Best way to clean a bathtub that looks like this? Go ahead reverse image search it's real. Help me

Best way to clean a bathtub that looks like this? Go ahead reverse image search it's real. Help me

Attached: 15801762843284420041110430086816.jpg (3264x2448, 1.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qOjLQF9F5Lw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Had to dispose of a body eh ?

Attached: 41-78+m6DNL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 18K)

magic scrub erasers and hot water nigga

a body and 40 gallons of acid would leave it cleaner than that

Hard brush and Barkeeps Friend.

Near the frozen foods and detergent in Kroger.

Make sure to get with bleach and make sure its the abrasive version

They make a non-abrasive version but that's not what you want.

If it's cast iron, I'd sand it all the way down and then re-apply the coating. If it's porcelain, you're good

Lots of Tilex, and green scotch brite pads.

No I just didn't clean it for a year

Depends. If that's just a layer of shit on the enamel, you can scrub it off. If the enamel is worn through or flaking off, it's fucked so grab a sledge.

Bleach

Good high-pressure cleaner that does hot water or steam would piss all over that. Can probably just hire one for a few bucks and be done in 30 minutes.

Lazy fuck. Don't do this again. You could get sick.

>DIRTTY DIRRTY BOY

First, remove it from the ceiling.

I know you are but what am i

Actually, it looks like it needs to be resurfaced. The gray/silver is whats underneath the porcelain enamel, so scrubbing is just gonna remove more of it.

Stick of dynamite. You'll have a blast while cleaning it.

By profession I do a lot of work with bathroom appliances in general. Here's what you do:

1. Crack a bunch (10-12) of eggs into into it- I am not shitting you. They've got AMAZING cleaning properties.

2. Pour at least half a bottle of vinegar in. This helps to activate the egg cleaning properties

3. Baking soda. This will ensure that the mixture doesn't corrode your tub. At least 1/4 of a box for a tub that size.

Mix it all together and start scrubbing. I guarantee you, it WILL clean your tub.

you fucking idiot, that gray scale is on top of the white! Not the other way around.

that makes mustard gas

A pumice stone and water. You can find pool stones at Walmart and probably from any local pool store. You can also try Lime Away.
-professional cleaner 11 years

Bullshit. There's no ammonia in any of it.

ahahahaha Jen and matt laugh at you

Don't listen OP! You will die!

Still no way in hell I'm trusting anyone here to give me a chemistry lesson

Is it? Or is it a shitty picture and you can't really see the flaking?
And if you go scrape off the enamel from your tub I guarantee you will see gray.

I've been going at this with paper towels for a minute now. I've gotten to the bottom of one part and its white, I dont think it needs to be resurfaced.

i'd start with trying some clorox with bleach and a 3M sponge. put some effort into it and it should take that off. people say you can just pour bleach on grimy caulk around the tub to whiten it, and that might work but you need to scrub it. bleach doesn't make things "white", it actually obliterates the color that they are so that it's a crazy frequency that LOOKS white. essentially, it whitens but on a color spectrum level, that's what's happening.

angle grinder and some scotchbrite pads

sandblasing would do

oops i think meant scotch sponge. the yellow ones with the green scrubbing side.

Bruh. Not joking here, coat with strong whitening toothpaste. Let it sit for about an hour. You'll thank me later.

Attached: Screenshot_20200127-181011_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 497K)

you cant just say that and not explain it what happens.

Bleach won't do it. Bleach disinfects, but it won't dissolve the chemical buildup. It needs a combination of probably a mild acid for the calcium deposit and something for the soap scum and sloughed off skin.

This is stuff you can probably get at any hardware store. If not, they should have something else

This and a scrub brush. Good luck, friend.

Attached: 51+ESLt-4eL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 23K)

It’s too late. You’re fucked. You were lazy enough to let it get this bad, what makes you think you’re going to put in the effort required to clean that mess? I’m a slob and I know from experience.

Muratic acid diluted 4 to 1, just don't use it to make meth this time

I mix Dawn dish soap with vinegar and spray that gooey shit all over everything and let it sit for a while before scrubbing and rinsing.

I'd it's really fucking in there use the gel toilet bowl cleaner with acid

Soft scrub +drill brush. Don't use a green scotch pad because it has abrasives.
For soap scum and motor oil stains: 409.
-Just cleaned a nigged up tub.

Mix large amounts of bleach and ammonia and let it sit

This and the sink is all I have left to do to clean my shit though, ive gotten this far cant turn back now. Also you guys wanna see my sink? It's pretty bad.

Lets see the sink

You’re not going to get your deposit back bro. No way in hell. Fuck landlords though

try a product called on off. comes in gel or liquid. is a boat hull cleaner. its some kind of acid. the fumes will fuck up your lungs so be careful. after that use a product called super clean. its purple. real strong soap. scrob it up good with a scotchbrite and super. next use a product called bartenders friend + scotchbright pad. lastly some bleach. good elbow grease at all steps. if this doesnt work there is no hope.

Attached: 20200127_202321.jpg (3264x2448, 1.57M)

I already know fuck this place the AC was broken in the summer they never did anything about it or compensated me.

Kek
Next time get a Costco case of this. It works on more than just toilets

Attached: 900.jpg (900x900, 141K)

Thats not that bad

sycamore?

jesus fucking christ how did this happen

No, the reality is the vinegar will eventually congeal the egg, but before that you'll get assloads of foaming due to the vinegar and baking soda. The egg will also keeb the bubbles in suspension, causing the foam to resis collapsing. And if you're dumb enough to run it down your drain, you'll have you'll have clogging issues from the egg gelatinizing.

Neat

Toilet bowl cleaner can strip the chrome and rust cheaper stainless (China) steel.

It completely baffles me that people actually live like this. Get your life in order, man.

>Best way to clean a bathtub that looks like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=qOjLQF9F5Lw

Exactly this.
The eggs are an emulsifier and then when exposed to an acid will gel up.
The vinegar and baking soda is gonna offgas right into that egg goo and you will basically end up with a rub full of meringue

I'm surprised troll user didn't include rinsing with hot water as well

pumice stone. they sell them for cleaning tubs and toilets

>Fuck landlords though
lol fuck you back. We have to deal with OP's kind of bullshit all the time. How do you fuckers get shit BEHIND the toilet?

Dilute it
Don't let it stand on shit that isn't a porcelain or glass

Not a big deal.
Or use elbow grease and a weaker cleaner. Up to you

Do not dump bleach down your bathroom pipes you will destroy them.

Is what you want.

i was the one that suggested clorox powder. even that is kind of rough but shouldn't destroy porcelain but a pumice stone is too much for a tub.

Toilet bowl cleaner and let it soak for about an hour.

We leave shit like this on purpose

What do you think I'm trying to do?

false

Attached: Screenshot_20200127-205334_Gallery.jpg (1440x1251, 1.22M)

well, i also felt it was overkill because of the pattern. it doesn't look like serious coverage because the whole mess looks "shattered" in a way that makes me think it could just use some big swirling scrubs. THAT is still very spot focused. so... you'll use a square inch surface to scrub ALL THAT?

if we're going to spend hours arguing about how to clean this tub, let's establish some logical limitations to the tools used.