Hello, my landlord left a note in my mail box saying I have to move out and find a new place in three days...

Hello, my landlord left a note in my mail box saying I have to move out and find a new place in three days. My friends said he can't do this because he has to get an official order from the court and an eviction notice would have to be delivered to me, which would give me 30 days to move. On the other hand however, one dude said because I don't have a real official lease signed with him (I've just been paying him under the table month to month, "verbal agreement"), means he wouldn't need any kind of court order to make me leave and he could just show up with a sheriff deputy one day and physically make me leave, throw all my stuff into the street and lock me out of the house. What do?

Attached: 15615260605160.jpg (640x1136, 154K)

That depends where you live user

Buy your own house, you stinky liberal swine.

ohio

Moar

Also post nudes, you know the drill

without a lease you're considered a month-to-month tenant, and as such"

"To end a month-to-month tenancy, a landlord must give a tenant at least a 30-day written notice to move. The notice must state the date by which the tenant needs to be out of the rental unit. If the tenant does not move out by the end of the 30-day period, then the landlord can file an eviction action against the tenant (see Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 5321.17). Ohio Notice Requirements to Terminate a Month-to-Month Tenancy has more information."

>asking Cred Forums for legal advice
>>
the laws vary widely from state to state

Attached: godzilla_v_stay_puft.jpg (960x800, 342K)

If you arent on any kind of lease then most likely you're fucked.

Boom. I'm in Dayton and have had friends go through the trouble of evicting squatters who NEVER had legal access to the property (illegal sublease, actual lease holder vanished) still had to do the 30 day notice. Youre good OP

btw, if the landlord tries to change the locks or any of that shit on you, call the police because they aren't allowed to do that.

just make sure you have some mail with your name on it or utility statements to prove that you at least live there

most places in the us offer protection from being kicked out summarily like that even in the situation you describe. why don't you just prepare for a 3 day eviction now, tell the landlord no you will not move out, let that guy deal with the legal shit, then you find out real soon if he comes back with a sheriff or a 30 day notice. isn't this pretty simple to figure out your options on your own here?

Yeah, you've established residency that satisfies Ohio's requirements. It'll take months for your landlord to evict you legally and you'll be an even bigger pain in his ass in the mean time.

Once you're legally evicted, you'll leech off some other individual and be a burden on someone new. The cycle probably won't end and you'll die living a meaningless life

Good meaning you legally have 30 days to find somewhere to go

Let me guess, Springfield or Lima

Okay, so this means I have 30 days to move + the 30 days the eviction notice would state I need to be gone by. This guy is a really shady slum lord and I haven't been getting along with him, I know he's just going to try and pressure me to gtfo regardless and probably tell the local authorities some lies that I haven't been paying him or some shit to get them to push me out anyways. What do?

Attached: 078873e740e7ec9823f64a5b0bb1db7a4e9c5dd8a22e10893e3eed7ed9bf308b.png (726x785, 972K)

Every country, state and even county is different. Go ask a lawyer, or at least ask the cops to help you out. Everyone here will tell you different shit.

Get your tits out

it doesn't matter even if you haven't actually been paying him, there's no scenario in which he can legally ask you to leave in three days

start squatting in your own home, you probably heard all the shit about squatters, get creative

also check out local laws and get a lawyer, change the locks now if you're afraid he might take your shit and destroy or throw it out

>assuming they are in ameristan

Dont help until there are timed stamped titties on the thread you fucking FAGS

>sai819495173
OP sd they were in Ohio before either of you troglodytes commented

You’re fine, you have tenant rights meaning if you’ve called that place “home”/ you’ve spent 30 days in that place, they need to go through a legal eviction process, if I were you I would take what ever notice they gave you and go to your nearest civil court to dispute it

Are you retarded? Do you not know who eliza-chan is? I'm using her picture because you can't post without one.

Yeah I know, this guy really weird and sketchy and the courts and lawyers, police, around here are really sketchy and inbred too, so I'm kinda anxious still and I'm gunna have that strap loaded and ready on me in case he wants to pull up and try something funny.

Attached: 9ca18a3c6505bb0e58097d3a58f7027161bde671cc15fb83b77d4547af0294ef.jpg (960x1280, 301K)

Shut the fuck up this is a terrible idea. Do you people not understand going to court costs money and the OP obviously doesn't have much. OP, just move out. Ask the landlord for a little more time and spend every spare second looking for somewhere to live. Some battles aren't worth fighting.