I saw will toledo in the national gallery last week before his show in london (which i went to)...

i saw will toledo in the national gallery last week before his show in london (which i went to), thought about saying hi but
>some stammering drunk who tried to tell him how good his shit was
was i right? i wasnt going to ask for an autograph or anything, just that im a fan and seeing him that night

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PZFwX1DmCoQ
1traitdanger.bandcamp.com/album/1-trait-high
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I got Twin Fantasy signed last week at a pre-release show and he was chill. I told him I looked up to him for battling negative energies in his music through songwriting. He just responded with “yeah man, keep soaking it all in” in reference to being an inspired musician

youtu.be/PZFwX1DmCoQ
1:40

>“yeah man, keep soaking it all in”

Am I the only one who doesn't like the re-release?

yes

I think so, yes

no, but...it's so good

listening to Famous Prophets (Stars) should be more than enough to convince anybody that the remake was worth it imo

Re-releases are fucking stupid to begin with. He should have gotten it right the first time. His music is phony.

Dude what are you, 12 and cockhungry?

Not sure what you're implying, but what other artist rerecord albums? What other artists repaint a painting or what filmmakers remake their own film? It's dishonest and fake.

Ridley Scott, Blade runner.

I don't think the remake of Twin Fantasy is great, but if an artist is unhappy with what they've made, or wants to add something new to it, what gives you the right to tell them what to do with their art?

anyone who have heard both versions of twin fantasy care to explain the differences? What make's second version of twin fantasy better than the old version?

Production and the old version sounds like a demo now

He made Twin Fantasy originally with a shitty laptop, and almost nothing else. But he wrote those songs with a lot of heart.

This is the way an artist imagines their music if given the right tools. I’m so happy for Will. I listen to the album and I think about how personal this experience is for him. I would know because theirs a “passion project” I never released that I could imagine releasing someday once I produce it to my liking

blade runner is a shit example, he removed and added some scenes(which he wanted to do in the first place but the studio fucked him) and changed the colour grading, but it was nowhere near a remake

Original = lo-fi, not well recorded at all
New = high fidelity, good production

Both have their appeals I guess. Some people are, in my opinion, overly critical of the new version in saying that the performances are less emotional but I strongly disagree. After a few listens I much prefer the new version over the old.

As someone who listened to both the new and old version for the first time today I can't see how anyone could think the old version is better.

New one is objectively superior.

Micheal Haneke is a well respected director, and he remade "Funny Games". Also Leonardo Da Vinci painted the Mona Lisa twice.

>objectively superior

You can't just state a subjective opinion then say that it's objective.

I prefer the old version. I find the new one to be unfocused.

yes

You only "prefer" the old version because you're so used to it.

No, I quantifiable reasons as to why the new version is inferior, but whatever.

*I have

nah it’s awful

>where were you when 1TraitDanger dropped the sickest mixtape of the decade?

1traitdanger.bandcamp.com/album/1-trait-high

Care to share? Not the person you were originally talking to, I'm just curious.

I know people are upset that the new version doesn't have the lo-fi charm of the original but to me that is most certainly not a bad thing.

I Can tell you've never done anything creative in your life.

I Can tell you like terrible music, but you don't make music, so you wouldn't understand.

im split down the middle.

>The ugly synths on Nervous Young Inhumans
>Removing the fantastic guitar arpeggio from the end of Cute Thing
>The unnecessary acoustic part that kills the climax of Bodys
>Removing the "galvanization" speech in NYI for an inferior one
>Removing the emotive and revealing "three transgressions" line in Famous Prophets

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

no, the remake is levels worse.

and outside of the composition blunders, it just seems so bereft of the emotion that *typified* the first version.
example: in the original Cute Thing, Toledo delivers the first lines -- "I got so fucking romantic, I apologize/Let me light your cigarette" -- with a nervous squeal that perfectly fits the image; you can almost feel the character shaking while he lights it.
but Toledo is so fucking cool now that when he aloofly delivers it in the remake, it no longer retains that effect; he merely recites the lines, he doesn't sing or truly understand them (as he isn't the same person).
there's plenty of heavy-handed moments like this littered over the remake, and increases in production/instrumental flourishes cannot compensate for them.