Do you guys think (modern) rap music attracts dumb people or influences people to become dumb...

Do you guys think (modern) rap music attracts dumb people or influences people to become dumb? I feel like a huge dumbass listening to smokepurpp and playboi carti sometimes

Attached: 17884182_253283841801124_6132048645552105601_n.jpg (960x956, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GBv65ksCA7I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, their born dumb.

Attached: IMG_5841.jpg (251x242, 10K)

Yes, modern rap music actually makes people stupid.

*they're

Holy shit. What should we listen to?

>Their
>Born dumb
We got one trying to sneak past our defenses, boys.

Yes modern rap is for retards who only want to hear about fuckin bitched, xanax addictions, shooting rivals and getting money. All creative rap died out years ago.

What do you listen to? Pig squealing heavy metal?

Lol listen to dirty - playboi carti and tell me that beat isn't incredible

Black music was only good when they played the blues and gospel

i take a lot of comedy out of modern hip-hop that i really shouldn't.

smokepurp/pump/ski mask etc

just have some fooken fun ya goblin monkeys

The main reason I created this thread was because I genuinely feel like rap makes me dumb. I still enjoy it, so I listen to it. Although, I found this guy called aftertheparty like 3 years ago and he's really good. He blends many aspects of modern hip hop and r&b in a pretty fresh way. It's not metal or boomer rock either which is a plus.

If anyone wants a listen, I suggest Bargain - Aftertheparty

Not sure but I know for a fact that music and media influenced younger ppl. They won't realize it until years down the road.

I was in my late teens during the 50 cent era. For a few years he was basically everwhere and it was G unit mania. He more or less brought rap beefs to the mainstream with all the shit he started with many rappers in the Industry.

I remember an increase in aggressive and rivalry type behaviour during his era.

Same with the drug induced era lil wayne and all the rappers from his era brought to mainstream.

Many young people can be dumb (naive, impressionable) and be easily sucks into the influence of media, so I guess I would say rap takes dumb people and makes them dumber.

listen to lyrical rap then. stop liseninng to rhythmic rap.

Same, I speak German nearly fluently and listen to a lot of German rap. It's similar style to American rap, but they actually have an education. I'd suggest expanding out beyond American/English rap.

How the Fuck are you supposed to listen to German rap if you don't speak German?

This lmfaoooo

I speak English and fuck with the Higher Brothers and even saw them live. Four chinese dudes rapping in chinese with joji on 88rising haha

Learn a new language xD
Learning a new language improves memory, communication skills in your native language, helps prevent alzheimer's, and makes you smarter in general.

I also saw an 88rising concert live and it was great

hmm. i've been wondering if learning a programming language has the same effect.

Modern rap is an umbrella that covers a ton of styles. Most of the shit played on the radio is garbage and most of the shit popular with kids is just as bad. But that doesn't mean everything coming out these days is like that.

There are plenty "hurrdurr420mob" style artists out there, but there are also folks like Open Mike Eagle. Just cause some loud voices are saying dumb shit doesn't mean there aren't other voices doing the opposite.

But to answer the question; yeah. I think a lot of popular rap encouraes ignorance and stupidity. That's just not all there is to the genre.

I would be willing to bet it does

Nah

No one listens to Carti for the lyrics. I don't know wtf he's saying most of the time. Those beats are good though.

I mean there are beats I do enjoy, but ultimately the lack of lyrical originality ruins things for me.

For me, early 2000s hip hop/rap was where things began to go downhill.

podcasts

Rap/pop music being one in the same is uninspired shit with no real substance. Sure there's new music that is really good being made every day, but the casual rap song at this point is reflective of how creative nigs are right now.

skrr skrr rain drop drop top my braincells are all gone sippin codeine erry day (random auto mumble) skrrr skrr I fuk your bitch wit my blak cawk skrr skrr

Speak 4 languages and learned some coding last year and not really lol

pls be joking bruh

not any dumber than 80's hair metal and disco.

does the individual in your photo look intelligent?

Only listen to 90s rap and lower.

Hehehehahahahaha dirty nigger

Attached: 1579919647418m~2.jpg (335x415, 16K)

music is done, its been for years. you can go back a couple decades and find some good shit, and you could argue that there is still some decent music made today, but the effort it takes to find it isnt worth it. i would say listen to literally anything but rap but honestly if you're even impressed with 95% of rap lyrics enough to enjoy the genre you're already a lost cause

Yeah but I still like some hair metal lol. But I mean yeah if I like iron maiden I still know a lot of their shit sounds the same and there's honestly not a big difference from one album to the next. But I still feel like there's more effort in it than rhyming and boop bopping street jockin ooga booga music

No and only if you’re dumb. I grew up(teen) listening to rap when it was good, ASAP, Kanye, Kendrick, beast coast, etc. and I ended up fine. Although idk how kids listen unironically to newer garbage rappers without wanting to blow their brains out

For me, it's not about intellect necessarily. It's the energy that classical, jazz, etc. can't really bring. I don't see any issue with listening to rap daily as long as you don't let it embody you. I know kids who listen to Lucki or $uicideboy$ and then start acting and dressing like them.

Plenty of good 90s rap. Not a big fan of 80s but there are some solid artists from the period. But the vast majority of 90s rap was gangsta bullshit. You got your De La Sols and Tribe Called Quests, but for every one of them there were a dozen Mobb Deeps and ODBs(nothing against the Clan, but lesbihonest, ODB did nothing for no one). 90s is even less of a mix then today. The ratio of bullshit to quality art was way fucked off back then.

wrong

ODB was hilarious

>music is done
Nah. You just don't have the vision, fam.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GBv65ksCA7I
Genre is dying. But music as a whole is about to enter it's next renaissance

I couldn't disagree more. Kids in the '80s were saying the same fucking shit. It's really not hard to find "good" music. All mainstream music from each era sounds like other music from that era. 808's and hi-hats are in right now, but they won't be forever. Surface-level radio hits do not define the hundreds of millions of people who are alive and producing music all over the world.

No doubt. Had a unique swagger and style too. But his lyrics were some negative garbage front to back

Just out of curiousity, which rappers do you consider "brain-blowout-worthy?" Im thinking Lil Xan

ok zoomer

theres a fair amount of assumption happening here fam

21 Savage is the epitome of zoomer music

Gen x actually but ok memehead

Yup, good thing he quit quick because he realized how shit he is. Also other thug rappers that have like one song that blows up, but only cracked out white girls know their other songs

there is good and bad music of every genre, but tbh. it doesnt matter. do whatever gets your rocks off, fam :)

Based zoomers getting uninterested in rap and listening to lofi indie shit is good for music

Attached: 4L_dhNeedI6.jpg (728x483, 31K)

wtf classical and jazz are full of energy

Still not a zoomer and interested in lofi AND rap among other styles. Duality of virtue is a lie propogated to keep you in chains. Don't eat the b8 m8

Agreed. I think they meant that classical/jazz doesn't have the same kind of energy as most modern music though

I wrote that weird; I'm not calling classical and jazz substanceless. I'm just saying that nobody dances or "moshes" to jazz. It's generally too chill.

whatever music is most popular with teenage girls is what hits the charts. They like mumble rap cause they can sing along.

Actual artist that make music/lyrics that aren't average get a pass IMO

Thoughty2 on YouTube did a 20 min video explaining why modern mainstream music is the way it is; take a look, I'm sure it'll be interesting for you

Not op but this sounds good. Thx for posting

I listen to modern rap. I can see how people can say its ignorant music but I love it. It hypes me up and makes me feel good so fuck what people say. I just balance it out with other forms of music. Time and place for everything.

>I feel like a huge dumbass listening to smokepurpp and playboi carti sometimes

only a moron could enjoy that bullshit

>taking the bait
Who'se the dumb one?

Imagine thinking you’re smarter just because you listen to empty, vapid podcasts over empty vapid but enjoyable commercial rap

Attached: D63BDE63-2D34-46B0-A8D4-990775E2027C.jpg (640x482, 41K)

Anything other than violent niggers.

wait, how is there such a thing as rape music?

Imagine feeling the compulsive need to shit post a guy who did nothing but recommend podcasts.

It's made by retards for retards, so if you're listening to it in the first place then you were already retarded.

...But I am. I listen to machine learning podcasts while you listen to your HurR DuRr LeAn rAp music

Attached: 4L_oX90TJRg.png (251x201, 7K)

>Tho'se
>trying to punctuate now
Nice try