So my friend wants a "gaming" desktop but is cheap as absolute fuck...

So my friend wants a "gaming" desktop but is cheap as absolute fuck. I found him a few for under $700 but he is insisting his limit be $500. Is this even possible to build something worth a shit for this much? Typically I spend 1.5k-2k on mine. I have not been keeping up with computers as much lately so thought I would ask. I really do not think his looking to run Doom: Eternal at full graphics on launch. He just needs to be able to play Civ and WoW and maybe some older games like left 4 dead and stuff

Attached: IMG_0732.jpg (1080x1920, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/47784n
newegg.com/crucial-8gb-240-pin-ddr3-sdram/p/N82E16820148991
newegg.com/p/2MG-000B-002B4
newegg.com/amd-fx-6000-series-fx-6300/p/N82E16819113286
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Idk much about computers but I do know that doom 2016 (don’t know about eternal but more than likely the same deal) is extremely well optimized, my old shitty 2012 computer can run it at 60fps and that thing couldn’t run league of legends on minimum settings.

pcpartpicker.com/list/47784n

Case doesn't matter if hes picky, as long as it's under his budget. If you want you could always go with a shitty hard drive and 8gb of ram then maybe get like a 1660 or something.

This but you maybe lucky and get a rx 580 8gb under 100 bux

i built mine for pretty cheap and it was about 700 so hes out of luck

A gaming desktop for $500? Yeah that's easily doable but you'll be building it yourself one as prebuilts are a fucking joke cost vs performance wise and 2, it won't be very good but it will still out perform a ps4 or xb1 on that price point.

Totally possible. For less than $500 even. Assuming he can settle for a tv for a monitor and doesn't need a NEET keyboard and mouse.
Just basic shit works fine.
If you can help him out with old components that's great.

Or

My piece of shit Dell laptop can even run wow and I paid $400 for it brand new in 2015, it was a (2013 model) so. Do some research.
On board graphics cards usually suck but they work fine for older games like wow on low spec.

I get given broken computer shit all the time. Like screen broken laptops and old office computers, workstation whatever.
I've been doing this shit since 98.

Even got given a broken laptop from a stripper. Keyboard and track pad mouse was missing half the keys, none of it worked. Screen was shattered so bad it didn't even light up. She thought it was dead as a door nail.
a wireless keyboard and mouse and hooked the bitch up to my tv. Not as hight Hz as a monitor but it fuckin worked fine for trouble shooting it and a slap together Frankensystem.
Changed her password with the net cat trick and poof. Nudes and a mining rig for monero.

Sorry, I'm drinking so I'm rambling.
Anyway. Learn to nerd fren
Cool you're helping your buddy though!!

Post a thread tomorrow or keep this alive till I . God damn my sandwich is burning.
Need coffee
BRB in like an hour drunk time

>but you'll be building it yourself
And it still cost me 2 grand...

Then that's on you because you chose the high end parts.

I just built my first x570 build and it cost me $1400 in total but I regret nothing as I chose all the parts myself and the only part I had to settle on was the gpu because Nvidia are greedy jews.

My first ever build was $600 but it's just dated as fuck now.

>because you chose the high end parts
That's what makes it a gaming pc :)

That's because you suck at your hobbies and you're pretty much a dick with ears who only thinks he can build a system.

Check and see if any friends will sell some used ones. I bought a friend's off of him for supposedly half off for 500 and another 50 for a monitor

Attached: LLyeahnah.gif (250x250, 407K)

How astute of you. Show off somewhere else faggot. We have a project and a budget for a good cause so if you're not going to be constructive then just shut the fuck up when you're talking to us.

God damn this burnt grilled cheese is pretty good

>for a good cause
huh

Lmao what a dick. A "gaming pc" with simple parts is just a pc used for gaming.

Fuck that. If your friends don't just give jaded shit they do not use then your friends are shit.
Tell them to sit on it till it's worthless and then dumpster dive that shit if they want to be kikes about it.

Hell, I'll just give you a tower if you bring me some fuckin soft shell tacos and a crisp high-five

Yeah. Helping a stranger help friend. You miserable cunt. That's how people make friends.

Join defcon

Right. Like my dick beaters are also cup holders and. They can also do other things. Handy things

linustechtips
/thread

protip: search for budget pc build and scrapyard wars. if you hustle parts you can build a great machine at decent costs

Sup ginger. I like your style

Attached: 3883.png (500x500, 133K)

Mine cost 800$ can run fallout 4 on max 60+ FPS and havent played a game yet that hasnt been able to max out on

800$ full price all brand new parts no thrifting
Ryzen 7 3700X
DDR4 8g
Geforce GTX 1060 4gb
1tb storage 1 tb SSD

GTX 1650

>LTT

The shillest of the shills.

How about no. Go with independant sources like GN and HWU.

Tell your faggot friend that if he wants to game on a penny, then he should buy a mac book

Ok the cocaine sobered me up enough to be almost coherent.

Op. Do you have any hardware you can help your buddy out with.
Even a network card or a whatever?

Could look into a ryzen apu

How's about you go back to sucking dick in a different thread and keep your 2 cents

Not bad but there's areas he could save $ on and still get performance within a 7-12% delta.

Ryzen 7 3700X
>No, get an R5 3600 it's plenty for modern gaming
DDR4 8g
>No, 16 is the minimum for gaming in 2020 and was so in 2019
Geforce GTX 1060 4gb
>Fine but he could do a lot better as the minimum threshhold is 4gb of vram. but that will do
1tb storage 1 tb SSD
>yeah this is fine.

For the gpu I reccomend either a 1660 super or if he can afford it, wait for the aib models to fix amd's shit launch and get a 5600xt And hopefully they'll have the drivers fixed by then as well if not stick with the 1660S

This guy gets it

Are you in sales? Why the fuck are you devoting so much time and effort to make a toy for someone who can't afford it? If they walked into a store and wanted to buy a gaming computer for $500 they'd leave with a low end PC that could play Minecraft. Unless you get something for the all the time and work, don't bother, leave selling to the salespeople.

I do graphic design as well and video editing so I wanted more processing power, never had a single problem with ram and gaming even 2020 titles

Modern gaming titles are becoming less and less optimized. Monster hunter world is a perfect example of this and if you want an older title that BARELY runs off 8gbs of ram, look no further than GTA V.

16 is the minimum now, trust me. That being said, for cost cutting, don't buy the dumbass RGB parts. You can shave anywhere from $40-$120 off a build by not buying rbg parts.

If he wants a showpiece higher end pc build, he can do that next time when his budget isn't so constrained.

As for doing graphic design and video editing, yes the 3700x will work for that as well but for his budget, he's better off getting an 2700x

If I ever run into a Ram problem I can always pick up another 8 gb stick for like 30$
>Playing GTA V in 2020
I actually would like to play monster hunter but doesn't seem like my kind of game

newegg.com/crucial-8gb-240-pin-ddr3-sdram/p/N82E16820148991
$29 (per 8gb)

newegg.com/p/2MG-000B-002B4
$45

newegg.com/amd-fx-6000-series-fx-6300/p/N82E16819113286
$130

Peace out op.
I'm bored with this.

But to be able to play just Civ and WoW and older LFD2 and ect a 500$ PC would get 100+ FPS

The other thing is, Ryzens like more ram and higher ram speeds at that for them to function at peak. Factory clock speeds, no OC even. He's better off just getting himself 16 now imo but if he's hurting over That small amount of cash, "do as you will"

Yeah I read that however I used to have around a 1.8k PC and honestly the games and functions and applications I use I dont notice anything but instant loading and silky smooth FPS and ect so rn I dont even care about a 10% boost or ect. I have a BIOS that I can overclock with a button and it works fine

Integrated radion HD3000
Can also add a card later when he has more $ to throw at it.

So far my build is about half his budget.
If you would have communicated with me I would have swapped emails and gave you promo for some free shit, which I can't post here because some neckbeard would have swooped it out from under you.

Best of luck fren