My family forgot about my birthday

My family forgot about my birthday.

How was your day, anons?

Attached: 5243453241.gif (449x360, 55K)

Really good. It's my birthday and my family forgot so I haven't had to talk to anyone.

Well happy birthday fren

Attached: 0094.jpg (1424x1080, 213K)

Yeah my mom forgot mine this year too. And it's an easy date to remember. She only called when my wife wished me happy bday on Facebook and my uncle saw it and told her. But. Meh no biggie

Anyways happy bday user, go out and do something for you

Happy Birthday user

When's the last time you reminded them of when it is? Shit, people forget. Now if they knew it was your birthday and didn't say anything, then that's fucked up

I know how that feels, my family threw a big party for my little sister the day before my birthday a few years ago and made a point out of doing literally nothing for me the next day, and when I asked why they didn’t even tell me happy birthday when I had chosen to come home and be with my family for the first time since Xmas since I was away for school that year, they told me I was getting upset for no reason, and kept going on about how much time and effort they put into throwing the party for my sister then telling me how exhausted they were from it, and how they didn’t want to do anything for me, yet they spent the whole month planning her party, I started to realize how they really feel about me compared to my siblings. It really showed me how I couldn’t even go to my family for love and validation, I had to find that on my own.

Felt bad for a while but then I moved on and now I’m happier than I ever remember doing things for myself and having a loving gf who actually treats me well and genuinely loves me instead of relying on validation I needed growing up but didn’t really ever get from my family, and I think a big part of why I’m so much happier nowadays was putting distance between myself and my family.

TL;DR: Go do something that YOU want to do, something that makes you happy, even if it’s just getting drunk and playing vidya. Start forging your own path, leave your family in the dust, and when they crawl back to you telling you how they miss you, at least in my experience it’s just them trying to get you to go back to being their lightning rod so they can tell you you’re not doing good enough for them anyway and to further emotionally abuse you.

That's extremely fucked up that your parents felt that way about you. It takes a special person to feel like nobody cares about you and still have the strength to move forward with nothing but hope that things get better. This inner-strength you have is something that depressed NEETs on this board could learn from

i still have terribly ill defined powers

Yeah...It was hard to come to terms with but at the same time I was bullied a lot growing up, then my mom would always just tell me to not be a victim but never really helped teach me how not to be, so from an early age I taught myself self reliance, that sometimes parents have no idea what they’re actually doing, and that I really can’t trust many people until they more or less prove to me they’re trustworthy, and frankly, people are replaceable in your life if they’re not giving you what you need. Find those irreplaceable people who do matter and help build you up instead of tear you down so you’re still at their level. Rise above that shit.

It didn’t help that my mom was a helicopter parent to me in the sense of constantly controlling me and criticizing me, and trying to pass it off as “tough love,” or how “they only had my best interests in mind,” or “oh but look at you now! Was it actually that bad or are you just looking to get upset?” yet having zero expectations for my siblings and punishing me far harder than they ever did my siblings. Hell, both my siblings stole my parents’ credit cards and spent thousands of dollars each on stupid bullshit separate times, and all they got were slaps on the wrist yet when I took back something my brother stole from me my mom emptied my room out and made me earn back my own possessions with dinky coupons she printed out essentially as good boy points she would give at asinine times. All that really taught me was problems with authority and resentment towards my parents.

Don’t feel bad about being alone. Just harness that anger to build yourself up and just constantly prove them all wrong just by being yourself and making something they can’t take from you or undermine you, then watch the worms writhe in the mud when they realize how much more power you have over them now that they can’t meaningfully do shit to you, all it’ll do is show they’re petty and jealous.

Happy Birthday, buddy. Know that forgetting is tiers better than remembering and ignoring. You matter, user. Choose to make it a memorable Bday, my man.

Attached: 1578946155257.jpg (600x600, 43K)

I'm sure they're just planning a surprise. Happy birthday OP, i made you a cake

Attached: death.jpg (960x716, 73K)

Are both your siblings female? I don't understand why they would just pick on you and not them. They are definitely psychos.

Life tested you in a way that could make or break you, and because you were strong it made you a better person. I think everyone is strong but we let circumstances and other people convince us we aren't. Your story is proof that there's hope out there even if life is cruel to you.

Good advice. If you ever have kids they will have a damn good parent

Happy birthday user! Don't do drugs.

You're awfully self absorbed you know.

Thanks user. Honestly my gf came to me about a year ago and said if and or when we ever have kids, my mom won’t be allowed around them because of how she treated me compared to my siblings and the literal years worth of work I’ve done to better myself than where I was when I was growing up. A lot of the reasons they projected all their insecurities and expectations onto me is because my sister was born heavy special needs and will be for life, and my brother is autistic and now a NEET, so my mom uses that to enable both of them to do whatever they want while blaming their special needs as why they wouldn’t parent them the way they did me. She filled out all of his college applications and he was accepted to a few (mainly so my mom could brag about it, and they just bought him a new car), yet he still doesn’t want to go to college or anything, just sit at home doing literally nothing while when I was his age I was working at a job and went to college and finished in 4 years (while mom dropped out in the 80s yet still tries to say my degree is meaningless and she’s so much more educated than I am).

I was the only normal kid they had, so more or less the weight of the world was on my shoulders so they could try to look like good parents to others and socially coast off of my achievements. For a long time I didn’t think I was strong and I let others’ opinions get to me. Just harness that anger and use it to make yourself stronger and better to prove them all wrong.

Fuck bruh. You got the right mentality about it tho.

Not quite as bad, but still wtf
I was like 9 when my little brother busted in on me while I was showering cause he thought I was hiding. He wouldn't leave tho and I called for mom and dad to get him and punish him for all this (heavily Christian, naked body peering is a no no). Me dad sits and asks life is really tough huh, and I just agreed with him thinking fuck it and I'll move on. Mind you I'm still naked in the shower, curtain wide open. He tells me to get dressed and meet him downstairs. Maybe I'm getting ice cream cause in a just world I should come out with a better experience than my unpunished brother. He drives me out to the middle of a corn field highway, told me to get out, and drove off. He only stopped around the corner tho, letting me chase after the car. It was only to teach me never to say life is hard. Which I didn't even say, I just agreed so I could go on with my shower. To this day I have trust issues.

Your dad sounds like a fucking prick. I totally understand why you would have trust issues from that for life. I hope you’re far away from all that bullshit now. Nobody deserves that

Happy bday user

Attached: VsHz8Y8.jpg (550x550, 115K)

Lucky!
I wish I'd get left the fuck alone on my birthday.

Happy bday bro