Ok. Are there ANY lawyer fags here...

Ok. Are there ANY lawyer fags here? I have a fairly simple question that I don’t feel need a 100-200 dollar consultation. No crime committed or being accused of. Involves background checks.

Attached: F271FA40-03BF-42E4-A0AA-EB8A03B4F113.jpg (2576x1932, 828K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pennlago.com/new-court-ruling-on-mental-health-and-firearms/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What state?

Pennsylvania

Different user here: Background check for employment or firearms?

Firearm. I went to purchase one and on the “yes or no” part I marked yes when asked if I was ever in like psychiatric inpatient. I was only 12. The guy suggested I double check to see if that was a problem.

I just wanted to be honest. But does some shit that happened as a child affect a 30 year old?

No you were a juvenile, it's sealed

Ok so next time just mark it NO? I really didn’t want to answer yes but the guy behind the counter couldn’t give me advice (which I get) so I was like ok I should be truthful annnnd well I didn’t get my damn gun lol. Kinda pissed but I understood ya know.

Uhh, I'm thinking they made the right call. Based on our limited interaction and, well, your retarded answers, I'm going with roughly a 79.367% chance you would have shot yourself in the dick.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Ass. And the advice. But you’re still a dick. I wasn’t the dumb fuck who came in asking to see shotguns and started sweeping the entire place with the barrel. Sooooo

Attached: BE6BC332-4503-466C-AAEA-511811CC9326.gif (191x345, 700K)

Reasons for crimes can be traced back to childhood issues 99% of the time. I'm not saying there is any causation. Having childhood issues does not mean you will commit a crime. But there is statistical correlation.

Besides, your psychiatric inpatient stay might not even be on the public record, sealed OR unsealed. It sounds to me like it's a medical thing. If there is public record, the FBI (who does bg checks) would have to get a warrant from a judge to see any sealed records.

My advice to you is to be honest. Don't let your past hold you back and don't put yourself in a position where you've committed purgery.

> institutionalized
> feels the need to buy a gun
Ahh America. Never change

I dont know which dubs to trust kek

Attached: 375FC7FD-89B8-4213-BE3C-CC9E4212C245.jpg (474x368, 36K)

Funny thing is I could find someone local who would sell. It’s a loophole. It’s funny though something that happened 22 years in the past with NOTHING after.

I feel you, I got in a fight at 17 and can't own a gun until I'm 25
Background checks are a bitch, why didn't you lie???
They wouldn't have known, it's sealed, but now that you've put yes on one you can't out no.
Sounds like you are out of luck, maybe you could get one second hand and it wouldn't be a big deal but j don't see you walking into a pawn shop and buying a gun if you out that on a background check

Attached: 1580010053452.jpg (738x737, 40K)

No pawn store. Went to a legit shop with a range. Shot some targets then I found a gun I liked. He did NOT run it. His manager didn’t want to run it because that could fuck you over. Idk. Pic best way to put your hands up.

Attached: D081619E-926E-4F7F-956B-245C0F6E1668.gif (500x229, 475K)

You're just the dumb fuck who couldn't look up what types of questions he would be asked and how to respond to them. I'm going to agree with the other user who says it's for the best and you woulda probably just shot yourself anyways.

So I should’ve just lied and catch a potential felony for illegally trying to purchase a fire. Which is a felony. Also what makes you a gun expert? WAIT let me guess. Military or cop. Probably an ex mall guard.

Lawfag checking in....
1. You're a moron. The honest answer was No, you've never been involuntarily committed. Your parents committed you but that's not what the word involuntarily means, it's only when a judge signs a commitment order. Since I doubt that bappened, the answer was No.

2. Even if a judge did commit you, you have a legal right to go to court to prove you're no longer a threat to yourself or others.
3. Assuming a judge didn't commit, you can go to another store and try again. If it's blocked because of your earlier fuckup, you'll need a lawyer to untangle it. Anyway, this blog had info on nutjobs buying guns in PA, so it's right up your alley. pennlago.com/new-court-ruling-on-mental-health-and-firearms/

You should've done some basic research on what questions they were going to ask on the form. Ever heard of google, dipshit.

See

You already missed the lawyerfag thread. Better luck next time. Should probably just kill yourself though.