Sup Cred Forums

sup Cred Forums

i cannot figure this FUCKING calc review question out and i need it to pass my first homework. I got everything else down but its a 4 question total so if idont get this i get a 75.

ANY IDEA?

Attached: meme math.png (756x193, 12K)

bruh this is fucking high school shit. do you not know how to factor trinomials???!?! fml man. this must be highschool calculus right?? Please if you cant figure this out then you need to drop out of university

Attached: brainlet.png (1152x648, 13K)

i already passed calc 1 in college with a B.
theyre making me re take it again (over a year later) because you "cant take a class at another institution" if its a prerequisite course.

fucking bullshit, i cant remember any of this shit. im fine with limits and chain rule and trig identities and shit that actually matters

this stuff i cant even remember at all.

thanks buddy.

this isnt even calculus. this is shit you take so you can DO calculus. its just simplifying. and B in calc 1 is pretty bad. unless you werent trying. What are you going to school for? and if you arent going to try your best and put in effort then quit wasting your time and money.,

I highly doubt you can do limits because you need to simplify in a lot of limit questions. you should review conjugates as well.

im in my third year of software engineering, i have 40 credits left and im doing 30 this year (with no extra courses/overload).

im just at a huge disadvantage cause its been so long since i took a math course.

nice im in 1st year comp sci. got an 83 in calc1. do you have to take calc 1 again? er what

Do my homework for me

Attached: Capture.png (825x185, 21K)

wtf does any of this shit even mean

is that linear algebra 2?

i got an 85 in calc 1 at Florida gulf coast university.
there its a course you can take as a freshman (with no requirements)...
but in new jersey, its a course you have to "test into" or pass pre-calculus math to be in.

I did most of my credits at the NJ college i got to now, but took my math and some other undergrad courses in florida.

I transferred back to NJ thinking i could transfer the math course (even worse, i was TOLD by the transfer services that I could) but a week into me being set up to take calc 2 they told me i was kicked out due to that rule, and had to re take calc 1.

college sometimes is literally just a money scam, i dont know why they would do that.

idk either :/

"applied" linear algebra

i legitimately want to know how this is solved. really anything in this thread. I never had the chance to learn.

kind of dumb taking applied. shouldve taken normal for the nice markyeah my university required a test to take calc 1 as well. which i got 66% on lol which 60 was a pass.
how did 2nd year classes go?

Serious question.
Do you see yourself using ANY of this in your career path?

lookup wolfram alpha, solves stuff like this

x^6-4x^5-12x^4/x^6-6x^5 = 0.666x^5-12x^4

calculus is and linear algebra are very useful tools in programming.

i did a lot better in my second year, but that was the year i split between florida and NJ. it was more rough due to just moving around so much than the actual classes.

weirdly, the software engineering "SE" courses have been the easiest ones for me. im decent with coding but i guess i know design principles well enough that group work becomes easy, and almost everything in those courses is small groups (3-5 people per project).

yeah it's the basis of machine learning

this is truly pathetic

how many btards does it take to solve a simple calculus question?

Considering the first reply solved it I guess the answer is two, him and the OP.

youre a fucking idiot. its not even calculus. and kys

Solve this you wizard

Getting a B in a hard science course at a serious university isn't all that embarrassing. At my engineering school, A = 100-98, B=97-96, C=95-94, etc. Literally like, 1 or 2 guys would get an A max. But this was electrical engineering in the mid 90s. Your grade is probably based on climate change wokeness models now.

programming is so fucking sick. its the closest thing to a super power.

if I did have a sister to kiss, I WOULD

ok boomer

Oh, and OP, I did your problem in my head, haven't cracked a calculus or math book in 20 years. This should be like multiplication tables for you by now.

lol that isn't even that difficult, just difficult terminology for those who have never taken linear algebra.

I got my Bio degree last semester.

I just chegged everything.

I swear all of my math courses were gotten the answers and cheating.

how would you recommend i become a math god? websites? any workbooks?

Stop drinking and/or smoking pot and practice.

why is it that some excel at math, and fail miserably at other subjects?
like me, but I excelled at everything but math.
I'm wondering if it's ADD. I genuinely have no focus, let alone interest in the subject.

alright friend.

i will make you proud.

Half way completing my degree

I felt no interest anymore. It became boring. I literally just remembered the answers, Not actually learning anything.

It depends what you do.
Machine learning/AI? Sure, you'll need linear algebra.
Software engineer/programmer/developer? 98% no calculus/hard maths. Logic is obviously heavily used in any programming though, and if you're not very good at breaking up a problem into smaller pieces, you're in for a hard time. It comes naturally to some, it takes a lot of practice for others--I'm in the latter group.

There's a niche for everybody in programming. I just got hired at a major company in Dallas as a software engineer (over half of you have used their apps I'm sure), I'm on my senior year in college, and I'm 30. Went back to school late, but I've made it I guess. Haven't done any calculus since my sophomore year, and I've done a lot of programming for personal projects and for clients.

thats what learning is