Can Cred Forums solve this?

Can Cred Forums solve this?

Attached: EAmCTOJXsAYqL4r.jpg (900x900, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UIKGV2cTgqA
youtube.com/watch?v=87H6m2v4zNs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1551705694693.jpg (640x630, 41K)

2 + 2 = 4

8 / 2 = 4

4 * 4 = 16

you dont do multiplication for division. you go through an equation and from left to right multiplication and division have equal priority over addition and subtraction. dont get confused and do all multiplication before division.

Tru

Attached: 1579292253018.png (642x635, 354K)

1, eassy lol

You need the Schrödinger equation here

8 / 2 * (2+2) = 16
8 / 2 * 4 = 16
4 * 4 = 16

retard

(2 + 2)=4
8 ÷ 2 x 4
8 ÷ 8 = 1.

8/12

Attached: 1580066562117.jpg (480x480, 47K)

8 is over everything so even with with your logic 4/4=1...

wrong

in this case the 2 infront of the () is called a pre-factor and it belongs to the () not the 8

its easier if you imagine a fraction.

You solve Parephensis first. So it goes like

8÷2×(2+2)=x
8÷2×4=x
Multiplication always comes before Division.
8÷2×4=x
8÷8=x
X=1

Attached: 220px-Zanzibar_Leopard_8.jpg (220x165, 10K)

Its poorly written. No mathematical person would write an equation that way.

The answer is either 16 or 1. You could justify either.

this

because of faggots like you we can't have nice things
kill yourself

hurr durr nu maths

the answer is 1 because of the distributive property of parentheses. fuck your nu maths.

it s only 16 faggot

Why aren't ppl checking their answer before posting?

Attached: Screenshot_20200128_221433_cz.hipercalc.jpg (1080x2312, 561K)

This says a lot about our society

It does not though, multiplication and division are within the same tier of operations, thus you do whichever comes first as you work an equation left to right or top to bottom.

the anwer is 16 i checked wolframalpha

you kids need to pay more attention in school. and then go to college

thank you

>>
Incorrect faggot.

Because the division symbol isn't defined.

So the equation is either

(8/2)*(2+2) which is 16 or...

8/(2*(2+2)) which is 1

youre an idiot

Attached: EAv9QjeUYAAPfRa.jpg (900x1200, 199K)

youre an idoit too

that is correct because when programing a calculator you write code to read from left to right, but if you saw 20/5x (imagine / as long horizontal line) in an equation you wouldn't do 20 over 5 first. so is correct

16 for anyone who isn't a retard and actually paid attention at school.

a lot of things say a lot about societies across the world. how many people watch TV and play video games for several hours a day? how many people only eat good tasting, easily accessible food? how many people are unhealthy? how many people believe what they hear from certain sources and don't question it?

>da scientist theory sayz dis so its tru cuz science for bigbrain

you cant consult your calculator here its a question of reading the the equation.

You work left to right with division and multiplication if they are all that's left

Look between the 8 and 2...

See that horizontal line with a point above and below?...
...that a division symbol
...it defines the use of division here.

no. wolframalpha is the superior source to consult. they said the answer, written as is, is 16. check for ya self

this. The op, who is probably a nigger, used vague declaration, which is bad practice in math and doesn't happen on this level once you are past 4th grade.

Why would you skip the first operation?

It’s ambiguous. No mathematician would ever create this equation. Your bate sucks!

It defines the use of division, but not exactly what is being divided. It's why you never use the division symbol, instead you use / which is more clearly defined.

Yes. Its 16

yeah but wolfram alpha automatically adds or remaoves spaces and * to calculate shit. and in this case it removes the spaces so the 8, the % and the 2 are stuck together wich will lead to 16 as an answere.

but we choose certain rule for our math, in one of wich is written that if there are spaces used they have to be between every constant, if (like in this case) theres a constant without a space between it attached to something ( like 2(2 + 2) node the spaces between the 2's and the '+') then it counts as one unit.

you wouldnt take the "2" from (1+1)2 so why take the 2 in front?

"^2"*

The 8 is before the symbol and the 2 is after the symbol. The symbol is between 2 digits meaning you divide those digits.
It's clear as fuck is you have any common sense.

2(2+2) = 2*4 = 8
(1+1)2 = 2*2 = 4

You're more closed-minded than Bernie's butthole

This guy nailed it.

8÷2(2+2)=x ||*8
2(2+2)=x*8
8=x*8 ||÷8
8÷8=x
x=1
Im the calculator guy, yes I'm an idiot

You're a fucking idiot.

Parentheses first
8/2(4)
Exponents- none
Multiplication/Division equal priority, done in order of appearance left to right
4(4)

So being a clueless dumbfuck is being open minded?

Just because I understand things doesn't mean I'm closed minded.

The spaces are literally only there for readability. They don’t matter.

Maybe in a couple of years, when you get into Jr. High, you'll learn about the distributive property for multiplication. Dipshit.

Math major here. Not enough info. Need to know if metric or imperial units.

Evaluate : 8 ÷ 2 ( 2 + 2 )
I think it's 16

Attached: MS W10 Calculator thinks it's 16 (sixteen).png (1744x993, 83K)

if you really thinks so you will get many problems if you try and calculate something on a computer..
but also they are pretty important in irl math too

8÷2(2+2)=x ||*2(2+2)
8=x*2(2+2)
8=x*8 ||÷8
8÷8=x
x=1
If I'm wrong pls tell me where

Evaluate : 8 ÷ 2 ( 2 + 2 )󠘁 󠘁
I think it's 16󠘁 󠘁

Attached: MS Excel Spreadsheet thinks it's 16 (sixteen) .png (1920x692, 169K)

Stupid idiots dont know the order of pemdas...the answer is 1

Attached: 1568049721177.jpg (750x413, 42K)

I think it's 16

Attached: Wolfram Alpha thinks it's 16 (sixteen).png (973x1000, 105K)

Evaluate : 8 / 2 ( 2 + 2 )
I think it's 16

Attached: Wolfram Alpha still thinks it's 16 (sixteen).png (960x1000, 106K)

>8 / 2 * (2+2) = ??
P>E>M>D>A>S
So P is for parenthesis
(2+2) = 4
E is for exponents - None in this.
M and D stand for Multiplication and Division, they are treated the same from left to right.
8/2 = 4
4*(4) = 16

The answer is 16.
All other answers are trolls or retards.

Evaluate : 8 / 2 ( 2 + 2 )󠘁
I think it's 16󠘁 󠘁

Attached: Google still thinks it's 16 (sixteen).png (1744x993, 83K)

u put the wrong numbers silly goose

Where? do it the correct way in this form pls

American grade school "graduates"
and their retarded grade school "teachers"
assert that the answer is 1 (one)

I think the answer is 16 (sixteen) so does the rest of the world (apart from the USA limited intellect, ill-educated grade school retards )

Nevertheless, the following American companies agree with the rest of the world:
Google, MS Windows, MS Excel, Wolfram Alpha, etc tec etc.

but of course American grade school retards and the obstinate brain-dead "teachers" know better they ?

> TL;DR : the answer is 16 (sixteen)

This

8÷2 * (2+2)=x
4 * (2+2)=x ||÷(2+2)
4=x÷(2+2)
4=x÷4 ||*4
16=x => x=16
this guy is correct

It's PEMDAS, you faggots.

Paraenthesis first, so we do 2+2 which 4. Next is Multiplication, so now we muliply 4 by 2, which is 8. Next we Divide, so 8/8 is 1.

The answer is 1. Fucking retards and foreigners with your European and Asian retarded math. In America, we learned PEMDAS.

So, if x is 16 then
8÷2(2+2)=16 ||*8
2(2+2)=16*8
8=128 ?

Incorrect
Reference
Then figure out if you're a retard or a troll.

Stupid Nigger maths

OK, I see, still not 100% sure, there must be a rule to get one answer

poor notation
--------
2(2+2)

or

-(2+2)

this is why doctors in mathematics don't use that division sign

there is no rule, because you cant solve a problem which is ambiguously setup. It like if i ask you whose is the best god. jk its obviously Yahweh, you want to control the world or what

bidmas
distributive law

I'm guessing anybody who thinks the answer is 16 is an American. Some of the stupidest people on the planet.

well most of there ancestors were prisoners so what did you expect

Hold on

A black woman math nerd on b?

*their

cant tell if half the ppl are trolling

can't even do her nails right, not to mention lack of taste for color

this

its more like
8 dividing 2(2+2)
think of them in two groups

Found the tranny

I love these threads

Attached: 59A2C2FE-F3B2-4FEB-AE84-902300025DEA.jpg (600x480, 211K)

>The answer is either 16 or 1. You could justify either.
only if you're an ill-educated retard
>TL:DR / can't read : it's 16 and it is not 1

look at how its written in the calculator
its completely different

You're not very bright are you? Perhaps inbred?

This thread once again. All this shows is how the interpretation of math notation has changed. When math was done by hand people used the human ability to start with the parenthesis and work out. This notation interpretation decreased what you had to write and was consistently understood. After computers calculator and handwritten would get different answers because calculator can't know parenthesis exists until it reaches it going from left to right in the equation. They decided to teach people to think of problems more in the style of computers while still trying to keep human thinking notation. Computer can't solve this equation without extra coding to account for missing math function. If multiplication math function is included everyone will consistently give answer as 16. You will only get 1 when it is written in this manner and when person answering was taught using the "by-hand" interpretation of this notation. The answer to this question has more to do with age and how current you are with math education trends than actual education or mathematical ability. To remove ambiguity, the correct answer should be that this is no longer considered a properly written equation

Learn to math, idiots.

Attached: 2020-01-28-23.35.16_1.webm (1920x1080, 492K)

correct but im pretty sure all you retards are americans

If you re write the equation then it's not the same problem. The guy from because science did a video on it. You would just go left to right.

Answer is shadow clone jitsu

Look at all those retards, "actually solving" the math problem. Suck my snake schlong, retards.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

nah that would be to obvious, you just detach your eye from the scull

naa fuck off cunt

The "because science" guy is also a 20-something. He was taught to computer think when addressing problems so he never experienced a(b+c) as being short-hand for (a *(b+c)) when written in this manner. What you are saying is not the same problem is the way this notation was interpreted in the past.

i wonder if >>>sci or >>>g would be as dumb as >>>b to argue about this for 100+ posts

Standard response for people who just want to act superior rather than admit to an explanation. This guy who said this says a lot about society is right. People just want to use any difference as an excuse to call someone else a moron rather than put any thought as to why a difference exists.

CUE THE SONG!!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=UIKGV2cTgqA

Also: B>O>D>M>A>S

Brackets>Order>D>M>A>S

Fuck you. It’s BODMAS

youtube.com/watch?v=87H6m2v4zNs

>for 100+ posts
for no Reason I posted the big whale at the start.

Attached: 1566608817562.jpg (553x554, 29K)

It's 1 because
8÷2(2+2)
8÷2(4)
And then not because multiplication comes first (they happen at the same time) but because 2 is attached to the parentheses
8÷8
But you could try to argue it either way
It's the same concept as
8÷82
You could technically argue that the answer is ½ because it's technically the same as 8÷8÷2 just different notation but most people would give the answer of 2
Notation matters and in math when a number is next to parentheses as in multiplication most mathematicians would multiply into the parentheses first. The point is while technically you could answer 16, if you were given this question on a test and gave that as your answer you would most likely be marked down