Long post version

>long post version

tl;dr: how should i format file-names? context: i've created a programs pack for myself and i'm thinking about releasing it so i'm thinking about how i should format it; in particularly i'm worried about the file-names being too complicated; and i wish to reach non-tech-savvy users; maybe especially. but i formatted my file-names by time 1st; without releasing it. i don't know. here's example file-names. please give me your honest thoughts. thanks.

>[Time] & [OS] & [Program-Author] [& Program-Author(s)] - [Program Name] [Version, etc.] && [Original File-Name] (Example: 2017 03 10 14 01 49 utc & windows 5 xp 32 & mozilla & portableapps - firefox portable esr 45.8.0 english && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe)
>[Program name] [Version, etc.] & [Time] & [OS] && [Original File-name] (Example: firefox portable esr 45.8.0 english 2017 03 10 14 01 49 utc & windows 5 xp 32 && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe)
>[Original file-name] (Example: FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe)
>[Program Name] [Version, etc.] && [Original File-name] (Example: Firefox Portable ESR 45.8.0 English && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe)

>original post version

how should i format file-names?

>2017 03 10 14 01 49 utc & windows 5 xp 32 & mozilla & portableapps - firefox portable esr 45.8.0 english && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe (basically time 1st)
>firefox portable esr 45.8.0 english 2017 03 10 14 01 49 utc & windows 5 xp 32 && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe (basically filename 1st)
>FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe (file-name by itself with nothing added unless it's a duplicate file-name andor extremely vague and unspecific)
>Firefox Portable ESR 45.8.0 English && FirefoxPortableESR_45.8.0_English.paf.exe (file-name and version and original file-name)

thanks

Also I know this is a weird question because this doesn't really exist. I just sort of do this for myself and thought that it may be a good idea to share it. It's also somewhat similar to the idea of k-lite codec pack and cccp codec pack; As opposed to downloading all those codecs individually. Also this is not meant to be "oh you have to use these programs and only these are the only approved programs". I'm not trying to impose it or force it on anyone. Again. It's mainly my personal taste and what I use personally and thought maybe I'll experiment sharing it with others sometime; When it is at least somewhat basically decent, presentable, and organized. I'm sort of intimidated to ask Cred Forums; Since everything is so serious nowadays. But I decided to ignore it and pretend it's old Cred Forums and everything is not serious nowadays anyway. Enjoy. -- Also. The poll may not be the final decision. As, like others, I have difficulty deciding myself. But I would like to get a general idea of how others feel that -do- vote. Thanks.

Since the poll that let you add more options was banned for "advertising"; In favor of the inferior poll-site strawpoll; That doesn't let you retro-actively add no options; For no reason. Welp...

I deleted the thread from before to make 4 options. Hope you're not annoyed by all these threads and polls. Thanks.

thanks

bumping with tech related stuff for more votes and maybe responses, and stuff...

Suggestion:
>[Program Name]-[os]-[Version]-[Subversion?]-[architecture]

Noted.
Thanks.

Can you make one of these for GPU's, or upload it

I didn't make that. Someone posted it to me on Cred Forums in an SSD related thread; Most likely. So I don't have it. So I can't. So I'm sorry. But. I may be able to make suggestions for GPU's.

I'm only curious to see where my GTX EVGA 1060 falls. No particular reason. I'm kinda interested to see where my GPU will falloff and fail to deliver well on games. I think it's still got at least another few years on it, I don't see PC games getting any more advanced than they are, except for VR which I'm not particularly interested in.

Money Laundering.

GTX 1060 3GB or GTX 1060 6GB?

What do you mean?

I'm disappointed you missed that quint

oh

It's all right

Those "paintings" that don't really have anything are on them are sold for such a high price because that's one way a gang or corrupt business sends money to and from likewise companies. It's money laundering.

Sure isn't a 1080Ti but it gets the job done. I built this like 2 years ago

GTx 1060 3GB is supposedly a better value; But it's less powerful; Of course.

I'd order the values in the following descending order.

1. Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
2. Nvidia GTX 1080
3. Nvidia GTX 1060-3GB
4. Nvidia GTX 1070
5. Nvidia GTX 1050
6. Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB
7. Nvidai GTX 1070 TI
8. AMD RX 580
9. Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
10. AMD RX 570
11. AMD RX 480
12. AMD Vega Frontier Edition

Power order is.

1. Nvidia Titan V
2. Nvidia GTX 1080 TI
3. Nvidia Titan Xp
4. Nvidia Titan X Pascal
5. Nvidia GTX 1080
6. AMD RX Vega 64-LC (Liquid COoled)
7. AMD RX Vega 64
8. Nvidia GTX 1070 TI
9. AMD Vega Frontier Edition
10. Nvidia GTX 1080 (Mobile)
11. AMD RX Vega 56
12. Nvidia GTX 1070

You're welcome.

Oh. I see. Since it's left open to interpretation, it can be anything, so it doesn't seem to matter. They could at least paint something on them. But I'm pretty sure it was setup as a joke. But interesting theory from you. Thanks.

Sure... ...oh...

Waiting to get more votes is tediously slow. Perhaps I'll go elsewhere briefly to get more votes sometime. Welp.

I guess I should be happy that everyone that votes is thoughtful enough to vote only if they're sure. Even with the "I can't decide" vote. Most don't bother. So I appreciate the honesty. But still.

>Implying all of the above actions are completed solely on a personal computer

Welp.

>Implying all of the above actions are not completed solely on a computer

if you capitalize posts, you're strange and probably have a favorite letter of the alphabet.

why would i have a favorite letter of the alphabet for capitalizing posts? and i'm talking about file-names; not posts. but thank you.

i'm probably going to fluctuate with file-name as i do with post. and probably just base it on whatever it calls itself. i don't know.

>Implying that I was implying that these actions could ONLY be completed in a personal computer

>Implying that I was implying that you were implying that these actions could ONLY be completed in a personal computer

i mean. i go this far. clearly. i put in a little bit more effort than most posters that post in all lower-case letters. but. still. welp...

>Implying I didn't receive this in early 2013, isn't on Cred Forums, and isn't behind the idea of computers taking over and doing everything, and everyone encouraging computers to take over everything, and actually fight against not doing it on a computer like that.

>Error: You cannot delete a post this old.

...oh...

abandon thread

fine.

to 100 votes we go.

Kill yourself. We already know how much of a fag you are.

Kill yourself. We already know how much of a fag you are.

you said it
bye