Was this man good or bad?

Was this man good or bad?

considering what followed him, i'd say he was a saint.

we judge him from the western perspective which is a severe distortion. measuring a person raised in a fatalistic religion, where all the religion is a facade for the distrusting, powermongering heirarchy that is the middle-east can't be accurate in measuring their mind and heart.

there will always be enemies of any leader who will say he is a tyrant and evil...take our benevolent mister trump, for instance, could you doubt the sincerity and generosity of his heart...i think not.

So, we are not fit to judge a person whose world we have not lived in and understood.

The west does not understand...so it misjudges.

On the other hand, he did get a nice gang buttfuck as a lovely parting gift, so, all in all, not bad.

yea

The definition of good or evil do not slide based on perspective.

It is a constant. To suggest otherwise makes you a retard and believer of stupidity.

He was an evil man. Period.

he kept the niggers out of europe so in my book he was a good guy

basically this
pretty sure you couldn't just buy people for $400 when he was in charge

I personally judge him from the perspective of his own people stabbing him in the asshole repeatedly when given the chance.

He did nothing wrong.

True, but inflicting the hell on Libya that has followed after deposing him is no less evil.

Just because he was evil, does not mean alternatives and the means to those alternatives are not also evil.

When he was alive, Libya sucked. Now that he's dead, Libya sucks.

I'd say he was irrelevant.

Yes it does.
You have to know his mind to know his data and judgments.

Evil is the state of mind and action that is indifferent or glorying in the hurt, maim, or death of other beings.

Good is entirely subjective and vague.

Morally empathetic with integrity would be appropriate to replace "good."

He did things to lash out at perceived enemies, or 'beasts'. A beast is a being that may ignorantly or without intrinsic evil cause harm and destruction. The West visited much harm and destruction on those he cared about. He probably lashed out against the west (Lockerbie Plane bombing) as one takes a swing, or baseball bat to a beast. The beast can easily absorb the blow, but one has to do something.

As for his Evil to his own country...when every asshole who says they will replace Ghaddafi with a republic that follows the will of Allah and the People and he treats them like the lying scum that they are, cause that is the truth of the Middle East,.... well then, he is serving justice on them. He was not evli...he was a hard man, in a hard place.

The problem wasn't Ghaddafi, it was and is the politics, religion, culture, and western scarring of the Middle east.

Don't hate the playa, Hate the game !!

fucking americans

dubs gives cred

but cred for what

he balanced forces by using foreigners in militia to do what was needed to keep order.

maybe he went too far... but judging from Libya today, maybe he had the formula that was among the lesser evils....which would be morally empathetic and in integrity with what people deserve... the best in a bad world.

People who trash a country because they think "it can't be worse" than what was have brought untold harm to countries in the west this past few years. Are they evil, NOPE, they are exhausted, and desperate, and maybe a lot stupid... but not evil.

He was a motherfucker and a son of a bitch. Just because bigger motherfuckers and sons of bitches came after him doesn't excuse that in the slightest.

dude gave his country free electricity and education
quality of life was actually better than the US poverty stricken masses

yes

All I know is in some ways the guy was like a Bond villain. Like his all-female bodyguard corps.

This the United States funded rebels to go against him because he refused to go with US policy. Really shitty and sad that the US can over step its boundaries like that. But who cares their a shit whole country anyway right?

You know that phase
>Go with the devil you know
He was the definition of that

He was a sand nigger. Therefore bad.

>Was this man good or bad?
Very good.

Depends on which side you were on.
The Hero of one side, is a devil for the other one.

he led a nation better than it is currently being run. to do so takes a man, to apply the judgement of good or bad is reductive and anyone making such a reduction would be incapable of making any judgement of value.

He brought Libya out of the middle ages, nationalized its industries, provided for its citizens, and basically predicted the swarm of blacks to Europe (Libya was the gate keeper)

Then we (Hillary and Obama) killed him for it. I believe it was because of this colossal fuckup that Hillary really lost.

He sold the IRA Russian sam missiles they shot down Brit helicopters with. So yeah.

Nope that was the CIA

This tbh. You can argue about whether or not he was good for Libya and that would be a separate matter, but the man was a cunt.

It was the most prosperous country in Africa, with higher living standards than those of Russia and Brazil, today it is a more miserable African nation. All I know is that where the Western powers intervene militarily they lead chaos: Libya, Iraq, etc.

Te man was a fare and just ruler he almost won the noble peace prize in the 90s

If the motherfucker and sonofabitch is coming after you and will fuck up your country and people even more (and it is proven that that is the case) then you are wrong and full of bile and borscht.

good day Ivan ! Nicely Trolled.

women are interested in relationships and results, not power. their superior social sense and chameleon-like control of visible emotion is more powerful than ghaddafi's own position.

when you can get any powerful man to do your bidding, who needs the stresses and worries of being the one in power ?

Better than those who replaced him.

This.
Dude had flaws but name a less evil US president. The whole lot are filled with slave owners, war criminals, scandal-ridden administrations, funding/supporting much worse than Qadaffi.

He was necessary.

The middle east needs dictators to keep it in line.

If you want to control wild and bloodthirsty retarded arabs, you need to do so with an iron fist. You need to be a certain type of person. Hussein and Gaddafi were those people. Sure, they were shitty and their countries weren't exactly beacons of free speech and joy, but look at them now. Absolute fucking hell holes where every 100 metres you come across a new patch of land ruled by a new self proclaimed warlord or cult. It's the same in Syria. If they'd just let Assad rule and even assist him then there'd be a lot less bloodshed and misery in the long run. Now it's a complete disaster zone full of wannabe caliphate cucks. The Russians have the right idea, I don't know what the fuck the rest of the West is thinking.

Not a single post about how he was taken out for trying to create a gold based currency?

>Le oil meme
Do you know how much oil is in Canada, you fucking idiot? We haven't invaded them and never will. We haven't even invaded Equatorial Guinea which IS in fact controlled by an incredibly corrupt dictator.

Egypt proved it wasn't ready for democracy.
Worse still, the Islamists and Secular/Military assholes are really bad for the country.

The Democrats in Egypt are way too Beta... They split into factions (middle east disease) hoping the be "The Democratic Faction that succeeds" without realizing they all had to band together and share leadership or trust a leader to get a clear message out, and get the west to take attacks on them seriously.

They got the chaos and dictatorship they deserve.

He was a bad man that could be controlled and kept his people in line.
He knew better than to fuck with the USA.
We didn't know better to not depose him.

As far as I see it most of the middle east isn't ready for democrathy because allowing people to vote who cannot even read (or barely the koran) won't yield results anyone but hardcore islamists will be in favor of.
They'll fall back into the shithole they were before. The only way they can escape this circle of dumbing down their own population in order to stay like they were 1000 years ago (plus cabel tv) is through a harsh leadership.
That includes fucking of minorities and regularly reminding America to stay the fuck off their lawn. [North Korea has this simple trick that Americans don't want you to know, click here to find out what it is!]
Once a minimal education level is introduced democrathy can work - that being said even through a revolution much like it is happening syria because contrary to lybia syria wasn't a shithole before the civil war and brings the necessary integrients for a working democrathy.

He was a good guy. Whole shill revolution was amerijew circus

Well he did attack the us on his last official speech in front of the UN for meddeling in the affairs of the middle east all the time.
He also mentioned that he'd try to make a bond of all middle eastern oil rich countries [to defend against western agressors].

The conspiracy theorist within me thinks this was the point when us intelligence realized they'd have to get rid of him which happened about 3 or 4 years later.
The conspiracy theorist within me also thinks that the first shots of sniper fire on soldiers which were replied by his soldiers by return fire which ultimately ignited the lybian civil war were fired by US intelligence. It was just too convenient that this happened at just that point of time.

Didnt obama sanction drone strikes in his presidency? Also escalate iraq and afghanistan war? Also send in "advisors" to Syria. Obama should be up on fucking war crimes, along with Bush. Ironically Trump is the one who is de escalating The USA from global warfare.

I thought Trump was a fucking retard but he is actually more humane than Obama/Bush etc. I know its probably from a money perspective but seriously a cheeto has been your best president so far.

Lawful evil