Is it worth it to buy led light when growing weed or should i go old school with high pressure sodium?

Is it worth it to buy led light when growing weed or should i go old school with high pressure sodium?

Attached: dinafem-blue-thai-cannabis-plant-grown-in-air-pot.jpg (1100x1115, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ledgrow.eu/
amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3QJ170MUZRN8S?ref_=wl_share
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You’re gonna pay the fuck out your ass in electric with sodium. Just get some full spectrum fluorescent

Not to mention the price of the bulbs/ballasts. Mucho dinero Cred Forumsro

HPS are def more expensive to run, but you only need them during budding phase. Also you reduce the light cycle to 12 on and 12 off during budding so its even less.

you need to spend big money on a decent LED.
i bought the cheap shit from china and they sucked.
i get great results from a 400 HPS and 4x55ww flo side lights. Pays for itself 100 times over

Attached: 1426089572246.jpg (500x500, 43K)

Do it regular I'm pretty baked right now and was imagining Gary coleman as a cowboy. It was pretty funny!
I hppe everything is going good for you today, OP! What's your favorite strain?

Attached: YOTSUBUD0.jpg (2255x2217, 502K)

Cool i got trips

Attached: 2994.jpg (558x400, 38K)

Get an auto flower buy a 300-500w led

Spend like 100-120 on an LED light on Amazon. Don't skimp on your nutrients and you will be good. Foliar feed 3 times a week and feed your soul often. Always check pH and if you are seeing any signs of nutrient deficiency, pay attention and adjust and ask your local hydro store for help.

Experiment with nourishment. Add flouride. Toothpaste or anything.

>Not using natural moonlight

Hang yourself neckbeard

Those amazon lights fucking suck.

Thank you unrelated user here! I'll steer clear of amazon then

Nail this one in the head.

ledgrow.eu/

The only way to do it right is to DIY the light panel. Choose the correct colors that the plant needs.

Just look at his pics and weight amounts OP. Worth the trip to home Depot/radio shack/order all the parts on the Amazon God.

Jaesus. Why floride?

high pressure sodium lights

Attached: 1578711645487.gif (300x300, 1.18M)

Led isn't the right waves. You'll get nothing.
Use full spectrum flouros, HPS, or Mh.
If using hps or mh, ventilation will be extremely important. Even with the flouros you need ventilation but hps will burn your babies.

>was imagining Gary coleman as a cowboy. It was pretty funny!
You sound like the kind of guy that laughs easily at toilet humour

Not light related, but use fox farms ocean forest soil, and Tiger bloom.
Also look into high stress training and mainlining your plants.
You're fucking welcome.

Is this a good beginner setup?
amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3QJ170MUZRN8S?ref_=wl_share

Thinking about getting it on taxes

or he could just pour some diluted simple syrup/kool-aid and egg shells on the soil every so often and save the fortune he would spend on that nigger hippy bullshit

mh for 4 weeks then HPS is the easiest version

LED requires more care, need to see problems earlier which is hard for beginners but generally possible

don't be afraid to cut your plants heavily when they have 5 nodes, repeatedly. they can regenerate when the roots are healthy. the goal is to create a canopy.

if you use pots they should be as big as the plant. roots take as much volume underground as the plant takes space above ground. don't be afraid to repot 2 times.

best is hydroponics though. it saves yourself from cleaning up so much. also slightly bigger harvest. but soil is easiest

before you invest into an humidifier or dehumidifier, get a strong exhaust with active carbon filter. meaning really strong. for a tent that size you will need a $200 fan easily. it will pull out a lot more humid air than the little dehumidfier. the tent is humid on it's own most of the time. also get small rotating fans. the humidifier is not needed

Attached: 20190505_043719.jpg (2322x4128, 1.23M)

I'm just trying to grow 4 plants, would a 36x36x72 grow tent work for 4 plants?

Also do I really need a carbon filter?

yes of course. just make sure they don't get too tall with training (topping and low stress training)
also use a small rotating fan during the flowering period (during veg phase is ok to for bigger stems).
you can also germinate 6 seeds then select the best 4.

the carbon filter is only there to mask the smell. if you live in your own house it is probably not needed in contrast to a house where several people live. visitors will be able to smell it though.

Okay thank you when do I know when to transition between veg and flower? And also how high do I put the lights above the plants?

Would I need a carbon filter to reduce the smell of a single plant? Also it'll be grown through the kratky method of hydroponics...

I just grow 2 plants per 5 gallon bucket of dirt from the yard with blue plant lights and sunlight from the windows and turn it all into hash/dabs
Fuck some expensive set up

generally 4 weeks of vegging is enough. if you veg longer the plant becomes bigger. plants continue to grow during flowering (the extend of this depends on strain) so that needs to be considered.

you can veg for longer than 4 weeks if you do a lot of topping and training. you can even grow one plant and cover your whole tent if you have 8-12 weeks time for veg

>And also how high do I put the lights above the plants?
Idk about led but I put the mh 2 feet above the current canopy. I have a 600 Watt Mh and hdp so never had problems with stretching.

if the single plant is occupying the whole tent than you might need it. Idk your surroundings. If you have room mates or live with your parents they will be able to smell it

Yeah he could absolutely take your advice if he wants ants and dead plants. Retarded faggot

I suggest against a HPS/MH if you are paying for the electrical costs at hand, if someone else does or it's split between roommates then by all means go for it.

Otherwise I'd suggest picking up some of the 300 watt CLF bulbs, best bang for your buck imo. You can make a 1000w setup for about the cost of HPS/MH setup, but will last you far longer and they don't get nearly as hot which is a plus. Some of our bulbs are going on 5 years of use now.

Attached: ```.png (1000x1237, 1.13M)