointing out that of all the things that is wrong with the trailer, that line is not one of them. I'll even concede that 'assassins' alone would have been a far better choice.

>Assassins Creed is not a time.

>Your world war example is stupid. Everything yous said so far is stupid.

I don't care if this is obvious bait, but here's another example: "Your genealogy can be traced back to the Nazis."

Because if you're retarded autism hasn't figured it out, 'tracing backward' isn't limited to temporal objects.

>"Your genealogy can be traced back to the Nazis."
Okay and here is how the actual equivalent would sound.
Because a creed is a set of beliefs or rules to live by.

So the line wouldn't be.
>"Your genealogy can be traced back to the Nazis."

The line would be.
>"Your genealogy can be traced back to the Hitler oath"

You hear how fucking retarded that sounds?

Your example is exactly what I said. It should just be assassins. Not awkwardly cram in the word creed.

marion is such a shit actress

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Probably, but with AC they also need a fantasy history world for the Assassins to jump on over through.

It is however, probably easier than the fantasy world of Warcraft since a couple of TV shows were able to do it with action. I mean imagine the guys who did Black Sails to do an adaptation of Black Flag

Whether it's easier or not, this film would probably do much better as a live action movie.

Alas, it's still under the scrutiny of both Ubisoft's mixed reception for the AC series stories and the continued curse of video game movies being less than favorably received.

>Fassbender signed up for this shit

Why

protestant detected

There hasn't been a single realistic-looking purely CGI film which has done gangbusters at the box office, so it's an unnecessary risk Ubisoft would rather not take.

He liked the premise in an interview.

Well that or Ubisoft put all their money in hiring bigshot names.

The full object of the clause is implicit; expanded, you would have:
"...traced back to the [members of/activities of/events surrounding/time of/] the [Assassin's Creed/Nazis/Hitler Oath]".

>"...the Assassin's Creed"
Jesus Christ, you could've just called them the Assassins.

Is he a serious actor yet?

>He liked the premise in an interview.
This is what we call bullshitting. Unless there's any reason to believe he's honest. If you asked any complete and utter sellout, (which Fassbender probably isn't, but most likely is in regard to this particular gig), would he really outright say, "I gave them a number and they agreed to it"? They would probably make up some bullshit about believing in the theme, or being attracted to the character, or something like that.

Oy vey it's like anudda Kennedy assassination

fassbender is too old for this role

like a fucking 40 year old?

As much as I love me some Asses Creed, this just looks like a capeshit tv series.
On the bright side, they got rid of that fucking rap music that ruined the other trailer. Hopefully thats not actually in the movie.

I'm not impressed, but I don't immediately hate this.

My exact feelings.

I just hope it's actually decent like 50-70% tomatometer just to get the curse of vidya movies out.

>Asses Creed
Not like AssCreed isn't the capeshit of the vidya world.

Oh man yeah, that took me out of it from the start. The Creed is the shit they say and believe in, how could you fuck that up? Shouldn't it be more like, we traced it back to the Brotherhood of Assassins

ofc, Stallone is still a big name and the movie was huge

By yourExcept Nazis were a group of people, a Creed is not.

It would be like saying my family could be traced back to the Boy Scout Oath instead of my family can be traced back to the Boy Scouts.

"...my family could be traced back to the [inception of the] Boy Scout Oath [/when it was decreed/when it was known to have been practiced]"

"...my family could be traced back to [the writing in/supporting/fighting/drafting of] The Emancipation Proclamation"

>Well, I might not be as good looking as Brad and Leo, but at least I'm not an ugly French hooker!

>inception
Except it is set in the Spanish inquisition. Which puts it 4 centuries after assassins creed 1

>Assassin's Creed II is one of the best gameplay experiences of the past two decades
>story is meh but the gameplay easily makes up for it
>at least the main character is well written from a campy James Bond-esque sort of perspective

In fact, all of the good AC games are the ones where the player character is a bit more fast and loose and doesn't take the creed so seriously. It's why Black Flag was so much better than 3 or Unity. Even syndicate was more fun than its shitty gameplay had any right to be because the mcs were fun and snarky.

>movie obviously can't have gameplay and also decides to have a super serious protagonist

Not worth it, which is a shame as I do enjoy half of the games quite a bit.

>when it was known to have been practiced

inception was just another optional parameter

>60% of the movie takes place in present times

The inception was even further that if following ACII's lore.

why does fassbender lower himself into making capeshit and vidyashit? doesnt he know he could ruin his career?

Go away Ahmed.

>I'm better than this! I'll just wait for a big role, here in 2016, to come along that isn't superhero or video game related

And he never acted again

He's sexy as fuck. He'll find work easily.

Why do you assume EVERY video game movie will be shit? Since you're aware how much of a talented actor he is, trust that this will be a good movie for he chose to star in it. He's breaking the mold.

Because so far the best vidya movie we have is either Persia or Angry Birds.

Now don't get me wrong, the cast and the director seem great. The problem is breaking the mold when everyone else is already saying that it's going to be shit because of
-60% present day
-video game movies being shit

He doesn't know shit about videogames. He doesn't know that they are all horribly written and that everyone over 16 playing videogames is a huge loser

He was in Fable 3 as well, I'm fairly sure he' got some idea about them.

That annoyed me too, one of the better things about the first game was,

>We have what we need, kill him.

It's gonna be SOOOOO SHIT

FUCKKEN LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>"I AM A GAWD"
>"GIMME MY DAMN CROISSANT!!!"
>rap """""""""music""""""""" blasting

hooolyyy fucking shit, this generation truly is lost. fucking millenials.

the trailer didn't have kanye or rap, dumbass.

I will be quite upset if i don't hear the eagle cry during said leap..

>the tips of their hoods / hats look like beaks of birds of prey

how did i just notice this

Not gonna lie. I'll be surprised if it's better than this

youtube.com/watch?v=vcE8xJkK6t4

Is EZIO in this movie?

No, it's just during his timeline but not following him.

Probably an offhand mention t hough.

I meant as a cameo

Well he wasn't the idea of some suit at Fox so no, he won't.

my nigga omar

Probably not. He was in the Spain for a short while but not the same time as Aguilar.

So who will make a cameo then? The only ones that I can think off are those two in Abstergo (Shawn and Rebecca). Maybe even subject 16?

If Michael Fassbender is such a great actor why does he only star in shitty movies?

Probably Rebecca or video footage of 17.

youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0

who the fuck lied to you that moors were black niggers? moors were arabs, looked like modern moroccans

He's very hot right now but hasn't really secured his place in the A-list, this will be the test to see if he can carry a big dumb action movie by himself.

am they are from Africa...

I dunno, this could be kinda cool.
Not 10/10 kino just a fun flick.

It felt like the trailer was trying to make it look as bad as possible. I won't be surprised if it turns out to be really good

If they want to stay true to the series than the main character will die at the climax of the film and they never reference him again, focusing instead on the egghead who's now working at a game company.

so how popular is asscreed in chinkland?

>He's part of the Assassin's Creed

God fucking dammit

No they aren't you dummy. Haven't you ever seen the Sardinian flag, decorated with the heads of the moors? They didn't make their heads light brown.

Nah, I'm banking on Shaun, since he's voiced by and modeled after Danny Wallace, with Rebecca being a voice offscreen

>hurr durrrrrrrr ur ancestors lived in Spain during the Spanish Inquisition
>YOU ARE NOW LE EBIN SUPERHERO IN SPAIN

...what in the flying fuck?

>trendy popshit music
Just no.

It's the whole premise of the AssCreed series. Genetic memory is real, and basically the thing that Magneto is in allows him to relive the memories of his ancestors and take on his skills and abilities.

Oh and there's this eternal war since the beginning of time which the series is kind of stuck with.

That doesn't make any fucking sense.

Welcome to fucking video games.

moor was pretty much a catch all term for everything that was darker than an italian/spaniard.

did you scream "how they be going at FTL speed???" at the screen back in 77?

>darker than italian
So black?

>more inappropriate nigger music
Pls stop

So pretty much all arabs and blacks, yeah.

Genetic memories is a pretty basic sci-fi meme (Dune).

It's quite obviously explained in the trailer that they use 'genetic memory' to access his ancestor in Spain you fucking SpEd.

So they going with the story assasin creed was supposed to have originally?
Where Desmond learns everything he sees and becomes on of the order in current time?

> PG-13, that release date, Jeremey Irons trying to put his kids through college lately? And another shit tier song.

Come on!

>This movie seems terrible
At least it will keep the autists busy for awhile making custom webms and music videos. You just know they're going to make it so that the cool fight scenes are occasionally interrupted by frames of him spinning in the stupid VR rig.

inb4 assassins creed: the movie: the game

So how long before hollywood attempts more vidya kino after the disaster that was Warcraft and now this travesty?

With or without DLCs?

that seems to actually makes more sense, despite looking like an eyesore

scan ticket stub QR code to watch special video and get a code to preorder DLC

>to the Assassin's creed

What did he mean by this?