What do you think about .357 magnums?

What do you think about .357 magnums?

Attached: BCC9A961-2B0B-4FD6-A470-DC2A02C38746.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4qY4bTUx-94
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ehs a bretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything

Sexy

Love them.
Can shoot .357, .38+P and .38
Very versatile and a .357 will stop anybody in 2 shots or less

9mm is superior. Not stopping power, but availability, fps, cost.

Shot my finger of with one, pretty reliable gun I would say

Best gun in Half Life 2.

It's a nice heavy gun to throw at someone trying to hurt you.

Pair it up with a Henry .357 lever action carbine and you've got quite a pair. You can do anything from playing cowboy to regular hunting to doing the survivalist thing.

Attached: Henry_357-lever.jpg (1155x1155, 34K)

9mm are for cucks

love my GP100 personally.

Attached: GP100B.jpg (576x348, 65K)

>availability
I've never had a shop or online vendor say "sorry, we don't carry .357".
>fps
.357 mag has higher fps
>cost
Stop being poor.
In reality this is just cope.
If cost matters that much, buy a .22.
You aren't shooting 500 rounds a week anyways.

It’s a good weapon

Simple to operate. Rarely fails. Kills people dead.

never really liked the idea of 6 shooters,i dont know.id rather have a glock with 17 rounds in a magazine that i can load in 2 seconds then fire 6 rounds and maybe wound the guy enough so im not nervous as hell trying to reload it

and yes,i know they have speedloaders

Bein' that it's the most powerful handgun in the world and can blow your head clean off, you have to ask yourself, do you feel lucky.

i will admit,ive never actually shot a magnum.perhaps i should and maybe my idea of revolvers would be different?

I'm more of a .44 mag guy myself but nothing wrong with .357.

looks really secksy

or in terms of my issue with the 6 rounds,is it because revolvers are more powerful then regular handguns are if you havent wounded someone after 6 rounds of a .357 magnum enough to calmly load 6 more rounds into it your doing something wrong

because i gotta admit, .44 magnums have always interested me but the whole idea of only having 6 shots when i can have a glock that can hold 19 shots is alot of the reason why ive always stayed away from revolvers

I love my security six. Even if it’s only six round I feel comfortable using it for self defense because I’m pretty sure I only need to hit someone once or twice.

>because revolvers are more powerful then regular handguns
10mm would like a word with you.

eh,ive talked to people about 10mm before,but it seems more like a hunting caliber then something for self defense

Trips of pure truth. That's a good ol' dose of reality right there.

On deck

Attached: 20200120_204151.gif (640x343, 626K)

im a noguns eurofag but sometimes i want a gun just to autism and clean it and reassemble it. realistic immitation airsoft will have to do

Attached: 1575121149433.jpg (582x574, 22K)

It was originally a duty pistol round, thing was literally invented to kill people, not animals.

small penors unite.

>thing was literally invented to kill people,not animals

lol,you sound like a libtard

Just kind of a 'roided up nine mil.

Not bad, but I prefer .44 or 10mm.

The .22 is severely underrated.
It can penetrate 11 inches of ballistics gel and 2 layers of denim at 100 yards and people act like it'll just fucking bounce off of you.
Granted it won't knock you to the ground, it can still kill you deader than shit.

No need to get pissy, we all had to start somewhere.

not getting pissy,ive had this discussion before and more people have told me that 10mm was more or less made for hunting and isnt good for self defense

either way,if its a good alternative for a handgun round thats like a magnum then whatever.im kinda tempted to just get an assault rifle though,my issue is.i dont really want a 9mm but im thinking about just getting one anyway and using an ar 15 or ak 47 for something with a bit more power

The gun cleaning autism is real and it's great. These machines are so simple and yet elegant.
Guns are machined. Each gun no matter how cheap has to have the slide and barrel machined. It's not common to have consumer products these days that are machined and no other product except maybe car engines are machined to as tight tolerances as guns. Taking car engines apart and inspecting them is kind of time consuming, but a gun you can do in seconds. They are a work of art inside.

10mm is a snowflake round where I live.
I like the idea of it but I’ve already got a .45acp.
I really don’t need a gun in a hard to find caliber.

It was made to be a compromise between lower capacity, higher enery revolvers and higher capacity, lower capacity pistols.

>the whole idea of only having 6 shots when i can have a glock that can hold 19 shots is alot of the reason why ive always stayed away from revolvers

This is the exact reason it exists. jeff copper and the bren arent exactly obscure or secret things. Feel free to look into it for your self.

normalfags have this distorted views on calibers, if they even know what that means, from movies and games. like, smaller caliber -- lose less HP.

Right. A .22 can kill you. Dead. You're not more or less dead than if a .50 cal kills you. You're just fucking dead.

>snowflake round

i can smell the soy from your city from here,just remember.republicans have better training and have actually shot the guns they own.unlike you libtard hipsters with your communist symbol bandanas and ar 15's

Shot placement is also a big determiner though, would rather get shot in the gut with a .22 than a .50 cal. Still, good shooting will kill.

im the noguns with the airsoft from the post above and i even treat that as a dangerous item. almost got hit in the eye because the spring in the mag shot a BB out at my face when i wasnt paying attention when slotting BBs in

Attached: 1558841281829.jpg (540x540, 44K)

Ok so the scope is a joke but I carry my .357 everyday.
Love it. Wanna get a Rossi Circuit judge revolving rifle.
My tarus 357 hold 7 rounds

Attached: 2CBE6034-EB25-480D-8FD2-F7FC79A9CB52.jpg (750x1334, 237K)

It's kind of a question of how long it takes you to die. If you shoot an assailant with a .22 and you don't hit either the heart or brain, they *might* bleed to death as they are beating the life out of you. If you shoot them with a .50 that's not so much the case.

Right, like said

The one in Half Life is pretty cool.

Attached: 357_HL_world_model_HD.jpg (708x313, 68K)

Why yes I own a .50 Beowulf, how did you know?

Attached: IMG_20191226_222250.jpg (2381x2158, 676K)

Just an opinion here, but I’ve always armed my family and loved ones with revolvers for personal defense.
A revolver will never jam.
Semi autos are a very practical self defense weapon even as a carry weapon and I definitely understand why people use them over a low Ammo capacity revolver.
But, I personally don’t want to find myself in a situation where I need to fire fucking all 19 rounds from a glock at someone.
Cool shit nonetheless tho

It"s a Colt Python. Was out of production for like 10 years, but Colt has just reintroduced it. Not even available in stores yet. About $1500 list right now almost $2000 for those who have to have it NOW.

That's kinda neat.

>But, I personally don’t want to find myself in a situation where I need to fire fucking all 19 rounds from a glock at someone.

i guess,but this depends on how much expierance(since you brought up family and loved ones)they have with revolvers

they'll fire off 6 shots in a stressful situation and maybe hit a couple.but then have to load the revolver with 6 more shots under stress

maybe its just a personal issue,im not saying i 100 percent am against revolvers.but i can see why semi auto's would be better

You're supposed to reload only 2 if you have a pocket full of bullets.
Reload 2, get 2 shots off, assailant thinks you've already reloaded.

youtu.be/4qY4bTUx-94

the only solution is to carry a pistol and a revolver. one for show, and one for the motherfuckers

sounds retarded,have you even shot a gun before? probably some antifa tard who thinks his scrawny arms and communist bandana is intimidating

We get it.
Hillary lost.
Get over it, fag.

Your chances of needing a gun is miniscule. The choice to carry one is personal. However if you've fired 2 or 3 shots and your assailant isn't either already hit on the ground or running away as fast as he/she can, you're in some serious shit.

Its mind blowing

Probably my favorite gun

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

According to Resident Evil games .357 rounds are more powerful than buckshot, so I guess its bretty gud.

Production stopped in 2005.
1996-2005 it was available as special order only.

Dirty Harry used a .44 magnum ya stupid fuk
The most powerful magnum revolver round out there is the 500 SW magnum

Attached: 500 sw.jpg (375x375, 10K)

Dirty Harry carried a .44 magnum S&W model 29. While at the time the movie was made it may have been the most powerful production handgun cartridge, it hasn't been for many years. Still a great round though. Nothing in common with a .357 really, except they are both great revolver cartridges.