Anyone suffer from panic attacks? Whenever I get one outside pic related is what I want to do...

Anyone suffer from panic attacks? Whenever I get one outside pic related is what I want to do. Any tips on overcoming it?

Attached: k-180-name-9949.jpg (1400x934, 237K)

Pee your pants.

Chew gum.

thats really sad user :( i dunno what do tbh

I would carry a micky of rum at all times. Then when panic attack comes get drunk.

you will lose your anxiety when you realise 90% of people are fucking idiots...

I hope so.

these ideas just make my anxiety greater, how can i trust all those stupid fucks aorund?
there is a diffrence between social anxiety and panic attacks.

CBD Oil and slowing everything down. Deep breaths. Creating a checklist in your head so you know you're OK. After implementing this, I've only had 3 panic attacks since then.

Check out Charlottes Web for CBD Oil. Good quality.

Yeah I went through about 8 or 9 months of really bad ones a few years back. I thought my life was pretty much over, but you can come out the other side and feel good again. I'm genuinely not scared of having a panic attack at all right now. That would have been impossible to believe at the time. I think the best thing you can do is talk to people in person about it. You'll find out that people you know have gone through it or are going through it. Learn as much as you can about it. Is there someone you could call when it's happening?

Cognitive behavioral therapy. It worked for me but I'm still suffering.

Try walking around crowded areas like malls like once a week to test yourself. That was my homework.

Was really stoned and got on a public train and immediately started to have one — had to sit up against a wall in a daze and threw up while old Asian ladies were asking if I was okay

Little embarrassing but you got to be able to laugh at yourself

Got off the train and sat up against the wall of the convenience store that was there

yes..go out and force awkward situations with people..it works and becomes funny..the general public are just a herd of zombies..go out and be the boss you are....

You gotta find your comfort thing.
For me it’s either water or painting nails...
I usually wash my hands, face, neck or just go for a shower.
But if it happens outside and I csnt really do any of the above mentioned I usually just call my mom... then we talk for 30 ~ 40 mins and I’m ok again...
always try to remember you won’t die, it’s just your mind playing tricks on you. It might help a little too

Never been anxious or had any sort of attacks in my 30 years alive, had my first one a couple months ago just sitting watching TV for seemingly no reason. Thought it was a heart attack which made it even worse. Once I knew it was in my head and not a threat to my life I haven't had another one since, but still deal with anxiety daily now where I didn't have any before. I've been told it will likely fade over time and not to sweat it, but I don't get anxiety from being in public or social situations, so your mileage may vary, I'd probably recommend a therapist if it's debilitating.

Attached: 1421719069897.gif (250x208, 1.78M)

Pray that it passes quickly.

I have them nearly everyday, sometimes a couple throughout the day. Medication makes them a little faster which is nice. Still have them though. Kinda want someone to just kill me today.

I'm an alcoholic. Yes I know what panic attacks feel like. For me, it's called the "getting sober" process (or withdrawals). Today marks 3 weeks actually. I've been sober 21 days today. I've had several rather major panic attacks. They totally blow. Of course, for me, if I'd have a drink they'd go away. But I refused (and that isn't easy). The shakes are the least of your problems. It's really the anxiety that get most who drink to come back to it. Especially in those first few days or weeks. However, for the more chronic drinkers, it can take up to 2 whole years to make a full recovery. I've been drinking hard and heavy for just about 10 years (I'll be 26 this year). I was a case a day (or a 5th a day) drinker by 17. It's nearly killed me and the withdrawals landed me in the hospital. Needless to say, I got it bad. When I'm going through withdrawals, they give me MAJOR anxiety and I suffer TERRIBLE panic attacks. To be honest, I think I've actually experienced minor seizures due to withdrawals. My right hand starts shaking badly and I get very short of breath. I can get light headed and almost passed out in the street once on my way to get beer at the corner store. I actually had to rush back to the house and down some booze before I could even make the 15 minute journey for more beer. When the panic attacks set in this time around, I was tempted to drink. I've actually still got a bottle to my right because I had it on hand just in case I felt I absolutely couldn't do it. It's still there, full. I went through the withdrawals and tried to convince myself that the panic attacks would pass and that it's all in my head. It definitely didn't work immediately but I got through it. 3 weeks sober and I plan to keep it going this way. I'm not sure just how long it will take me to get "back to normal". But I've got to try.

Based. Charlotte's Web is a CBD "brand" that's actually known for breeding CBD based marijuana plants for the purest extractions. Be wary about "hemp extracts" and cheapie shit you'll see around now.

I take a few steps to minimise the frequency/severity of panic attacks:
-no caffeine
-no alcohol or ciggies during the week - only on the weekend
-regular exercise
-not being a hermit

When I'm having a panic attack I find that knowing where my safe space or safe thoughts are helps; sometimes I have to run to a bathroom to get away from people and calm down or I run the risk of hyperventilating and passing out. It also helps to realise that the thoughts you're having during a panic attack aren't constructive so understand you can come back to them in a safer environment and focus on something else

Hope this helps

yes, a small bit. i got a job at a warehouse where i put packages into boxes. it seems never ending. i hear the cart coming by i think o more. i had some when i was working in retail bagging people's stuff.

I get panic attacks. I usually just kind of of catatonic though. Totally zone the fuck out. My tip would be lots of medication.

Thanks it does.

I've been there user. Is a shitty thing to live. What it trully helped me is stop taking drugs in public/with people, meditating 10 min or more every day (after 1 week u will feel the difference and u will start to love it) and doing at least 5 min of exercise. Do it at home, with nobody watching you. Some abs and stuff like that.

Yeah I've heard exercise helps. I got my own home gym so no worries of people watching.

Unfortunately it does help. I hate doing it but what u earn by doing it really worths it. But concentrate on the meditation part! It is difficult to leave your mind blank at the beggining but keep doing it anyway!!! It really helps you to be more focus, fast thinker, confident and relaxed.

And never forget: besides your mom, nobody gives or will give a shit about you in this world! Think about it: it is a little sad at the beggining but....don't you feel so much freedom by realizing that??

While I've always drank a bit most weekends only the last year or two I've been drinking a lot more regularly. However November and December last year I was drinking every night, and hungover every day for the most part. I had my first panic attack near the end of December while hungover just laying on my couch. Is it well known that sobering up from drinking consistently can triggered anxiety and attacks? Because I've never had them before and was so confused why they'd just pop up all of a sudden. That and I believe the lack of quality sleep from sleeping drunk was probably at play as well.

benzodiazepines really helped me. i was having a panic attack every day shortly after waking up it was horrible. take half to 1mg lorazepam and goes away within 10m. i tried pot as instructed by everyone the internet and it made things worse. also avoiding caffeine

>also avoiding caffeine
There is absolutely something to that, my first attack was shortly after drinking a large cup of coffee, haven't had one since I stopped drinking caffeine.

Same thing with me. I had only ever had one but it was my first time ever smoking years and years ago, and my friend scared the shit out of me. Then one day at work I had a massive one. And after that starting having anxiety. Instead of going to the doctor about it and getting medication, I just figured out thought exercises and stuff to deal with it and it is pretty minimal now. Every once and a while I get kind of anxious but I havent had a panic attack in a while. You just have to realise it's a chemical reaction in your brain and you arent actually going crazy or anything.

Lol just relax

Absolutely. Anxiety and panic attacks are clear indications of alcohol withdrawal. Any alcoholic and some medical professionals will tell you that. I don't know how much you drink, but these things can affect people differently. Our bodies have a different makeup from person to person. Some of us can handle more than others and some get hooked on things faster and harder than others. I won't say "it is this" or "it is that", but it definitely plays a role in my anxiety and panic. The second I get a drink, it goes away within minutes. As soon as I'm sober, the anxiety hits critical mass within 24 hours.

Yeh alcohol makes it go away immediately so it's definitely something to do with my increased consumption. I really wish I hadn't let myself get so out of control with the drinking and kept it to weekends, I did that for years without issue, now I have anxiety if I go a day without a drink. Will just stay sober until it's gone and then try keeping it social on weekends again like before. Also I was hungover and drank a massive cup of coffee the first time I got an attack, so that's clearly a bad combo.

Definitely. Coffee and alcohol are a very bad mix. Coffee can kick in your anxiety for one reason or another. If you are interested, you can look into all of the withdrawal symptoms of alcohol. See if it really is what you have going on or not. And if it is, you will also see what you might be in for if you don't cut it back. I promise, it gets worse.

Yeh I spent a ton of time reading up on symptoms after the attack. I get really bad insomnia and anxiety when I stop drinking, but no other real physical affects from it, except maybe feeling a bit week for a day or so. I only drank daily for a few months so I don't think it got bad enough for full on withdrawal, but I definitely got mental symptoms from sobering up.

when having one hold your breath. try as hard as you can to hold it as long as you can. when you inevitably have to breath, take as quick and short of a breath as you can and go right back to holding it.

I know what it's like.