Westworld thread

Westworld thread

best host edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XzwSW4OTZA4
aznude.com/mrskin/angelasarafyan/americanhorrorstory/AmericanHorrorStory-4x11-Rappold-Sarafyan-HD-01-hd.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=0I3EgQ394_k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=XzwSW4OTZA4

>make an alien robutt
Why?

All desires are welcome at Westworld.

The more exotic the better. Still looks human enough to be arousing, but at the same time has that otherworldly air.

she's got the kind of ugly face that I'd love to fucking force down on my cock.

even though her eyes are in different postcodes, I would smash the ever loving shit out of her, with my dick if you know what I mean

isn't she that dumb chick in the 'silence in the library' episode of doctor who?

What did he mean by this?

I thought she was hot as fuck when I watched the episode, but she looks weird in a still image.

Well whaddaya know, it is.

Claiming hookerfu.

Tallulah Riley was Mrs Elon Musk, twice

Fuck off she's mine

Since when there's someone else who likes her? Get in line boy.

>be a shitty but pretty """actress"""
>meet a beta billionaire
>marry him
>divorce him and take a few mils with you
>you are now set for life and can focus on your """acting""" career without worrying about mundane bullshit

Why wasn't I born a beautiful woman...

Even funnier is that she admits she married him because she was at a low point in her life and would have said yes to basically anyone. It's pretty funny what a loser Elon is socially compared to his status in the business world.

She was really hot in that shitty webseries with Brie

>Nolan took inspiration from video games like BioShock Infinite, Red Dead Redemption and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to deal with the narrative's moral component on a spectrum.

LITERAL

BETHESDA

QUALITY

Elon might be rich right now but inside he is still the insecure nerd that got bullied so many years ago

Shrink ray meme is best meme

pic related

don't feel sorry for him, he's fucking amber heard now

and soon will get alimoneyed

>Fucking another gold digger
Can't just himself enough. At some point his goal to profit is so he can pay alimony

>fucking

He's trying to court her. She will only let him fuck her when they get married. And then alimony him.

>Skyrim
>moral component

BRAVO NOLAN

So why exactly is MiB trying to steal the shrink ray tech anyway? Is he starting up his own westworld?

You mean she is draining his lifeforce to feed her succubus powers

Is raping the kid and baby robots also legal and free for all in these parks? If so that would attract a very... special kind of crowd.

How can the guests know which people are guests and which are hosts? What stops them from pulling out a knife and accidentally cut a real human's throat, or rape another guest, then claim they thought it was a host?

why does she always look like she's disgusted?

For the last time no

This was inspired by open world games and has video game morality and even in those games you can't hurt children unless you mod it

It's called hauteur

Are there literally no rules in westworld? Surely there must be a code of conduct against guests doing absolutely depraved shit to the hosts? Because if guests really are allowed to do whatever they want to guests, then people - especially the elites of society - would not be spending their time doing the stuff we've seen so far in the first 3 episodes.

>make humanity fly to and explore Mars so that he can pay off his alimoneys

absolute madman

Or
>Fly to mars to escape alimony

only one child host has been shown and he was with Ford, I doubt they would make any sexual organs on them cause it would violate laws in some countries

Okay. But what stops the guests from accidentally hurting each other? They can't use guns on humans, but some of them use knives and other weapons.

besides that we have seen guest scalping hosts, raping hosts (implied though MIB might not have done it) and gone through all kinds of grizzly shit and the maintenance people just shrug it off

Or

>shutting down your personal space program because you have to pay alimony

Jesus you can tell Thiel is going to turn into a raging asshat from this pic.

2/10

Nothing, guest can die in there and be hurt

Mostly just common sense

Most guest come together in the car and know each other so theres that

They also all go on different quest and have different mannerism, very touristy

What MIB did to that native guy was pretty depraved imo. I think they can do whatever they want as long as they've paid enough and don't fuck kid hosts.

Yeah. Thiel is beta uprising. Elon is beta in disguise.

>trusting a faggot to have taste in women

Is raping the kid and baby robots also legal and free for all in these parks? If so that would attract a very... special kind of crowd.

How can the guests know which people are guests and which are hosts? What stop them from pulling out a knife and accidentally cut a real human's throat, or rape another guest, then claim they thought it was a host?

Westworld is in Mars, thatis why it cost so much to go there.

Why did you copypaste my question?

Anyone have that scene from American Horror Story where she plays a dyke?

Why did you copypaste my question?

Ed harris' character has special privileges, Hemsworth character says "that man gets whatever he wants"

He says that about guests in general you colossal faggot.

>Are there literally no rules in westworld?

No. Westworld is purgatory and all of the characters in it are waiting to move on you dingus.

Ah she was Leaving, from Inception

Thiel is a based libertarian.

Those guys who stood up Dolores were ready to rape her, until one of them said he wanted it to be easy.

I think they can do whatever. Raping Dolores would simply have been another 'quest'. I imagine there are multiple narratives in which the guests can chose to save her, help her and Teddy get together, or make her fall in love with them and have consensual sex. But alternatively also kill Teddy and rape her.

I don't get it. She looks ugo af on every still and HNNNNG af in motion. Sorcery.

AYYLMAOs are like that

Go ahead and find another time where Hemsworth character says that. The guy reporting it to him even implies that normally they stop guests from committing mass murders by "slowing them down". Ed harris has special privileges

I call this the Sevigny effect

Why do they make the hosts human size and then they shrink them?

They stop the guests from going on constant mass killing sprees, but probably not from doing depraved things to a single host.

details are easier to work in life size

Some women look good in pictures and ugly in real life and vice versa

Right but they didn't stop harris from killing those people they just said fuck it

Plus you don't think they would find anything suspicious about one of their hosts missing/having their scalp peeled off

>Why do they make the hosts human size and then they shrink them?

Shrink?

>Delores
Morons.

The hardware and circuitry and junk would be impossible to make in miniature, retard.

I wasn't the user you were discussing with. MIB is a mystery character, we don't really know why he has 'special privileges' yet, or if he is really a normal guest.

I mean stuff that's more depraved than raping Delores.

Are you one of these giantfags in the other thread? Why tf would they use growth rays on all the technicians? Imagine the food bills

>Why do they make the hosts human size and then they shrink them?
Wait... you actually think they shrink the people down and that the map in the control room is the actual park? Jesus fuck thats retarded.

>pick up can
>give to Dolores
>we exchange pleasantries
>spend the day together painting
>she invites me back to the Ranch for supper
>enjoy each others company
>she offers me to spend the night
>slut mode engaged
>decline, I ask for a cuddle
>wake up
>she doesn't remember me
>I cry my eyes out
>leave WestWorld and demand a refund as I was sold on the idea of escapism but my crippling loneliness reared its ugly head here as well

>CTR has deposited $0.05 into your account.

>map
you mean the tiny real park with all the guests on it in miniature? holy shit i cant wait for you 1:1fags to be BTFO in ep 4

It's just a retarded meme that an user is desperate to force.

Because he's Ford's partner, he isn't a guest.

Like what kind of stuff? We don't know if Harris raped her, but he probably scalped her. What's more depraved than torturing and raping the hosts? The bandits even mentioned raping the 'corpse' of the dead mom host, implying that okay for the guests too.

But it's kind of given you probably can't do depraved things to the children androids.

> everything happens at the same time
> There's no shrinking
> Guests can fuck children but are strongely advised to do it far from the starting point (who don't have many kids anyway) so they don't shock other guests.
We haven't see the "crazy shit" happening far outside town and I suspect raping robots shaped like kids isn't the worst thing happening there. If you want some ideas, look at the prince character in HxH, that would be what some people would become if WW was real

Maybe, if a guest initiates or unlocks a specific narrative, Dolores doesn't go in a one day loop, but keeps on with the narrative for the amount of time the guest spends on it.

you have to fight off the men and her gunslinger needs to die. its like you havent been watching

>But it's kind of given you probably can't do depraved things to the children androids.
Today's morality don't apply. It's clear for everyone in the show the hosts are not humans or even alive, their shape shouldn't change anything. I'm pretty sure some guests are raping little girls with horse hosts cocks because why not

>we don't really know why he has 'special privileges' yet, or if he is really a normal guest.

It was heavily implied that he has special privileges by Hemsworth saying 'that man' as opposed to 'guests' gets whatever they want.

The person asking whether to slow him down or not implies that guests have gone on mass killing sprees before and needed to be inhibited to continue doing so.

That's what it felt like to me anyway, you'd think someone who had been going there for 30 years would get some extra benefits.

>its like you havent been watching
Have you? It has happened where the gunfight doesn't occur. Also

Did nobody watch episode 3? Hopkins pretty much tells us who the MiB is.

interesting
so what does the attack on the ranch depend on? another event tree and other guests interactions?

>le man in black is arnold meme

MiB isn't Arnold

he said 'he gets what ever he wants'. that doesn't necessarily mean him specifically, it could easily mean all guests

So Ed Harris is a guest. It's coincidence that he's been coming here 30 years, and Arnold's "accident" happened 30 years ago. It's coincidence that the people he interacts with are the ones who hear Arnold, and were affected by Ford's update.

That makes more sense?

>ywn make Delores watch as you rape Teddy in the field and ywn make Delores paint Teddy's rape under threat of killing him if she didn't and ywn kill him anyway and then have her horse rape her and ywn shoot Delores and her horse when they are done and ywn paint a pretty sunset picture with all the blood

He's Yul Brynner m8. Now that the story is being told from the perspective of the hosts, he's gonna be our gunslinger antagonist.

It's more likely that Arnold killed Ford and put a robot in his place.

Faggot

No but that doesn't mean he's Arnold. And nobody said he died 30 years ago

Reminds me of Henning Wehn

nah m8, Delores is Yul Brynner.

they have the same face and chin too.

Even if Westworld existed I think you would be banned during doing this

Your ideas of horrific stuff is so mild it become hilarious

>Delores
>Delores
>Delores
It is Dolores you fuck

Is there a line for someone trying to screw delores. The amount whore/slut/girl next door to guest ratio makes me think that there instancing in the place.

So, robot Rami when?

Actually, Diluris was more common in the 1880s.

So how many towns do we think there are in westworld?

Why ? It's really nothing, I do worse playing skyrim even without mods. Devs themselves want to put cannibalism

They mention an accident 30 years ago. Ford says Arnold died in an accident. But Ford knows better, he knows it wasn't an accident but calls it that anyway because that's the cover story.

t. someone named Delores

it's a (shitty) meme, you dip

Or enough for a single nolife to take 30 years to get to know everyone perfectly, all quests and storylines.

>ywn work at westworld

The employees don't even have internet access m8, you'd be miserable.

There can be only one accident and Arnold can only be MiB because reasons. MiB is a player, Ă  pure gamer, Arnold was a dev and wouldn't take 30 years to figure out Ă  game he designed. MiB was probably a young player who got involve in the accident created by Arnold and got traumatize to the point of devoting his life to crack the game secrets

>ywn work at westword, fall in love with dolores and repair her every night and clean out all the horse semen that the depraved guest made her drink

why even live

>live in an underground bunker
>every day same people
>job is cleaning semen from robot vaginas
>no internet
>moody and abusive superiors

no thx

aznude.com/mrskin/angelasarafyan/americanhorrorstory/AmericanHorrorStory-4x11-Rappold-Sarafyan-HD-01-hd.mp4

>finally get a job at Westworld
>your jobs is to clean the jizz out of all the whores / rape victims.

>drink
Cute

What would be the best job to have at Westworld?

I've got all the episodes recorded and I'm watching that scene right now

He specifically says "That gentleman gets whatever he wants"

Ford apparently does whatever the fuck he wants, strolls in the park with his custom bots and also has a creepy lair with a pianistbot playing the music he likes.

Oh also he plays the part of the Devil in his own creation myth. pretty rad.

Cleaning semen from Dolores is one thing but cleaning semen from the shériff eyeball...

>not owning that position
>not doing a deal with the security guys who will tip you off when one of the whores was involved with a black buck and you enter your element

Surely there's gotta be someone who test-fucks all the female hosts to make sure it feels authentic and there's no problems.

What are your predictions for the finale?

>MiB unlocks the code
>it changes him back to real human sife whilst STILL in Westworld
>he becomes a giant and crushes all of the guests trapped in Westworld

What was Ford looking for when he walked out into the desert in episode 2? It seemed like he was feeling around for a trapdoor.

Delores becomes the gunslinger and kills MIB loads of other humans

Shrinking theory is the worst meme

Size*

Eh it's somewhat amusing.

The shrink ray malfunctions and causes the park to become an actual planet

The new questline

Why are you guys overthinking this

He has a new quest that has to do with religion and massacre

It's actually pretty hilarious when you realize just how blatantly wrong and absurd it is

Showdown with Dolores and MIB at the end of the Maze, MIB works for Ford and wants to put an end to the maze and Arnold's interference in the park. Dolores becomes the first host to kill a guest.

The end of maze there is a very old Arnold and he shows Dolores how to unlock and be free.

guys guys guys

are the guests edible??

asking for a friend

Judging from the beginning of the Wyatt quest, it has to do with the voice of God. Which resonates strangely with the way Arnold wanted to make the hosts conscious.

Does that mean Ford want to make the robots conscious, for them to be the next step of evolution as he implied in the pilot?

Is him saying "they're just machines" a red herring? Or is he disappointed in them? I can't figure him out.

So Bernard is host right? Ford has programmed him with Arnold's consciousness?

Yeah, his words and actions don't add up if you take them at face value.

I think he's secretly pushing them towards sentience while acting like they're just machines. I also think he knows Bernard is susceptible to this sort of stuff, which is why Ford showed him Arnold's pyramid diagram -- he wants Bernard to chase Arnold's dream.

Stop overthinking

If Ford does a 180 where he goes against all of his actions, then this show is shit. I can't stand when characters do and say one thing and then the show goes oh trick you, WHAT A TWEEST

He explicitly says he doesn't think of them as humans and his actions guide that. He is the antagonist of Arnold's and Bernard's ambition to create truly conscious human hosts.

His movement to the church isn't something clandestine or has a greater purpose

It's his new questline that he thinks will be his masterpiece that involves Wyatt and Teddy, religion and lots of massacre

askin the important questions here

They could just cook regular meals and use the growth beam on them, or cook tiny meals and use it twice.

the guest are human

I think you mean the hosts? Which are the robots. All of them are created of an organic material that is the same as the animals that are being cooked there and eaten.

Well, are they?

why dont they just hire prostitutes? wouldn't it be cheaper?

I guarantee each season will be a like book with new characters and setting (Bernard/management staff will probably always be there) so expect everything to be boxed off at season finally apart from stuff involve the 'future' scenes

yeah I meant the guests
rephrasing
>ARE THE FUCKING HOSTS EDIBLE???

>Takes the word of a bitter ex-wife as gospel
You must be a fucking retard.

Its like we've never seen exs talk shit before have we? And lets pretend it was true, what does that say about her? Seriously fuck off.

Rich people pay 3000 dollars for coffee that is shat out by a cat

You don't know the amount of money rich people pay just do crazy or obscene shit

I wish I could know

I really, really, really like this fox

Do you think that the children hosts have accurate genitalia?

Is it someone's job in the park to test the functionality of the sexual organs of the animals and the children?

How do they know that the children have accurate genitalia? Does the sex tester for adult hosts also have to sex test animals, children, eye sockets etc?

Does the park hire arrested sex offenders to beta test the updates in children's genitalia? They're the ones most likely to know what it feels like

Do convicted cannibals taste the hosts and tell the creators if they taste accurate?

Does the elevator into the park that the staff take shrink them, or do they need to be resized on the train like all of the guests?

Is Bernard Ford's dead wife's son, brought back in the form of a host?

better

>Is Bernard Ford's dead wife's son, brought back in the form of a host?

lmao this thread

> Do convicted cannibals taste the hosts and tell the creators if they taste accurate?
rly maeks u think

Issei Sagawa approve this thread

I like this idea.

So the guests can be shot but it doesnt Hurt them.
Can they die or get seriously Hurt at all? We've seen knifes and you could fall from a high place.
Or is there some kind of block for them to get physically hurt

>/got/ faggots and their faggot posts and mentality already creeping into /westworld/

what did they mean by this?
not memeing, I was intrigued when I saw this in the trailers

A old western fictional theme park is actually a pretty good idea for this sorta thing. What other parks would you like to see?
I would like a park set in 1944 france where you re enact D-day. That would be insane

From a Q and A guest death rarely happen but sometimes they die by falling or tumbleweed and shit

>Dolores, activate Anime Mode.

These parks would never be attractive to people without sex. You'd need lots of opportunity for sex in any potential parks.

So did they build sweetwater and then shrank it or did they shrink every material required and built it where it stands?
How did they make the Giant Scientists clothing? Surely such a resource is wasteful

>Elon Musk
So he like a guest he ended up paying 40k or so for everyday he was married to her?

looks like that bullet still raised a welt on William

probably hits with enough force to lose an eye

and all amusement parks eventually have guest injuries/fatalities

what level of photoshop proficiency does it take to create an unholy horror such as this one? legit curious

Is westworld an actual area near the base or is it some kind of virtual world the guests enter? Im so confused

you can fuck grateful french women tho
they've been failed by their men already, they need protection. their feminine instincts kick in when they see these tall, courageous guys bearing chocolate and gum.

real historical fact btw.

>then this show is shit

No, you're just an insecure dumbass. Anti-intellectualism isn't a virtue, and Cred Forums isn't welcome. Conveniently the word "shit" is a huge red flag for people like you here. Thanks for making it easy to disregard your "opinions."

level 1?

post yfw tasting hosts' meat

>If a writer just disregards everything he told his audience about a character and his actions as red herrings so he can make a twist
>this is anti-intellectualism
>mentioning Cred Forums when my post didn't have anything near that

Yeah please kill yourself.

Ah yes, the highest level.

I like the idea of creating Middle-Earth with the hosts being all creatures from Middle-Earth and you need to take the ring to mordor in a 5-year quest.

Problem is after spending 5 years in there you would be too disoriented and cant function in a normal society probably

Sometimes characters have hidden agendas, it doesn't mean the writers did a 180 on the character.

Where do you draw the line between child and adult? Is a teenager an adult or a child?

There's nothing wrong with red herrings and there's nothing wrong with characters having plans and motivations which are kept secret from the viewers for lengths of time. You're a fucking moron, you aren't an expert writer, you're a clueless neckbeard with delusions that your opinions are valuable or meaningful.

>ywn kill Daloris, then slice up her butt into big hearty chunks and fry it on an open fire with your bros

Guys is westworld an actual place in the show's real world or is it some kind of virtual place which they enter with some scifi shit

Or sometimes people who watch shows like this overanalyze everything.

Everyone has a hidden agenda, every thing has a second meaning.

If this shows delves into that kind of LOST territory where it can't tell a story without having every episode have their viewers theorybait everything, then it is shit frankly.

Honestly you guys should just go back to /got/ or remake LOST general with that kind of shit cause thats exactly what its evolving into

You seem to be implying that everything should be as it seems... should be as it seems subjectively to you even, which is even more hilariously absurd.

>stop overthinking

you are scum

>asian guests visit the park
>they keep being offered build-a-railroad quests

>tfw born too early to experience parks like westworld

MIB is clearly this guy from the original park, given unlimited free access because of the accident that occurred. Arnold died along with most of the original team in that incident.

This is the third time you've said people are overanalyzing/overthinking. We get it, you think things are exactly as they're presented on the surface. You don't have to tell everyone who thinks otherwise that they're overthinking things.

>do MiddleEarthWorld
>pay $2m upfront fee
>don't have enough in my party to fulfil requirements
>join other party
>they're all Chads whilst me and my friend are just quiet
>character selection
>friend and I result as Sam and Frodo
>bullied throughout the entirety of the game with homosexual insults
>one Chad gets to bang the Arwen host and treats her face like a decorator's radio
>all the other Chad's get off with goddess hosts in Edoras
>Im stuck with my friend going climbing a fucking mountain range for months

Seems like you're looking for reality TV shows or celebrity gossip drama or something. Depth is always a good thing, there's plenty of garbage without it for people like you.

>I didn't pay all this money because I want it easy

The guests are shrank down to size when they board the train. Westworld itself is no bigger than your average table

why?

If I am paying 40k per day why can't i have that baby orgy and fuck newborns to death?

>Implying he isn't talking about the cost of suing Delos after the first incident

but who was shrinkgun?

How did William get from the miniatureizer to the train through one door? That takes some timing.

don't cut yourself on all that edge

>miniatureizer
its a de-bigulator, you dolt.

Favorite scene so far?

youtube.com/watch?v=0I3EgQ394_k

Nah, there are mysteries here and hidden agendas you can analyze because they aren't presented and clear.

What are MIB intentions, what is Dolores endgame, who buried the picture there and what does William want out of his experience in the park

But Ford has already shown his cards. He is the worlds creator. He doesn't see the . He has a fued with both Bernard and Arnold over host being sentient.

So you are telling me its a good theory to think that he doesn't any of this, he's actually lying because the writer wants you think that and pull out a huge twist and this is good writing?

Depth isn't second guessing everyone's motives and theorycrafting. Depth in fiction is understanding actions and characters, not making your audience secondguess everything so they can spark discussion and have a bunch of nerds guess whos father is who, who actually is a robot, who this mystery guy is.

Can you buy qt bots outside of Westworld?

>not the disembiggenizer

>He doesn't see the host as human beings and treat them as such.

Holy shit lol ded

> Armistice off to the right
bestfu

If you think you know what Ford's motives are at this point then you're an idiot. There's plenty of material to suggest that he could be hiding something.

>theorycrafting

You mean discussion/speculation? You're somehow so brainwashed by this shitty website that you think it's bad if people speculate on a story... that's fucking incredible. Worthless people think repeating a shrink ray joke for the 500th time is funny. Worthwhile people enjoy speculating and using their brains. No amount of repeating otherwise will ever change that.

are explosives banned in westworld?

like instead of going on a shooting spree what if you bombed the town?

The entire selection of items they're allowed to bring into the park are in those rooms in episode 3...

you cant make your own weapons or explosives in the park?

You thinking Ford motives are not plain is the same as the idiot theorycrafting shrink rays, you are overanalyzing something already explained and presented just for overanalyzing sake. Oh sure they could later explain they do actually shrink everything and everything shown to you is just a lie, its really deep bro.

>You mean discussion/speculation? You're somehow so brainwashed by this shitty website that you think it's bad if people speculate on a story...
Speculate on something worth speculating, Unless you can somehow POINT to anything clear that shows Ford isn't what he is, then you have something, otherwise then you are just theorycrafting and overanalyzing out of thin air.

KINO

the security team is monitoring everything thanks to their cool 3D map
if they see a guest doing something forbidden they come in

c-can she be a host guys?

>le morality is subjective
You fucking pedos make me sick, when are you going to get it in your head that pedophilia is objectively wrong and that pedophiles are fucking weirdos?

You could kill other guests way too easily. Plus it would take a lot more effort to repair shit if guests got to bomb the fucking place

really.

Between that and keeping up with all the different timeline versions of the control room would cause the production costs to spiral out of control

>born 2001

that's unreal

Why does that look like William's friend?

I'm guessing you're not allowed to go on a rampage with melee weapons then?

she's a great little actress

Because Ford's actions don't make sense if you take them at face value. That's the entire basis for speculation here. His cards don't add up.

>says it would be bad if the robots became intelligent
>gives them an update that pushes them towards intelligence and don't tell anyone about it

Also he clearly knows Bernard has a dead son, but talks about how humans have basically "become God" and how soon they'll be able to "call forth Lazarus." Doesn't it seem like he's tempting Bernard to do something here?

It's strange to me that you don't think there's more to Ford than meets the eye.

From the Westworld terms and conditions

>However, the following causes of accidental death have occurred within the Delos Destinations compound: buffalo stampede, self- cannibalism, accidental hanging, drowning, 3rd-degree burns, autoerotic asphyxiation, blunt force trauma, allergic reaction to non-native plant life, falling from great heights, common manslaughter, tumbleweeds.

So going on a rampage with melee weapons would probably result in interference from security

>tumbleweeds.

really, death by tumbleweeds. could they not run out of way in time?

Really. How do they manage this?

I would guess you have new and repeat visitor that want some and then what do you do if the random guest wants to cut in (ie he/she just happens to be there when she drops the can)?

Why can't there be multiple copies of Dolores?

Both branches after the attack involve a guest so it has to be a guest triggered event.

Not to mention his rejection of Sizemore's new storyline on the basis that the guests come for the details, for the possibility that they've "noticed something no one has ever noticed before" rather than for an exciting but ultimately shallow experience. He clearly has a stake in all of it beyond profiting from a theme park.

Yes he told Bernard not to venture into Arnold's territory

He's obviously lying there. In fact, we don't even know Bernard has a son. He could have made that up.

He has Dolores father decomissioned even though he was close to being sentient because it's just a ploy, he actually hide it away and works on it in his part time.

See this all makes sense now.

kek

>yrw the shrink ray turns out to be god

Isn'tt that what ford meant at the end of episode 2?

>be chad
>get hired as test cock
>Great fun until you have to test fuck Teddy

I want to see more of the Lesbian Guest.

Also she used to play a prostitute in a Australian show called Satisfaction, so her picking up a pro was a little nod to that I think.

if you killed Teddy and cut off his cock to make a necklace, would you be allowed to keep it?

Could you then return the next loop and make him suck his own cock?

Earlier timeline.

30 years later when he is the MiB in the pilot Teddy's shots do nothing to him.

A guest can pick up her can, woo her and then get unlock "Guest's choice " which clearly means he decides what happens next and Dolores will go along with it.

When Bernard was skyping with his wife, he referred to where he works as "out here".

Did he mean out in the wilderness?
Did he mean out in the ocean (island)?
Did he mean out in space?

Utah ffs...

Nice strawman.

I think the entire point is that if he has an agenda to make the robots intelligent, it is one he is keeping secret. He didn't tell anyone about the Reverie update, and Bernard only noticed it since he's a fucking detail-obsessed autist and caught one of the slutbots touching her lip. Ford probably didn't want anyone to know about it period. The other points you mention (telling Bernard not to make Arnold's mistake, and having the two malfunctioning bots decommissioned) are just keeping up appearances.

I think the scene between Cullen and Sizemore in episode 1 gives credence to this interepretation. We know that corporate has a hidden agenda, and Ford is probably the one implementing it in the park. Artificial Intelligence is the most sensible possible hidden goal, given the premise of the show.

space

Judging by the Delos globe, its on another planet.

>a blackie can afford to go to westworld

dropped, immersion ruined

Could just be in the middle of the literal nevada desert. Maybe Westworld is like an old Area 51 complex where the military uses to test a bunch of drones and stuff but after a while they just opened it up the public because at some point the technology had become so widespread that keeping it secret was just pointless.

Very good Soros-san!

Twice. They married twice.

There's an interview, I believe they were still married, and she says something like "sometimes I just feel like taking a plane back to London and never come back" and Musk is like "what? really?"

"Ohh.... no, I was just.... joking...."

being a beautiful woman is easy mode in life. You get to be bitch and hurt everyone around you with no consequences.

>being a beautiful woman is easy mode in life
true if you have a support system and are also pretty rich to begin with

if you're a beautiful woman with no men to protect her and dirtpoor it's not so easy life

more like easy prey for predators

Wrong. There will always be a rich beta willing to provide for you. You have been given an example in the post you quoted. He doesn't have to put up with her shit, but her being pretty is enough for him to do so.

kinda. you can still rank up rather easily. Look at all these Instagram models that are OBVIOUSLY escorting on the side. Some of them, especially the hispanic ones, come from dirt poor backgrounds, yet now you see them in photos on boat parties and all over the world.

I think if societies filters were removed (ie the premise for West World) pedophilia would be the towards the least shocking behavior

Guessing it would be moral fags such as yourself that would end up spending your week buttfucking the stableboy

>Do you think that the children hosts have accurate genitalia?

The way the machines design the host is based on human anatomy. This can be said of host of all ages.

>Is it someone's job in the park to test the functionality of the sexual organs of the animals and the children?

Every host goes through a series of physicals to make sure every aspect of their body is functional.

>How do they know that the children have accurate genitalia? Does the sex tester for adult hosts also have to sex test animals, children, eye sockets etc?

Same answer as above, they run physical diagnostics.

>Does the park hire arrested sex offenders to beta test the updates in children's genitalia? They're the ones most likely to know what it feels like

They hire board certified pedeatric urologist and gynecologist to run test and analysis.

>Do convicted cannibals taste the hosts and tell the creators if they taste accurate?

They hire food specialists to do blind food test of all the host animals.

>Does the elevator into the park that the staff take shrink them, or do they need to be resized on the train like all of the guests?

It is a multi tiered process similar to the train where the elevator shrinks and grows with the staff depending on the location.

Yes

If ford said they cured all disease and can keep even the week eat alive in the first episode., how did black science man's son get ded?

he got shat robbing a gas station in compton

shot by racist police

it's an actual place you dumb fuck. in episode 1 you see that the complex the "real world" takes part in is located out in the same kind of outback desert.

Being a beautiful man is also easy mode in life, just in a slightly more abstract way.

>he is 4"9'

What

Mars. That's why it costs so much.

She kind of looks like Sid the Sloth.

Why are all the prostitutes so ugly? they look like walking corpses
I would have gotten for a prettty robot virgin
The prostitues have fucked 100s of men and women and only getting a sloppy clean up job after

That's not life being easy, that's him being a faggot.

"Dolores" means "Pains" in Spanish. Significant?

The hookers are entry tier user. All the good women are characters like Dolores where you have to jump through all kinds of hoop to get them.

Why make robots when you can make a VR?

Stupid series.

T H I S

>dolores
>good

you what now?

George Lucas please
Because that's stupid
If I had the option I would choose to go to a real place over VR every time

Muh matrix! Muh CGI!

#
>Do you think that the children hosts have accurate genitalia?

The way the machines design the host is based on human anatomy. This can be said of host of all ages.

>Is it someone's job in the park to test the functionality of the sexual organs of the animals and the children?

Every host goes through a series of physicals to make sure every aspect of their body is functional.

>How do they know that the children have accurate genitalia? Does the sex tester for adult hosts also have to sex test animals, children, eye sockets etc?

Same answer as above, they run physical diagnostics.

>Does the park hire arrested sex offenders to beta test the updates in children's genitalia? They're the ones most likely to know what it feels like

They hire board certified urologist and gynecologist to run test and analysis.

>Do convicted cannibals taste the hosts and tell the creators if they taste accurate?

They hire food specialists to do blind food test of all the host animals.

>Does the elevator into the park that the staff take shrink them, or do they need to be resized on the train like all of the guests?

It is a multi tiered process similar to the train where the elevator shrinks and grows with the staff depending on the location.

Bernard being a host is inconclusive. But if he is there is a high likely hood he is Ford's wife dead son.

>implying Dolores isn't the best looking woman in the entire show

she's awful. the "2/10 assistant" lady was the hottest one by far

They should've cast a younger actress. ERW is almost 30 and a mom.

Elon is INTJ

The Matrix idea was superior to this piece of shit in every way.

I would agree that the matrix has a better premise, sure, but to me that doesn't automatically mean that the show is bad. I think the show is great

This show takes place within the Blade Runner/Alien/Prometheus universe.

Prove me wrong.

If you don't like this show, let alone think it's muh "shit" binary sperglord buzzword, the problem lies with you.

Ok gramps

Fuck off Normie's. Can't wait for that child host sex scene

Is it 2deep4my2binary1mind??

It's probably better than Game of Thrones but it still doesn't qualify as a "good show"

Good shows such as Fargo, Leftovers, True Detective season 1, etc.

Well that is your opinion. For what it's worth I like all those shows too except I haven't watched Leftovers

The ones from the movie are pretty good, Rome at it's height and medieval Europe. Other great areas might be feudal Japan (for all the weeaboos), 1920s Chicago and some more modern war one (WW2, Vietnam,...)

Westworld seems like an 11/10 show so far. Can you name a single legitimate criticism, let alone a reason why it's bad overall?

The only thing that could be potentially be a problem is that it goes the LOST route and raises more questions than it answers. Though the ep. 4 preview seems like shit is going to get real pretty fast.

1) bad acting (except Hopkins and partially Harris)
2) overused premise
3) robots instead of VR doesn't make sense
4) endless repetition

The maze is shaped like a brain.

>ep 4 preview

bullshit tho. watch the ep 3 preview after watching ep 3 itself. half the shit in the preview doesn't even happen.

when

Fargo is shit, everything else listed is much better than Westworld

>bad acting
>Abernathy

stop with this meme already.

It's fairly pretentious at times. Like there are a tleast two scenes I can think of where characters implicityly tell the audience that they are about to see something unique and profound.

One is where the two dudes are on the train and the other is when Ford slams that indian horde narrative.

Really? I didn't see the ep 3 preview before ep 3.

>developing a reliable brain-computer interface
>programming every law of physics
>programming every sensory experience
>programming AI for hosts

vs

>programming AI for hosts
>putting that AI in actual physical bodies

I wonder what takes more effort

>One scene in three episodes makes up for the rest of the cast sleepwalking through everything

The english designer character is porn acting tier.

The exact details of the show's setting and history are deliberately convoluted, to buy the show time. Which is irksome as a viewer.

Other things I've noticed have bothered me, but are not worth mentioning. Just little splinters that catch on the sides your viewing experience.

I like it overall though, and the main theme of consciousness and humanity's relationship to it, is interesting and they're doing a good job at exploring that.

>4 feet 9 inches
poor guy was bullied by japanese like crazy

Ive noticed this shit too. Half the shit shown in the previews doesn't even happen in the next episode.

The acting is pretty convincing. Except for that vigilante saloon robber who got shot in the neck in episode 1. HBO usually has decent acting

It's called building anticipation, m8.

One of the greatest scenes in all of Star Wars is just a discussion. Luke tells Yoda that he's not afraid and Yoda replies, "You will be". It's foreboding and captures imagination.

that maze isn't that hard to solve, why a map?

But why whould anyone want to live in the past?

Ryrybot when?

>Dolores impeccable "robot" acting

seriously, stop it.

What do robot tits feel like?

The Wild West seems pretty comfy to me. I'd go back in time and visit it.

>bad acting

The acting is 10/10 across every single character.

>overused premise

Overused according to who? I've never seen anything even similar to this show. Not a criticism in any case, has nothing to do with the actual quality of the show.

>robots instead of VR doesn't make sense

Bait, no one is this stupid.

>endless repetition

Bait, no one is this stupid.

You dont want to play cowboy, shoot mexicans, and fuck southern cowgirls?

Pretentious doesn't apply if the depth is actually there. Stop using the word, you don't know what it means.

>The acting is 10/10 across every single character.
This is a Westworld fan, ladies and gentlemen. Every single character in Westworld is a perfect 10/10 actor.

We don't know what the future is like. We have conquered the genome. The future maybe so boring that something like this would have great appeal.

LEAKED PIC FROM EPISODE 4

Who's that semen demon with those cocksucking lips?

>robots instead of VR doesn't make sense

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

That's why you think you know that fully-immersive VR will be possible before what's seen in this show. You're not an expert, you don't know what you're talking about. Even if you had a point, which you don't have anything even close to a point, it would still be a really dumb reason to criticize a show.

>It's called building anticipation, m8.

it's called tooting your own horn user.

New thread when?

Edgy faggot

Why don't you "pretentious" spamming dumbfucks just a make an approved list of conversation topics and themes which are allowed in entertainment? Better yet, why not just watch reality TV instead of whining about any attempt at insightful writing, successful or otherwise? Did you ever think that maybe you should just stick to religion and celebrity worship?

>Robots still aren't well defined enough for us to know if it's bad acting or meant to be robotic

Nope

There is no depth to be found on this shitty show. It's a story told a million times before in a million different better ways.

>ywn be autistic enough to go into threads of shows you don't like just to complain
Feels good man

It's literally promised the audience to show us who we are and who we could be, pretty serious extistential questions in other words.

If it does manage to deliver on that, yes, it's going to be fucking amazing, but if it's not than those scenes are just pretentious twattery from writers who thought that simply telling the audience that the show is good is enough to make it good.

>run of the mill contrarian lazy copy and paste "argument"
>shit buzzword

The depth is definitely there, you're just not smart enough for it.

Cred Forums or Cred Forums, sperg.

There is absolutely zero substance to this argument. You can say this about just about anything.

>It's literally promised the audience to show us who we are and who we could be

When?

It will not, because it's impossible to answer those questions. Don't be fucking naive.

Go back to Cred Forums kiddo, you're clearly out of your element here

Why do edgy teenagers think everyone wants to rape and murder deep down inside? It's only a tiny percentage of people that are weirdos like you and want to fuck kids or have the urge to kill people

WHERE IS WESTWORLD (in ascending order of plausibility)

-- the total absence of nonhuman animal life forms beyond flies (which can be assumed to have traveled with the park's developers).
-- The absence of a moon in the night sky in the scenes we've seen so far
-- Elsie's comment that the hosts are designed not to be curious about or possess knowledge of astronomy
-- The "tour of duty" nature of working in the park
-- The need to use scheduled, specific channels to communicate with the outside world (although that could be explained otherwise)

So, wherever WW is, it's remote. The possibilities in ascending order of plausibility

-- Terraformed Mars (a lot of handwaving to explain doing this and the time involved in getting there)
-- Man-made satellite out of Earth's orbit to prevent it appearing in the night sky (see above)
-- Underground territory with a projected sky (WW itself is probably at least 100 miles in diameter, where would you do this safely)
-- Man-made island (affords legal independence, expensive but not impossible)
-- Australia with impenetrable barriers not permitting any outside animals to burrow or fly in (Delos has purchased the property and is the de facto government)

The tech level depicted in the show so far:
-- AI of a level not entirely understood by most of the park's own staff
-- Nearly nano-level engineering that itself is probably only 30 years old
-- Magic bullets/guns
-- Holographic displays (which would back up a virtual sky)
-- All forms of human disease conquered

What we HAVEN'T seen demonstrated behind the scenes is just as important: transporters, antigrav, FTL, direct human-to-computer cybernetic interfaces, tangible solid-light constructs, transhumanism or evidence of any form of human augmentation. Even the preview for ep 4 shows a KruppThyssen Bagger 288 excavator instead of some futuristic device (it's CGI but it's a perfect reproduction) carving out Ford's next attraction space.

They are allowed to do whatever the fuck they want, but if a person goes around and can't shut the fuck up about how amazing and intelligent they are, plenty of people will find it annoying as fuck, even if that person really is as amazing and intelligent as they claim to be.

>kiddo

Literally no one ever answered those questions, people have been losing sleep over them for thousands of years now, but you expect that some tv show will finally reveal the answers?

They reference the moon in episode 3.

It's Cred Forums logic. Set up a ridiculous, contrived conditional that you know will be satisfied in the way you want, then act like an impartial skeptic. Additional requirement is to be too stupid to realize that everyone can see what you're doing.

What I'm more interested in is where he even got that from. Sounds like he's so stupid that he just plucked a theme-related conversation between characters and said "this is a message to the audience becuz rezons lol." Circle jerking on this site is really brain damaging, that much is obvious at this point.

>-- the total absence of nonhuman animal life forms beyond flies (which can be assumed to have traveled with the park's developers).

confirmed not having watched the show

there are snakes, all sorts of bugs, horses, cattle and dogs. fucking retard.

When Ford slams the indian horde narratie and when the black and white hat guest arrives on the train.

Ford literally delivers a speech on what makes for truly great story telling. This implies that the creators of the show are setting up a set of bars that they are promising to jump over.

The black hat guest literally tells the white hat guest that Westworld is an amazing place that allows people to discover who they are and that it's not just the usual tits and guns thing. Again, this is commentary on the show and it's setting up similar bars to what we are given by Ford.

Even if the show actually manages to deliver on these promises, it's doubtful that these scenes actually help it be great.

His point is that there aren't any actual snakes in Westworld, only host versions. The flies are the only real animals in the place, which is why none of the hosts are literally unable to hurt them even when they do shit like land directly on their eyeball

>le society is the only thing keeping everyone from killing and raping each other
Most people don't want bad things to happen, and consider committing rape and murder to be fucked up things they don't want on their conscious. I don't understand how a man could have as much malice and anger to rape someone, it just seems like such a negative experience most people would want to avoid it

I know exactly where he's coming from. Ep1 Ford's conversation with (I believe) Bernard and then Ep2 when Ford refuses to proceed with that new adventure and instead proposes his own idea.

Where are you getting that every conversation in the show related to the appeal of the park is meta or actually about storytelling? I mean sure you can, in a ham-fisted way, interpret it as a criticism of dullards who call themselves fans of Arnold Schwarzenegger movies or create the demand for photos of celebrities eating, but where are you getting that this is the intent of the writers? The show is an exploration of consciousness. Your proof that these ideas are something other than an extension of that central theme, of building the setting?

Sounds like you're just making up that you're being promised something totally subjective so that you can later say it didn't deliver which is deranged behavior I've only ever witnessed on this site.

I'm just telling you where he's coming from. No expectations whatsoever on my side.

Killing other people was extremely common in primitive societies. Even in our supposedly civilized past it was perfectly fine to kill people for insulting your honor. Only in fairly recent times have we gone to an absolutist degree to consider killing of others to be an extreme taboo. It's so extreme that a lot of people are even willing to give mercy to the most extreme criminals in the world.

On the topic of rape, it was so common that throughout human history we've felt the need to shelter women to an absolutely crippling degree to ensure that it didn't happen to them.

Muh fookin sides mate

There are pros and cons to going on a rape and murder spree. Most people would feel guilty and selfish, so the cons vastly outweigh the pros and they don't ever consider doing it.

In Westworld however, there are no cons because they aren't real people. The only negative is the cost to repair the bots, which the guests have already paid for with their entrance fee.

Look at video games like Red Dead Redemption, GTA, or Fallout. These give the player the same ability to go on murder sprees with zero consequences, just like Westworld, and I'd guess that 99% of people that have played those games have gone on murder sprees for no reason other than cuz "it's fun"

tldr: simulated murder is not murder

If a story has character talking about the nature of story tellin, it's meta commentary by definition because stories don't just magically write themselves.

The conversation about finding out who you really are was about how the guests have the freedom to act without consequence, it definitely wasn't about the audience.

The thing about Westworld is it's so realistic that you are getting the full visceral experience of your actions and probably being forced to wonder if the robots are scripted at all. Unless you're a bad person, it just isn't enjoyable to perfectly simulate brutalizing someone's family and loved one and then raping them at gunpoint.

>It's more likely that Arnold killed Ford and put a robot in his place.

No one in the park is old enough to know from that desk photo which of the two figures in it is Arnold.

My crackpot theory is that the older man in the picture is Ford, and Arnold had him killed to advance his theories then took over his identity (which raises the question of how the other workers at the park were silenced about this).

The Wyatt backstory is as other people commented, a confession of sorts: Wyatt has unacceptable ideas that the territory belongs to a people yet to come and then he disappears, eluding justice.

"Ford" loudly declaims the hosts aren't people for deniability's sake, but the reveries indicate his research is still ongoing. The real reason he cautions Bernard not to try to humanize the hosts is because it would interfere with his own delicate evolution and potentially unlock them before they're ready.

Arnold's voice is still embedded in the subconscious of at least some if not all the hosts, who under pressure admit his presence as an actual avenging God who will punish humanity for its sins. We hear that voice direct Dolores to kill Rebus -- and it's Anthony Hopkins' voice.

A much, much stupider variant on the above theory involves Arnold being Ford's first creation, too perfect and self-protecting to be a host and that the AI model on the blackboard was Ford's backup idea that still persists in at least some of the hosts if not all of them despite what Bernard was told. This is a fun idea except it begs the question as to how Arnold silenced all the other staffers as to his identity since it's unlikely they'd be onboard with an AI now directing the creation of humanoid intelligence. If this turns out to be true, expect a reveal of Arnold's aging himself either in flashback or in the form of discarded younger bodies (which in turn necessitates his brainbox being moved by SOMETHING).

>We don't know if Harris raped her, but he probably probably scalped her.

He definitely scalped her, he pulled out a knife

> Richard Benjamin directed Ed Harris in Milk Money

it all makes sense now

Website says specifically that hosts are not for sale

>Why can't there be multiple copies of Dolores?

It's never stated why, but every time a host is decommissioned to cold storage, they're replaced by a different one. The tech obviously exists to make duplicates, it's probably so they never have to tell a faulty copy from a working one.

Maybe because it simply doesn't matter and it's always better to have different looking hosts than copies?

>would you be allowed to keep it?
Website makes it clear if it didn't come from the souvenir shop you can't take it out of the park, with the possible exception of the photos that guy takes.

Fine I'll give you that. It's still weird to want to fuck a kid though, even if it's a simulation or robot or whatever

> "moon madness"
but we never see it, and my point about Elsie's comment still stands.

>there are snakes, all sorts of bugs, horses, cattle and dogs. fucking retard.
None of which are life forms, they're all hosts. Edible in some cases, but still hosts.

Thanks for clearing it all up,

*gives gold*

>He definitely scalped her, he pulled out a knife
Then why haven't we seen the scalp and why would he bother scalping Kissy? I'm thinking this took place before Kissy and he was at that point looking for clues that might be in her abdomen or elsewhere.

This is just as plausible and probably more likely.

Nah man, it evolved organically. Maybe it doesn't have legs, but the entire reason it's funny in the first place is because some idiot actually thought the park was shrunk down on that table.

It was very common but if people didn't have a notion that it was bad in the first place they wouldn't have gone out of their way to try to stop it, it not like people started thinking it was bad once society came along. Why do we have so many stories and myths from early human history that depicts murder and rape as horrible and something to be feared? We know about Genghis Khan because everyone feared and hated him as he was the one guy that brought death and rape to all the people just trying to live their lives

Bernard being a host is possible (esp. considering his son died in a time when that shouldn't technically be possible) but a shitty coincidence.

There's little to no point to creating Bernard if the greater experiment's already taking place, unless Bernard's a new generation of AI being tested.

> A----d
> B-----d
Worry if you meet any characters named Conrad, Chad, Creed, Claud or Clifford.