I'm a firefighter

I'm a firefighter
AMA
bored as fuck on a night shift

Attached: scania-ultraheavy-appliance.jpg (610x407, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_aW7tQJjoZ0
warstoriesofficial.com,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is being a first responder as traumatizing as the show 9-1-1 makes it to be

firefighter? bored? I can fix that, just give me a box of matches and 3 minutes

Depends man sometimes its days worth of false alarms and bullshit calls then sometimes its fucked never know till you get there
I dont recommend it but gives me something to do just make sure theres no one inside cant be arsed with that

How does it feel to have to wait for pd on every call, second responder faggot

Also fuck you and your faggot coworker that you’re currently fucking

Sage

yeah,i just brought that up because ive watched alot of that show and there's some pretty fucked up shit that happens sometimes(like they had to respond to this car wreck once and the guy was cut in half)

I feel like you guys might know each other, just a hunch

Attached: f9b358841aee6482a9f46bc2cc85bca3f3c5ee1adf8c835c0c46352f5106bdac_1-1.jpg (772x573, 35K)

sometimes its fucked isn't really an answer, is it traumatizing?

i mean,i know its just a tv show but im sure alot of the shit first responders probably have actually seen in real life

some of the events in the show are loosely based off real events you know, granted spread out and some exaggerated

is your team all male?

Ever gotten pussy because of your job?

Smooth bore or fog nozzle?

why did you become a firefighter?

Why aren't you helping with Australia

Box or Engine?

Where are you located?

Never wait for pd to turn up, we have the right to close any roads we want, normally first to arrive then first to leave they just have to stand about and clean up after us.
Honestly rtc jobs are the worst most the time people are out of buildings nowadays but rtc jobs are when you see the really fucked stuff
You work as a crew and were very tight knit and support each other when shit hits the fan but it really can be
Yes
Girls love it had more sex since I joined than ever even on tinder and that girls go nuts over it would recommend Depends on the job man I'm not dragging 70mm hose through a building If I can help it
Because i live in the uk

how big is your hose?

How would you describe the work place energy with it being all male versus places that you have worked that had females. Do you feel it is easier to just relax when it is all male? Do you find that energy to be more draining or more refreshing.

Get paid to work out, girls love it and I like thinking I'm helping somehow, sense of fulfillment moneys shit though England UK
Is this a foreign thing not sure what you're on about

45mm, 70mm then a hose reel
I'd really not like a female on station atmosphere is great we all fuck about with each other and make dirty jokes and shit constantly I know lads on other crews that have women that say that just goes out the window

>I'd really not like a female on station atmosphere is great we all fuck about with each other and make dirty jokes and shit constantly I know lads on other crews that have women that say that just goes out the window
Thats how I imagine it would feel, but honestly I like that in almost any scenario. If I'm not alone with a woman than I don't want her near me.

youtube.com/watch?v=_aW7tQJjoZ0

Personally I have the problem with wearing breathing apparatus in a job with them, were tethered together in teams of 2 and If something happens to me I need to rely on my second firefighter to drag my arse out. I'm 6" 3' and 100kg before my kit goes on thsts all heavy and awkward no way some 5 foot girl could drag me out if I go down and its unsafe on me to go in with them

That makes sense too. I just can't stand them as people I guess.

I love you for what you do. Be safe.

Hey OP, I'm your American counterpart. I've been a firefighter for 16 years. Last 8 months I've been recuperating from falling down a flight of stairs on a run. Hopefully I'll be back on the job soon. Stay safe over there.

What's the pay like? also are you a full time fireman or a volunteer?

I fucked one when she first joined up but they either just try too hard to be blokes, go over the top or make it about them and make everyone watch what they say. A lot are lesbos though

even the lesbos have that 'make it about them' nature.

Ive been fucked by a few firemen and you bastards have serious fucking stamina.

Thanks user that's made me smile you stay safe too
Good to hear from you man, your active ventilation shit looks.mad out there.
Literally fell down a staircase Thursday not off the run but bruised to bits felt a right twat, glad your ok though man must have been pretty serious what happened?
Shit it's a government job, we dont have volunteers in the uk we all get paid True

>made you smile
Good. Thats what I wanted.

You're a good person

tranny get out

We were carrying an unconscious woman out of her home in a stair chair, I don't actually remember what happened exactly, but when I came to I was at the bottom of the stairs with the patient on top of me. Thankfully she didnt remember a thing and didnt get hurt any worse. In fact, she was discharged from the hospital before I was. My back is what has kept me out so long, it's been fucked. Last couple weeks I've finally started feeling better. I'm on a wait list for physical therapy now. Hoping to report for duty by spring.

What's your re entry physical tests like?
Also wanted to ask I'm headed to NYC in a month or 2 for the first time how well does being a firefighter go down there especially with women?

Leather forever fk motor cycle helmets

What is the best thing you have taken from a call?

I just need clearance from a physician, thankfully. It's going to be hard getting back into proper shape after all this time, but I'm ready I think.

Women love firefighters. Hell, everyone loves firefighters here, until it's time to pay the tax bill anyway.

Push on through man I'm sure it will work out, I had a couple months off from tendon damage in my foot back in august I know what the itch is like to get back on the run. I have this idea they're more loved over there than here like people say it's cool and women like it but feel like over your way they go nuts for that shit

So are you. I hope I restored your faith in humanity a little.

My ma burned down her apartment complex from eating a bottle of xanax and dropping a cig the firefighter/emts still tried their fucking best to save her(other than her no casualties). Thanks, you psychopathic goal oriented sons of bitches.

-Sincerely a future call

How do UK firefighters different from American fire departments?

Also is the job worth goin after? Been considering honestly.

Attached: BE95133D-8247-4841-8D79-003AE8303ABB.jpg (1280x853, 168K)

Respect, user.

Attached: 68CE4DE1-1C3B-41C7-89FB-87149D032C9D.gif (141x141, 481K)

You did, thanks
Yeah were a bunch of idiots really think it takes a certain level of mental fuckary to risk your life for that sort of thing just think man it's not just you that's in danger its everyone else who has to go in after you our suits dont make us invincible stay safe and keep us safe, worry to hear about your mum
I dont know too much about the Americans to much to be honest but if you ask any questions I'm happy to answer on how we do things over here.
It's the greatest job going doesnt even feel like work but the pay at least over here is shit Cheers bro

Can you still have a decent life and shit on that paycheck though?

Attached: 1EC91A20-59EA-4FF2-8019-AAE26159E85F.jpg (2048x1367, 579K)

Your accent will work just as well as being a firefighter.

US fire depts are a bit more paramilitary, which is a tradition going back to the years after the civil war when many veterans got jobs as firemen. We also have different strategies, equipment, and staffing. Unlike the UK, something like 90% of US firefighters are volunteers. I myself am a career firefighter, rank of captain. I'm the shift commander on my shifts, accountable to ensure the daily duties are complated, commanding emergency scenes, and doing all the paperwork, etc. We work 48 on and 96 off, which can be awesome or hell depending on how busy you are. Pay is decent, mostly thanks to overtime. I made $100,000 in 2018, though last year only $67,000 due to my injury (no OT).

Why do your sirens sound like dying geese?

Attached: 55D8CB08-A04D-4261-99FC-21D894F34BE4.jpg (525x365, 29K)

We have a fair few vets too, we are still a strict uniform service, yes sir no sir stand to attention all that. Crazy how many volunteers there are thats mental, we do like 5 on 5 off mostly but most people have a second job to supplement it. Painter, plumber, roofer that sort of shit

Because you hear them and they stand out and you can register which direction they come from

So what you're saying is...so far your night has been.. "quiet"?

Re: volunteers, it makes sense when you think about the massive size of the US and how rural much of it is. No sense paying firemen 24/7/365 in towns of 500 people. Usually those towns have fewer than 50 calls per year.

We have retained firefighters for this they get paid a small wage to sit at home or work then have a pager on them, it goes nuts when theres a call and they respond. Good lads pay goes up when their actualy on a shout. What are the crew requirements on a pump over there?

No requirements. NFPA recommends 5 on an engine and 6 on a truck (I think), but they aren't a regulatory agency, so it can't actually be enforced. Most places are lucky to have 4 on an engine. Bigger cities have better staffing typically. Many smaller cities have combo departments, semi staffed apparatus with career firefighters and call men like you described (that don't work shifts) responding from home to the scene. Everywhere is a little different according to need.

>I'm a firefighter
>AMA
>bored as fuck on a night shift

No questions. Just a thank you.

Just finished fire school and going to emt currently. Will every dept do a poly? Also. Tips for interviews? Any and all you can give pls

We have minimum of 4 max of 6 as law
Special appliances have different crewing water carriers, heavy rtc units, aerial ladder platforms ect
Cheers man
I'm from over the pond in the uk mate so I'm not too sure what half of that is sorry mate hope everything works out though

Polygraph. A lie detector test. Cheers from the usa brother

Never had that here mate havent heard about that. Good luck and thanks

Not every dept does a poly. I've gone through 7 different hiring processes in my career and only one had a polygraph.

Check out warstoriesofficial.com,
it's a great podcast for and by first responders.

Attached: stamps.png (500x746, 81K)

What do they test for

Literally your whole life.

That's pretty fucked we don't have that at all here why?

How do you know that someone is a firefigher?

They will always wear off duty shirts lmao

and they will tell you

They just wanna see your integrity levels and stuff. They ask about drugs. Abuse and stuff w spouses. They really wanna see if they can trust you

Oh foe sure. One thing FF love doing is telling the whole world. I'm guilty

There was an user here asking for help, his dick got stuck in some metal thing, as a firefighter, do you help in things like that?

Literally yes

How do I get firefighters (such as yourself) to send me pics...for science?

If there there two babies in a burning building, and only enough time to save one of them, which would you pick?

Urban or wildland?

I liked the videos where teen girls got stuck in the baby swing, and fire fighters got them out, lol

how do I get the job OP?
I've never done any military service but i'm in good shape