I am looking to enlist in the U.S. army. What hell awaits me in basic training...

I am looking to enlist in the U.S. army. What hell awaits me in basic training? I already know some of the worst aspects like the gas chamber, but what are other specific things?

Attached: 0F953980-C5B0-4F1D-9883-ABC2BCBBD783.jpg (512x768, 108K)

relentless powerpoint briefings.

Shit, I’m not prepared for that.

I hate heights and tight spaces. Is there a lot of that in basic?

Yea you'll have both. I mean depends on how high you're comfortable with

It's 2020, everything is hyper PC. I went through in 2014, and it wasn't anywhere near as intense as I was expecting. Undisciplined females, DS's that aren't allowed to curse. What do you want to get out of the army? Do you want actual job training or do you want to cawadooty it up?

Job training, but mostly I want to straighten out my life.

I don’t really have a number for it. Is there any climbing with a high risk of falling like that scene in Fullmetal Jacket?

Join the airforce. Dont be an idiot

Not anything that risks injury tbh. Bootcamp is as safe as it gets, think of it like glorified crossfit lol. It gets worse depending on what route you follow after that.

Attached: image.jpg (1080x1079, 452K)

Go to YouTube. Type in MikeBurnFire Camp fire stories .

I'm glad I didnt fucking enlist.

Yeah, last thing I’d want is to get injured and not be able to finish.

Why do you think the air force would be the better option?

Don't lie. Basic is full of pt a beasting. range craft is cool.

DONT FUCKING GO TO THE ARMY.

honestly I wouldn't recommend enlisting unless you need to pay for school.

But if your gonna the Air Force is the best choice by far.

Were there any stories that stick out to you in particular? I might check out that channel, but I don’t wanna watch hours and hours of it.

There is like a 40 foot tower you rappel from, but they're so anal about safety that you have to go out of your way to fuck up

this guy knows

I actually graduated school already. Worked in the field for one year, been having a somewhat tough time getting back. It’s a long story. Anyway, why would you say it’s a bad decision?

Seconded air force idea.
Army is full of fuckwits that generally don't care about you or your career. Be an aircraft mechanic, get out after 4 years, go make 100k for Bell or Boeing or something after.

Dont enlist.

-stop loss exist. (Back door draft)

-Fort Polk is incompetent.

-get into the marines it's easier then the army. Literally. Not training based. But regulations. And have effective camouflage. ACU/UCP gets

-Army regulations is a shit show. Enlsit into the marines.

-if you enlist. Just do as your told. Dont be a dumbass.

-learn to wash your clothes before you do.

-you might have to learn how to wash them by hand.

-get used to watching gore or mass ammounts of blood.

I’m assuming they got safety ropes? Cause I’ve seen vids from Russia’s army where they climb shit without any ropes.

Literally this. 5 hours a day 5 days a week, the room is cool and they have loud relaxing AC. If you fall asleep you have to go to back of room and do exercises.

Also half of the PowerPoints are about sexual harassment, and they just re use the same slides.

Sounds retarded and like a waste of money.

Don't forget the health and safety. Be safe, stay safe.

who told you the gas chamber was one of the "worst aspects?"
It's not that bad at all.
Nothing about BCT is all that difficult, but things like sleep deprivation and impromptu smoke sessions make other aspects harder than they normally would be.
Other than that, some people can't swallow their pride enough to take orders, so they generally have a hard time with everything.

You'll make a swiss seat and they'll hook you in with carabiners, then have your "battle buddy" down below you holding the belay rope, so if you start to fall they're supposed to pull it, which stops your descent. Recommend choosing a guy big enough to stop your weight

they are training you to stay alert and focused even when you are bored stiff and exhausted.

Doesn’t sound too bad tbh

Until you trap your balls in the seat and put your full weight on your nutsack as you descend.

It’s not that bad lol. Death by PowerPoint

Thanks for the warning, I’ll just wear extra tight underwear

E5 navy here, went to boot early 2017, it was omega tedious and boring. Theres a ton of medical stuff atfirst, then a ton of powerpoints about brain dead topics, and constant "beatings" (just forced workouts). Its really shitty just cause of how dumb and boring it is but beyond that its extremely easy, for the navy atleast.

Reddit spacing.... ignore what this user says

I don't know much about the US army but if it's anything similar to the Brazilian army you will be doing a lot of pointless exercises that serve no purpose other than make you want to quit.
I had to crawl through an anthill in my training. I still don't know what the fuck that achieved.

Attached: 9D1E56B6-3997-473E-8091-14CDAFE39608.jpg (1080x1080, 646K)

Despite what any recruiter tells you, enlistment is basically a 4 years and change run around where the GI Bill tuition is the only thing of value you receive. If you don't need a way to pay for college, enlisting in the military makes no sense.

The Dept. of Defense owns you for however long you decide to enlist. You have little to no control what you do, or where you go. What ever training you get may or may not have an application outside the military, and you may or may not enjoy doing the work. If you decide to be a fucking idiot while you're enlisted, a dishonorable discharge is almost as bad as a felony conviction on a resume. The pay is shit, and benefits go through the VA who are a pain to deal with.
These are some downsides that can make enlistment a drag. Don't get me wrong, it can be great. But in terms of cost/benefit, the only thing that really has value that you can make yours is that GI bill free college. If you have another way of paying for school or don't want to go to college, it's a waste of time.

And I recommend the air force because you don't have to live on a ship and there is more "regular" work there.

Probably discipline and making you toughen up.

>I still don't know what the fuck that achieved.
It proved when they say "go do this stupid thing that can hurt you because we said so," you'd do it. That was the moment you stopped being a logical self-oriented person and started becoming a puppet of the system.

If you already have a BS just go officer tf. Dont enlist unless its something thats gonna pay well on the outside i.e NOT infantry

Well, I am thinking of doing a Masters degree. Also, I keep hearing the air force is better so I’ll at least look into it.

mild but continuous verbal abuse
sleep deprivation
frequent exercise to the point of muscle failure
everything else is just learning how to march, shoot, bare minimum familiarization with other weapons, first aid, and nuclear, biological, chemical, and radioactive protection

I already am planning on enlisting as an officer.

if there was an anthill in your crawl path already, that's fair game to have to crawl through, but if they just picked an anthill and told you to crawl through it, they just wanted to fuck with you

Ainda bem que só negro consegue entrar no exército, não demoraria muito para eu me arrepender de ter me alistado, agradeço ao excesso de contingência.

>but if they just picked an anthill and told you to crawl through it, they just wanted to fuck with you
It wasn't just me everyone else had to do it.

>I am looking to enlist in the U.S. army.
>please thank me for my service
>you are unpatriotic because you aren't as brave as I am
pick one

depende muito da carreira que vc segue, realmente a maioria das funcoes sao pra preto, mas eu entrei pra brigada paraquedista e gostei bastante apesar das babaquices.

Having served at a few air force bases, I'll tell you that compared to the Army, the Air Force is essentially just like working at corporation.
You'll have an easier go of it and you'll probably have more time to pick up certifications that are transferable to civilian life.

I heard you have to climb a really tall tower

Lol, officers dont 'enlist'. But i got you. Everyone here thinks you are going enlisted because you have been saying enlist. Its different bro

and on the off chance you get posted to an army base
you will get a fat pay bonus for "sub-standard housing" bc the best army barracks are still too crappy for the air force

For what?

then they just wanted to fuck with all of you
there's definitely some value in teaching yourself to push through pain to achieve a goal, but there's much less value in making a specific pain the focus of training when there's only a small chance you'll have to deal with it in combat

Poor choice of words I guess. Though officers need to go through basic training as well, so I don’t know what verb I should have used.

gas chamber isnt even bad, it sucks for like 20 seconds then its fine.
depending on where you go its likely your experience will be POZed. ever since they started flooding women into basic training it has gotten super easy and super lame. I was one of the last few male-only groups that went through some time ago.
basically whats gonna happen is no matter what you do it wont be good enough, just so they can fuck with you to try to show you to always do more than you think you should do. they will always use the weakest link in your group to fuck with you. theres no point in helping them since they will just pick the next weakest person. best bet is to do what you are told, keep quiet, stick to yourself, etc. if you always do what they tell you to do especially when they arent around (they are always watching btw even when you think you are alone) they will leave you alone for the most part. they key is to just do as they say at all times and youll float through no problem.

yeah, most AF "barracks" are more like decent college dorms

You're very hateable just by your typing.

Why join the Army when you could join the Marine Corps? Both can go to war, only one offers you the chance of buttfucking Thai ladyboys.

>only one offers you the chance of buttfucking Thai ladyboys
Navy?

If you're joining as an officer, you can disregard most of what's in this thread. Basic on the gold side is a complete cakewalk.

Thank you.

You fucked up joining the army. You’re gonna be stuck for like 14 weeks in boot camp. When you get out of there you’re still gonna be stuck in bunk beds with 30 other guys for a long ass time to come. The gas chamber is absolutely nothing don’t even think about that one I’ve gone through it twice and couldn’t care less. It sucks but it’s the last of your worries. The navy sucks same life as the army except you’ll get stuck on a big ass boat or sub for 6 months at a time. Should’ve joined the Air Force. Got a hotel room setup to myself as soon as I got to my first station. That’s for everyone. Only branch that gets luxury. Food isn’t as ass. Unless you just weren’t smart enough for the asvab which doesn’t matter you could be a retard for the Air Force but a genius for the army. And no I don’t sit at a desk all day I get my hands dirty fixing jets and keeping them in the air. Money for groceries none of that chow hall bullshit. Go cool places and actually do stuff

>you fucked up joining the army
>dude literally says l o o k i n g to join
>you fucked up

Die for my country, somewhere overseas.

>Sounds retarded and like a waste of money.
Welcome to the military industry complex, were basic tools like hammers cost twice as much because beracracy.

Be prepared to be surrounded by bottom of the barrel brainlets, sure sone of em are good guys but there's a reason they're assigned as basic cannon fodder and not more skill based roles.