Are there any married Cred Forumsros here? How much should I pay for an engagement ring...

Are there any married Cred Forumsros here? How much should I pay for an engagement ring? Is 100 bucks enough or too cheap?

Attached: 765.jpg (540x952, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N5kWu1ifBGU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If she looks like your pic 100 bucks is far from enough

new

Why be such a oldfag traditionalist? Rings are a horrible investment, buy her something that can gain value over time.

What the fuck kind of Fisher Price bullshit ring are you buying for $100?

Attached: new.jpg (311x311, 81K)

Never pay more than two months salary for an engagement ring.

Good grief no! At least 110

i am married.

engagement rings are a total waste of money, but it is hard for women to understand that.

I went with a Moissanite after reading a thread on Cred Forums. For the size of the diamond it would have been like 15k if it was real... fuck that noise. It ended up costing me somewhere around 1K.

Didn't tell anyone and it looks legit to people. Ended up telling her after we were married but she didn't seem to care.

whether you have ample amounts of money to burn or not, get a ring that looks nice. doesn't matter if it's $100 or $10,000, the important thing is that it looks like it's expensive. you can, overtime, "upgrade" it and get a better looking ones if you want. don't fall to the jew scandal of going into debt or losing majority of your cash to buy a dumb ring.

>getting married
Enjoy divorce in 3-5 years.

should be plenty if you get her a combi meal after

see

If you buy wholesale you can absolutely get a ring for $100. In fact, if you go to an actual whitesmith you can design your own ring and spend not much more than that (depending on gems ofc)

Wow cool reply dipshit

Worst investment you will ever make. Buy stock, buy her a home, buy troy ounces of precious metal. A mineral that's highly prone to get lost is a bad idea.

plus people end up insuring it... just blows my mind how dumb people are.

General rule is 3 months salary. For me that equated to $17k usd. Most money I’ve ever spent on a single object.

It’s obvious you’ve never dated a girl.

Absolutely retarded how many people still believe this sales pitch that a fucking ring is symbolic of marriage. Best carnival scheme of all time.

Enjoying your first day on Cred Forums?

I asked my wife to marry me while she was taking a post-shower shit. It went like this.

Hey, you graduate from (state university) this year, right? Lets get married a year after that.

No ring.

I didn't buy her a ring.

She bought her own ring.

That's how you do it. If a woman actually values you as a man, she'll bend over backwards to make sure you're happy, she won't expect expensive bullshit because that's what society says has to happen. We've been together 18 years, married 16 this May, and she gets things bought for her with my money when I choose, not when she expects them.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a cold-hearted ass. I just learned early on that a woman that demands that you spend money on her constantly is worthless. I found one that will buy her own shit with her own money. To me, that makes any extra gifts bought with my money worth more.

Yes I have faggot, 3 kids with the love of my life and the only ring we have is the one I use on my cock.

Considering getting engaged.
Current girlfriend thinks they are a waste of money.. that's why she's getting at least a one karat blue diamond that'll cost me three months salary. The one's that expect expensive rings don't deserve them. My purchase will legitimately be an expression of how much I value her because I set that price point and her and her girlfriend's didn't.

Larping this hard, kek.
>honey instead of a ring I bought you 25 shares of VINQ
What’d you do get on one knee and open up a yellow folder of printed shares?

this is a spam thread you fucking LARPing retards jesus christ

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but if a young Cred Forumstard can learn something from old folks, then it is always a good opportunity to post truth. America is becoming weak because of the feminization of society. Males need to step the fuck up and start being men again. We set the standards as leaders.

Nobody cares what you think incel

Instead of wasting your hard-earned dollars on a useless trinket, why don't you put a down payment on a house?

I'm only incel because I've been married for almost 16 years.

You try convincing a woman that you've been with that long to have sex more than once a week when you both work 40+ hours a week and have kids.

cool RP

Beautiful girl, user (if pic related), congrats! (sorry, am cel)

why you mad, bro?

Not even had your heavy breathing acknowledged? Think anyone on here that admits to having a normie life outside of a computer is "LARPing?"

Nah dog, I've been using the internet probably since before you were born. IDGAF about your opinion outside of this reply. I laid down some solid advice for younger men coming up in the world, and I'll swear by it.

Don't spend money on women because they expect it.

Don't go into debt because a woman wants something.

If a woman threatens to leave you because you're not buying what she wants, kick her to the curb. There are 7 billion humans on this planet, you'll find one worth your time.

cool RP

3 months salary. 6k minimum or she is a bigger cock sock

Go ahead and let women walk all over you financially. Stats prove they will during a divorce, so you may as well let them do it before and during marriage, too.

>I went with a Moissanite after reading a thread on Cred Forums. For the size of the diamond it would have been like 15k if it was real... fuck that noise. It ended up costing me somewhere around 1K.
>Didn't tell anyone and it looks legit to people.
Your social group and family are complete imbeciles then. It's really fucking easy to tell a well-cut real diamond (natural or lab) from every other gem, especially in daylight.

Not disagreeing with your decision though. Diamonds are artificially WAY overpriced. They're not even rare and they don't actually hold value. If the people around you are too stupid to tell (most likely they just have never seen a good cut diamond in their lives) and your wife doesn't care, more power to you.

Have you ever seen a Moissanite? It looks just like a diamond. Jewelers can't even tell.

Sounds like you are mad you wasted money on a 'real' one.

Who in their right mind would pay 10k+ for a polished piece of carbon and a few dollars worth of precious metals?

What about a gold ring though, gold prices only go up right?

Yeah, cool MGTOW rhetoric you fucking virgin.

Any motherfucker pussy-whipped enough to listen to a woman who'll leave him for not buying the right handbag.

Spent about $11k on a custom emerald ring. Happy but slightly regretting the purchase and shelling out that much money on one thing

pay what you think she is worth.

Yep. That's what it is.

It certainly isn't 40 years of life experience. It certainly doesn't come from learning from a huge mistake in my early 20's, where I went into 15k debt trying to keep a bitch happy when all she wanted was more, more, more. My attitude certainly wasn't further honed by finding a woman that didn't care what I bought her, and was more interested in the things I did for her, from making a wine rack to just rubbing her back after a shitty stressful day at work.

Yeah, I'm all about MGTOW.

Or, I understand how to stand up for myself now, and will never be a door mat again.

Whatever you feel is the correct answer.

Married. Paid Zero dollars.

Married.

That's too cheap. If you want to save money, go for a lab grown diamond. Still a diamond, just cheaper (and trendy because no blood diamond).
As someone else said, make sure it looks good, whatever you do.

If you really want to be cheap, check pawnshops and such.

Why the fuck did you pay so much for emerald

IT depends in circumstances and area or country. 100 can be very much or very minimal. But a ring never convinces ...
If cannot afford, think about. True Love do Not need a ring

Jewelers can tell, my dude, or there would be a huge fucking problem with baiting and switching

youre right, thanks!!

ignore those idiots

who gets on the knee nowadays?

i just said to me girl we need to marry because it will save me 10.000€ in taxes

whats this crappy thread actually about? some pedo shit again?

Post a picture of your wedding band with a timestamp cool married guy

Getting married is great
Getting married the same all the retards before us did because of irrelevant handed down ethics is fucking retarded
A ring means nothing

Thats a lie you have to buy the license

Oi, do you have a loisonce for that ring?

Yes bobby you watched me walk the 6 miles from home to buy it on your cctv cameras

I think it's cute you assume I have one. We got married in May of 04, she bought me a cheap titanium ring, but I went into the Army in July, and haven't worn it since. Something, something, something, I'd like to keep all of my fingers. I haven't seen the damn thing for years.

Want me to timestamp my large living room?

Mine and wifes wedding rings are silver owl faces she stole at renfest

So what you're saying is that you're making a claim with no proof?

cool RP

It’s bigger - 9mm, cushion cut, few inclusions. Plus like $3k for the setting. But honestly, it’s what she wanted so went with it.

I fuckin hate you grown up living room fags always acting like your fuckin gay ass couches and flatscreens somehow make a better room than anons cool bedrooms in the battlestation/room threads
Your living room is fucking WACK sarge

Why is titanium bad? Better at protecting a finger than gold

Yes, obviously there are subtle differences. If I was trying to sell the diamond as a naturally occurring one it wouldn't work.

Quick glances/getting it cleaned/not inspecting it under a microscope, probably not going to be able to tell with 100% certainty that it is lab made.

>it's what she wanted
Only good answer. Congrats, many years of happiness to the pair of you.

To all of you!

If you haven't figured out this guy is playing pretend yet, I have a bridge to sell you

Idgaf about the gae ass larper, I was ready to learn about fucking titanium

Dude, metal harder than finger. No ring protect finger. You dum

Larping online is just called rping

A ring should be 3 weeks of pay

"protecting?"

If a ring, even something soft like gold, gets caught on a piece of equipment (Bradley fighting vehicle when I was in the army, Caterpillar Trash-specific equipment now) It will, at best de-glove that finger, and at worst remove the finger.

Rings are bad in a lot of different occupations.

Hey look its the nothing is real unless it fits my narrative guy
Fuckin hate this guy

I used a family heirloom ring that his grandma gave me to propose to my husband, and literally spent a dollar on wish getting mine (just a black tungsten band). However since it's an heirloom he doesn't wear that one so we picked out a stand in, just a plain band with a pearl. Cost like 200 I think. Honestly though user, go based on what you think they're going to care about. Some people don't give a shit about the price. Idk if I'd want to be in a relationship with someone who threw a fit about the ring though. And don't fall for the "3 months salary" trap. That's fucking stupid and just a way for the jewelery Giants to Jew you out of your money. I don't recommend diamonds either go with an emerald or Ruby if youre wanting a fancy stone.

I mean, the wife picks out most of the furniture. If it was up to me, we'd be in a 500 square foot cabin on 20 acres, with just a couch, bed, and kitchen, instead of a 2000 square foot house on 1.7 acres of "fuck my life" lawn.

I did break my own rule of "if she wants it, she works for it" with this house, because the neighborhood we lived in before here was very quickly turning into a shithole.

I appreciate that. I've never really worked with dangerous equipment so I (wrongly) assumed it would offer some protection.
Thanks for teaching me, user

First of all, don’t get married. $100 is waaaaaay too cheap. Spend like $2000.

Nibba you gae ain't no one wanna marry u

Why are you marrying a hooker? And even if you insist, 100 bucks is STD hell...

Attached: eggs.png (300x248, 102K)

That sucks. Towing the white bread line because wife cant see past the status quo sounds like a nightmare. I live in the woods and it kicks ass. Just drug her, sell everything and have her come to in the cabin.

Any sort of jewelry is a no-go if you're in a job that requires physical labor. Even if accidents are rare, when they happen, jewelry getting caught on something tends to remove skin or body parts.

Take a look at the guy who works on your car or works on your HVAC stuff. They're either wearing silicone rings, nothing, or will soon be out of work because they wear rings or watches or necklaces to work.

My wife understood from the first day of our marriage that when I went into the army, I wasn't risking a finger to have a piece of metal on my body, just to show others I was "taken."

She's been cool with it for almost 2 decades.

I wouldn't say I "tow the white bread line." We live in a semi-rural community. I can shoot off my back porch, I frequently piss in my front yard without worrying about neighbors.

She's a teacher, and our son goes to the school she works at. Right now, it's about convenience. Our collective 10 year goal is to stabilize ourselves financially enough that we can get, in her words, "20-40 acres off the side of a side road" for "deer camp, and general fuck off" land.

To have a wife that doesn't at all align with me politically want to have "deer camp" land is good enough for me.

I know a dude in construction who's ring saved his finger from something, but I guess I never considered the danger side of it.

Guess I need to look into silicone!

>doesn't align with you politically
>teacher
>stable relationship
>no divorce or rape accusation

You just dodged a bullet, my nigga.

Attached: sweat_multiple.jpg (426x341, 38K)

too much, diamonds are a scam

youtube.com/watch?v=N5kWu1ifBGU

Honestly man, we make it work by not discussing politics. She's 38, I'm 40, and we're both grown up enough to know that there are more important things, like each other, our son, shared interests, than who we vote for.

She figures her vote cancels mine out, and I figure there are enough other like minded individuals in our area that her vote doesn't matter.

What? Are you 12?

100 bucks, FFS.

Traditionally 2 - 3 months salary. Basically, if you can't save or get her something decent, what are you saying about your suitability as a future husband?

I guarantee you that however much a girl may smile and talk about love being the only important thing, a cheap ring will be taken as a slight and you'll be paying for it in a few years when she's on the dick of someone of better means.

Say I'd decided to spend 2-3 months salary on a ring for my wife now. That'd be 8-12K on something that, much like a new car, wouldn't be worth half that the minute I stepped out of the door. If a woman insists on a ring worth that much, she's not worth that much.

If you find a nice ring for under 1k, which you can at places like Sam's or Costco, she'll either be happy, or she'll bitch. If she bitches, you might as well end it, because she'll only want you to spend everything you earn, plus money you haven't earned yet, keeping her in a lifestyle she doesn't deserve.

If you're smart enough to think about your vote, you already aren't in the majority. Your vote doesn't matter, the richest and most psychopathic of politicians has already won, decades in advance. And even if you could singlehandedly decide the outcome of an election, you would still be choosing among rich psychopaths. Thinking that your vote matters or helps anyone is a bit arrogant. Sometimes delusion helps us get through the day, but i think you're stronger than that, you shouldn't give in to it.

Actually, at the state and below level, especially at the county level, my vote still matters.

At the federal level?

Nah, but I don't really follow their laws anyway.

Show you proof you don't take black dick.

See, I can do it too.

Jewelry doesn't depreciate like that, friend.

No votes matter and i feel bad for your kid going to the glorified tard daycare that is school. Youre wifes a fucking teacher she should be at home teaching.

Dude, do you not understand that you can have a living and a cool bedroom/battlestation?

>Traditionally 2 - 3 months salary.
Traditionally, this is a scam since the rings you will buy for that price are not worth that price. Seriously, buy one brand new and then immediately ask them how much they'll give you for it.
Buy her a gold or silver band, if that's not good enough for her, then you don't want to marry a hoe like that.

Cope harder you fucking multi room faggot.

I paid $20K for mine, which was worth it. It's amazing.
I can't fucking believe I did that, but at the time it was ~3 months salary, so I figured whatever. She's gonna have it forever and show it to everyone she fuckin knows.

Rings will snag on things and de-glove your finger.

Attached: bb21b1faee656575a068f7e171f3eb53--human-anatomy-finger.jpg (236x314, 15K)

Perhaps I used hyperbole, but it depreciates pretty damn fast. Go to a pawn shop and take a look at their prices vs a jewelry store. Even there, you're getting hammered, but usually at 50-60% the cost of brand-new at a jewelry store.

Bonus, you can buy a gun while buying jewelry at a pawn shop.

OK boomer

This happened to my buddy's dad. It got snagged on a nail on the dock, and when the boat started moving *swip*.

Been married for almost 8 years and have 2 kids. I can promise I'm more based than you.

>county level
Good point.

No votes matter?

I hope you don't bitch about property taxes, sales taxes, road conditions, your police force, your representative's salaries or performance, etc.

Where i live the engagement ring should cost at least the amount of your payroll.

You shit for brains newfag fuck. I bet you put your kids in school so you and your wife can suck corporate cock too dont you? Paying 20k for a fucking ring hahaha, more money than brains huh based user? Jesus christ you are retarded.

Attached: 1477915202489.jpg (1024x576, 36K)

Taxes also dont matter and i have zero problem paying imaginary money into the imaginary system so i can do whatever the fuck i want with my life. But whatever helps you cope.

Exactly. Bitching is pointless, i'm building up skills and resources so that one day you can fly up through a chimney and disperse into the atmosphere.

Jesus christ I was just about to leave and fap before I saw that.

Guess I'm staying here with you b/ros

You are embarrassing yourself, dude. Just stop.

You are assuming everyone on this board is like you. Cred Forums has been around since 2003, there are plenty of oldfags that hang around here that live standard lives.

A guy is trying earnestly trying to teach you something but you can't shut the fuck up.

A random person on /b cares about you more than your parents and you can't be anything but a goddamn parrot.

Lucky lady, and loyal af I bet

I mean, if you really think you could Dachau me, bring it.

Every crazier is that if you have the other end the docs can sew it back on and you'll be fine since the tendons and muscles that control your fingers are else where.

Ya know what they say: the engagement ring. The wedding ring. The suffering.

Not your reply but everyone in the US sucks corporate cock. That is how the game is played; you suck corporate cock so the time you're not sucking it you have the money you need to do the things you actually want.

And it's times like this I thank the lord for the fact that I don't need to worry about my fingers getting ripped off for a living. Guess if you're careful there's no problem then

nah i'm a contractor my dude
made 190k last year working about 20 hours a week

Buy an expensive looking ring that is cheap
Don't tell ANYONE the price

The doorbell ring with your pizza since you're alone with no woman to care for you because you're a fagget

buy silver gold holds its value better, i got my other half an eternity and shes picked out the ring dhr likrd its about £200 i'll get it when im ready

shes not a money grubbing whore like other women ive been out with

i never buy her flowers if we argue or fall out, i buy them randomly and she appreciates that more and will then spend a good 20 minutes just cutting them and arranging them in a vase

some of you faggots on here have no idea of life outside of Cred Forums, she even comes on here some nights and laughs at all the faggotry

Pfftahaha whatever you need to tell yourself dude. The greatest thing about the USA is that you dont have to play ball with society to get the money you need to do the things you actually want. Just because you and everyone you know cant think outside the box doesnt mean the rest of us cant.

Back when I was making less than 35K USD a year I spent about 5500 on my wife's engagement ring. That was about half of my savings.

My buddy who recently got engaged who makes 135K USD just spent about 15K on his engagement ring.

However much you spend just don't go beyond your means and you'll be fine. The whole ring thing is bullshit and everyone knows it.

It is just culture.

Attached: 1490969354424.gif (392x313, 1.51M)

>i bet you put your kids in school
>nah im a contractor i make munniez
Shit for brains

>it's the first of the month
>mawwww, we're eating meat casserole tonight
fuckin ssi nigger. you know they call that the "crazy check" yea?

I suck government cock. I work for a municipality as a mechanic and make roughly $50k a year. My peers working for Cat make about $15K more, but have to buy their own tools.

The best part of my job, outside of 6 weeks of various PTOs? We're not tax funded. We charge a tipping fee to trash companies and individuals. We're 100% self-funded, and pay for about 75% of the city's Environmental Services' budget.

I don't wear one just because I hate having 'extra' shit.

Attached: GoT Anime.jpg (1200x1781, 202K)

Bait is obvious bait, but:

Rule of thumb is generally 2-months income on an engagement ring, with the average cost around $6,000. It’s the single most important piece of jewelry your lady friend will ever own & almost constantly wear, so it’s a big deal. You’ll probably want at least a 1 carat stone - anything else looks awkwardly small.

Now, there are ways to spend less & still give her an impressive looking ring. Cubic zirconia (artificial diamond) is an option, if you’re on a budget, and honestly, nobody’s going to be able to tell the difference in day-to-day life, unless you hang out with gemologists all the time. Another (more natural) option is colorless sapphire, which is almost as hard and bright as natural diamonds, at a fraction of the cost. You’re really not going to get past the cost of the metal, but go with a lower carat white or yellow gold, like 10 carat or so.

And remember, if you’re not willing to pony up for your girl, there are plenty of other guys who are.

Spend the $100 on a cock ring.

>triggered

Go on etsy. Tons of stuff. Look up reputable sellers with tons of ratings. Communicate to them exactly what you want for a custom order. Should be under $1000. Jewelry stores are fucking ripoffs.

>>Don't have to play ball with society
>>Lives in country is founded on principles of cooperation and compromise and acceptance

ok

kek

Wow man you sure thought about that one real hard, yes i must be talking about welfare/disability. Way to go champ, you might place at the mentally handicapped olympics after all.

Where does this rule of thumb come from? Absolutely retarded. You shouldn't tell your fiance the price anyways.

Who takes a shit after showering?

>retarded

Shut the fuck up, brainwashed faggot. If your girl is staying with you because of the ring you buy her, you shouldn't be putting a ring on her finger in the first place.

Ok, enjoy Amway.

Attached: 1489210030874.gif (720x720, 1.44M)

i am married to my trade, my vocation

A woman who still has issues with time management, that's who.

symbol of eternal love, the humble wedding ring has been about for years, older than any of us and still as important as ever. While the design of weddings rings is becoming more modern in many cases, the tradition and symbolism of the ring is as strong today as it’s ever been.

The wedding ring is an emblem of love through time, a symbol of devotion and an agreement between two parties to love and cherish one another for the rest of their days. Wedding rings are, of course, circular in shape and this in itself carries a symbolic meaning for the couple getting married.

Attached: download (9).jpg (257x196, 15K)

>he says i cant think outside the box
>ill show him
>posts peep meme frog gif
I am BTFO

'Escorts'

Attached: Miracles happen.jpg (947x847, 95K)

this people get it

my other half knows what the ring will cost, she picked it, i want her to have something she likes and not spend thousands on something she wants to go out and lose

watch bridezilla/don't tell the bride

those women should be avoided at all costs

below is the ring my woman wants

Attached: 9DIA136.jpg (1000x1000, 60K)

>larping that you make $60k/year
cute

>he's larping that he makes over $60k/year
>he's larping that a girl would be interested in him when he's never even purchased a house or car
yikes

Nigga either you're poor or she has dogshit taste

old standard was 3 months
new standard is 3 paychecks

I got engaged when I was 19, 3 paychecks was $2000, never saw that ring again when I caught her cheating 6 months later

treat buying a ring like a trip to vegas, only spend as much as you're willing to lose

it's not hard to count to 10 in a thread these days since they've disabled self bumping and threads stay alive for 6 hours

It depends on how much she wants a ring not for monetary value. It depends how much you earn and ultimately what you can part with in one go, bare in mind she is already yours. I'm married 3.5 years at 29, think long and hard how you do it, don't get it debt, I'd advise don't buy the dress unless you are wealthy, we spent £2000 for a dress which was worn for 12 hours, but it was my wife's dream day so who cares.

Wedding rings were insurance in case the man went and got himself ded for some reason, leaving behind a widow with no income.

If you're actually looking for real advice never buy from physical buildings, they drastically overcharge on everything to make profit, pay the building bills employees, etc. Instead buy online through a place like James Allen that has a extremely good reputation. They also have state of the art 180 degree videos of all diamonds and gems that you can zoom up to x20. You can see all the characteristics you wouldn't otherwise see with the naked eye so you know exactly what you're getting.

Also a place like James Allen is basically wholesale pricing. The emerald ring I bought was $3900 and the one I looked at in store was more than double the price and the emerald was of lesser quality to boot. I actually couldn't believe the price difference and the fact the emerald was trash quality. Go through James Allen trust me.

And yes $100 is way to low. You should at least try to spend $1000. If that's your range go with a moissanite diamond, artificially created diamonds are vastly cheaper and 98% of people can't tell the difference.