User, when did you realise that higher education is a scam and most university degrees are useless?

user, when did you realise that higher education is a scam and most university degrees are useless?

Attached: 34007ad3c63931c70cf4487f402a4800.jpg (445x280, 32K)

> t. Plumber

69 faggot

OP here. Should've learned a trade.

I know how to trade! I have been trading Crypto for years now.

I know how to trade fake drugs!

Awesome.

bump

When my friends started getting highest marks on their tests...

They've only just started, though. Heavy chance that hubris brings them down !

Are your friends stupid or what?

One of them is pretty decent at his shit. The other one has next to no original thought and is just good at talking and parroting all kinds of bullshit...

rote memorization gets the job done, as does ass kissing. The truly smart ones, the innovative ones, are the ones that do okay for most work, but projects and theory work is where they excel.

True. Does it really matter though?

school it's a idea jail/cult

>most university degrees are useless?
The degrees are useful. A typiste friend went to apply for a job at a research outfit. She was asked where she took her degree.
But it's the education you get that's important. Look at how many tech titans dropped-out of college.

The issue is that many degrees have no job relevance. That might make them useful in some idealistic Humboldian way, but not in any existence-securing way.

My job requires a degree. Literally have to have a degree, any degree- to be qualified. So I did some army time, they paid part of it off, I paid the other. Now I’m in a nice salaried job with my college degree hanging on my wall.

I imagine this doesn’t work the same for everyone, but it worked out for me. Can’t complain. I also fucked a lot of really hot chicks in college so that was cool too.

Awesome, I fell for the academic trap.

>t. Plumber making more than you
>t. Plumber actually has a career path
>t. Plumber who can start off right at 18
>t. Plumber with zero college debt
>t. Plumber by 10 years (by 28 if start at 18) is in a higher position and no longer doing the heavy work
>t. Plumber can start doing side jobs on the side once he gets into the field after a few years to make extra cash and less reliant on heavy stuff. can start working 3 - 4 days a week because of it.
>t. Plumber will always be needed because people like you can't figure out a wrench if your life dependent on it from all the soy you consume
t. Plumber job where automation won't be taking over anytime soon

this is the problem right here. most people are average. regardless if they want to admit it or not. its why liberal art degrees are so popular because they're simple degrees that doesn't require much skill. they're mostly just memorizing shit. like pointed out about his one friend.
>The other one has next to no original thought and is just good at talking and parroting all kinds of bullshit
half of the people going off to college have no basis to be going off to college. they go off because they are told to go off. they go off because of bullshit like this:
its the same at my work too. i work at a grocery store and if you want to get into ANY management position you NEED a degree of any kind. it doesn't matter how knowledgeable you are. how good you are. it doesn't matter how long you have been there and have proven you can do the job. corporate mandates you have to have a college degree period. now all that's needed is an associate or higher but its pretty damn retarded. i ended up getting an associates in history to just to move up into management. i took the easiest route. history. just sat there, remembered historical facts, spit it on a test and got a degree. wasn't hard and didn't have to really study. if you can read and remember, you can get a degree in history.
half the people going would have gone into factory jobs and the like just decades ago. good average people that can learn a basic skill and repeat it thousands of times over for decades. but they're not good enough to be engineers. doctors. scientist and the like. they're better off going into a trade honestly because they're perfect those fields. basic skill. do the same thing every day, day in and day out. just like half my store is full of people with BA degrees because they all went for stupid shit like english and all they can get for a job is a cashier position or working in the deli.

When did you realize that you were an anti-education asshole who needs to have a good punch in the cock?

>because they're simple degrees that doesn't require much skill. they're mostly just memorizing shit
lol no frogposter

>just like half my store is full of people with BA degrees because they all went for stupid shit like english and all they can get for a job is a cashier position or working in the deli.
and i want to add to this they're fantastic workers, because they're average. they repeat the same thing over and over again, every day. they know a skill and can repeat it effortlessly. they can't create original works or art. but they can sure mimic and repeat something taught to them. good, average people.

yeah, anti education by telling people they don't need a 50k degree in english. you're not educated. you're just a ditto mimicking what someone else taught you.

OP here. I do have a PhD. Lots of regrets.

bump

In America maybe.

Nigger

Attached: seal-hunt-1-3.jpg (1217x1600, 169K)

Mine wasn't :). Maybe you should have picked a better field than Amphibian Gender Studies

OP here. Pretty close, I'm a molecular biologist. Don't do that people.

Wtf? Im Biochem, how is it not? So many biotech pharma places for you to make good money. Where do you live?

Exactly what higher position can a plumber get? Installing guttering?

NYC. Any decent position in pharma or biotech is extremely competitive - especially at the PhD level.

Then move? Literally that is the most competitive jobs market for any field. Start somewhere else and move back when you have experience. Are you Phd? What field specifically if so. Im in Cancer Biology.

So you have a PhD in one of the fastest growing areas of science with all of the interest in gene splicing, and individualised medicine and you can’t get a job. You must be shit.

This

Not OP, but PhDs are being churned out faster than the baby boomers will die. So kind of a problem :)

What happened?
I want to try some other shit out from Business Administration, I know how to do the job done but sitting at computer making your boss fuck whores and snort cocaine isn't very cool.
I want to be a car mechanic, at least I will be truly happy, bad paid but happy.
I want to try something with History degree too, but being a teacher in my country is a pain in the ass.

I would if I found a job. Boston is just around the corner.

And I did my PhD in pancreatic cancer genomics. Currently postdoc-ing at a large NY cancer centre while trying to find a way out.

I am. And I have experience with what you call gene splicing (transgenic mice, GEMMs, CRISPR). This doesn't matter. Nobody in the industry is really looking for that. There is a huge disconnect between academic science and industry.

OP here. The problem is that pharma and biotech is cutting their research departments and instead focus on university collaborations. So universities are stimulated to employ more PhD students and postdocs to do the work, while long-term jobs die out.

HR departments use them to weed out candidates. Other then that about mid way through my second semester.

bump

>Boston
Get out of New England. Literally that area is the absolute fucking worst for us, midwest is cheaper to live and has more opportunities.

Also how long you been a post doc?

Three years now.

How are there more opportunities in the mid-west? Boston, NY/NJ, SF and SoCal are the US pharma / biotech hubs.

Cow fucking is an opportunity LOL

Correct, making them incredibly competitive. Look out this way, lots of small/mid sized places that are pretty neat. Have met some people from East and West coast that come out here. Also, I feel like post doc is an average if 5ish years no? Kind of like a medical doctor having to put in time to specialize/do residency.

Must be nice to live in squalor and not own property :). Bought a house while going to grad school and have a sizable savings. Plus you have all the trannies and fags.

A postdoc is not required if you don't want to stay in academia. I do because it's the best paying job I found.

Then I still suggest moving out of New England, ik its hard because that area probably has family and friends, but career wise it may be a better bet. You slund like you have decent skills and some exp in research. Just apply to placed outside and see what happens. Gl my guy, unfortunately this economy doesn't allow us to sit still.

bump

The day that my highschool started having a resident, in-house police force, was the day that I decided that, maybe, higher education, just wasn't for me.

This was after three of my best-friends had been cuffed up in class and arrested on marijuana/truancy charges, and so I just blew off my classes and transferred to a homeschooling program because apparently the school I was in was more focused on putting kids in cells, rather than teaching kids.