9. Eusebio
10. Platini

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e4fzeK3SQa4
youtube.com/watch?v=sYokNMEgRvw
youtube.com/watch?v=OEaT-d4aQfo
youtube.com/watch?v=hrgZTLLtCdk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

R9 is better than CR7, the team never revolved around him.

>amerifat opinions

1. Puskás
2. Best
3. Pele
4. Maradona

Rest is shit

1. Maradona
2. Zidane
3. Ronaldo (9)
4. Messi
5. Beckenbauer
6. Cruyff
7. Ronaldinho
8. Di Stefano
9. Romario
10. Cristiano Ronaldo

>7. Cryuff
>amerifat opinions

>tf
>tp

>see thread in catalog
>"gee what flag could it be"
>enter thread
>dat flag
Checks out.

Now check em.

>Pele

And Chamberlain is better than LeBron or Jordan or even Kobe, sure thing

>no rooney
>no scholes
this ABU mentality is disgusting

>Le snobby footby hipster opinion

You probably have some ironic interest in European football culture and watch the Belgrad/Glasgow derbies from the comfort of your living room

Chamberlain and Kareem are the top 2

Kareem is better than Jordan, so is Lebron
However! Jordan is still higher on the GOAT rankings than Lebron, but KAREEM is the GOAT

>pele
>greatest of all time

>1. Pele

His whole career revolved around scoring in friendlies and playing baby leagues. He wasn't even the best Brazilian of his generation.

1. kante
rest who cares

1. Maradona
2. Messi
3. Fatnaldo
4. Cruyff
5. Dino
6. Zizou
7. CR7
8. DB10

>tf tp-ing hungary & holland

Ronaldinho is the most talented player of them all.
You're rating system-babbies and tappers of stacked squads.
Modric's better than tsunaldo and you can see how great messi is in his NT.
Of course a fatmericANO wouldn't know too much about this.

Talent =/= the bets

>Pele first
>CR in a top ten

If you're trying to be as american as possible, I suggest you also include Beckham somwhere in that list

Always the Americans falling for Pele meme. Probably pronounce it Paylay too

>CR7

Might as well put Gerd Muller in the list while you're at it

Chamberlain forced the NBA to adopt several new rules to stop him, what do you think?

The best is the best individually and Dinho was exactly that in his prime

No he wasn't; you're only saying that because he was flamboyant. His passing wasn't as good as Xavi; his dribbling was as good as Messi; his goal scoring wasn't as good as Eto'o. He just had style which people will say makes him the GOAT

>his dribbling was as good as Messi
you meant to say "wasn't" right?

Yes

Best three living players.
1. Messi
2. Harry Kane
3. De Bruyne

Faggot Pele is so overrated and its based on pure nostalgic sentiment. In today's game he'd be an average fucking player.

Comparing players that doesnt even play in the same position...

To be an average player in the age of 77 is not that bad.

>Messi
Di Stefano was better than choking midget

>rating pele

>penaldo in the top 25

Ronaldinho was just a futsal player with stamina to play on an 11 pitch, he was shit

Honestly Messi is way better than Pele ever was. People just don't like disrespecting older generations so they pretend they were better.

Once he win his 6th Ballon this year everyone will recognize him as GOAT

>people underrating Cryuff
We still play according to his rules. His apprentice is winning everything and not giving a fuck about it.

Only player with 3 world cups and these numbers:

>Brazil national football team All-Time Leading Scorer, 77 goals (95 goals including unofficial friendlies).[169]
>Intercontinental Cup: All-Time Leading Scorer: 7 goals[170]
>World record number of hat-trick: 92[171]
>Guinness World Records: Most career goals (football): 1283 goals in 1363 games[172]
>Guinness World Records: Most FIFA World Cup Winners' Medals: three[172]
>Youngest scorer in the FIFA World Cup: 17 years and 239 days (Brazil v Wales 1958)[45][173]
>Youngest hat-trick in the FIFA World Cup: 17 years and 244 days (Brazil v France 1958)[173]
>Youngest player to play in a FIFA World Cup final match: 17 years and 249 days (Brazil v Sweden 1958)[174]
> Youngest scorer in the FIFA World Cup final match: 17 years and 249 days (Brazil v Sweden 1958)[174]
>Youngest winner of a FIFA World Cup: 17 years in 1958 FIFA World Cup[175]

read

>3 world cups
That's like's saying R9 has 2. What's the point when you had no impact on actually winning it? It's just embarrassing to brag about that

>Pele
>#1

youtube.com/watch?v=e4fzeK3SQa4

1. Kane

Power Gap

2. Rooney
3. Beckham

>once a marketing fraud wins another marketing award people who don't watch football will think that he is the GOAT

>no mention of gazza
Whole list invalidated.

Call us again when your country wins anything.

lol, you wish'd

Does that invalidate my point?

In itself, no,actually not.
Kahn never won a WC and that doesnt stop him from being the best goalie ever.

Just for the record, that's another guy. I'm the one you replied to.
Two nice videos about pelé:
youtube.com/watch?v=sYokNMEgRvw
and Pelé vs Europe:
youtube.com/watch?v=OEaT-d4aQfo

in 20 years once the dust has settled people will recognise that the true list is

1. Mousa Dembele
2. irrelevant

I'm not saying he isn't good, I'm saying don't use the argument that "3WC makes you the goat" when he wasn't an impactful player for all of them

Man, i'm more of a motorsports guy, and usually i think about all the things we don't have a footage of. Older endurance stuff and pre-war racing.
This just gave me that feel, instantly.
>the goal Pelé never made
This bugs me every time i see it.

Messi
Ronaldo (R9)
Maradona
Pele
Cruyff

cassano

>3. CR7
>4. Maradona

1. Riquelme

end of the list

why are americans allowed to shitposting this hard? BAN

Cruyff>>>>everyone

>no Ronaldinho
Opinion disregarded

>no Eusebio
>no Puskas
>no Kubala
>Zidane > Messi
>Beckenbauer > Cruyff
>CR in the top 10
I must agree on Diego though. Once in a while I watch videos of El Pibe, and not even 2012 Messi is anywhere close to that total beast. Too bad he loved coke, booze and asado so much. Still GOAT for anyone with eyes on his face and a basic football knowledge.
Same goes for Ronaldinho. That guy with some work ethics would have been Diego tier.

I must disagree on Romario and R9 (and CR7 too). Great finishers, but lacking that TOTAL footballer qualities that make a top10, imo.

>let me rate all of these players that I haven't seen play
lmaoing @you underaged mongs

>I must disagree on Romario and R9 (and CR7 too). Great finishers, but lacking that TOTAL footballer qualities that make a top10, imo.

u wot m8? R9 was the complete package.

Ok cocksuck

1. Zidane
2. Hagi
3. Messi
4. Fatnaldo
5. Pirlo
6. Matthaus
7. Robben
8. Henry
9. Figo
10. Nedved

Did he have great vision and passing? Did he have defensive capabilities?

OK, legit question. So, what is the difference of watching Messi on TV/youtube or watching Kubala the same way?

You watch full games of Messi. Do you watch full games of Kubala or just highlights?

You can only shitpost on spee and pretend to know what the fuck you're on abouy if you haven't watched 10 continuous minutes of footy from before 2000.

10 minute youtube reels + stats are not enough to judge a player.
that'd be like saying Josef Bican is the greatest player that ever lived (whomever the fuck that is) even though you've never seen him play and have no idea what he really did in a match.

He was a total beast until his knees gave up, and even after that he had good qualities to be top notch player, but he was never a playmaker like Cruyff, Maradona, Zidane or Messi.
Then again, comparing players in different positions can be quite devious if you ask me.
>Hagi
>Pirlo
>Matthaus
>Robben
>Henry
>Figo
>Nedved

All excellent players, specially Figo imo.
Good alternative list, gypsy frend.
Even a god damn redneck sheepfucker hillbilly kiwi with literally 0 football knowledge can see this. Good post.

Obviously highlights. However, the well trained eye can spot the qualities of a football monster. His swiftness, strength, speed, technique, etc.
Obviously by watching many full matches one can have a better judgement, but still.
lel ok
True to a degree. Can't say otherwise. However, I must ask you to read the first quote in this post.

>the well trained eye can spot the qualities of a football monster
what the fuck are you even talking about?
you can tell if a player has skill or not, that's it.
you can never tell how he performs untill you watch several of his full performances.

True to an extent.
However, let me give you an example:

You know Eusebio achievements, goals and titles with Benfica, right?
Then you watch a few videos and you can see how all those monster stats add up with the qualities you can see and therefore confirm by watching some cherrypicked moments of his career.
It is not the most perfect tool for an accurate judgement, but hey, we are having fun here, and it still works imo.
On the other hand, I watch Di Stefano videos and I can confirm that nowadays he would play in the irish second division. No matter how many titles and goals he scored 60 years ago.

He had good vision and passing yes. Not Messi/Zidane level obviously but he did create a lot. For Inter he had a dual role of no.9 and 10. And what great forward had defensive capabilities? Maybe the likes of Drogba, but he’s nowhere near GOAT standard.

1.Rooney
2.Owen
3.Ronaldo
4.Beckham
5.Messi
6.Giggs
7.Keane
8.Terry
9.Adams
10.Wilshere

>What great forward had defensive capabilities
We're talking complete players though

>No Van Basten
>No Beckenbauer
>No Baggio
>No Matthaus

kek good laugh

Giggs was god tier though, and Keane might get there is goes on like that

this
foreign players are overhyped
If Vardy was Brazilian and called Vardinho he'd have won the Ballon d'or by now

see, your opinion means nothing because you haven't seen them play.

>unironically referring to real ronaldo as fat ronaldo and fake ronaldo as anything but fake ronaldo

Oh well, the fact that my opinion means nothing TO YOU, really means nothing to me.
The day England NT will play even decent football come back with that argument. Meanwhile, consider english players second tier in Europe and even lower tier worldwide.

this

shevchenko was technically better than messi

1. Pelé
2. Garrincha
3. Maradonna
4. Di Stefano
5. R9
6. Romário
7.Kaká
8. Rivelino
9. Rivaldo
10. Ronaldinho

this

Reminder that if any of the following players are in your top 10 you deserve a public execution in front of your family and friends

>crynaldo
>bale
>slippy g
>kane
>ramos
>xavi
>ramos

>kaka over zico, socrates, tostao, dunga, cafu, taffarel and jairzinho

Well i guess that means Gullit and Matthaus are the top 2 GOATs then

No; I guess it means being the most complete doesn't make you the best

Matthaus and Gullit are GOATs. So's Davids, for different reasons.

After extensive research George Best is the most remarkable player I've ever watched on YouTube, so I'd put him first tbph

This honestly,reminder that peles idol was puskas growing up but kaka legit was the best player in the world in 07 08 09

Shevchenko was one of those players which basically are physically gifted for the game. Extremelly fast and with very good knees and ankles, also an scoring instinc.
He would have been a top player even with half of this skills, anytime anywhere. Typical east european wonder. For some reason you hardly ever see physically weak players from the east, and ussually they are fast as fuck, and strong (Lato, Boniek, Blojin, Streltsov...)
What I don't get is in which aspect of "technically" you think he was superior to Lionel. Do you mean dribbling? Collective vision of the game and passing the ball always to the best option? ...?
Pls explain

1. Messi
2. Maradona
3. Di Stéfano
4. Cruyff
5. Ronaldinho

the rest don't even matter.

>tfw winning 4 world cups with players that don't matter
Feels superior.

1. Ronaldo
2. Pele
3. Zidane

I don't rank cheaters

>matthaus, seeler, gerd muller, beckenbauer, klinsmann and klose don't matter

Anyone who thinks its not either Messi 1 and Tsu 2 or other way around and then a HUGE powergap is completly delusional. They dominated football at its most professional stage for 10+ years.

>Muh Pele playing against amateurs
>Muh Maradonna the fat cheating pos

>tristelme

Except he actually played in 1962 and scored the best goal in the tournament.

youtube.com/watch?v=hrgZTLLtCdk

>No Lothar Matthaus
>No Ryan Giggs
>Eusebio (who?)

So during the 60s only Pelé knew how to play football? There are no other big names from that era?

1. Pele
2. Maradona
3. Messi
4. Cruyff
5. Di Stefano
6. Ronaldo
7. Beckenbauer
8. Puskas
9. Zidane
10. Garrincha
11. CR7

Increased professionality leads to pushing smaller margins which leads to smaller gaps between godlevel and toplevel players. What Pele and Maradonna did in a suboptimal field should not be possible today yet Messi and Ronaldo do it for 10+ years.

>implying Giggs>Eusebio
Flag discarded for life

Garrincha was unironically better than pele, what would place him in the top of the list

also this >best

lol shut the fuck up

>lothar mathaus

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

>>Eusebio (who?)

LOLthis is literally the dumbest post in this thread

This

youre arguing with a guy that probably never been to a stadium, dont waste your time

That's because Germany has a whole team of great players in every position, so there's no need for a GOAT

1 Ronaldinho
2 Messi
3 Diegote
4 Ronaldo 9
5 Pelé1

>Forgetting Lahm, possibly the best fullback ever.

Saying anybody before 1980 is even in the top 50 is laughable reddit tier nonsense. And nobody says this because the think it themself. They say it because they were told by old "experts" and "football historians" and so on.
It's funny that in every sport people get faster, stronger, jumps higher and so on. but in football the peak was apparently 40-50 years ago.

Why 1980 tho?

>Eusebio

what the fuck are you smoking my nigga

Penaldo is nowhere near the top50.

1. Messi
2. Maradona
3. Ronaldo Nazario
4. Ronaldinho
5. Cruyff
6. Garrincha
7. Beckenbauer
8. Platini
9. Buffon
10. Iniesta

Wilt was unironically better than Kobe or LeBron. Wilt would average 25 and 15 in today's NBA. Dude was an absurd athlete at 7'1" and strong as an ox

>ronaldinho
>buffon

nah

>posting le current year man
>a sandnigger
Your opinion doesnt matter

notice his stats went to shit went the ABA merged/folded? GOATs are Russell and Bird, end of.

The best fullbacks ever are Lizarazu and Cafu. He is up there tho.

that's not John Oliver, you dumbfuck.

>christiano ronaldo above maradona