I don't get it, if the DEA just wanted to kill the cartel's boss...

I don't get it, if the DEA just wanted to kill the cartel's boss, why not just drone strike his mansion instead of sending Del Toro's character Metal Gear Solid style to infiltrate his place?

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/usa/361459-secretary-clinton-drone-assange/
northcrane.com/2016/08/13/amateur-drone-footage-captures-isis-forces-in-mexico-terrorists-and-cartels-uniting-against-america/
youtube.com/watch?v=2Z9Hvo7p8Dw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because a drone strike would be way too public - the US govt was seeking to wage a COVERT war against the cartels.

This way there is 100% deniability

drone strikes aren't authorised in mexico
it's incredibly obvious when a drone fires a fucking missile at a house as opposed to one guy going in with deniability

Why do Americans have to constantly act smart and try to come up with alternate plots to movies? Shut the fuck up and watch the thing. You're not clever. You're just being a pretentious dipshit.

Because they didn't want to be connected to the hit.

>emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)

>I'm kino

is this a good movie? I tried watching it once but I was so bored I dozed off

>i'm getting a boner
what did he mean by this?

Last part is pretty good.

Her character was so fucking annoying. Constantly nagging and caring about
"due process" in a place with mutilated bodies tied to a bridge.

>SICARIO'S COMING FOR YOU BABY

I wonder if the cartel even know what hit them.

All they know is that their man was taken across the border and probably interrogated. Then their principle actor in the United States gets his money pinched and he's called home and their police drug donkey gets killed on the side of the road.

Their principle actor makes it to the boss's home only to be shot outside of it.

Obviously it was some sort of operation carried out by professionals. But would they suspect it was an American government operation? They essentially got their heads chopped off by ghosts in the span of a week. If I was standing there looking over the carnage as second in command I would have no idea what happened: your tunnels, your guy in America, your off-the-grid boss all gone in one day.

that's literally the point of her character. she is naive and completely out of her depth.

in other words, a typical woman.

They could have made it at least semi-realistic. Even a woman wouldn't be dumb enough to yell at them like she did, and in real life they would have just shot her and left her in Mexico for acting like that.

You can't just drone strike territory controlled by an allied government, what the fuck. No government would give the US access to fucking drone strike their own citizens unless the citizen was treasonous or a rebel or something (and probably not even then). You are really retarded OP

this. op you're not smart or clever otherwise you'd be writing screenplays. you dont even have the skills to comprehend the plot

>covert operation

When did the audience turn from "enjoying what the artist creates" to "telling the artist what to create"

they needed her to sign off on the OP at the end.

> Even a woman wouldn't be dumb enough to yell at them like she did,

LOL you don't know women.

They could not shoot her or her partner.

One, you would never be able to explain why they were doing such illegal shit that would get her shot like that. Two, you would never be able to acquire the cooperation of her department when you return with two of their bodies. Three, she hadn't signed the papers authorizing CIA activity in-country.

You can't forge the signature authorizing all the activity if the person died before all the activity was complete.

She was a totally necessary and logical character. Thematically her point was that adding more chaos to chaos was not a solution. She was also a character foil and voice of reason.

/thread

You know why she was there in the first place don't you?

Plus the body of a domestic law enforcement agency employee showing up in Mexico would raise a lot of flags

This movie is literally all about the border crossing sequence which was a fucking 11/10. But don't try to logic into it.

Not to mention she's an american govt employee - the cia wanted to fuck the cartels, not kill Americans. They weren't psychopaths

"Too bad the Cartel killed her here sign this Mr. FBI supervisor now give us a new agent"

This.

Also that scene in the end with the 100% amoral and desensitized killer. I never thought a Hollywood movie could go through that route.

Name all the movies that haven't done that.

Why Americans? OP never specified that they were American.

Obsessed much, yuros?

>Three, she hadn't signed the papers authorizing CIA activity in-country.
This. That was literally the reason they brought her along. The DEA wouldn't sign off on the op without FBI oversight. They intentionally picked someone who they knew would always be a step behind.

Specter

>slaughters a billion henchmen
>spares the most dangerous man on earth because hes not like him (and he needs to be there for the sequel (that wont be made))

this garbage happens in every action movie

Another movie where a guy just kills two little kids and a woman just to make another guy suffer? There aren't many...

>plebs honestly think it was a sanctioned hit

>"hero" murders an entire family, including children

Dropped.

Henchmen working for a criminal/terrorist organization ain't two little kids sitting down at a dinner table.

Actually, I think they would have killed her and her partner if the circumstances were favorable for it. Her being dead in Mexico was by no means okay. You could not cover up the autopsy reports on why she was shot with American weapons and you could not explain why she went missing if you hide the body - it's just a clusterfuck if you killed her there, that's why they had to go back for her and why they let her even go on the op because they assumed she would stay in the back (which she didn't). Explaining why she was dead would just ruin all the future cooperation you've gained up to that point.

Del Toro threatens to kill her in her apartment. She could refuse to sign and he could just shoot her right there and make it look like a suicide or an retribution hit by the cartels for her participation in the bank seizure. Then they could claim she was killed before they got the signature - too bad so sad.

It was not safe for her in her home on American soil - it was possible and very easy for her to die in-country.

>why not just drone strike his mansion
Do americans seriously think they can just drone strike any countries in the world if they want to?

who are you quoting?

Yes

Go USA go

Welcome to the real world my man.

They would not care. It'd create chaos. Power vacuum.

Yes they do. The same people who think their personal arsenal of weapons would stop the government/military from kicking their asses.

FIRSTLY, it was the CIA and not the DEA.

Secondly, you cant just drone strike a foreign citizen in a foreign sovereign nation.

Are you 12?

You can under specific circumstances.

>Secondly, you cant just drone strike a foreign citizen in a foreign sovereign nation.
Israel literally does this every few months, are you 12?

Well now that WikiLeaks is going to be illegal in the USA, I guess they can.

They already could. See drone strikes all over the world. America even killed american citizen on foreign soil. Made the headlines over there. For no good reason, but it still did.

>Well now that WikiLeaks is going to be illegal in the USA
nice.meme

>The same people who think their personal arsenal of weapons would stop the government/military from kicking their asses.

The same government that ran with its tails between its legs during the Bundy Ranch standoff.

tell it your new president

rt.com/usa/361459-secretary-clinton-drone-assange/

>get arrested for going on wikileaks
>attach the articles in question as evidence
>they're now public record for everyone to see
Flawless plan.

>You can under specific circumstances.

Yeah, if a NON-democratic shithole, which stomps all over human rights allows it, like Saudi Arabia.

Mexico despite all the memes is a highly humanist nation, without the death penalty. They would never ever allow the US to drone strike a cartel boss, because of the US knew where he was, theyd tell Mexico.

Dont forget, this was a hit in order to shift power to Medellin, another cartel. It was a black-op of the highest degree.

>Israel literally does this every few months, are you 12?

Firstly, show me one link please. One shred of evidence.

Secondly, Israel is a fascist shithole, unlike Mexico. Just because jews think that God gives them moral justification to kill goys, doesnt mean that 3rd world countries like Mexico would allow it.

The only confirmed nation which does it in the middle east is the US against Houthis and US Citizens abroad.

American has drone strike in Yemen etc. Meaning, you can do drone strikes on foreign sovereign soil, whatever that means in your mind.

>your new president

The polls are fake, fabricated by the media. Trump will win.

Yeah, with a mountain of paperwork and diligence attached to it, neither of which would be available to for a drone strike on some off-grid rich guy in Mexico.

The president can't just press a fucking button and launch the nukes. Likewise the CIA can't just call in the drones. The amount of cross-departmental paperwork that has to be filed would be staggering.

They even give you an example in the movie - they're going to have to explain a $8000 bill to Dominos. If I had that come across my desk I knew it would be fucking weeks until we got that cleared - and it would be just all over a cheque to a fucking pizza joint.

As I understand it, most US government agencies hate each other and will make a point of screwing each other over where possible.

Do you think they actually count votes?

Clinton already bought it. She's too big to fail.

>Drone strike on an allied country.
I bet you're voting for Trump.
>implying you're old enough to vote

Fucking dumbass.

Read my fucking post fuckwit.

I'm not the kiddo that asked why they didn't drone strike his house. That particular point is asinine.

No no no, I work on drone in th USAF. The predator and reaper both have a ceiling of 40 to 50 thousand feet. They could easily fire a missile and be gone especially if the hit was at night. High value targets are taken out all the time in the AOR like this.

An FBI midlevel manager wouldn't be dumb enough to piss off CIA black ops.

>SA having anything to do with Yemen
Besides slaugthering Yemenite that is.

The government backed off because they knew it was a bunch of harmless shitheads and it wasn't worth wasting a significant amount of resources corralling a non-threat.

Whoever was in charge deserved a fucking medal in not-overreacting when they made that decision.

You morons are acting like it being too public was the only reason they dont just drone strike them.

You're talking about openly bombing an allied country. That's starting a war you dipshits.

Is there a hidden argument somewhere in those buzzwords?

*nods respectfully towards you*

Carteling ain't one of them.

If you go over your post, you should be able to see it.

northcrane.com/2016/08/13/amateur-drone-footage-captures-isis-forces-in-mexico-terrorists-and-cartels-uniting-against-america/

Thats a negative then.

As far as I know the CIA and the NSA really hate each other to the point they used to spy on each other.

The CIA and the FBI also must hate each other because they never cooperate. That was revealed by the 9/11 investigation committee.

No, but the FBI Director would.

No, seriously, go over your post. America doesn't do drone strikes in Yemen because SA allows them to.

yeah because drone striking them would be a great fucking move for the government

*tips*

>That's starting a war you dipshits.

LOL and WTF is Mexico going to do?

Stop shitposting. This isnt pol.

Oh shit. I believe this.

I ain't shitposting. They do drone strikes in Yemen. It's not because SA tells them to.

The CIA isn't supposed to operate domestically and the FBI isn't supposed to operate internationally.

>50 thousand feet

Oh so the entire atc grid can see them the whole time. Cool story kid.

Kek that's the plot of Steven Seagal's new movie.

The United Nations would probably impose some sanctions, basically treat the US the same way they treated Japan before WW2

I know you're just being an edgy cunt, but I'll bite.

Imagine Canada drone striking the US because theres a criminal they want to kill hiding somewhere in hicktown USA or whatever. You bet your ass that would mean war.

And to answer your dumb "lol what is mexico going to do" rhetoric: Nothing.

Not mexico at least, but Mexico's allies would have something to say. including Russia and China. As if they needed more reason to join forces and fuck the USA.

Idiot.

Wouldn't it be fairly obvious that the US was the only actor that could have conducted the bombing?

>The United Nations

LOL

It knew the fallout would be an absolute shitstorm and would only exacerbate the problem.

For the same reason they keep selling them guns. They're retarded.

Doesn't mean shit unless you can prove it.

Why didn't NASA just orbit strike the cartel boss?

>Bundy and Co got arrested anyway.

gg no re

I think the point of any act of political misdirection is that it doesn't implicate your side.

>tfw no rods from god to blow you up

The cost of attacking the US is so great that Canada couldn't go to war with them without direct evidence.

Canada can't go to war without the permission of the crown either way.

Why didn't the CIA just hop on eagles and fly to the boss house?

But the point is for the Sonora cartel to believe it had been a hit by either the Medellin cartel, which the CIA could then bolster and make the controlling party.

that dinner table and road/cars scene where great

They could just use drones to wipe both out, the entire movie was pointless.

user, did you miss the part where the current situation was caused by killing off a cartel? Someone else would just step up, that would be even more brutal than the last guys

wait uh why didnbt they just shoot black people

>They could just use drones to wipe both out
literally didn't pay attention to the movie

>Until you can convince 1/3 of the population from snorting it up their noses...

Idk man, those cartel have really expensive armament

Wait why would cartels be against America? Aren't we like, how they exist?

>Canada can't go to war without the permission of the crown either way.

Unequivocally false.

Well, the DEA probably doesn't have access to drones.
And also, nobody cares if you drone striking an useless far away country like Afghanistan or Paraguay, but you drone strike a country right next to you, people are going to start to feel uneasy.

I also learned they believe they have some magical ABM shield that will stop all 2000 Russian warheads.
They also believe they could go to war with the entire world and win.

Do you not know what drones are?

Do you know what plausible deniability is?

Do you know what radars are?
Do you understand the concept of national territory that includes airspace?
Do you understand that bombing shit in someone else's territory is de jure an act of agression?
>b-but why don't they use B-2 to bomb drug dealers

Fucking Amerifats think the solution to every problem is to throw a bomb

>alternate plots
But what if the general consensus on what the plot actually is is wrong?

Like for Sicario, I think the protagonist is retarded and that's why they picked her, but everyone's like "naw nigga u wrong"

You know we're talking about the US, right? If they don't want to get droned they need to handle their own problems instead of let them bleed into other countries.

Are you one of these types?
World doesn't work how you think it does, nor is America as powerful as you think it is.

Mexico only has token allies, it literally provides nothing to the world. The only reason countries are allied with Mexico is to try to discourage large scale ground invasion from the United States.

Because Cartelman cast a befuddlement ward on his house so that every American spook trying to enter his demesne with ill intent would be awestruck by the glamour into believing he was about to attack Israel, causing him to flee.

Isn't it though?
Death solves all problems
No man = no problem

Why didn't the GDI just use their Ion cannon?

need too long to recharge

this is one of the retards who also thinks the us would start drone striking civilians on us soil with impunity if there was ever armed resistance

There's a thing called international law as well as principles that America was founded on, and American government spends a lot of money and time and does a lot of bullshit in the attempt to make it look like they play by the rules.
Why are they doing that? Because if you start acting like Mongols it will cause a reaction and American wealth and power depends on trade. You simply aren't powerful enough to not give a fuck about what everyone else thinks. No country ever was, or will be in the near future.
I'm not saying bombing shit in Mexico would destroy you, you could maybe even get away with invading Mexico, but it would damage your reputation and there are far cheaper and more effective ways of handling what's virtually a minor problem.

The US doesn't just drone whoever they want in foreign countries. Thats illegal

Why did the nypd not just nuke the whole thing?

why doesn the nypd just nuke ney work if they want solve crime?

too busy beating and shooting niggers in NY
also ran out of nuke budget because of donut

american education everybody!

Could you cite the Federal statute that makes that illegal?

No but I can cite international agreements that USA has ratified, like for example UN Charter. Not just ratified, but actually wrote.

Federal law doesn't mean shit with regards to drone strikes in foreign countries. Thats an international law matter.

You know the US ignores the UN and international law every time it suits them right? You know nothing that happens in the UN is actually binding on the US gov't?

Someone post that webm of the operators at dusk. I need it.

Why not roll in with US army with tanks? lmao

For fucks sake: she could easily break both of his thumbs.

Every country the US drones people in, that government has agreed to it. The only exception is Syria.

not the case anymore, the cia is one of our customers and there is a close relationship
>source: nsa employee

You are a gentleman, user.

The cartel's boss was a ghost with no name or face to the US government, only Del Toro knew him.
Remember how they had to follow a guy to find the mansion?

>>source: nsa employee
oy vey

there are tens of thousand NSA billets being filled, user, by civilians and military personnel
you think a couple don't come here?

both border crossing scenes are GOAT
The first, with that fucking long line to get back into the states and nobody trying to go into Mexico
The second, with that fucking descent into darkness

The big joke of this movie is sending some rookie FBI agent as liason who basically has to get tricked into helping them and then threatened into silence. In reality the FBI has heavily cooperated with JSOC, and would send an experienced HRT liason (who would probably be ex-JSOC) who wouldn't give a shit about crying about what they were doing.

Is Mexico that much of allies with Russia and China? I mean why would they even care to what the US does to Mexico, I know that both countries are political enemies with the US but still.

the movie about how due process should be followed even it isn't in actuality you retard

Del Toro is not the protagonist idiot

What are you even talking about.
They admit at the end that she was only there to give them clearance. Whether or not she was smart was irrelevant, although in the beginning they described both her and the black dude as being top students.

It would be like receiving food. Not everybody has the same standards, but nobody is going to ignore how it tasted or how it was made.

You are the equivalent of an untrained homeless person. You have no ability to make or criticize food, so you have no choice but to enjoy what you get, even if it tastes like shit.

Is Kate getting shot at in the van during the border crossing scene supposed to be a random one-off? It's never even brought up again.

I think he was a mexican police officer and it was reinforcing del toro's earlier comment about them not all being the good guys and how to fight the drug lords you have to sometimes go outside the system or some larger picture stuff.

they set it up by saying there are crooked cops and then resolved it by having him dressed like a cop

I don't know what else needs to be said. It's established in the opening sequence that Kate is used to being shot at

Gee lad I'm sure ISIS will attack the country that is economically supporting their existence.

saudi arabia?

USA just created them, they are too incompetent to control them

How many movies have you made?

Died in a plane crash

>this person has just as many votes as you do

Doncha just love intellectual communism?

I'm like a dependent child who can afford to be critical of the spaghetti.

The point is most people aren't just satisfied with the shit Hollywood churns out, or at least are in your position and are forced to like capeshit. I'm saying you don't have to be satisfied with your street garbage.

Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in South. I was trained as weekend reserve officer. I was given the title of Chief Deputy. They take a movie “Sicario.” They have a 5-foot-7-inch little girl, whether she was British or American, I don’t know. I don’t care. She had never been down to south. She doesn’t speak southern. She has never fought against drug cartels. They make her the Sicario?. I got a phone call [laughs] from Joe Arpaio saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I pretend to know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.

what did she mean by this?

>federal statute
>international crime
My sides

I understand where you're coming from. I should have been more specific. By no means am I saying that the audience should accept garbage like superhero movies and be satisfied with it.

I used the term art too loosely. I didn't mean to apply it to every movie I suppose. I guess my point was, a movie like Sicaro is not your generic cookie cutter blockbuster. To me it seems a movie that was made not with manifest intent to make money, it seems like a combination of wanting to tell a good story, with good visuals, with a good message, telling it in an interesting way. It seems like there is real heart behind a movie like this. It's not really within the audiences right to nitpick the movie and call it garbage just because you can. It seems like a genuine creative effort reflecting on a certain aspect of culture.

It's not just some shit churned out for money.

yes thats why its a stupid idea. the last thing cartels want is americans to start giving a fuck about them. they try their hardest to keep all the violence south of the border

Anyone else like the portrayal of the seal team in this? Might have been the most impressive part of the movie for me how intimidating they were when there have been so many movies in recent years portraying them as on our side. They were scary as fuck.

Because it gives them free reign to station troops under the guise of preventing U.S aggression.

>when there have been so many movies in recent years portraying them as on our side
are they not?

I liked that too. They were really rugged and had a menacing presence.

They were Delta btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=2Z9Hvo7p8Dw

Fair enough. I mainly took issue with , which said that people are being pretentious when they criticize movies, and with your follow-up responses it seemed/seems as if your point is that just because the movie was artistic, it is above criticism.

KOFI ANNAN, YOU THINKI'M GOING TO TAKE ORDERS FROM AN AFRICAN?

Absolutely. No movie is above criticism. Don't get me wrong, I think Sicaro is a great movie, but it's not a 10/10 instant classic (although time may tell). I just think it's the type of movie that should be above bs criticisms like "well why didn't main character just do X, that would have solved the entire plot"

because there would be no movie you fucking retard

god damn... so fucking operatorcore

Of why did they need to go over though muh secret tunnel when they are more than happy to jump the border to snatch up the boss at the start of the film?

that's the irony though. they needed her to accompany them in accordance with the law so they could get up to all the raw dog shit south of the border, but when the voice of "the law" is present it completely rejects everything these guys are doing. it makes ideological sense for her to care about due process and shit, too. yeah juarez is basically post-apocalyptic, but by allowing themselves to sink towards that level are law enforcement fighting fire with fire, or letting the brutality of juarez seep into their own operations? there is no single "enemy" for them to defeat, and juarez is treated as a sort of moral black hole. it's a classic abyss-stares-back scenario, but people who just see that as "the way things are" and make fun of kate aren't seeing the big picture. she has good reason to take serious issue with what the government is doing down there.

>Shut the fuck up and watch the thing. You're not clever. You're just being a pretentious dipshit.
this should be the banner for tv

Not really, they need someone who they can easily manipulate like a gullible puppet. They dont need another Matt who would likely tell them "you faggots can go fuck yourselves i aint going to juarez" at any point.

Very interesting, your Triangular opinion has been noted

what other movies are similar to this besides Traffic?

So how long have you studied females for then? not including your mom

PREGUNTA REDDIT

¿QUIERE MORIR?

CON PAZ, CON PAZ

CÁLMATE

>being this obsessed with America

sad

When it started costing $12 for a ticket and $7 for a popcorn

What shop?

He meant he's a spy.