Hi b

Hi b,

I’m going to be homeless and living out of my car soon. In the northeast during winter, I’m pretty worried about staying warm.

Any tips?

Attached: 889FACB8-C4B3-444E-A7E7-2042C11F1214.jpg (736x552, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-EN0zbwnC8s
youtube.com/watch?v=UyXzn9-Rcg0
freecampsites.net/
ag.ndsu.edu/winterstorm/winter-storm-information-family-1/stalled...-ut-safe/heating-and-ventilation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

drive south?

fuck some tree

Public Libraries are warm and dry. They also have WiFi. And clean bathrooms.

If you put a hose in your tailpipe and then into your car, While the engine is on it will make the vehicle warm. especially at night. you're welcome.

Pretty much covers it.

I’m still going to university, just lost my job and kicked out of my parents

>lost job
>parents kicked me out
why?

Get a dog and cuddle with him

Putting a trashcan liner inside a sleeping bag around your feet can keep them warm.
Sorry about your shitty situation, op.

Attached: Screenshot_20200109-064311_Twitter.jpg (719x726, 149K)

you can stay with me but I'm going to pimp you out. come join my stable, homo

A little known fact is that Walmart allows overnight parking.

Get a diesel heater, for around $100 on ebay

lol your feet will freeze in your sleep and you'll get gangrene

say bye to atleast one foot

maybe you could put in a wood stove?

Hi OP ive been homeless for ages, lived in 4 different vehicles AMA. Get a mr buddy heater from walmart, $70 runs on the little green propane bottles, or bigger propanes if you wanted. Use that while you are awake. For sleeping just get milsurp mountain down sleeping bag, poncho liner and thin fleece. That will keep you warm at night into the negatives for ~100 bucks. You could also buy some hot hands, little hand warming things. They stay warm all night.

Truck stops usually have shower and laundry facilities.

For one night, two in a row if youre lucky

lost job and kicked out hahaha

you must be a real piece of shit OP
just give up now

pic related OPs license plate

Attached: 1579419049827.jpg (468x547, 47K)

This is super helpful, thanks man. Hope all is well

He said northeast genius.

Pro advice here son. Go to Home Depot, buy some construction blankets. The big one cover yourself head to toe in it. It is a thick blanket which basically impenetrable by air. And it will keel the coldest cold outside while inside the blanket is your temperature . Protip don’t sleep with heater on u will end up retarded

Hey OP, you need to tell us why you got fired and kicked out

Shits great. You can run the little heater at night too, but the problem is the little green tanks only run for 6 hours so you will wake up cold at some point needing to cover up. Also while you run the thing you will need to keep a window cracked. Propane is clean burning, the mr buddies give off no CO but propane heat puts out a lot of water vapor that will drench the windows if you dont vent it.

This is some dumb shit those blankets are useless i have tried this listening to some dipshit contractor dude that sounded just like you.

get a gym membership for showers and stuff

ill tell ya what, propane is the safest clean burning fuel on the planet bobby

Stay warm

Start stealing money from people OP, you just gotta change your ethics a little.

Theft is nothing, if anything its a just a very mild form of bullying, if you rob $200 from someone who is making $1000 a week its the equiv of being the school bully and taking $5 of someone who gets $25 a week pocket money and we all know school bullies get away with assualts, theft etc,...so can adults!

if caught just say you got raped when you were 12 and cry, that's what women to do get out of jail every day.

If you rob say 10 people in a week, that's $1000 - $2000

The chances of getting caught are quite small, you can also rob houses.

Stealing from a house is the equiv of being in highscool and taking someones ruler or pen, if someone has assets of over say $200k and you take a few hundred dollars worth of cash or jewrelly from there hosue its nothing.

use said money for housing, food and general comforts, its fine too bully, no one cares,

Get a hot water bottle put it at the tip of your sleeping bag under your feet. Also get a girlfriend. If you position one of those on your dick it will stay warm, alternatively if you get hungry you could just eat her and then use her skin as a coat. But while she is alive sleep next to her and use her warmth.

I am bipolar and a delivery driver and decided to just go home while on a delivery. Work called a bunch but I didn’t answer nor called back.

My dad is an incredibly controlling person and opens my mail and knows my account details for almost everything. He also controls my bank account. I had a lot of money saved up and took it out in cash and packed my essentials and left. I’m now going to at least try finishing and doing well this semester while trying to find an apartment closer to college.

Park in the deepest snow drift possible and leave the engine running. Let us know how that works out in the Spring user.

this

Saw this video awhile ago, maybe it'll help you out

youtu.be/-EN0zbwnC8s

Shitting in your pants helps you to keep warm

Buy a house.

Avoid niggers in all aspects of life.

Just get a ton of blankets, your body heat will keep you warm if you're insulated well enough, even in below 0 temps

>get a girlfriend
>is homeless with no money
user...

Does your school have student housing? If so then you should try to get into a dorm. You will NOT be able to sleep well in a car nor do well in school.

How to freeze to death with Anonymous

You what? Have no perspective and no real life experience? Think about all your posts real hard with your imaginary second hand online experience?
Hmmmm

Do what you can to get gas money to drive south.
Go to hotels for free breakfast. .. try to sneak in the back.. wait for someone to swipe in and hold the door for you.
Holiday Inn and Hampton in have nice breakfasts... make sure their parking lots are full so you can blend into the crowd.

Buy a house in Detroit for $500

Churches usually have food pantries. They can also refer you to whatver services are available for the homeless.

Well, say he panhandles 200 bucks a week. With half of that money he could purchase a little bit of meth, I'm sure that their is a meth head out there willing to be his girlfriend for some meth and car shelter.

If you are going to a university, then do your best to sleep in the library of said university.
Trust me everyone does this

Shit for brains shut in retard doesnt even know you can make over 200 in a day panhandling
You could buy a real gf with panhandling money

get a mr buddy heater, dont leave it on all night
get some reflective insulation panels and put them up against all of your windows
stack blankets above and below you for warmth
dont sleep in your clothes, sleep nearly or fully naked.

Go to human resources for info not churches. Churches are bullshit.

>kicked out of my parents
maybe you shouldn't have been doing drugs and fucking men...

I was being conservative. Obviously OP isn't a very charismatic or motivated person so I'm not sure he'd pull very high numbers.

Op you fucking fgt there's like one more month of winter. Do everyone a favor and gas yourself in a garage.

You dont have to be charismatic. You do need to be motivated. Free money is a pretty fucking good motivation though.
I made $1300 over the weekend asking people for a dollar while i got drunk outside a bar.
Its easier to motivate when the required effort is so low.

Its still cold dude what the fuck is wrong with you

Part time vancamper here, for four years now, DMV area.
Those little Buddy heaters are the bomb for occasional heat.
Do leave windows cracked, even overnight when you're not running the heater. The risk is very real.
WalMart and Home Depot are usually safe to park overnight. Move daily.
Put down a foam slab to sleep on. A twin size fits in the back of a minivan.
Hang dark fabric inside (use little spring clips) to escape the notice of straight world folks and the flashlights of the pigs. Non-reflectively insulate windows if you can, but a cheap 10-yard roll of cloth as a drape goes a long way.
Metal lidded applesauce cans make great pisspots. A bucket with a garbage bag liner makes a great garbage can and emergency commode.
Surplus cold weather military sleeping bag is the warmest sleeping item I've used.

go to goodwill, get more blankets, if money's tight and you cant run the car for heat, the only warmth you'll get is from yourself.

in the army we have our sleep system, 2 sleeping bags and a water tight outer cover, jam a blanket at your feet, and sleep on a pad.

I can spend all night under the night sky, coldest I had so far was 6 Fahrenheit, and I slept in my undies.

layers user, layers

Coldest for me been -14 f
Haha loser

Show me one instance of someone freezing with 15 blankets on them. Go ahead, I'll wait. Jackass.

I dont have to prove shit to you, you're retarded and wont listen to anything that doesnt align with your narrative anyways. Go outside with 15 blankets next time its below freezing then see if you stay warm moron.

As others have stated, a cheap gym membership for showers, and it's a great way to keep in better shape.
Fringe living in general is good for improving your health and resourcefulness, as long as you have money for food.
I vancamp to work, so I eat at work using their microwave. Those veggie steampacks are great. When I'm out, I mainly only eat fruit, vegetables, and some random snacks.
Street parking is also fine, as long as you're not noticable/suspicious to the locals. I have overnighted fairly frequently in DC. Again, move daily.
Keep active. The stress of hiding in plain sight and of doing something that is taboo will be significant. Physical activity offsets the psychological wear.
Hot weather is harder to deal with than cold, ime. In the summer I don't sleep well.
Lastly, to all the little safe suburbanite boys who still don't do their own laundry yet felt the need the comment: I have two girlfriends, both very awesome in their own rights. Yes, they know, we're all poly here. They overnight with me sometimes, and describe it as "cozy" and "the napmobile".

>I dont have to prove shit
That's because you're talking out of your ass, like a faggot that's had his ass rammed one too many times.
I can go outside with a coat on and stay warm, you fucking moron. It it gets colder, know what I do? Put on another layer of clothing. You absolute retard. How the fuck have you not wandered into oncoming traffic yet?

>trashcan liner
eurofag here who doesnt know what that is

Found the nigger.

Fuck thieves and fuck you, you filthy subhuman.

get a home

Way to prove him 1000% right user.

Sell your car for meth.

Might as well get it over with, you degenerate swine.

It is obvious that you've never tried to sleep outside in the cold. Fuck yourself pleb.

Why dont you go donate to a campaign or watch the news or something, Cred Forums isnt for you normie try Cred Forums instead

You could also stop doing drugs
That's a real money saver

You can either show that I'm wrong or go eat a dick. I think we both know which one you'll be doing.
Also OP said he was going to be sleeping in a car you dumb nigger, not outside on the fucking ground.

Attached: 428.jpg (734x520, 77K)

So... Why did your parents kick you out, user? Whats the story here?

anything to use as a skirt for your car (block the gap between the ground and bottom of the car) will help keep the heat in
layers are better than a single thick coat/blanket/pants
if your feet and/or hands are cold while in a sleeping bag, get naked. it will help the heat from your core get to your extremities
a car cover will help reduce heat loss through the windows, glass is a shit insulator
stay clean, dirt fucks with your body's ability to regulate temperature
get a good wool or polypro hat, your head radiates more heat than the rest of your body
try to have a hearty meal before going to sleep, your metabolism (source of body heat) slows down the hungrier you are

modern cars' emissions are too low to an hero that way

Get some hand warmers and some thick wool socks user!

Attached: Screenshot 2019-12-14 at 8.19.45 PM.png (841x608, 86K)

A candle in a coffee tin will warm a closed up car all night and not kill you.

build a heat sink
ceramic flower pots nested w/ ~1/2" between each opening down
burn a candle underneath it for ~1hr
will radiate heat most of the night

Seething. Git gud fag you know absolutely jack shit and i am laffin at you

One user recommends military sleeping gear and fleece.. The other posts meme reaction images and recommends 15 blankets for car camping..
Hmmm....

Fucking zoomer

There you go, suckin' dick like a faggot, I knew you'd go for option two.

Attached: 1477329200390.jpg (316x450, 24K)

Elaborate plz? Burn a candle btwn flower pots? Not fully understanding.

>What is hyperbole

Attached: 1478332980309.jpg (884x800, 68K)

fire

>hes not engaging me and calling me a retard instead i better post memes and say hes sucking dick!!!1

I spent the entire winter in the Midwest. Without heat. It can be done, but it will change you. 24-7 cold will affect your people skills.

Sleep warm, no matter what it takes. I used sleeping bags. Keep the top of your head and your kidneys covered. All the time.

A hot meal will become as good as sex. I caught myself wanting to growl at people. Don't.

A feeling of warmth and well being is the first symptom of hypothermia.

Wow.

purchase a military sleeping bag. You're welcome

go to lewiston maine be some somalians bitch

build a cabin

be gay

Still waiting for you to tell me how I'm wrong, retard. If you want to act like a retard, expect to get treated like one. You retard.

I know right? A whole new word you never knew about!

get used to sucking dick

Cope

Are you sure you aren’t better off dead?

You've got a lot of helpful tips, but if you're attending Uni, don't be afraid to reach out to the emergency financial aid section if you have one. I know my Uni does and they've given people a dorm to stay in in situations like this free of charge. Good luck OP

Yes

construction
more pots = longer cool down

Attached: flower pot heat sink 1.jpg (620x471, 45K)

The nearly/fully naked advice is actually really sound. Clothing kills heat escape which minimizes the benefits of the insulation you sleep in... assuming you have adequate insulation to begin with

heat it up like this
any heat source will work
candles are fairly easy to acquire, last long enough to do the job, and don't release enough co2/co to be dangerous

Attached: flower pot heat sink 2.jpg (737x1024, 61K)

Walmart has moving blankets for 5 dollars. They make good pads too if you later them.

Inside of a van like that can be colder than just sleeping outside unless you have a way to block hot air from getting out and cold air from coming in. If you crack a window to let fresh in you're letting cold air pour in while letting hot air escape.

Watch a bunch of stealth camping videos on youtube.

Except for the bathrooms that are used by homeless people. Those reek of body odor and every other foul stench

They are meant to keep shit from banging together in the back of a truck not for keeping warm

Cuddle up with another homeless person, bonus points for older man to show you the ropes.

Attached: 1573245187387.jpg (550x950, 67K)

OP won't mind the company of other homeless people. He's one of them now.

Fuck you, thief!

Inside of cars is same temp as outside no matter what anyone on youtube says. There is no way to keep your car warm without some form of heater.

Attached: 1571234566367.jpg (484x3438, 487K)

And the are stuffed with the same poly fill as the 30$ cheapest comforter there. Get 6. Final a reasonable value for the cheapest material on Earth.

Thanks! I car camp on occasion and this seems like a decent solution.

Keep suckin' that schlong

Attached: 1488497055501.png (1256x708, 716K)

That image made me laugh, have a "you"

They wont keep you warm dude i have tried

Cope

>that's the wrong type of sleeping bag, only good to like 40 degrees.
>put insulation on the windows, cardboard and bubblewrap sandwiched works great
>join a gym for the free shower daily
>keep your clothes clean
>get a fucking job

Why are you both doing this in the most expensive area in the country to live?

>Both know
>All poly

What lovely people you must be.

Damn. You people are so nice. Just a few, very obvious half-hearted trolls and the rest of you are giving out great advice for free. So good to see what a friendly community Cred Forums has become.

Here, have the smiling face of a toddlerboy who was raped and beaten to death and died with batteries up his ass as your reward.

Attached: 220px-James_bulger.jpg (220x318, 14K)

couple safety points
>don't overheat it, explosion
>don't heat it wet, explosion
>do not touch it or place where you can accidentally touch it, severe burns

Moar

So have i, and they have. Strange that. Suppose you live in a different universe with separate thermodynamics.

Well imo, youre just full of shit but whatever floats your boat. A sleeping bag is a thousand times better than a few moving blankets and packs down smaller to boot. By the way OP is talking about a northeastern us winter which depending on where he is could see temps well into the negatives.

....and I did it in a tent. Strike two.

You're the real piece of shit here, faggot.

what's it's like to feel homeless? I'm 30yo in Russia, having good job but tired of everything and thinking about dropping everything and going to wander streets. advices?

Attached: 9ca7miCYqv8.jpg (720x399, 76K)

What's your address? I'm a little short on cash.

Homeless in russia? Try krokodil.

Attached: krokodilROT1.jpg (295x200, 43K)

If you live on the streets the bears will eat you comrade, join the navy Instead, you can sail the 7 seas in the navy!

Attached: WUdCnI8.jpg (420x394, 132K)

A a garbage bag, you fucking mong. Use your reading comprehension skills you twat, not that that is somehow region specific too, or are you gonna say Euros are taught English different' too? You fucking idiots.
>trashcan
>liner
Hmmm, I wonder what this could possibly mean???
Fucking retards across the Atlantic I tell you.

Attached: go fuck yourself.jpg (329x365, 43K)

It's actual great. Very freeing. Biggest thing is safety. Worrying about getting you head caved in whilst you sleep for being in another bums spot.

Most important thing is to not project your good nature on everyone. The backside of human nature to look down on, ignore, despose of, pick on, is always a shock. Be invisble. It always shocks me with homeless who aren't.

Yeahr if I kill you it's just the equivalent of hunting. You're an asshole and retard. I hope someone catches you by theft and you go into prison

You didnt go into negative temps in a tent and only use a few moving blankets.

I wish i lived in a country with a real military. I feel like i would be in the navy.

Fly some drones. When the bosses say kill, i kill some shitskins. Get a decent wage and spend it on drinking with other soldiers. Live a pretty good life.

But no... I'm swedish. Our navy is two elderly men in a rowboat sharing a shotgun and they never killed anyone.

Homeless in USA is awesome if you can think outside the box. I've seen many videos of bums getting stabbed to death in their sleep by teenagers in russia though. Ymmv.

The solution is you go into an professional camping store and tell them you want to camp in minus degree in a tent. Then they will tell you how you survive it and recommend things to you.

Sucks to be you faggot

Fucking lol

Attached: hypothermia.jpg (630x1939, 443K)

Solid normie advice right here but you better check their expidition logs to see which of the employees you can actually trust to not have you waking up cold with $1k of the wrong gear.

99% of military never kill anyone. Also you're retarded for thinking killing people all day long wouldn't mentally cripple you. You have to be 18 to post on this board autismo

Dumbass.

This. Why'd you get kicked out?

I dunno. I obviously never tried it.

I think i could deal with it though. I mean, i would just be a soldier. It would be the bosses responsibility if they tell me to kill someone.

Yeahr that's what the nazis said.

a partner and a double sleeping bag is a good safeguard against hypothermia
if your core body temperature starts dropping it is hard to get it up again by yourself
by sharing body heat with another if your temp goes down your partner's temp will raise yours

our military doesn't take anybody above 27. I'm useless for the military unfortunately

could I go to USA to hang out with niggers?

Attached: kfJbrl_aR4c.jpg (1080x1049, 129K)

Confirmed soldier faggot who needs daddy government tell him what to do all day. Honestly I already met a few soldiers and all were loosers which weren't able to survive in real world and needed replacement parents. Also everyone participating in infantry is just retarded if he isn't in a higher position.

First you read the thread, then you post.

Dumbass.

You are useless for everyone.

whats a horse

Yea but you could be part of a good military then instead of a bunch of sub human slavs who train like a bunch of retards trying to find a shit in a toilet. Imagine having a military that made a new tank and aircraft but can’t fund it.

Sleeping bag rated the lowest temp you can get, emergency blanket that looks like tinfoil underneath you to reflect body heat, run the cars heat at least once a night, if you can drive south where temperatures are more favorable.

/thread

>$500
kek
Talk about overpaying

Attached: D7686C15-4639-452F-B394-D70FCAB1ED16.gif (177x150, 1.74M)

Grown ass man can deal with whatever the conditions are. The goal is always more important than personal comfort.

Your the guy in his late 20s saying “ I would have joined the military but I would’ve punched a drill sgt in the face” aren’t you user?

idk

Now you are going to be like Ricky from trailer park boys

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (364x252, 49K)

Some tips as I do this (and have in winter) because I'm too cheap to pay for hotels.

*As other anons have suggested, wal mart is usually cool for camping. Never had an issue with them and saw other campers. Seek out 24hr walmarts to have bathroom access all night.

*Its going to be cold. You do not want to sweat under any circumstances, it will lead to hyperthermia. An under blanket or pillows, somthing insulting under you is important and will make a huge difference... anything even card board....which brings me too....

*Pic attached, make some inserts for windows! You will not only sleep better but insulation and security will be improved! Best part, cardboard is free!

+++ pro tip, if you have an extra key...unscrew a bolt from licence plate and slip it behind plate. That way if your key goes missing you can recover extra.

Attached: F2F4OGKJ48PYXH6.LARGE.jpg (320x208, 16K)

>dick around all summer
>spend winters in jail with your boys
I see no problem here

but how does this make a bomb though
its just gonna shatter in place and wont throw shrapnel everywhere

Fill water bottle with toilet cleaner and aluminum foil, put under hot pots

I get by parking for a long time because a passenger vehicle and not RV.

>In the navy

Yes, you can put your mind at ease in the navy.

>Navy is old men
they probably need a hand then in the navy if they are to protect the motherland.

>Get a decent wage and spend it on drinking with other soldiers

Come on and join your fellow man in the navy, more people should take a stand against the bad things happening these days

Tldr they want you as a new recruit, In the Navy that is.

Attached: In_the_navy.jpg (316x315, 28K)

Wool is great for keeping warm. A couple heavy duty Army blankets will do wonders. Never breathe inside your sleeping bag and vent your car from time to time to let out moisture.

if the clay is wet it can shatter with enough force to throw shrapnel
very low risk, but can cause severe injury
so it should be watched for

I just rotate between walmarts and truck stops if i have to stay in one place for a while. Never failed me. Ive only had a walmart give me a notice once in years and years.

Liberty as fuck!

I love the pics of old mountaineers wearing sparse wool clothes then looking at numale beta moutaineers in their neon down suits lol fucking manlets when will they learn

Sounds like a blessing in disguise. Dubs confirm. You're better off now. Good luck. You're on the right track. Hope your bipolar doesn't fuck everything up though.

get a new job, takes a day or two. specially in a college town there are always restaurants looking for a dishwasher, hotels/hostels looking for housekeepers etc. janitor work is the best by far, comfy shifts by yourself at night, listening to podcasts and working at your own pace at $20/h.

>kicked out by my parents
yeah well, normally your 18th birthday present is your own stuff packed into boxes. welcome to adult life, my dude. after you've got a job start looking for a place to rent that's within your budget.

as far as living in the car is concerned
>keeping warm
hot water bottle. use a little propane burner to boil a kettle/pot full of water and pour it into a hot water bottle every night. with a decent minus degree rated sleeping bag and some blankets as well you'll be toasty warm.
>food
fresh meat you'll have to cook that day. a lot of college food is easy enough to prepare with camping gear (mac n cheese, instant ramen, ravioli etc).
parks nearly ALWAYS have an electric bbq in them. clean them up real quick, throw in 20 cents and cook away.
>showering and shitting
being a student you likely have access to this sort of stuff on campus. if you want to do these away from campus though then sign up at the local gym. in the US your gym memberships are retardedly cheap, like $20/month so abuse that. shower, sauna, get fit and shit there all you like 24h.
>where do I park?
friends places
walmart
around university
residential streets near the uni.

but yeah, you wont be in this situation long if you have a brain. takes less than a week to get a job if you're willing to do anything and you apply yourself and even less to find a place to rent.

well, if op is poorfag, and cant afford musty millsurp goodies, a shitload of blankets is not the worst he can so, sleeping in the car is also a great idea.

if he can be insulated he'll warm himself up, people always make the mistake of thinking one layer of thicc shit will warm em.

if I've learned one thing so far, is that dropping a brownie in a hole below freezing sucks, and layers save lives.

especially when the cold air blows past your taint and makes you pucker up, only prolongs the ordeal.

military does not mean it's good, it means it's good enough.

he'd do better buying a few civy bags instead and stuffing them into eachother, bet you can get em dirt cheap at goodwill.

I don't believe durability is his main concern, mainly not freezing to death.

he'll, if OP has "friends" I bet they'd let him stay at their place.

if I were there, and OP isn't a faggot, I'd let him stay with me, maybe lend him some gear, only if he's a trap tho.

What the fuck are you talking about? Where do you live so i can come see your magical goodwill with sub $50 negative temp sleeping bags? Milsurp is far and away the cheapest route for good sleeping gear.

Car looks new. Sell it. Buy a good pic related. Ill post more pics and yoi can ask questions

Attached: 1496147540593.jpg (320x240, 14K)

get a load a blankies, and some sleeping bags, your body will make the inside of your cocoon pretty comfy

I think op would do better with cheap goodwill blankets, he might get aids, but he'll have to deal with that

Milsurp is poorfag. A down mountain bag for $80 bucks, sporting equivalent being a couple hundred used.
Versus not sleeping throigh the night because you thought a few blankets and your coat would be good enough.
You know what sucks worse than shitting in negative temps? Not getting enough sleep.

Attached: 1005770_601473839892889_1235570250_n.jpg (960x720, 76K)

Are you employed? Consider getting a class c motorhome.

Attached: 1146712_601473643226242_1006111214_n.jpg (960x720, 72K)

Attached: 1098478_601473736559566_202625751_n.jpg (960x720, 72K)

Attached: 559694_601473693226237_299745782_n.jpg (960x720, 66K)

Think about layering and try to use Merino wool clothing, especially socks and gloves, but really as much as you can. It'll keep you warm even if wet, but try not to get wet, obviously.

Do your best to get another job, so you can make money, get a gym membership so you can use their showers and bathrooms in the mornings and/or evenings. You can find basic survival skills on YouTube, and I don't mean the "I'm stuck in the wilderness with nothing but Paracord and a tarp" videos.

get an apartment or house. Most have heat in them

Attached: IMG_20130607_103951.jpg (2048x1536, 274K)

*laughs in being a certified welder straight out of highschool because enlisted*

Paracord and a tarp is all you need fam

ok sport, give it a shot.

you are literally fucking retarded

this guy has some good videos about it

youtube.com/watch?v=UyXzn9-Rcg0

Attached: 971005_601473599892913_1067960006_n.jpg (960x720, 84K)

I see your van at the beach and raise you bus on a boat

Attached: image000000.jpg (2592x1944, 1.17M)

Same boat, but I'm just tired. Working on a plan to kill myself once I figure out all the details and loose ends to clean up

What do you during the summer when it’s hot?

Also what do you do if your car needs to go to the shop?

Just go find some drugs cult in the desert and let them break your brain with psychadelics

Attached: 972306_575784712461802_77739064_n.jpg (960x717, 28K)

I have my tool box and i fix it myself usually. Take care of your car. Always put some money aside for anything you cant do.

Not him but i never have a problem getting mobile mechanic services. If you have to sit at a shop ive never been to one that wouldnt let me sleep there at night in my vehicle

Light a candle in the cold nights, you will stay above freezing, but it will be fing cold

Ohh and when its hot im usually at the beach. Some beaches you can live on for less than 20 bucks a year

eh psychedelics fuck me up with a base brain fear response. I'd rather drink myself to death

Thats why you join the cult, they keep you safe and suck your dick when you start freaking out. Win win dude. Also you can still drink.

>boat
>boat
Hivemind.

Same poster, summerfag.
It's a rich area of the country, with proportionate salaries. I go there for work and leave when I'm not working.
As far as anyone's loveliness, you aren't qualified to hear about it.

>Fly some drones. When the bosses say kill, i kill

My friend who did this drank himself to death, and I am in the process of doing the same

and if that's not enough you can let your dog mount and fuck you, guarantee you will keep warm then

go south?

The beach kicks ass

Solid infographic user

Drive south you dumb faggot

Yeah also
freecampsites.net/

Ever had to take off the dog house? Looks like it would be the biggest pain in the ass.

go to your bank open a new account and change your fucking passwords.
when daddy calls tell him to fuck right off.
if he asks for something tell him to fuck right off.
best thing i ever did was cut ties with ol dad

Damn, I should go to jail

I don't think I've ever met a veteran who didn't regret his life in this country, idk what you're on about

Its missing one big thing though... When SLEEP NAKED!
i cannot emphasize this enough. Clothes will block heat. In a decent sleeping bag wearing clothes doesnt let you use your body heat

SLEEP NUDE . undies are fine but no other clothes. Keep them in your bag but dont use them

No pic related?

I dont think thats how that works but nice dubs. Have another pic.

Attached: rsz_0112201649_2.jpg (2656x1494, 737K)

>My dad is an incredibly controlling person
My pappy is paying my way in life and I don’t like his rules
Fixed that for you

Its not. Its isnt actually bolted down or anything its built in place so weight and shape keep it solid. I could empty the whole van in less than an hour if ever needed and assuming it wasnt going back in

Attached: 20131126112026mallory.jpg (420x240, 26K)

Kek

I hate dog houses. You're lucky.

Women who would take care of this idiot are a dime a dozen.

got a gym membership for showering

Attached: 24328785-5311-426b-9afe-9f37fe06cee1.jpg (400x300, 29K)

Not OP but I guess it is related to him and his sister

get**

Otherfag.

Only milsurp place near me is expensive as shit.

I've never seen a Goodwill near me (and I enjoy thrift shopping) with a sleeping bag.

I got a $100 something dollar sleeping bag from an outdoor store here called "big five" for $25 on black Friday. Wasn't even trying to, just had a camping trip coming up with a friend and we finally got around to shopping for it on... The day after Thanksgiving. I never intentionally go black Friday shopping, but I was drunk. As a bonus, there were only two left - one for me, one for my friend.

Not that any of this helps OP, but there's my areas vote on price and availability of quality sleeping bags milsurp v Goodwill v outdoor store

OPs car looks pretty cozy if you ask me. Selling a car and finding pic related with no mechanical problems will take time.

Passenger vans really are choice to live in. Did a year in one.
The downside is, if you care about hiding your presence as a (likely illegal) nomad, is that they are super conspicuous.

don't get cold. That should stop you from getting cold

Chicken permission

So a few more tips for van life
1. Learn a trade. Easy af to find work and a lot off times you can sleep in the van on a jobsite
2.have a small heater and 200ft 10g extension cord on a roll. You might be surprised how many unused electrical outlets there are in the world
3. At least a 12 gallon water tank.
4.read read read!
5.take care of your van! It is your life and deserves it. Never shurk an oilchange or new tires and brake . check fluids regularly.

This user is correct, sleep deprivation will drive you nuts. They intentionally sleep deprived us in my military training just so we could become familiar with the effects. It sucks.

Also, that looks cozy as fuck user. I would straight ass live there. As it is, my homeless friend is staying in my bedroom so I'm pretty much living in my living room/open kitchen. Also, I've always been obsessed with the idea of alternate living or "tiny homes" and shit like that.

Homeless person dies in car fire

When I was 16 my parents kicked me out, i went to DC and lived in Union station where it was open 24/7 and I could sleep in a Johnny rockets booth after it closed, always warm, just learn to deal with bums and blacks

>I am homeless, what should I do?
>Don't be homeless

Space Blanket. They reflect a lot of heat, but aren't breathable. You can lay on one, but sheets on top of it are good. You can put it on top of you, but will wake up wet.

frig off Ricky

I have the sleep system from the Army. Its like 2 sleeping bags and then a waterproof sleeve. I slept outside in it for weeks at a time. It was cold enough that we were covered in ice by morning and it worked. I'm not saying I was super comfortable, but it will get you by for cheap especially if he is in a car.

Aside from that those hand warmers are nice.

Good luck op

Attached: 00148_e.jpg (1143x1500, 771K)

Tru, I was focused more on the hypothermia aspect. Hypothermia sucks. I got exposed to it in military training. They do it to you so you know what it feels like. It fuckin sucks.

One piece that stood out to me is shivering is good, it means your body is still trying to warm up. When you stop shivering then you have a problem.

Yeah more like shit wiki info and not real life experience

Yeah, while this is a neat little project it's not super practical or really worth it in OPs situation if you ask me. There's better shit to spend your time, money and energy on. Inb4 "it only costs $6.90"

Try to get a gym pass for warm showers. Snow is an amazing insulant, but if you don't have air circulation it can suffocate you. Maybe convert your car to a quinzhee and get some emergency candles from a dollar store to heat.

Nah, it was still a pretty good infographic imo for someone who has no idea about hypothermia and is about to be in OPs situation.

Attached: why-dont-poor-people-just-buy-more-money.jpg (500x408, 75K)

So you're going perma-camping

Attached: 252872288886.jpg (1024x469, 130K)

You will get as much heat output as the candles, and have poor air quality.

That setup looks fun as fuck. I love mountain biking. Also, is that a fuckin spice rack on the door?

Holy fuck whats it take to just keep the car running with the heat on overnight? Like 2 gallons of gas?

Ffs dont use propane the fumes will kill you

When i saw 20% was dedicated to chemical heat packs and another 20% to talking about how many people die and paradoxical undressing i laughed.

I would bet a lot of people who read that will take the undressing parr as "dont strip to sleep"

The top 30% is solid info though

It it. He probably wanted to spice things up

the point isn't to increase output but to delay
that way you can burn the candle up while you're awake and have a window cracked
then you close the window, go to sleep, and have a long low heat source that won't asphyxiate you or erupt into a large fire

I can already tell thats some faggot. No windows is a sign. When i wake up i wanna see ocean

Site the van so that the front window faces the ocean? I get what you mean, I love me some views too

Would you asshats kindly stop wasting space discussing flower pots and candles? It's stupid.

Where is this?
Is this in a car?

Ah shit, you're right. Paradoxical undressing is when you think you're warm or you're sweating from exertion so you start taking shit off, not stripping to sleep. I've actually done this and been in a t shirt in 5the 30-s. Threw my layers back on as soon as I was done exerting myself, only had them off for 40 minutes or so while I was working my ass off hiking. You should watch out for that shit, but you're right, I hadn't thought about it that way. Also, yeah, chemical packs are bullshit. You have to have planned pretty well to be carrying those, and even then they're not that great and are one time use. I never trained with them

I wanna live in a car and shitpost with dual screens all night

If heat retention is really an issue, lemme run an idea I have if things get serious enough. Lowkey glampers use these propane powered water heaters. They're fairly expensive, but hooking one of those up to a barrel or two of water would probably stabilise the temperature in most small spaces.

That would burn out the battery and shorten the life of the car

Its in that bus
Ayyy

See

So the candle produces more heat with a pod over it?
I don't get this.

get a small space heater and find somewhere with an out door outlet you can use. Depending where you work they might let you. There's a lady at my work who is doing this.

No worries user. Ive been in the van life for almost a decade now so im getting pretty good lol

I’m sorry to hear that. Best wishes; hoping for a speedy recovery.

the candle heats up the ceramic
you can then put out the candle and the heat is slowly dissipated w/o the risk of fire or co2 poisoning
it is not about more heat, it is about longer heat

Landscape plugs and maintenance plugs (by meter bases and outdoor electrical panels) are good places too

Bums use hair dryers. Get a 2nd battery in line and you could run one of those all night long if you wanted

The illegal meme is unfortunate and damaging. It isnt illegal to live like this, and it isnt illegal to park your car and sleep in it everywhere that isnt a yuppie infested tourist trap. Even then, you just have to go outside city limits to sleep.

Isn’t it free to camp in state parks with a matching drivers license?

Alright just confirmed. I have a park 15min from my house.
>with a matching state license its free
>$31 for annual pass

Sorry meant to say $31 for annual pass of out of state visitor

Most state parks cost 15-35 a night with a $10 day pass or 30 annual on top of that. State parks are getting more expensive every year. Its national forests or blm land for free camping. License plate has nothing to do with it.

depends on the state and the park
national forests allow free camping within 100' of a road or trail but not on roads or trails. there are exceptions, usually due to recent fires/floods or overuse
national parks and monuments usually have an entrance fee and only allow camping in designated paid camping spots
state parks, forests, and monuments vary wildly; even within the same state

I miss when thieves had their hands cut off.

Who stole from you user

How would you feel if I stole your homeless house faggot?

Who stole from you? The only thing someone took from me since i was a kid is a gameboy micro.

So you’re okay if I steal your car while shopping?

There are cold-weather sleeping bags. Get one if you have some money. Good (long) sleep is very important for maintaining your mental health while homeless, so don't be shy about spending even if you don't have much money. You can go days without food, but one night of poor sleep (esp in the freezing cold) will ruin your motivation, energy, and mental awareness.

>cover your entire body (head to toe)
>wear layers
>wear earmuffs AND a winter hat over that
>wear under armour (or similar off-brand insulated clothing)
>don't skimp out on socks!

I've slept in a car just fine at 7*F snowy weather, but it was my freezing toes that woke me in agonizing pain.

If you can't get a sleeping bag, get 2 thick quilts and one thick blanket. Wrap yourself up in them like a burrito head to toe. The quilts will warm your body, but the thick blanket will act as windbreaker material to keep out any cold breezes.

Don't use a propane tank in your car to operate a heater! It can be done if you're lucky or desperate enough, but its extremely dangerous.

Finally, remain incognito. In a bad neighborhood people might fuck with you if they see you sleeping. In a good neighborhood, people might call the cops. Get your windows tinted ($200) or cut out some black foam boards to shape. These look just like tint from the outside. Maybe you can use black trash bags if they're taut enough.

Good luck.

Who stole from you?

Great, just wanted to be sure.
I’ll pick it up at your next bathroom break.

Indoor propane heaters are safe and zero emissions.

Who stole from you user lol
Since you refuse to answer im assuming no one

The only faggot who defends thievery is someone who’s never been robbed before.

Even thieves hate being stolen from fuckwit.

No one is defending anything lmfao im asking you a simple question over and over again while you melt down for some reason you refuse to elaborate on
Who stole from you?

A multi-wick candle OP. Seriously, we kept a small tent warm with it going continuously overnight. Get some cheap ones at walmart or get dollar store garbage and tape them together in a tin can
ag.ndsu.edu/winterstorm/winter-storm-information-family-1/stalled...-ut-safe/heating-and-ventilation

Attached: il_794xN.1719520947_ew3c.jpg (794x794, 95K)

Attached: BADDC0C4-753E-42B8-8D99-E42C0AB13439.png (244x226, 5K)

Enjoy shitting in a bucket Op

The only posts in this thread from me are the ones asking you who stole from you. How did you get like this? Who stole from you?

Shitting in a bucket is awesome. Did this for years when we lived in a house with one bathroom. Fuck waiting to take a shit.

I'm guessing no one, we just hate nigger way of living

Attached: 1579150480128.jpg (616x950, 122K)

Put a kitchen bag in that bucket and have a seat on top of it. When you're done dropping ass, piss and mcdonalds napkins in there tie it in a knot and toss it in the nearest dumpster. No clean up.

Attached: 1579482167556.png (303x311, 179K)

Maybe. But that's information too risky to just accept without doing thorough research first based on which model you're buying and the condition of your car.

Mr buddies are the standard for indoor propane heaters. Ive used them for 6 years in tents, trailers and 3 different models of vehicle full time. Ran it 24/7 last winter. I always put a CO detector above it and it always reads 0. If i wasnt out of propane right now id prove it.

Come to Minnesota and we can be homeless together. I even have my own car

Where at?

Here's 2 general tips for homelessness.
1) Get a gym membership, showers and physical training are pretty important especially the former
2) Go to the library for internet and entertainment purposes, preferably after you've cleaned up. You can use a computer to search for jobs

In Minnesota.
Can’t you read?

As someone who used to live in the Northeast... You will freeze to death.

Get a kerosene heater and make sure a window is cracked. You might still die.

Even an inverter and electric heater probably wont work in Northeast winters. You will either kill your battery overnight, or you'll seize your engine up running it at idle overnight and the oil wont circulate to all areas of the engine.

For fucks sake, which part of it

first things first set up your sleeping area, a plywood board can make these things a little more comfortable since it will be a solid sleeping platform.

Then look at ways to keep the temperature stable in the car: cutting foam insulation for the windows might be a good idea here if you go this route put the insulation on the inside of the car so you dont break your windows to thermal shock, also they need to be removable for driving or you could get a pretty hefty ticket.

Get more blankets, if you can fit it: a mattress can do wonders to keep you warm, you might be able to fit a twin mattress in there if it is pretty thin, if not you could go buy a few mattress toppers and use those as your bedding.

Find a place for you to shower and use the toilet, I went through this sort of thing last summer, but it was also summer so there were things I didn't have to worry about, I stayed at a campground for $75 a week there it was quite relatively safe, and they had a public shower and toilet.

You should probably keep at least a week of food and water in your car, if it snows that Subaru isnt going to be able to do much once it gets past 4-6 inches, make sure some of the food is high calorie food, because they will save you in the winter.

Since it is winter you can keep some more perishable foods, get a cooler and a few ice packs, when it is cold at night put the ice packs out side on the roof of your car, when it warms up past freezing put the ice packs in the cooler.

Yep, theres no homeless people in the north east. Definitely.

The eastern part but I have nothing keeping me here so I can go anywhere

Wanna go cross country together in the summer? Im goin to west coast

I hope you get shot

I lived in farm land. Homeless dont survive very well outside of cities. Subway vents throw serious heat.

Contact? Discord preferred

OP check /out/
There’s always a bunch of stealth campers on that board.
The hitchhiking threads have a lot of good advice too

Attached: 1575943340607.jpg (450x540, 47K)