On a scale of 1 to 10, what level happening do you perceive the coronavirus to be?

On a scale of 1 to 10, what level happening do you perceive the coronavirus to be?

Attached: d41586-020-00190-6_17590326.jpg (800x450, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nk5P_iRYwTY
youtube.com/watch?v=lk5XkhUKMDM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ebola/10

4/10

5/10 will kill some Chinks, but nothing too major. Million deaths maximum, but even than Chinese goverment will claim like 20k.

yes

Attached: images.png (300x168, 4K)

We are witnessing the irrefutable extinction of the human race

even SARS only killed 800 people. coronavirus will probs only kill like 2k chinks. wish it would spread to India a bit faster though

Iran/10.
Remember Iran? Cred Forums Was so worried about it 2 weeks ago.

2/10

11/10 best dog

Probably contained or soon will be. We're better at this shit these days, tho long incubation periods make things challenging.

Now, where's the lime?

Attached: 20200126_073001.jpg (842x842, 373K)

It ain't nothing new. If you aren't a young kid, old person or immunocompromised you have nothing to fear. Media blew the damn thing out if proportion as always.

Pandemics have 6 phases before they peak, then settle down and diminish. We are at phase 5. There was no containment, and the fact you can go at least 5 days before showing symptoms allowed to to spread across the globe.

IF this is highly infectious, which it appears to be, and IF the mortality rate is in the expected 3-4% range, there could be a total death count of around 375 million people.

I call this, at the current point in the outbreak, 7 out of 10 on the IT'S HAPPENING! scale.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nk5P_iRYwTY

This is a China problem. The west just isn't as systematically retarded as the Chinese. Even most of Asia isn't as retarded as the Chinese.

youtube.com/watch?v=lk5XkhUKMDM

It's about a 3, so far. we don't know the transmissivity rate when not showing symptoms. Incubation is 3-14 days, but do victims shed communicable virus when not actively ill? Acting like the whole world is getting infected and multiplying by 4% is not how epidemiology works. Rando Chinese villagers and western health systems have different levels of care, so to assume either of these things is universally true is a canard.

Stop listening to idiots.

10 because it was made by america

>Was so worried about it 2 weeks ago.
Do you mean hysterics by CNN and MSNBC?

I was referring to Cred Forums, which is why I said Cred Forums. The same number of threads were dedicated to Iran "end of the world" bullshit a few weeks ago as are dedicated to coronavirus bullshit this week. And ZERO threads about Iran the past few days.
Cred Forums is not above the 24 hour news cycle.

Birb flu / 10
This is super weak shit.
Just propped up by hysterical media in a slow media time.

>every motherfucking new virus
>comes from Africa or China
Nuke/10

6/10 because it's death rate is 3% and rising. It also preads quickly which makes it difficult to contain.

its wet pussy flu

Kung Flu
WuHu Flu
Winnie The Flu

Try as I might I just don't give a fuck

a sane person

you need to be burned at the stake, can't have you fuck up our HYPE TRAIN CHOOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKER GET ON THE FUCKING HYPETRAIN

Attached: 1410840114330.jpg (1920x1080, 908K)

predict it's gonna be cured at 43640 infected and 571 killed

With 52 dead so far this virus is not quite Captain Trips...

What a great book... I should read it again .

In the scale of historical pandemics, it's very early. If it's serious, it will grow at an exponential rate...like doubling infections and deaths every week until it reaches peak level.

Frankly, this is a serious situation, but often, serious threats did not reach their potential, deadly results. Ebola, for example. THAT is some shit that SHOULD scare you. Incredibly infectious, almost always deadly, and still not completely understood. Yet, the outbreaks in Africa have never reached a pandemic level of infection outside their hot zones.

Gotta wait and see on this one.

there is now a case in cote d'ivoire. if it speads at all there, this is a major worldwide shit-storm.

I'd give it a 5/10.
Where I live is pretty isolated but I'm not eating chinese food until this shit is over.

A small nation in Africa poses less of a world-wide threat than a case in a major population center like Chicago.