Question for all my Army boys out there

Question for all my Army boys out there.

I’m goth and branched Infantry. I’m going to be an officer.

I understand clothing standards when off duty but do people really give a shit if I’m goth and dress as such. I’m casual goth so I wear dress shirts and suits which are black with burgundy accents. I usually wear foundation with a little bit of black eye makeup so I look like a vampire or a corpse.

Would you give a shit of think I’m a worse leader because of it. I’m pretty squared away (both air assault and airborne, plan on going to ranger) and I max the apft and am pretty close to maxing acft.

Thoughts. (Pic is generally how I look)

Attached: 75922652-21C9-416E-AA9B-1B444AA8CBE2.jpg (800x800, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dL9tm3LHG6Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Leadership is not how you look, its how you act. Plenty of officers are shit, get no respect and dress normal.

Any input would be appreciated

youtube.com/watch?v=dL9tm3LHG6Y

Nice devil trips on a fitting thread. Yes, I would agree with you there. I go to the academy and make an effort to practice not being the incompetent douch canoe that seems to plague the current Army. I have plenty of humility and can recognize when I need to listen to the people that know more than me. I was just concerned about whether or not it would interfere at all with my relationship with my NCO’s and soldiers.

Yes? I mean I feel like I’m doing pretty good.

Prior US Army Officer here.

Don't. Your superiors and subordinates will immediately start questioning your mental stability. Seriously... just drop it.

No experience here, but I imagine if they thought you were putting your "individuality" above the cohesiveness of your unit (?) that they would lose some respect for you. I would.

Can I just wear all black?

Just reminded me of a funny show is all.

Well this is off duty, not when we are all together.

It is a funny show.

Of anyone finds out about it you will be ridiculed and lose respect. It's time to grow the fuck up and stop playing dress up if you want to be remotely successful.

Dude, the army is a fucking lifestyle. You will be around your platoon and company all the fucking time. As a leader, you HAVE to display maturity and stability in addition to professional and tactical competence. People will think you're a weirdo if you only wear all black all the time when you're in civvies. No enlisted will want to follow you into combat if they think you're mentally unstable.

And yes, if you really did branch infantry and don't fuck up in IBOLC, they'll send you to ranger. Go and don't quit.

Marine here
OfCs are always looking professional, the goth look just wouldn't fly. If you wanna wear all black, black button up with dark jeans or slacks would definitely look good when off duty

Well, It’s not so much of a dress up. I like macabre things and enjoy the color black. I have been successful so far and I have no problem with anything. Getting jobs has been easy and so has interviews. Most people don’t even recognize that I’m goth. It’s a lot like how you see the super Hooah motards wearing 5.11 baseball caps and grunt style shirts with blue jeans. It’s a choice of dress. I recognize that alternative style may not be understood by people.

I’m relatively mature and show no signs of mental instability and I can pull weight.

I recognize that. The picture I picked isn’t necessarily accurate in that I don’t wear frilly bullshit. I wear dress shirts and slacks for casual wear, suits when it’s cold. So, if that’s generally accepted and professional enough, I’ll probably just wear what I normally do. I’m not flashy.

Just drop the makeup Sally.

That’s no issue, and I expected to have to do so.

Case solved then.

It doesn't matter what you believe are your rights.
People will judge you. And, having judged you, they'll allow their judgement to affect their dealings with you, even to the extent of outright discrimination.
You'll pay a high price to live in your fantasy world.

Yep seems pretty good.

Well, just to make it clear, I don’t live in a fantasy world. If I did I wouldn’t be at West Point and I wouldn’t be as fit as I am nor would I have the mental ability to do what I’ve done. I do recognize that others opinions have the potential to make a lot of change in ones life. If I’m casual enough to where I don’t look goth, than I’m not worried about them thinking less of me.

This picture is more akin to how I dress the original picture is to represent the makeup I wear. I see that wearing makeup is not an option (as expected) but I don’t think this will be a problem. I have thousands of dollars in suits.

Attached: 0E374472-C2A9-4D39-AD09-DE1EB46B8E64.jpg (799x1200, 153K)

Fuck if you are at West Point what are you doing on this degenerate site? Be great, leave this site forever. You are one of the greats. I agree with the other anons you should dial it back for now. That’s part of the life. We don’t give a shit obviously if your goth or anything else-see our degenerate catalog.

I am a Navy officer, prior enlisted, and I'll give my 2 cents. You probably will be in regs and your senior enlisted and senior officers probably won't say anything about it to you. The problem comes when your division thinks your a wierd guy and judges you accordingly. Now if you are shit hot and squared away that shouldn't matter much, at most light shit talk behind your back or light razzing about it. If you suck, then it will be a lightning rod for people to make fun of you, question you judgement, and belittle you from subordinates, peers and leadership alike. You do not want to be different unless you are 100% sure you are better than everyone else. Hide your power level.

Attached: 379.png (500x380, 272K)

I recognize Cred Forums is a big shithole but I like psychology and I like to help people on here. This is a fucking cesspool of nothing more than untapped potential. So many people who go on with their lives and are selfish prices of shit. It about them getting up and recognizing that there is so much more to human life than what they choose to see. It starts with the individual. Thank you for your kind words, but West Point isn’t what makes a great, it’s about the individual making themself great. I want to make that really clear. Places like VMI, Citadel, and Norwich are a few examples of small schools who do the same thing as the academies that I’ve been to for leadership conferences. They just aren’t federally funded and are as tough or tougher. The point I want to make clear is that walking into these schools which these people have to pay for and go through the same shit we do, I recognize that a great leader is born for a great heart. A great man is born from what they stand for and the ideas they hold that develop their foundation. It’s all bout what you do with what you’re given. I am at West Point but I’ve seen an unbelievable amount of scummy shitbags. The few that stand out are the ones willing to suffer, bleed, and drown for what they believe in. The truly selfless strong amongst a sea of mediocrity.

Fucking cadets

What?

you work with small groups of people. they will think you're a fag and will make fun of you in your unit.

simple, and this is what i do. just smile if the fuck with you and pretend to have their back

I thought everyone in the infantry was gay.

-Donny O’Malley

Are you goth? Why do they make fun of you?

I'm not goth but i was treated like shit

I see. I don’t think that’s a reason to “pretend” to have their back man. Their your responsibility even if they do give you shit. What caused the lack of respect?

*they’re

Nah, you should be fine, especially if you max APFT or whatever they're calling it now. We only made fun of our LTs based on their major. One of the PLs for one of our other platoons was goth, the only people who gave a shit were SNCOs. Now. If you majored in Geology, people gonna drag your rock licking ass.

I reported a sexual assault and was retaliated against.

I’m a Psychology Major with a double minor in Terrorism studies and Grand strategy.

Are you male or female? We’re you sexually assaulted by a male or female? Sorry, I just want to figure out why they treated you poorly.

no I'm not female. I walked in on the assault while the assault took place.

I see, damn. Sorry you went through nonsense. Did the disrespect issue ever clear up?

no, it followed me until i was discharged

Well damn, that sucks. It sickens me to see people so shitty like that.

hnnnnnng arrrrghhhhh im gonna cooom arrrrrrrhhg

What?

oh oohh god im gonna coom arrrrrrrrhhgggg.
just cooming man how about you

No

i dont know man i would definitely follow the goth officer who listens to Behemoth into battle.
No army experience but just saying

Your over dressing and joining the military kill your self poser

Jew kike shill

You can do whatever you want if you're off duty, just don't get caught around base with fucking makeup and shit. There are no off duty clothing standards once you're out of training, you can do what you like. Just know if any of your guys see you they'll think you're a flaming faggot

Holy shit reading this is making me want to kick your boottenant ass. Could you possibly be any more full of shit even if you actively tried?