Overrated movies that Cred Forums loves

Seriously, how the fuck do you guys love this shit? I've watched all of these and couldn't get the appeal to any of them.

I don't think the word "trinity" means what you think it does.

that's because you're a pleb

Bait

AHX is curbstompkino

And not even good b8.

>trinity
kek

He's right about every movie there though. There are no way those movies deserve all the love they get especially Amelie that gave rise to one of the most cancerous female archetypes on the planet both in real life and fiction.

disagree
agree
agree
disagree but only because I've never seen anyone praising this trash
agree
agree
disagree
disagree

Trinity means Triange

just remove no country and you're good

NCFOM is truly one of the most overrated films on the planet and it's weird because no Coen Brothers fan will ever call it their best film.

Prometheus > Aliens > Resurrection > Alien 3 > Alien

agree with NCFOM 100%, TWBB is far far Superior

How to spot a redditor: the post
I bet you don't even like the ending

I understood why people loved american beauty.

>trinity
I don't think you know what that word means

I enjoyed all of them but I do agree that they're a bit overrated.

this

>The Thing
>Overrated

you wot m8 i fucking stab you cunt

(not true, by the way)

>posts Alien
>not Aliens
Son...

ÿá
ÿ

The Thing is fucking shit even for its decade. I seriously can not comprehend why people like it

>fargo
>overrated

you can't comprehend anything, stupidhead

I agree. Honestly the part I dislike most about it is the lack of a score; music is so fucking important to filmmaking and leaving it out, although bold, really hurts it. Just think about how music elevated other recent modern westerns - I mean just look at this year's Hell or High Water.

Shit taste general?

>history x
It was good, deserved the praise.

>midnight in Paris
Overrated but was somewhat interesting

>No country for old men
Overrated

>alien and thing
Overrated not remotely scary

Haven't watched the rest

I want to stab you with a broken mug over my kitchen sink

The Thing is the only great flick there. Cred Forums actually swears by this shit? Like Amelie? Are you fucking kidding

>No Country
Hell no. It deserves every accolade it's received and them some

>American History X
yeah, it somehow manages to be both scuzzily exploitative and annoyingly pedantic

>fargo
yeah, agree. I prefer the coens when they do either straight drama (no country) or comedy (big lebowski) rather than trying to mix the two

>midnight in paris
haven't seen it but woody has made one masterpiece (Hannah) and several other great works (Annie Hall, Manhattan, Husbands and Wives) and even one recently (Blue Jasmine) that I'd give him the benefit of the doubt

>Alien
slightly overrated. I think Scott's oeuvre is kind of bland, and want to chalk up the interesting elements of the film to Giger more than him. Fincher did something way more interesting with the idea in Alien3. But the vent scene and the countdown timer sequence are both fucking excellent

>american beauty
maybe a little overrated, but it's still good

>the thing
underrated as hell (just like the rest of Carpenter's work), and I'd fucking fight you if you said that to my face. the score, script and ending are all supremely excellent.

Saw Alien for the first time recently. It was actually pretty shit. I guess it had a big effect when it came out.

Amelie is one of the worst pieces of cocksucking bullshit faggotry ever.

Alien. Overrated what the fuck have you been smoking? Have you seen the making of that movie?????? It's literally insane

Midnight in Paris is one of the comfiest movies ever made

>No There Will Be Blood
Good. Maybe you do know what you're talking about.
>American Beauty
>Alien
Never mind, you're an idiot.

I can't tell if this post is a joke, I hope it is.

It warms my heart to see people defend The Thing so vehemently. It really is a near perfect horror/suspense movie and people just push it aside as some B-movie garbage.

how is this a trinity?

Life as a contrarian seems bleak.

Boyhood.

Midnight in Paris is comfy af

American Beauty is good.

Amemelie is kinda reddit and numale, tumblerina movie but I can't deny that it isn't bad

Fargo is good but also meh

The rest is pure kino.

Weak Bait. Apply yourself

All those films are good though

100% agree

>good but also meh
What did they mean by this?

>(You)

I agree that TWBB is better, but NCFOM is still great. Perhaps a little overrated, but notably so. I don't think TWBB is overrated, but someone could validly say the same things about it. I liked the ending of No Country by the way

I wouldn't say American History X is overrated but plagued by underage angst that are obsessed with the whole "BITE THE CURB NIGGER" stuff. Otherwise its truly a good movie.

Still ALIEN?! Bruh watch the movie again, it looks so much better than most CGI big budget moves today. Compared to movies of its time.. well you sir just don't know what you're talking about.

Fu*k zuz...! Midnight i paris is a fucking masterpiece!

>stupidhead

fucking savage mayne

calm down.

What are you talking about? /tv hates Aliens.

>shitty ripoffs make the original bad

Thanks for the recommendation list faggot