Is this shit actually fun? I've heard people describe it...

Is this shit actually fun? I've heard people describe it. You play purely on paper and some super nerd makes up a story as you go. How does it work exactly? It sounds boring as shit.

Attached: 515jB3-0r1L._AC_SX425_.jpg (425x426, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J08NnA75EW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RPGs all depend on the GM. I've had some intense sessions where I really felt the action.

(We were trying to break into this guy's office and I did feel the stress like it would be if I were to be doing a B&E)

Even though there's zero real life consequences? Why does it matter?

It's basically like listening to a story or watching a movie or a play. You get wrapped up in it and do care about what happens

yes, it's fun
it's part acting, part stats building and mostly a social activity

The one in the pic is actually a board game not a pen and paper rpg

We should try to make a game on roll20.net. All we need is someone to be DM. I've played 3 D&D games with random anons where we used generated character sheets and it was fun as all. There's a mage with a large floppy hat running around out there somewhere with a grappling hook magically stuck in his head because he tried to steal all our gold at the end of our game. Fun times.

Do you play video games? If so, it's essentially the same concept. Actually, think Skyrim but even more open.

felt the same way about it a few years back but I tried it a few times and absolutely loved it. it’s really refreshing if you like reading or enjoy stories.

Pussyslayadin attempts to tend the wounds of Mike the retarded Mage, by sheer force of his faithful conviction to the gods, Lay on Hands
>roll
>1
>Pussyslayadin accidentally shoves his whole arm up poor Mike's asshole

Attached: 1574224554704.jpg (523x472, 63K)

Yeah but I fuck around and don't care what happens. Can you rape people in DnD?

Yep, thats the kind of shit that went down. Our rogue tried to kill a sleeping goblin and instead he slipped and fell into its asshole.

Techincally, Yes. If your DM allows it. But most players take their game serious and don't allow nasty shit.

but real life is fully of nasty shit, cant you be an evil crime lord? like could you torture people in graphic detail?

Attached: 1578689584732.jpg (680x771, 84K)

don't go in a regular game and expect everyone to be fine with it, but find the right evil/ERP game and yes, it'll work easily.

most games expect you to be more or less heroes, bruh.

you will never know with that attitude, you pleb

You can do anything you want within the parameters of the agreed upon rules. You wanna run off and terrorize the villagers then you can do it if you want as long as DM has agreed to allow said things. But you're playing with a group so pulling something like that may get you kicked out because no everyone shares your desire for degeneracy.

but being 'good' is boring - i think i should crash some nerds game, how do i find one and get in? what if i played along for like a month, played legit, and turned evil heel?

You're that guy who can't find a group to play with anymore because you keep raping other players characters, aren't you?

Well I've never played before but yes, that would be like me. Or maybe a scenario 'do you let your teammates die and get the loot for yourself, or do you save them?' Easy fucking choice lol.

idk heroes may be a bit much
Ive played plenty of games where we were not heroes, specifically outside of d and d tho.

I think the bigger thing is the social norms of rape. I wouldnt want to be pretending to be a rapist infront of 5 of my friends. thats a bit weird. and to make the dm explain all the rape shenanigans would make for a strange table. even roleplaying sex feels kinda gay when sitting with my bros, and the dm has to describe some random girls moans as my ogre slays her pussy

but like you can do anything really as long as your group is filled with equally degenerate people i guess.

easiest way to find a local game is go to any comic book store or game shop that sells D&D and ask the cashier how to find groups. If you don't have any of those you can also try GameStop sometimes people leave info there.

Have never GMd DnD, but plenty of other RPGs. It requires the same skills as reading a book, basically. You need to be able to see what's being described with your inner eye, so to speak. Not some mysterious mumbo jumbo, but the same way you'd use your imagination when someone describes their house to you, or when giving you directions. They describe it, the image in your mind changes to what is being described. The characters are nothing different than characters from a book or a movie. They have specific traits, which is described by words and numbers, and you use dice for the situations which included elements you can't easily forsee.

Been GMing for roughly 30 years. Latest group broke when one of the members moved. Will probably restart one sometime. I mean, it is nerdy, but I abandoned the need to conform so long ago that I barely register how weird I'm being for playing it.

What if I'm not obese, shower daily and have no hair on my neck?

Just like most hobbies, it has been infiltrated by fags and is now total bullshit.

Yeah, you can do that also but its frowned upon because the point of most games is to work together and win. What you're wanting to do is troll/grief. Like what has been said you can do it but most of the time they won't invite you back for another game.

Then you'll fit in with majority of the players.

Listen to a podcast called Glass Cannon Podcast

This is the board game. There are several. Castle Ravenloft, Temple of Elemental Evil, etc. Great for new players getting into d&d. Based on 4.0 ruleset.

what if i just show up? they won't have the physical strength or training to remove me. What will they do?

probably call the police if they want you to leave and you don't...?

This could be the worst trolling I have ever seen.

But cops are traditionally anti-nerd. I think I would be ok here.

Role-playing is fun just start with something simple like "Tonguepunch Fartbox" the halfling bard or "The red rage" a female barbarian.

Attached: hl5MD2w.jpg (960x618, 44K)

its not my best effort but people keep feeding me

well give it a go then chad mchungcock
film it plox

If you're at one of the gaming places then they will report you to the employees who will ask you to leave and if you don't the police will be called. If one of the players doesn't take it into their own hands.

Stop doing heroin OP, and quit abusing your alcoholic wife who everyone knows you hate and cheated on with your friend parish

Pretty much Harmon Quest.
youtube.com/watch?v=J08NnA75EW4

You're doing aweful. You went for being retarded way way way too soon. Should have drawn them in more with more questions, tried to seem interested, then let the tardyness slowly dawn on them. Like, start off with questions, then say things like "should I learn elven if I'm playing an elf?" which is a legitimate question. Then increase the dorkyness until it's a person that no one would want.

You need to practice dude. I suggest reddit. You'll fit in there, right as rain.

real fucking scared poindexter lol

you are way more retarded than he is, senpai

lol even his op was obvious. he started weak, and continued it through
i dont care though, i just wanna talk some d&d

>Can you rape people in DnD?

Yes but it is often unneeded as the cleric player usually offers free blowjobs to the others.

>Can you rape charicters in DnD

Yes but grappling is a pain in the ass and not worth the trouble.

Attached: 1579811473041.jpg (960x960, 125K)

It's a dangerous world. We all carry weapons now especially since the rise of neo-nazism. Pepper spray, tazer, or even martial arts will take you away very easily. So try it manchild.

if you start at level 1 playing an evil toon is probs gunna end the campaign quicktime

Hold person and wizard spell grease is both viable though.

Go to the d&d threads and find us a DM willing to to play with some randoms. I don't know enough about it to try.

Much like real life, I would only turn evil once I gained a sufficient amount of power.

well ur a little bitch then arnt you

nope, as a jew experience has taught me how to operate under the radar

talmud strikes again

Well I got bored now. Going to drop any memes that are remotely RP-related. Most are older than /b. You can bitch about it if you want to.

Attached: 11gov0w.jpg (598x480, 140K)

Attached: 12inquisitiayx8.jpg (406x623, 52K)

Attached: 50e5a0bf.jpg (750x600, 55K)

your motivators are not older than my reign
i was in the original wave of cancer
i was born in the tumour
created from the ether of faggots
legions of newfags are unknowingly at my every command

Attached: 11667377_10152822942046256_2034958328016895613_n.jpg (430x344, 27K)

Depending on the group, that shit CAN be really, really good fun. Getting away with outrageous shit because you rolled well is awesome, and can you and your group to laugh your fucking asses off.

>Hold person and wizard spell grease is both viable though.

Prestidigitation can be used to make a stick vibrate and other small effects...

Attached: 0tKKwJ3.jpg (1224x814, 156K)

>30 seconds of mage hand rape

Attached: 170555960_6ac35ae6f5.jpg (400x500, 126K)

Attached: 190594813_a3b3502a0f_o.jpg (750x600, 94K)

Of you have a good dm, it can be lots of fun, the person leading the campaign just have to have a good imagination, and be able to creatively edit the story on the fly

Attached: 195799757_d18ec32bea.jpg (400x500, 91K)

Attached: 1166159063527.jpg (600x750, 67K)

>30 seconds

Your magecraft is weak my hands are peminantly magic! Just ask your sister.

Attached: xCBwBma.jpg (1111x1164, 285K)

no different than getting immersed in a video game or movie

Attached: ambition.jpg (500x400, 89K)

>look mom i saved a meme from 2002!

Attached: armor.jpg (400x500, 97K)

i play with a wizard who is lawful good, and my group does some pretty fucked up stuff
how can i get him to act his alignment more? hes pretty quiet when im performing torturous surgery to make a bait goblins.
i want this nigga to try and stop me doing outlandish shit its got to the point where im straying from my own alignment to bait a response.

What you have depicted is not the pen and paper rpg, but is a tabletop dungeon crawler board game. I have it, it's pretty fun. The game sessions last about an hour, and the rule set isn't too technical and complex.

Attached: dm.jpg (600x750, 63K)

Attached: d4f09c4a.jpg (600x750, 58K)

Attached: DMingherbs.jpg (1367x635, 132K)

Attached: cults.jpg (400x500, 84K)

Attached: conanstrength.jpg (425x620, 68K)

Attached: cleave.jpg (400x500, 126K)

wizards use arcane arts which aren't good, how can be he lawful good?

Attached: charisma3.jpg (750x600, 109K)

Attached: chaevil.jpg (400x500, 85K)

Attached: CE2.jpg (500x400, 76K)

Attached: bluff.jpg (561x437, 23K)

If you have no imagination it's boring. If you're cool it's cool.

Attached: Bar_Room_Brawl.jpg (500x400, 136K)

theres nothing that says a wizard cant be lawful good

Are blacks allowed to play?

>literally anyone falling for this shit-tier bait
y'all are retarded

Perhaps he learned at the royal academy of magic and had the proper loisences.

Attached: wizard_o_999526.jpg (550x435, 71K)

I think that was all of them. Most were created roughly around the time NWN was released. So maybe not older than /b after all. But now that I re-read them, and I look back at how shit was done back then, I can honestly say: most of them sucked. There's nothing in them. Well maybe the bluff one. But they are absolutely horrible. Why have I even saved these?

Only if they wear gloves to prevent the Cheetos getting all niggery.

Attached: 1570633515113.jpg (1024x1015, 107K)

>arcane arts which aren't good
firstly this is such a baffling and untrue statement I don't even know where to start.

>setting
If your DM sets up a world were arcane magic is prohibited, then sure, you can make that argument. As a default, magic exists, everyone knows it. It's either divine or arcane. Sorcerers are born with magic, wizards study magic, and bards perform magic.

>Wizards
there are 7 schools of arcane magic and many of them do not have alignment qualities when you cast them, and that was back in 3e/3.5. If you want to argue any schools have any "given alignment" then Abjuration would be good (it's a lot of shielding spells), Necromancy is evil (it's frowned upon by almost everyone that is a non-evil alignment), Enchantment and Illusion would be chaotic, Transmutation is lawful (you have to have x in order to create y), Conjuration is flexible based on what you summon, and Divination and Evocation would be neutral. There's Universal spells, but that's more a category rather than an actual school.

>how can [wizards] be lawful good
Most wizards are actually lawful because they have to be studious and disciplined. They don't have to be, but those traits are often attributed to people of lawful alignments. Most villainous wizards are lawful evil for the same reason.

This was one of the dumbest comments I've ever read on this website, and we are all lesser beings for it.

And even necromancy is sort of iffy on the alignment scale, at least in older versions. Didn't 2.0 or something have healing spells as necromancy?

This guy is right. OP is a nonce

Most wizards are nonces so zing zang boom

>grappling is a pain in the ass
>pain in the ass
>in the ass

lol zing zang boom. Are we talking DnD with Bill Cosby now?

LOL ... I had Ravenloft. It seemed like it was a good story with lots of cool maps and details for the DM. Too bad I never got the guys together in a regular group. Oh well. I sure as fuck spent a lot of time and money on books and lead figures and etc

ive not played long
i am an edgelord CG rogue drow with a penchant for torture
how do i get my fgt LG wizard to react to my bad shit

So there's no point to reading books, watching movies, playing games with story?

Retard alert.

Attached: 66491425_10156668881228353_8438955427709845504_n.jpg (640x593, 86K)

You ever, like, watch a movie or read a book, user? Jeez.

also just for the record OPs pic was a DnD module before it was a board game... fuckin whiny geek know it alls

What's the point? The DM'll just kick you and the Party will divvy up your gear

>Can you rape people in DnD?
If they are elf slaves.

Attached: elves_protest.jpg (640x360, 42K)

>Listen to a podcast called Glass Cannon Podcast
Sorry, I meant to say Critical Role podcast.

based on what you've said, you might actually want to get your friends together and runt he game yourself.

Then you can fuck with your friends by hiding a key up a fat guys ass and the openly way to get it out is by fucking it up through his mouth. You set the rules int hat case, and only you have the solutions to the problems

Adding to this, there ARE games like dnd where you might get down with some crazy shit

Attached: TowersTwoCoverDisplay-350x350.jpg (980x1440, 288K)

>Two Towers
>read review
>"Turgarg has bet Mung 'hummers for life' that he cannot eat an entire bucket of shit
wtf!?