How do people even fucking watch these things?

how do people even fucking watch these things?

with their eyes

By looking at the screen?

this

Really makes you think... D*MN...

Only plebs dont like/cant notice the image depth, decently curved screens provide. Its like your a casual or something

sit and look and stuff with ocular thingies attached to brain hue hue hue honk honk honk (*gigglesnort*)

Yeah, anyone who bus a curved TV is a fucking retard

His casual what?

If you turn it on it's side you can put water in it and drink it if you get lost in the dessert

i'm pretty sure i have the exact same model television as that one in the OP picture. it's the samsung 7500 or some shit.

you don't even really notice the curve. it's pretty neat for the viewing angle and stuff, but usually it's only me watching it so i sit directly infront of it. and you know, it's just a square, with a little extra curve to stop some glare.

i didn't specifically choose the omg curved tv, but this was the last samsung that i could find that had the proper backlighting and it was like half the price of the oled tvs.

Your eyes are curved you idiot. They're not flat circles.

They're good if you sit dead center in the perfect spot. Still shit though. A gimmick to hold over consumer tards until OLED is cheaper.

2deep4me

But the iris is flat.

And our brain doesnt interpret the curved lens as having a curve. It corrects things so they appear flat.

Curved confirmed for the ultimate kino experience.

They made and marked them because "movie theater screens are curved so it's like the movies!", ignoring that movie screens are curved because they are front projection. And when you project a square image though a curved lens it distorts by "pincushioning", and so projecting it on to a curved surface reverses this effect.

Curved TVs are at best a tiny bit worse for the person sitting dead center and noticeably worse for everyone else.

kek

>Curved TVs are at best a tiny bit worse for the person sitting dead center and noticeably worse for everyone else
This is completely false. Sitting dead center of a curved panel give the illusion of depth to make whatever you are watching more immersive. That is literally their main function. Watching from wide angles wont give the same effect but its no worse than watching a flat panel from a wide angle.

>Watching from wide angles wont give the same effect but its no worse than watching a flat panel from a wide angle.

Except that the side closest to you will be further curved away from you and thus preventing you from seeing everything on that side clearly. This is basic line of sight shit, I'm not sure how you got it so wrong.

Yeah, as that .5cm illusion of depth really makes a difference. The only selling point they really have is they're less prone to "reflection" due to it's curvature less light is reflected along it's incidence.

Which is easily solvable by correct placement of the TV within your room.

You would have to be watching at a very retarded angle for you to not see everything clearly.

>Yeah, as that .5cm illusion of depth really makes a difference
Does for me I can instantly see the depth. Gives movies that extra bit of immersion
>The only selling point less prone to "reflection"
That is one of the least useful selling points. Who the fuck cant reduce glare in this day and age.

You think that all the best TV creators in the entire world that make these didn't understand this concept?

kek

In the don't put lights in front of it way. Curved screens might be beneficial at over 4m as it would reach into your peripheral vision but again only if you were sat in the correct position.

Ohh and how many people know the correct height for the screen and have it set to that too if were talking about immersive viewing...

This. Curved TVs are for absolute retards.

actual reason is expected screen sizes are getting large enough that view angles are coming into play, distorting the edges of the screen, even when sitting dead center.