Long post version

>long post version

tl;dr: how should i format file-names? context: i've created a programs pack for myself and i'm thinking about releasing it so i'm thinking about how i should format it; in particularly i'm worried about the file-names being too complicated; and i wish to reach non-tech-savvy users; maybe especially. but i formatted my file-names by time 1st; without releasing it. i don't know. here's example file-names. please give me your honest thoughts. thanks.

>[Time] & [OS] & [Program-Author] [& Program-Author(s)] - [Program Name] [Version, etc.] && [Original File-Name] (Example: 2017 03 10 14 01 49 utc & windows 5 xp 32 & mozilla & portableapps - firefox portable esr 45.8.0 english && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe)
>[Program name] [Version, etc.] & [Time] & [OS] && [Original File-name] (Example: firefox portable esr 45.8.0 english 2017 03 10 14 01 49 utc & windows 5 xp 32 && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe)
>[Original file-name] (Example: FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe)
>[Program Name] [Version, etc.] && [Original File-name] (Example: Firefox Portable ESR 45.8.0 English && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe)

>original post version

how should i format file-names?

>2017 03 10 14 01 49 utc & windows 5 xp 32 & mozilla & portableapps - firefox portable esr 45.8.0 english && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe (basically time 1st)
>firefox portable esr 45.8.0 english 2017 03 10 14 01 49 utc & windows 5 xp 32 && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe (basically filename 1st)
>FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe (file-name by itself with nothing added unless it's a duplicate file-name andor extremely vague and unspecific)
>Firefox Portable ESR 45.8.0 English && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe (file-name and version and original file-name)

thanks

Also I know this is a weird question because this doesn't really exist. I just sort of do this for myself and thought that it may be a good idea to share it. It's also somewhat similar to the idea of k-lite codec pack and cccp codec pack; As opposed to downloading all those codecs individually. Also this is not meant to be "oh you have to use these programs and only these are the only approved programs". I'm not trying to impose it or force it on anyone. Again. It's mainly my personal taste and what I use personally and thought maybe I'll experiment sharing it with others sometime; When it is at least somewhat basically decent, presentable, and organized. I'm sort of intimidated to ask Cred Forums; Since everything is so serious nowadays. But I decided to ignore it and pretend it's old Cred Forums and everything is not serious nowadays anyway. Enjoy. -- Also. The poll may not be the final decision. As, like others, I have difficulty deciding myself. But I would like to get a general idea of how others feel that -do- vote. Thanks.

Since the poll that let you add more options was banned for "advertising"; In favor of the inferior poll-site strawpoll; That doesn't let you retro-actively add no options; For no reason. Welp...

I deleted the thread from before to make 4 options. Hope you're not annoyed by all these threads and polls. Thanks.

bumping with tech related stuff for more votes and maybe responses, and stuff...

example

07.01.2018.File.Name-EXTENSION

YYYY-MM-DD-file-description.extension

file: filename-version.extension
archive: (whatever you plan on calling the collection of files you wish to package)-date-time.archive

use different pics from last time

cock?

thanks for the suggestion. but i usually prefer to make my dates "[year] [month] [day]"; so they order alphabetically correctly. but thank you.

wow. you opt to fit for descriptions? for me that'd be concise meta-data. we'll see. noted. thanks.

only two doubles this thread is fucking pathetic so far

check this.

nice get script

scripts are for pussies

good thing i dont like pussy

yeah. tho i sort of wanna keep teh original file-name.
i'm not too sure what you mean by the archive part. i was planning on making a zip file and an installer; if anything. but thank you.

archive is zip rar 7z whatever. i dont know what kind of meme formats you like.

why

atesm

no.

:(

at least you got dubs

I'm trying to figure it out and give a good answer. I'm sorry if I take long to answer.

only singles in this post and 1 of your quotes isn't even doubles. fucking pathetic so far.

4141 is repeating digits ? ? ? ? / ? / / / ? / ?

i don't want dubs,i want cock...

ask your dad

oh. right. i understand. all right. noted. maybe i like *.arc and *.ar; hue. thanks.

what

u tell me

da capo 3

thanks.

cheer up. there's more to life than that.

My previous statement is still what I believe is the best course of action. I however, don't know what the importance of capitalization could be in the naming of files. Unless it is used for organization, then I suppose it is a good reason to use capitalization. If it is not used for organization and another reason then I am at a loss for if it should or should not be capitalized. I'm sorry if this isn't the answer you are hoping for.

too lewd

too (two) same number

chemo?

like?..

no, radiation