/classical/

Post one hit wonders.

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. is kill. rip Papillons
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. kill
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SAFjOcOv868
youtube.com/watch?v=auwPo72ju7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=lXLHGZpDhFk&list=PL4991435DC2E3575C
scaruffi.com/music/essentia.html
twitter.com/rustlefunk/status/965149465001644032
youtube.com/watch?v=Yot1zZAUOZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=uxiqi1SMhaI
youtube.com/watch?v=fuPDMhyGKB8
youtube.com/watch?v=JEY9lmCZbIc
youtube.com/watch?v=DQeahga0dFA
youtube.com/watch?v=CrJC7l5Pn-k
youtube.com/watch?v=0LrMUi76Vy0
open.spotify.com/user/anonaye/playlist/69fNbGfcra6S0C0lWQ4iZJ?si=Gmf3iPB2R6qWJIhoGSnXtA
youtube.com/watch?v=fut6XqRx0o0
youtube.com/watch?v=-9BmrEXs64Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OYQe_by2PL8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=B9RIHOnGGsg
youtube.com/watch?v=budSyYjt5cw
youtube.com/watch?v=K7MPc9M5Jo0
youtube.com/watch?v=sPaQEQ0dMzU
youtube.com/watch?v=TZleqbjwEuA
youtube.com/watch?v=SDhUE4Ojj8s
youtube.com/watch?v=9yp7uWMDzOk
youtube.com/watch?v=Mou3m3IuwlY
youtube.com/watch?v=0wGj3URCZlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LWHbdei8RDI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZOhPP6_4o
youtube.com/watch?v=jalvn3wLBjo
youtube.com/watch?v=B_8-B2rNw7s
youtube.com/watch?v=m9ZXqDjtYRw
youtube.com/watch?v=nandYDyiHUw
youtube.com/watch?v=JFIGoB7rK70
youtube.com/watch?v=UHOtJMVPUIg
youtube.com/watch?v=hpfYt7vRHuY
youtube.com/watch?v=ein_BOXJuDw
youtube.com/watch?v=tKrRrAQcX8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=7yf_pbVvIWk
youtube.com/watch?v=JlQ9bG8oT1g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aww sweet maybe this time I can get a response!

Anyway, so Musicbrainz Picard is great for tagging classical music consistently. Does anyone have a good file name template for classical music they could recommend??

Major key music is objectively better than minor key music. Discuss.

How can you discuss facts? Only Thovenplebs would try and argue otherwise.

Even Beethoven's major music is better. Take the Waldstein, for example.

Beethoven

youtube.com/watch?v=SAFjOcOv868

What makes you say that?

Major music can convey intense happiness and joyfulness not found in minor music, while also having the possibility to convey serenity, melancholy, spirituality and also the intense longing and sadness found in minor keys, just with more subtlety and tact.

Final movement of Waldstein is sooo good

dont like the way his fingers hit the keys

Hey, quick question. Can you actually write a 12 tone fugue. Isn't the point to not repeat anything but you'd have to repeat the subject for it to be a fugue. Or am I the nigger in this situation

Beethoven is Romantic

>Beethoven is either a 100% romantic or classical composer
>periods don't overlap

t this song sad so romantic

>what is the evolution from empfindsam style to early romanticism
>what is Sturm und Drang
>what is proto-Romanticism

12 tone sucks

music sucks

t Implying proto-anything is that

Where do I start with Scriabin. Apart from his sonatas, and preferably piano stuff unless its good

>Scriabin
Do a 360 and walk away.

no because I like his 5th sonata

I'm so sorry for you

Why do you not like Scriabin?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pc0i5HO9j4

No key > minor key > major key

>Beethoven
>Composer and pianist, regarded by many as the first Romantic-era composer

Pick two.

He's a composer, so he's not romantic

Gee I sure love these classical works!
youtube.com/watch?v=auwPo72ju7Q

What a fucking pleb lmao back 2 Leddit you go.

His Poems are god-tier. Vers la flemme, 2 nocturnes, the Polonaise op. 21 and Fantasie op. 28, Valse op. 38. His symphonies aren't bad either; the 1st one is pretty neat and obviously the Poem of Ecstasy and Prometheus.

t. Somebody who doesn't actually listen to classical music

I haven't even listened to him desu I just like being contrarian with modernist music

I have ascended, you fucking plebshit.

Okay somebody, anybody, i need help.
Basically, what are the essential works, from a variety of different composers and a variety of different periods, that you would generally determine to be the best of the best in terms of how interesting and impressive it is. No i dont want any meme pieces like whatever the trout mask replica equivalent is. just whatevers fairly accessible while still being unique. i have tried looking myself but its all so overwhelming, could you help me start?

youtube.com/watch?v=lXLHGZpDhFk&list=PL4991435DC2E3575C

>wow, goteem
could you be a bit more general? i dont really want to start with a single piece in weeb form

scaruffi.com/music/essentia.html

>I have ascended to fucking plebshit.
fixed

start with Mozart and Bach

Can someone identify what piece of music is playing over this. I know it's very famous but I can't name it

twitter.com/rustlefunk/status/965149465001644032

thank you both

how can i find verklarte nacht so beautiful, but not any of schoenbergs atonal works beautiful at all, i don't think he purposely wrote bad music, so i must be at fault in someway

youtube.com/watch?v=Yot1zZAUOZ4

That piece is barely atonal to be honest. Schoenberg was always very romantic in his core though.

Bach, Art of Fugue, Musical Offering, Brandenburg Concertos, The well-tempered clavier
Mozart, Piano Concerto #24
Haydn, String quartet Opus 76, No. 4 ("Sunrise")
Schubert, String quartet #14 "Death and the Maiden", Unfinished symphony.
Beethoven, All of it except the early stuff(check the opus number), late string quartets are exit level.
Brahms, Violin Concerto
Wagner, Tristan und Isolde

Oh ok.

It's okay user you can listen to Mozart all your life.

The Gurre-Lieder gets me even more. Schoenberg was so good at orchestration.

Out of curiosity, how do you tell if you're compositions are something at their core?

Has a universal music theory ever been proposed? Like a very abstract theory that kind of summarizes the commonalities between all tonal languages?

idk, but the harmonic series is a good starting point.

But that has sections which go into a minor key. When you have a good balance of the two, there is a powerful effect which is found in that sonata.

sure but Id consider that more the natural phenomenon on which theory is based.

Daily reminder that I, a mere brainlet, came up with a more efficient system of musical notation.

>Daily reminder
Get off the board pollock

what about moveable Do?

Reminder.

True

youtube.com/watch?v=uxiqi1SMhaI
youtube.com/watch?v=fuPDMhyGKB8
youtube.com/watch?v=JEY9lmCZbIc

How exactly is this better?

every note will be 4 lines/spaces away from its last position. But three key signatures has to be better than 15 I would think

I'll change to the system if you personally transcribe all music recorded by Beethoven and Mozart and Wagner to this system.

>when someone tells you they love classical and you ask them their favorite pieces
>they reply with, "oh i dunno, just whatever is on the study playlist on youtube"

>Copland isn't a good compo....

youtube.com/watch?v=DQeahga0dFA

er

-ser.

Oh don't worry, I'm not suggesting this system should supplant the current one. Its just in a previous thread I said "musical notation is retarded and anyone could come up with a better system for putting music down on paper) and of course everyone said I was an idiot, so I thought I would just go ahead and knock out a system with more integrated heuristics. I would put some serious thought into coming up with something more sophisticated before endeavoring to take up your challenge. And even that would likely be a waste of time.

>The Scriabincuck is a mozart hater
Contrarian confirmed

You can't just make up a system and proclaim it to be better. Put it to use and see how it works and then maybe we can discuss it. I don't personally believe this would be a better system.

No, I literally can. That's my point. If there was something inherently beneficial about the regular musical staff then I would back off but its the Finnish of musical communication.

did you not read his post? you can't tell whether or not it is superior without applying it

so how does it work?

Let's see. The system I provided a) localizes all the relevant information about the note value b) significantly reduces the need for memorization of specific information c) makes for more axiomatic reading. This doesn't even have to do with music, just language in general.

You expect too much from /classical/

>only 3 key sigs

??

petzold

"not repeating anything" in 12 tone music is a myth.

I think Bach used a 12 tone row in one of his fugues, so you can definitely use a 12 tone subject, but treated tonally.

Bartok and Schoenberg both wrote 12 tone fugues so they're certainly possible

Anyone else get into classical after getting into prog rock?

youtube.com/watch?v=CrJC7l5Pn-k

Okay I was just wonder, because I know there's a difference between having a row in tonal music and having 12 tone music without a tonal center. I just figured I'd ask.

What do y'all think about based Sigurd Rascher and classical saxophone in general? Post classical that include saxophones.

youtube.com/watch?v=0LrMUi76Vy0

thank god schoenberg emancipated us from dissonance so we don't have to listen to braindead faggots like this guy

can you show how this work as your signs aren't explained thanks senpai

so is this coupled with standard notation? can you show an example of how this works? i'm curious

why is he so perfect bros?
>the last in the line of the german grandmasters
>perfectly combined romantic expressivity with classical balance and craftsmanship
>wrote passages of such dense and adventurous harmony that they still confuse theorists today
>mastered all forms (exempting his justifiable disinterest with the lowly opera)
>hated the soyfrogs with a passion
>came from a working class background, appreciated folk music, and avoided religious nuts
>wasa qt
>cucked faggot schumann

Share your playlists
open.spotify.com/user/anonaye/playlist/69fNbGfcra6S0C0lWQ4iZJ?si=Gmf3iPB2R6qWJIhoGSnXtA

>lowly opera
Faggot

there are only a handful of composers who have elevated opera to the heights of other forms such as that of sonata and brahms wasn't stupid enough to try when masters before him did it better than he could

spoiled myself with Richter's Matthew's/John's Passion and can't listen to any other conduction of it. HELP

>Brams: 7 May 1833 – 3 April 1897
>Wagner: 22 May 1813 – 13 February 1883
Wagner was literally 20 years older than Brahms and died about 14 years earlier. While I dig Brahms, he couldn't out compose Wagner

Rossini, "The thieving magpie" overture.

Verkarte Nacht is before he went atonal.

Not your fault if you do or don't like a particular piece.

>find other baroque choral works that Richter conducted
>listen
>???
>profit

but I enjoy Richter's interpretations, that's the problem

I mean we can't all be born faggots, gotta play with the cards you've been dealt

You might like the Nuclear Whales Saxophone Orchestra

link me the best conducting of Matthew's Passion

Opera doesn't need to be elevated and you're a bitch for saying it does

I personally can't say, I haven't sat though any other version other than Richter's yet. I'm more of a Stravinsky, Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner guy who's getting more into Brahms. I do listen to Bach quite often, but it's usually his solo instrument pieces, I haven't dug deep into his choral pieces much.

Already know them, got anything else?

Who is that?

I used to love Shotakovich but then I heard Mahler. Every trick this Slavshit ever pulled is present in Mahler's 5th or 6th.

How the hell did he get away with this?

Mahler is the most underrated composer of all time.

>composed like 10 pieces
>plebs try to place him alongside Bach and Mozart whose catalogues run over 1000 and 500 respectively
>underrated

Brahms may be the most underrated composer. Crazy that people even think he's comparable to Richard "look mom I'm using accidentals" Wagner

he only needed like 10 pieces to achieve what took Bum and Muff hundreds of pieces to do

To be fair nobody else matches them in output.

Wagner barely produced more hours of music than Mahler, despite living twenty years longer. He was also a much less versatile composer in both aesthetics and form.

Haydn, Beethoven, Schumann, the Liszt goes on...

You know, ACTUALLY great composers.

And those 10 pieces pretty much maxed-out the symphonic form and tonal music in general. No reason to underrate him because his total runtime is much shorter.

Nah he's just a proto-postmodernist that tasteless plebians adore because they don't understand pure music.

bitch every form needs to be elevated by constant genius shaping fuck off retard

what you're saying is equivalent to saying "binary form doesn't need to be elevated" which would have deprived us of sonata from you stupid faggot

you can't compare anyone to bach because that's comparing mortals to god

Beethoven is as good as Bach.

>proto-postmodernist
You don't know what postmodernism means. Mahler is a proto MODERNIST, as his tonal exploration paved the way for the generation of modernist composers immediately succeeding him.

And what is "pure music"?

Debatable. But I mostly agree.

>You don't know

Shut your dumbass mouth. I know what I said. On the other hand, you obviously finding thinking very difficult and take recourse to regurgitating the opinions of others.

What about Mahler's work resembles postmodernism?

How could he be a proto-postmodernist if the modernist period postdates him?

Abrupt temporal juxtapositioning (childhood memories), programmatic connotations superseding ordinary musical narrative (crows squawking, Klezmer bands playing), highly irregular or absent musical narrative, the desire to be misunderstood, to name a few.

You're a drooling retard if you think Mahler was the first composer to include folk elements or popular quotations. This is present in Brahms, Liszt, even fucking Haydn. I don't see how you could think his music lacks "narrative" unless you've never heard his 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 6th. Mahler's pieces which do subvert traditional expectations of development and resolution are part of his genius, because he realized that expectations like the obligatory symphonic grand finale were not the best means of communicating the thematic character of his work.

Mahler isn't postmodern but proto-modern. He was always working within the tradition of common practice, and the innovations and explorations you mentioned were developments of that tradition. You've also given no explanation for why these elements are bad.

When Beethoven writes a thunderstorm it sounds like Beethoven. When Mahler writes one he deliberately makes it sound "unlike" Mahler. In fact he does this so often that there is no "Mahlerian" sound. There is Mahlerian form or procedure, but that's because he's a postmodernist. He wipes his personality from the music. He is not speaking to you in his music. He is putting you in a movie that he wrote. That's not inherently bad. It's my opinion that it makes him a dogshit composer, but you could disagree with that value judgement. But if you fail to recognize that it is in this way that he broke from musical tradition then you don't understand him.

Your post is totally devoid of content - all you do is make assumptions with no meritorious corroborations. Consider yourself braindead.

Why is everyone talking about twelve tone fugues all of a sudden. But yes its possible. The one I made last thread was completely orthodox, maybe too much so. The protocol is generally applied in the horizontal direction. But you could apply it in both dimensions by stacking the intervals into chords. That would be rather limiting if you were deriving all the material from a particular row however.

youtube.com/watch?v=fut6XqRx0o0

There's a great example of a twelve tone fugue at 9:37

oh fuck, this is a different recording

youtube.com/watch?v=-9BmrEXs64Q

9:37 here

Someone needs to be fucking shot for this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OYQe_by2PL8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=B9RIHOnGGsg

FPTMIU

>stretching 6 motiffs into 4 hours of music is prolific

>Babbys first ostinato

Besides there's some shitty Part piece that's closer to that Portal song

first, you have serious problems with reading comprehension

second, further proof that wagner is underrated

for phoneposting?

stop ignoring liszt

youtube.com/watch?v=budSyYjt5cw

>grunts while playing piano

youtube.com/watch?v=K7MPc9M5Jo0

I have listened to the entire Western canon. Some composers I have heard every single note ever issued from their pen (Brahms, Beethoven, Wagner). I have looked into the backgrounds of all texts set by composers from Machaut to Debussy. I have read Marco Stroppa's essays on his compositional style. I know the history of opera. I've noticed the difference between early and late Rameau. I've played Debussy's four-hand piano works with my girlfriend. I've seen The Rite and the Mass by Stravinsky and played some of his works in concert at my university. I've worked through several books on counterpoint in their entirety. I've read countless books on forms. I have favourites among Mozarts first 30 symphonies. I wager I can recognize almost any composer by an excerpt. I've heard John Corigliano, Peter Maxwell Davies, Philip Glass, and Kaija Saariaho among others speak in person.

Give me your best obscure music that's actually good that I may have missed.

Give me.

>I have listened to the entire Western canon

t doesn't realize it would have been funnier if it was pic related with the mask on

You seem to be a very refined gentleman

>schoenberg emancipated us from dissonance
that's the opposite of what he did. He emancipated dissonance - so you can use as much dissonance as you like.

>tfw no classic performance of faure's berceuse by the jussen twins on youtube anymore
feelsbadman.jpg

People say the scientific equivalent to the emancipation of dissonance is the discovery of relativity.

What's the political equivalent? Giving women and minorities the right to vote?

youtube.com/watch?v=sPaQEQ0dMzU

You know a composer is obscure when he doesn't have an english wikipedia page

Time 4 Schnittke

I have listened to the entire Western canon. Some composers I have heard every single note ever issued from their compilation albums (Mozart, Vivaldi, Beethoven, Bach). I have looked into the backgrounds of all texts set by composers that have nothing to with their music. I have read Poly's shitpost on his compositional style. I've watched a Wagner opera and I have literally no idea what it was about. I've noticed the difference between intervals. I've played Debussy's four-hand piano works with my feet. I've seen The Rite and the Mass by Stravinsky and some of his works in concert played by a bunch of pseuds at my local university. I've worked through several books on counterpoint and now I only compose fugues and call out others for being shit and breaking the rules. I've read countless books on forms and developed some of my own. I have favourites among Schönbergs first works having the refined taste I have. I wager I can recognize almost any composer by their pictures. I've heard bunch of contemporary hacks, but that's alright because they're academic.

Give me your best obscure music that's actually good that I may have missed while reading all those books.

Kill me.

>listens to Mozart once

who here /janáček/ ?

russian late romantic and early modernism

late Rimsky-Korsakov
maybe some Balakirev
Mussorgsky
Taneyev

Tcherepnin
Mosolov
Mayoskovsky
Kalinnikov
Gnessin

right, I'm sure he's never heard of Mussorgsky, Rimsky Korsakov or Balakirev

Could you recommend any of his pieces so i can make my judgement.

>pure music

Does anyone have this photo of Schoenberg at the beginning of this video? I desperately need this for shitposting purposes.

Does anyone have this photo of Schoenberg at the beginning of this video? I desperately need this for shitposting purposes.This time with vibeo

youtube.com/watch?v=TZleqbjwEuA

There's a new Sheriff in town

Tips F,E,D,or,A

pet

I don't actually hate Mozart, I just call plebs out on their bullshit. ;)

Just got this baby, can't wait to hear it.

And yes, I had to fucking buy a CD online to hear what it sounds like.

The cover looks like a tibetan carpet. I like it.

>twelve tone
>music

pick one

that's exactly what i meant

Haha I get it because you live in a very small euro-centristic musical bubble and everything that isn't diatonic isn't "real music" haha really funny guy

youtube.com/watch?v=SDhUE4Ojj8s

Canon in D desu

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=9yp7uWMDzOk

youtube.com/watch?v=Mou3m3IuwlY

I could pick up Bach's complete organ works on CD for 3,75 euros. I've only listened to Bach's harpsichord pieces and symphonies. Worth cycling ~4km for?

Start with piano concertos nos. 1 & 2

Does anything by bach sound good on any instrumennt?

Post mortal enemies of classical music

Its like the American legion of evil

youtube.com/watch?v=0wGj3URCZlQ

Both, Grazie Signore

explain. who are they?

Only recognize Earle Brown, John Cage and Morton Feldman

And the rest are Christian Wolff and David Tudor

Never heard of them

Yes, violin.
youtube.com/watch?v=LWHbdei8RDI

someone should make the retarded feels guy group version of this picture

Post your favorite underrated sonata.

Can you become a competent composer if you're very good at music theory and hearing but bad at playing instruments?

Americans in general.

Wagner.

>Lowly opera
>Religious nuts
Fag

Reminder for the interlopers:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZOhPP6_4o

Be convicted. Don't be a dilettante pleb. Don't listen for status and respect with people who have no status or respect in your own eyes.

In other words, fuck Schoenburg.

That's all. Peace out.

You can become one anyway. And you can gain all those skills. There isn't anything you can't do because that's what I learned my whole life and that has been my cultural milieu.

Most are failed pianists.

user, I...

That's odd because a)Pianists can more easily realize musical ideas and b) Composing is a lot more interesting than playing.

t. failed pianist

>There isn't anything you can't do because that's what I learned my whole life and that has been my cultural milieu.
wdhmbt

Not even. Just the very quintessence of the superfluous man.

That would've sucked as reply, though.

post-ironic rage about being lied to my whole life that I can meet my artistic goals.

What are you talking about, "t. superfluous man" would have been a great reply

it's a sham to get the majority who are actually intelligent and capable to go the art schools and pay a shitload of money to basically get injected with poz for 4 years, with bigtiddyarthoes and drugs to take the edge off, while the positions of power they would otherwise have occupied if they weren't brainwashed are taken up by the big-brained J-left future leaders and top-tier cogs, imports from Asian countries, and the top 5-10% of Amerindians and Negros (e.g., STEM, government, business, law, etc.)

every 1 out of a thousand of these unfortunate drones will end up doing what they want, producing records for say John Zorn's Tzadik label and living in Brooklyn. The rest will be disgruntled baristas, waiters, retail employees, wedding musicians, etc.

Who let this Jew into the thread?

Is it just me or is it a pain in the ass reading sheet music for guitar?

It's not just you. Toby Driver from maudlin of the Well and Kayo Dot said that while he writes the sheet music for all of the other instruments he prefers to just tab out guitar, write whatever weird tuning it's in, and then memorize the parts (instead of sight reading). The other parts - violin, for instance - will sight read.
youtube.com/watch?v=jalvn3wLBjo

To be fair I never wasted my education on frivolities. I went to school for business which was a mistake anyway. Music was always an avocation but it was always something I felt could give me equity in living. The real problem is I fell for all the memes. The idea that anything is art, there are no rules, creativity is talent. Hell, I thought John Cage was a composer at that time. I made a lot of shit and figured if I kept making shit I would get better. Eventually I gave up but this was before I even started listening to classical seriously. When I saw the kind of monumental achievements in the classical repertoire the idea of composing came to the forefront again. And only in the last couple years have I trained my ear and seriously studied theory. Now I'm 23 so I'm pretty sure its over for me but like an idiot I'm sure I'll keep banging my head against the wall hoping to draw blood from a rock.

nice blog

You're right, birb, I'm a self-absorbed faggot.

And who are they? Why are they enemies of classical music?

>Why are they enemies of classical music?
because they stink and I don't like them

Christian Wolff, Earle Brown, John Cage, David Tudor, and Morton Feldman. 1962.
apparently they are disliked from both sides, people who actually care about classical music, and whoever the fuck these people are:
Sounding Out!

@soundingoutblog
Jan 28
More Sounding Out! Retweeted Paulo da Fonseca
wow #experimentalnewyorkschoolsowhitesomale

"Yeah! We're radical! Contemporary bourgeois Christian society can take this dildo up its ass hahahaha" "You're white. And you're a male. Die and let us replace us. If you have kids, make sure they don't have genders and are activists or sex pervert freaks."

Because they make garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=B_8-B2rNw7s
youtube.com/watch?v=m9ZXqDjtYRw
youtube.com/watch?v=nandYDyiHUw

You sound mad. You should listen to Toby Driver from maudlin of the Well and Kayo Dot.

who

>this is your music on post-modernism
How is this even considered music? .

wdyt?

Not all modern music is bad though.
youtube.com/watch?v=JFIGoB7rK70

I think, fuck your acronyms, you lazy piece of shit

>Not all

Right, like not that for instance.

t. soyfag

t. brainlets

Now this is music

youtube.com/watch?v=UHOtJMVPUIg

youtube.com/watch?v=hpfYt7vRHuY

What a terrible mistake the latter was, let me tell you!
F to Western civilization

W*gner does not belong here.

Agreed. It should be pic related.

nice try, but moar like pic related

Too much overlap with Schoenberg.

Trying to get into classical music, are concertos the way to go if I want music similar to Zelda and Chinese cartoon soundtracks?

look into overtures and fantasias

Wagner is far more radical than Schumann or Ravel relative to their contemporaries, and no composer could be said to have had as far-reaching an influence, extending into the other arts, philosophy and politics.

>influence, extendinginto the other arts, philosophy and politics
>dude I hate jews and the State lmao

wasn't Wagner an antisemetic republican not an anarchist

Haha I get it it's (((le juice))) every time! Surely you win the argument, my dear sir.

Who gives a shit about Wagner he was a shitty gay midget

All great composers were at least, mildly homosexual.
Prove me wrong.

bach died a virgin

>17 Children
>Virgin

What a cuck!

Those were Petzold's children.

He fiddled choir kids. He was a notorious fiddler.

tfw piano lesson went 25 minutes over again

t. future composer

>french composers
Yuck!

this is true, whether or not i'll be a good one is another thing

Schubert

youtube.com/watch?v=ein_BOXJuDw

this is just ravel-and-debussyisms but instead of actually having a sense of harmony it's slapping all the notes at once.

dogshit

youtube.com/watch?v=tKrRrAQcX8Y

Schoenboys BTFO

This has a lot more similarities to Boullanger than Debussy or Ravel, you tonedeaf faggot

Both Boulangers put together are dwarfed by the musical influence of either Debussy or Ravel though. And measures 9-13 are very clearly ripped from Ravel.

Look, there's no fundamentally new music left. We blew our load by 1930. What do you want?

Name a more overrated composer.
Protip: you can't.

>What do you want?
I WANT BRAHMSY-WAHMSY TO COME BACK

get out

You're in luck. He's been reincarnated as a loli

youtube.com/watch?v=7yf_pbVvIWk

>tfw you weren't born into a rich german family that could be mistaken as being from the 1700s

is this girl autistic?

she's artistic

Hackmanenough

why is everyone on this website such fucking assholes? i can't take it anymore; if you say another bad thing about french composers i'll unironically kill myself.

extremely sheltered perhaps

french composers SUCK

this girl is gifted at imitating beethoven and bach, so she's basically the new brahms

youtube.com/watch?v=JlQ9bG8oT1g

>atonalism is better than key
Fuck off

fuck off nigger i'm objectively correct, i wrote it so it's true

whats the rundown on this girl /classical/?

did you watch the video at all? she's autistic m80

God I wish I was in highschool with her.
I'd be deeply in love, but unable to understand my feelings I'd instead bully her and act mean.
My bullying would increase in intensity until one day I'd make her cry, at that moment, seeing her crying face I'd come in terms with my own feelings and confess to her.

We would go on dates, hold hands, and kiss (with no tongue, she's pure), keeping our relationship a secret because her parents are very strict.
I'd support her in all of her concerts, and one day she'd write a set of lieds dedicated to me. After listening to them, instead of applauding or complimenting her, I'd just say a flat out "I love you", and then we'd kiss passionately.

This is so fucking two thousand and late.

dude get a life lmaooo

This
He fucking plays like Little Richard wtf

I actually like it. You need really strong fingers to play Beethoven imo. Schiff's Beethoven make me physically ill.

>not emotionally damaging her so she writes interesting music

>not molesting her so she realizes there is no beauty in the world and becomes a new female Schnittke

What's the best recording of Mozart's Piano Concerto 23?

Uchida / Tate / English Chamber Orchestra.