Metal thread :

Metal thread :
Everything goes including "-core"

Attached: 1499848182_ed_full20cover3000.jpg (500x500, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x6Y7iLDj9Cg
youtu.be/VvoZBB79h58
youtu.be/q6pQYJi9Y_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=uLg4BoOSHQA
youtu.be/OpceZzDMgyY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pwgMMtgSTVE
youtube.com/watch?v=S46VtYkvLfg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MX7TcwdqNVw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2NL-uBJ1_4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=FkPw2xOqhNM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gASzR7SKRH4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=J2fB5Ivl_io
m.youtube.com/watch?v=v0vpJTRv6gg
youtu.be/iSzfKyxkLU0
youtu.be/cFauI97wSfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There you go, Tōhō heavy metal. It's all instrumental. I'm wondering if there are any other instrumental bands - can't stand having someone screaming or simply "singing".

Attached: Demetori - 「 Determinism&DestruKction 」 DECD-0012.jpg (500x496, 104K)

Attached: Cover.jpg (600x600, 294K)

>Including core

Poserfag

Attached: D7EC6E71-B71B-47CA-99BF-E4DD2E243388.jpg (640x1136, 100K)

>uses the term "poser"
>indecipherable war metal

16 year old detected. Fuck off with your teenage faggotry

Subgenre names are cringe
For years i thought i hated music when i in fact just hate people talking about music

Not bad, not very good
youtu.be/x6Y7iLDj9Cg here you go

And i also hate people who don't contribute anything useful to a discussion, and rather point out how smart they are

Attached: Bathory.jpg (1000x1000, 95K)

youtu.be/VvoZBB79h58

Attached: images (1).jpg (554x554, 28K)

Great
Sex. 10/10

you are both faggots. There is nothing inherently low quality about any given genre.

Attached: Oceano.jpg (1000x1000, 114K)

Had to slip this in so people can seethe collectively
Some dumbass pretentious faggot ass piece of shit mentioned yesterday to people who don’t even listen to metal that Tool is a progressive metal band

I wanted to fucking throw my glass tupperware so hard at his face

Forgot to mention i was eating lunch at my job when this happened
Hence me wanting to throw my glass tupperware

Me likey

>nothing inherently low quality about any given genre
I agree. Try convincing an edgy teenager about this without him getting triggered as he shoves poorly-recorded war metal albums to your face

>oceano
Just checked this out. I love deathcore, but this isnt my cup of tea. 6.5/10

Fucking 'aether realm'
'The magician' is such a good track. Have not heard anything this good in years.

Btw check this out if you like dc
youtu.be/q6pQYJi9Y_Y

Palladium is now the most valuable metal on earth.

Attached: MW-HE081_pallad_ZH_20190215144524.jpg (890x501, 129K)

This is quite dark and has a lot of promising elements, which is cool because I remember Purgatorium being really bland.

youtube.com/watch?v=uLg4BoOSHQA

one of the best post-metal band i know

This is very good and catchy
I urge you to check out this equally good band
youtu.be/OpceZzDMgyY

based. i played in metal bands in my teens and early 20s and got exhausted of all the pretense and labels. now that i'm getting back into metal a lot of this modern material really shits the bed in terms of quality though. it's a lose lose situation for me.

This track fucking rips m.youtube.com/watch?v=pwgMMtgSTVE

"metal" is too diverse , subgenre is usefull to understand what the group is about, to have a general comprehension of the group

death metal and power metal for exemple are not the same thing , even is it exist some link beetwen them .
Beside , some subgenre is somewhat purely commercial . "hollywood metal" or "pirate metal" have only 1 or 2 band who reconnised themself has part of these genre . (if alestorm is a band of "pirate metal" and is one of the only group who do that , it is not a subgenre . it's alestorm who is doing alestorm )

piss on my peen and call me a faggot

Attached: 51mBo9d1MXL.jpg (500x500, 34K)

Anyone here likes Beartooth?

Metal? Sorry but I graduated high school in 2008.

lmao remember that time austin literally made an entire song where he just cries and screams about his daddy?

sorry i don't understand
maybe i just have to ignore

Attached: not even trying.jpg (625x626, 33K)

bazinga'd!

Attached: cover.jpg (1664x1488, 1.98M)

And so what ?
metal is for teen?

youtube.com/watch?v=S46VtYkvLfg

Attached: Wintercult.jpg (1200x1200, 200K)

Attached: 61706804_310272546554132_8026700170009772032_n.jpg (369x217, 11K)

The undeniable saviors of modern metal

Attached: 040716-mt-ghost.jpg (534x401, 31K)

Because I enjoy not knowing what the fuck is going on

Attached: 3702CCDF-CA32-4812-AF8A-5B13A60CE36F.jpg (480x360, 31K)

Pop metal

Too bad they revealed themselves

Assuming you've checked everything on the artisan era already?

Checkout these:

Severed saviour - servile insurrection
Commit Suicide - synthetics
Cerebric turmoil - bitstorm
First fragment - Dasein
Deviant process - paroxysm

Attached: FC4ACF60-F766-42E1-A2F7-CCB226DF7A0D.jpg (900x900, 262K)

Attached: 0D92ED17-2010-4007-8C33-36CBC15300AE.jpg (1200x1200, 476K)

People who don't understand why they're useful are cringe
No, but DC is bad 99% of the time

Pirate metal isn't a genre, lyrical themes aren't genres.

Kek

Attached: 12DF5AD5-7CF3-4908-9217-D37B6B44098E.jpg (1200x1200, 271K)

No, though i'd like more reccomendations from that label
>inb4 inferi and equipoise

all portal is top-notch

This is the shit

>Austin
Literally who?

Attached: 184DA5E6-F1C9-4BD1-ABF1-B615D4E25DCC.jpg (1200x1200, 520K)

motherfucking the best metal album of 2019
the best brutal slamming death metal album of all time

Attached: 6925603C-B249-4E26-A557-86B7BE2B5894.jpg (1200x1200, 517K)

this turned out real nice

artisan era bands are all uninspired, recycled, newfag joyrides. Only Enfold Darkness is above average.

Thanks nigga, good songs especially cerebric turmoil

Meh

Listened to it when it came out, good album

Good

This is balls. AOTY for sure

whoops i got the faggers confused. it was caleb shomo not austin that cried in a song about his daddy issues
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MX7TcwdqNVw

Warforged - I:Voice
flubs new album
And inanimate existence.

If you think warforged, and flub sound anything like equipoise or inanimate existence, you either don't have ears or you're fucking disabled you retard

They're albums not just songs. Good front to back.

I've been digging these guys lately. Remind me a bit of early era Wretched with some more thrashy vibes thrown in.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2NL-uBJ1_4Q

Nice

it seems like good metal shows are hard to come by nowadays

I will check warforged but is right to an extent tho. Enfold darkness, flub, sutrah and arkaik are the only bands on the label that dont sound like every other band. Im glad TZP switched to unique leader, which is a sick label

Analepsy - atrocities from beyond is waaay better

Flub is the gayest shit I’ve ever heard. I never said they all sound alike, I said they all lack identity, and soul. Inanimate Existence is pretty cool, but it’s still just mind-numbing (as opposed to inspiring) tech death. Warforged is for girls.

Tzp was never on the artisan era lol. They just released the vinyl for them. Shows how much you guys know. Also unique leader is dying

And arkaik isn't unique, they're a run of the mill tech band except for Metamorphignition.

current
youtube.com/watch?v=FkPw2xOqhNM

You're autistic.

Leviathan -Tentacles of Whorror
Good stuff

There's a ton of good underground shit in every subgenre if you're willing to look. Depends what you're into?

Ok since you are this much of an expert, what album would you recommend to us

Gimme a sub genre and I'll link a couple suggestions

I hate fucking cripple faggots like you that migrated here from reddit.

Brutal dm

you're very quirky.

You’re bad at listening to metal, and gay.

I know a lot of anons are going to shit on it for the clean vocals but this is one of the few prog metal bands I can get into.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gASzR7SKRH4

Aight.

Lylathea aflame - elvenfris (brutal DM)

Any defeated sanity

Afterbirth - time travellers dillema. Brutal/prog DM with the same vocalist from artificial brain.
(You should also check artificial brain if you don't know them, infrared horizon is amazing)

Ataxia - awaken the nebula (brutal/tech) super catchy riffs

If you like slam, then checkout these

Analepsy - atrocities from beyond
Organectomy - domain of the wretched
Parasitic ejaculation - isolation
Rendered helpless - entities of transdimensional emergence
Abominable putridity - anomalies of artificial origin

You're an undeniable scrotum.

Quite sad they don't do harder shit anymore. But the new stuff ain't half bad. And the old stuff remains.

Attached: Screenshot_20200130-193529_Chrome.jpg (719x706, 344K)

Damn I remember smoking blunts to this shit like ten years ago. Time really does fly.

Comes closer to rock if you ask me. By I like it.

Dude, Demetori fucking rules

The texts are just so fucking cool. I remember sitting there, listening to that stuff and imagine all kind of space-stuff.

Attached: Cover.jpg (600x600, 139K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=J2fB5Ivl_io
Back from when deathcore was actually good and not just a chug wank. Those sweeps in the solo are fucking unreal.

Fair point. Prog can be a little blurred like that. AL's song structures are pretty definitive of rock but some of their passages kind of dip their feet into metal. If you dig them check out the band they used to be, Art By Numbers. Same vibes but from a different era with a different vocalist.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=v0vpJTRv6gg

metal is quite fine!

>lykathea aflame
I really wanted to get into this album but i couldn't. Im sorry but it sucks
>defeated sanity
This is probably my favourite band hands down
>afterbirth
Fuck yes. Heard a new one is on the way. Solid and unique
>artificial brain
>ataxia
Just checked these out artificial is good but ataxia isnt that much
>analepsy
>organectomy
>AP
>parasitic fap
>rendered helpless
I know these bands, and i fucking dig each one of them. Alex Paul is a literal genius

You have a great taste i must admit, even though you're a scrawny cunt

Attached: witch vomit.jpg (1200x1200, 452K)

There is too much going on for me in this. It seems slightly out of place. The piano and the lyrics. I quite like them, but I did like artificial language a bit more. It feels that they know a bit more what they are doing and in which direction they are off to.

Attached: 71OahLBKXqL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 26K)

I heard it around 2010. I was 16 then. I'll be 26 this year. Yes, time flys quickly. And with each passing year, it seems to fly even faster.

Are you me? Lol

It's worth it to check out some more of Art By Number's catalogue if you have the time. They have an incredibly varied sound. Man in the Box is one of their best songs imo

I didn't like lykathea the first time through either. Production is pretty rough. But it grew on me

And ik I have great taste. Don't need fags on Cred Forums to reassure me just thought I'd share some good tunes.

And I'm dad bod AF, working on dem gains tho

Also good bands :

Ch'the'ilist
Brought by pain - EP
Commit suicide - synthetics
Gigan
Martyr - warp zone
Last of Lucy
Phrenelith
Where depravation lies
Pigs blood - self titled
Pillory - no lifeguard at the gene pool
Pyrrhon
Riftwalker
Serocs
Tangaroa
Unhuman

We are one in the same. I was 16 and jamming the contortionist while I smoked and played battlefield. Turning 26 this year and I'm getting burnt out as a line cook and just want my body to die.

Good, but not as much as the previous two
Thanks for introducing me to this band, me likey
This sounds like every single osdm album ever
Fuck yeah baby. This is the shit

That's because they are are progressive metal/ progressive rock band.. maybe you think differently, but that's what they are

new Viraemia album is coming out

Attached: Viraemia.jpg (717x699, 143K)

You think only alestrom is pirate metal?

Attached: Screenshot_20200130-130854_Google.jpg (1080x1920, 796K)

Bloodbath
Thy Art is Murder
Aeon
Black Tongue
Dawn of Demise
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Hate
Pyrithion
Immolation
Septic Flesh
SLAYER
Winds of Plague

Metal is a stretch. On the harder side of prog rock? Sure. Metal? I'm not feeling that. But I'm jaded because I fucking hate Tool and Maynard is a crybaby bed wetter.

found the normie

Shit no way? I think I remember hearing their bassist died and then I thought they disbanded. If they drop new shit I'll be insta diamonds

Have you ever tried 'between the buried and me'? You might enjoy it, tbh.

Lmao. Gross

Attached: 27F6C1EE-1DE7-4A17-95D7-D766BEE4A66C.jpg (600x685, 84K)

Again. You don't think they qualify as metal-thats yyour opinion. Based on your preferences. But in reality they are

Attached: Screenshot_20200130-131354_Google.jpg (1080x1920, 574K)

O think slayer is overrated.

*ducks*

they reunited and just dropped a single last year.

Of course . Not a fan of their later stuff but the great misdirect is a titan of the genre. Their album of covers from all their influences is pretty bitching too.

Get your push notifications tidied up. What a disgrace.

>Tool is an American rock band

Nah. But when you said that you were smoking and jamming to this back in 2010, it took me back to... Well... smoking and jamming back to this in 2010. I don't even smoke anymore and a lot has changed since I was that 16 year old kid. But I remember the days.

Just some random older bands I've been listening to for over 10 years now. Kind of sick of them now. Listen to a lot of different stuff nowadays. You weren't wrong when you called me a normie. I used to be a metal elitest too. Not really sure why I posted, just kinda felt like it

A lot of new names here, i'll be sure to check all of them out. Thanks again, nigger
How are you so sure ? Their bassist died a while ago and he basucally was the entire band
Kek

Hope you like them nigger. Top tier bands

Buy merch from the ones that are still active and make yourself useful

Also never thought back then I would ever listen to Slipknot. Their new album came out and I loved it. Checked out their older stuff and then started getting a boner to Corey Taylor's singles

I used to love them so much that album is wack af tho

Slayer is Slayer for the attitude not necessarily their music. Their earlier stuff was god tier thrash that bordered on black metal but they dipped off in the 90's. They came back with God Hates Us All and Christ Illusion but once Jeff died and they picked up that middle school edgelord faggot Gary Holt they became sort of a caricature of themselves.

Their newer drops make me cringe. I sure do love me a few run throughs of All Hope Is Gone though

Gotta admit that Threshold from God Hates Us All is fucking slammin

Check out Big Dumb Face.
Couple good songs
-Burgalveist
-blood red head on fire
-mighty penis laser
-jesus retreats
-he rides the skies
-organ splitter
-youre fucked

7000 dying rats is also really good. Seasons in Hell one of their best albums.

Ultra Vomit is also pretty amazing. Luckily I speak French though, but even without it, they're amazing. They have a cover of Ace of spades but the lyrics are a French nursery rhyme. The singer does a pretty wicked Lemmy impersonation too. youtu.be/iSzfKyxkLU0

Yeah well I'm popular. This better?

Attached: Screenshot_20200130-132940_Chrome.jpg (1080x1920, 718K)

Fuck yes. I caught Slayer on tour a few times but their best for me was when they were touring for God Hates Us All. Disciple, War Zone, and Threshold all in a row when I was drunk as fuck off of festival beer.

>reading more than the first sentence

Attached: 20200130_133231.jpg (1080x1920, 670K)

Bro you're tossing an empty hook into waters full of fish that already hate you.

Not him, but yet you bit

Thoughts on this?
youtu.be/cFauI97wSfc

Attached: 1.jpg (800x800, 74K)

I've been listening to a lot of different shit. But mostly just lots of MGŁA and Dealer.

Calling a retard a retard is not biting on anything.

True enough I guess

Generic. I loved Make Them Suffer back in the Neverbloom days and they were admittedly generic then as well, but the vocalist (not sure if it's a different person now) had some high shrieks that set them apart from most other metalcore acts. And their drummer took them close to deathcore with the blast beats. But this is a big no from me, dog. Might as well just listen to Architects or The Plot In You and you wouldn't tell the difference.