Guitar players of Cred Forums

Guitar players of Cred Forums

I've decided I want to buy a Fender Stratocaster.
which type of specs do you guys like when it comes to Strats? what kinda necks do you like and what kind of pickups do you like?

Also, how good are mexican made strats in comparison to american made? I've heard the whole "Buy a mexican strat made by mexicans or by an american strat made by mexicans" thing but any of you believe there's a huge difference?

Attached: 3.jpg (1920x1408, 392K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D7gMwE7phoM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Like anyone on Cred Forums would know...

damn dude I stopped thinking about that shit long ago. Just go play a guitar and if you like it you play it. I have a godin.

I've been browsing Cred Forums since 2009 and you would be fuckin downright amazed at how many "guitar fag" posts i've seen on here

Ash body, maple neck. Sounds fucking great. I've got a pearl pickguard on mine, I love it.

Attached: 71Rrq0lOigL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x493, 66K)

rosewood board. american. tats all you need. maybe a humbucker in bridge. The new american profesional from like 2016 or so in black and white is nice, best one ive played actually. but im all about Gibson les pauls. i have a '99 classic.

I've owned a couple MM strats and felt they were a good value and played well. Mine were from late 90's so not sure about new ones.

names mean nothing. just find a guitar you click with. even two different guitars of the same model can be wildly different if one was passed through quality control on a wednesday and the other was last in line on a friday when everyone just wants to leave. that being said, the jump in quality from mim and mia fenders doesn't justify the price to me. mims are great little pieces of gear. just don't fag out and go with a gibson.

Get a bass you pussy faggot

Buy a classic vibe squirt stray 60s or 50s on eBay. Unless you’re going to buy a custom shop fender, the classic vibes are as good as any strat you can buy.

>bassist calling someone a pussy

Attached: 1576190808485.jpg (216x225, 6K)

ive never had a strat, but from playing around w my friend's alot i can tell you c shape on the neck, stock pickups. but if you want a warmer tone, pick mexican which is my preference, but you do you.

Get a mustang or Jaguar instead pls

If you want an actual great guitarist to explain the basics of tuning and build, watch the Joe Walsh Gibson tutorial. Its a bit long, but he knows shis shit. And takes a long-ass time explaining everything in typical Joe Walsh fashion. You may not care for his music, but he's a genuine guitar master.
youtube.com/watch?v=D7gMwE7phoM

charvel master race reporting in

I do like the maple necks. completely different feel to rosewood.

Get a G&L Legacy (USA or Tribute... doesn't matter) and thank me later

buy mexican,C shape neck, reverse wound pickups.

get one of those harley benton super strats great bang for the buck

I'll be damned if you're not right. I never would have thought...

epiphone makes some great strat copies

awesome, buy a Gibson Les Paul instead.

you'd be surprised how manu Gen X'ers and actual Boomers lurk here; and unlike Millennials and Zoomfart we still play instruments.

play the fucking drums you cuck fag gommie

Try them blindly in stores and bring the one you like home man. Many videos of seasoned guitarists doing the blindtest struggling to tell the difference between a mim and a 6k dollars American custom shop. I think it's not worth the money honestly. Biggest difference would be the pickups, which are easy and cheap to replace.

grunge is dead, leave it alone.

bass is pretty fun and I like it more than guitar now. I used to play on a shitty $90 combo guitar but then my friends and I bought a bass to share and that shits fun