Why do Americans celebrate Generals who lost their battles?

Why do Americans celebrate Generals who lost their battles?

Attached: 1333434816727.jpg (500x458, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Confederate_monuments_and_memorials
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your question makes no sense. If they're Generals, then they must have won some battles to start with. Nobody ends with a perfect record.

I don't celebrate any generals at all, not sure what you are talking about.

We should tear down all the statues from the losing side.

Attached: Isern-SittingBull3.jpg (1224x1632, 648K)

By that reasoning no european country can celebrate the end of world war 2 because they all lost all the battles at the start and only started winning with american leadership and military intervention. By that logic no generals should be celebrated because in a conflict it is impossible to win every engagement sometimes ceding points vs fighting for them allowed them to have enemies over extend themselves by their own volition which was a strategy often employed by the soviets early on while they were still building up their base of vehicles and equipment. They allowed german troops to cut deep into russian territory only to leave themselves over extended and exposed once those support corridors were cut. In short the base of your question exposes a lack of understanding of warfare as a craft. Read "The art of war" by Tzu its a good place to start

Also which losing generals does the US Celebrate?

Because like their sports the only battles they have won are against themselves.

because they don't win a war since 1945 (won thanks to the Russians then)

All the ones from the Civil War. You have statues being torn down by former slaves. Why did you even erect these racist statues?

Name 3. I'll wait.

They weren't considered racist at the time.

Confederate Generals.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Confederate_monuments_and_memorials

1. Personal ideology doesn't negate their military prowess
2. A lot of these statues are in southern states, it'd be a little ridiculous to post up statues of union generals there
3. Some of the Confederate generals were great strategists
4. Just because they were apart of the confederacy doesn't immediately mean they believed the ideals behind it. A lot of them, including regular soldiers, were fighting for their states rather than the slaving agenda. A good example is the nazi campaign, not every German soldier hated non-aryans they were just fighting for their nation, it didn't matter who the enemy was or what they believed

Yes they were. They were built long after the civil war. Most were built early 1900s while Civil War was in 1860s.

This shows you're pretty ignorant about the topic and shouldn't really be talking about it, not discrediting any of your points I'm just saying you couldn't name any off hand so you probably know very little about the topic

>early 1900s
So, America was less racist back then? Is that what you're saying?

Ah, the avoidance tactic. Because if I had just named names you'd ask for proof the statues exist. You were wrong and given evidence. It's cute to see you squirm. You're publicly educated I assume.

Jesus Christ, how young are you? You think racism in the South ended with the war?

What he should be saying is that many Confederate statues were built decades after the war by southern groups who wanted to glorify the way to bolster local pride.

I said in my post that I wasn't discrediting any of your points man lol just pointing something out, chill. What evidence by the way? The fact that confederacy generals exist? That's not really something you need to prove, that user wanted you to name 3 to gauge your knowledge on the subject and you linked a wikipedia page. Also why would he or I ask for proof the statues exist? It's common knowledge they do. No one's trying to prove you're lying dude

Why would I bother naming 3 when I can post references which answer the question. Which is exactly what people always ask for on Cred Forums. No, what you're now trying to do is troll because you were wrong. Yes to which I am responding to on purpose to further rub your nose in it. But do go on you have my permission.

Attached: l_66ea53e92ef83a8bf7cacd0cd4489aca.gif (352x265, 268K)