Is there ever going to be a live adaptation of Berserk?

Where would it be shot and who would play the main characters? There is a lot of material in the series so is a successful AAA adaptation even possible if the movie can only be average length? (2 hours, maybe 2 and a half.)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-c-VSzJqE6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Perhaps a rediculously buff Channing Tatum as Guts?

Griffith could be Griffith if he had the blonde hair, similar to that of Legolas but more wavy.

>starring Channing Tatum as Guts
>featuring Jonah Hill as Griffith

I kid, of course, but I'd love to see Jonah Hill wearing the white curly wig and everyone straight-faced acting about how gorgeous and charismatic he is

the point of berserk was always that its 95% realistic until eclipse.
Thats why it hits so hard, the only way to make it work in live action would be ridicolously good CGI, which probably still wouldnt work.

I'd much prefer a CG movie made like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=-c-VSzJqE6Q

With the original anime's atmosphere/sound design.

maybe on a Family Guy adaptation

Wouldn't be possible. It would be extremely expensive(well over 100mil even if you'd go with CGI) and had to be nearly nc-17. Maybe russian investors would finance it but not all of it and american audiences wouldn't watch it.

Wouldn't work. Berserk is a Japanese take on western fantasy and it works nicely as it is. Adapting it into a movie would be missing the point.

Still shit. Berserk deserves a proper anime. An actual, high budget animated anime.

CGI cancer only tolerable in cheap shows and only when they use it for vehicles - excluding mechs. The movies were painful to watch, especially the first one while the newer anime was unwatchable. First time seeing an anime be downgraded from the previews.

>implying that Gantz movie doesn't have amazing CG work
looks far better than that webm you just posted

Looks good for a CGI but 2D animation will always look better. And it's more appropriate for Berserk.

Not necessarily, Berserk is pretty grounded, the only thing that looks out of place is Guts massive sword, which is kind of the point.

>Berserk is pretty grounded
God no, don't be silly. Even before the Eclipse it was well into the absurd anime territory. See the Kushan mercenaries for example.

is this anime worth watching?

Only if it covers the golden age saga. It has turned into dogshit lately with the retarded loli and breaking the fourth wall every five pages.

[CLANG]

The stuff the kushan do aren't particularly extreme.

I also assumed some of the kushan were involved in some magic fuckery

Yes. They fixed some of the inconsistencies from the game when it comes to characters. They made it even more gay though. 2nd cour next year.

Sure it's not as extreme as some of the later parts but it's pretty cliche when it comes to "h-he's fast!" animu dialog. There's also some panels where guts is swinging is sword so fast people around him don't even register it so it's not really that weighty either.

>it's a jonah sacrifices his friends in order to be taken seriously as an actor episode

I think if you were to make it CG like that, you could change it a little to be more "realistic" without losing much really, unlike in other anime

this

I want a fucking decent anime for Berserk before I can even think of a live-action adaptation.

I dunno. CGI looks nice in Gantz because Gantz is more minimalist when it comes to details and that's easier to model and animate. At least compared to Berserk, which is rustic and dirty and of course not a sci-fi but a fantasy. I just think that 2D animation would suit it more.

true, I'd prefer an actual anime, but I'd prefer a GOOD CG movie over a live action one.

>but I'd prefer a GOOD CG movie over a live action one.
Oh definitely, I agree.