Is there any truth to this?

Is there any truth to this?

Attached: 2AC9B4BE-3593-4604-B93B-762BAC2D3779.jpg (557x715, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's always city slickers that say guys with big trucks have small dicks. If you live in a rural area or in the mountains, big trucks are a necessity for navigating the terrain.
So let them say what they want while they pay $1000+ a month for a studio apartment and can't walk on a sidewalk without stepping in human shit.

Yes it's true.
They re-issued California's black & gold plates.
I personally think they should have only been available to pre-1970 vehicles that would have had them available originally.
The 50's and 70's styles did not get enough preorders and those designs were cancelled.

Holy shit you must be insufferable to be around

american utes look so shit compared to utes here in aussieland

Attached: 18136445_10155242816649458_557562801_n.jpg (640x408, 51K)

Irish curse strikes again

I work for a GM dealership and we build trucks like these. 99% of them are pavement queens because the lift kits most customers choose aren't made for serious off-roading. It's the 1% who actually go through and upgrade the rest of the steering and driveline that take their trucks to the dirt. For example, it's pretty easy to snap the stock tie rods on a lifted GM truck.

Yeah but here in D-FW 90% are owned by tough guys who never haul anything or offroad. May be pp related.

Repo man here, and I operate out of (primarily) urban and rural areas in the mid-Atlantic region. I don't measure dicks when recovering collateral, but I couldn't stress enough how common it is to repo a lifted truck and have a manlet with anger issues come outside and *try* to raise hell. It's always amusing, especially when

This

Agreed but, I would install the lift and gearing, ect on my own and save what, a thousand in install price? It's easy to doin you have worked on a truck or two, esp GM, easy as pie. Fuckin stealerships.

Attached: 9lXJdeRkiCbTRvd0JFuPXJxWL2tXyoPoKQvO-pp00-A.jpg (480x360, 30K)

You should be measuring dicks, user.

When what??

You can instantly tell if the truck driver is using the truck for the intended purpose or not. In my area it’s somewhat of a fashion statement. Usually a manlet

The back shop charges the sales department 12 hours at $100/hr to install a lift kit plus whatever else. It sure as fuck doesn't take that long and you'd better believe that gets passed along to the customer and then some. Most people don't care about the total price. They just want their fashion accessory at a monthly payment their bank will say yes to. (84 month financing)

its true

californians arent packing

Fuck, you caught that, and I forgot to delete it. I was going to add that it's especially amusing when it's a younger dude. They go off like they've got Five Finger Death Punch playing in their ears and Monster in their veins. Then, when they realize it gets them nowhere, they wanna jump on the phone with Mommy or Daddy to get their assistance. I could go on and on about all the different types of debtors I deal with, which is why I cut that sentence short.

Im sure theres some correlation, but as far as the few dudes who's penis sizes I actually know (I swear no homo) they drive all sorts of cars, from Prius to F250s. Doc size doesn't seem to correlate.

Having lived in both a northern big city and a small southern town, this is pretty accurate.
I like saying "are you hating someone based on a quick generalization of limited observations? That's racist, please don't be racist".
Oddly enough city slickers have zero problem with those useless mid sized SUVs like Rav-4s.

>Five Finger Death Punch playing in their ears and Monster in their veins
Lel

Trips of correctness, sir.

If I work a legit rural area, I expect to see good ol' boys with shotguns and dogs. If I'm going after a truck in an urban or suburban environment, I'm expecting Kyle the come outside with drywall on his knuckles.

I've had a grudge against those clowns since I was stuck next to a PA blasting their music at a bar in a venue. I deliberately went to get a drink to avoid their set, and got bombarded with it anyways.

Yes and no.
From a psychological stand point, men (people in general actually) have things they're self conscious about, and will constantly try to correct or make up for sub-consciously.
Men that have low self esteem from small peen will buy larger trucks and faster sports cars.
However, the opposite can not be said. That if someone buys an expensive truck or car they are making up for something.
The best way to tell, is how insecure they are about something.
Telling others their truck "sucks" or is "the wrong one" is one example. Pretty much anyone with a bumper sticker saying LOOK AT THE BUMPER STICKER is saying don't look at my vulnerabilities.

I had to drive 4 different work trucks in city, but had a fucking Prius C when I was living in the city. I have a larger sub-suv vehicle in the country. My dick is above average for reference. But I don't dislike sports cars and larger trucks- if I need them for a purpose.

Whats a ute?

Attached: Judge.png (614x351, 256K)

>Oddly enough city slickers have zero problem with those useless mid sized SUVs like Rav-4s.

Ugh. Rav-4's. Usually driven by people who want EVERYONE to know how outdoorsy they are by leaving their canoe/kayak strapped to the roof rack or their mountain bikes on the receiver hitch rack ALL OF THE TIME. And then they like to tell EVERYONE about how reliable Toyota's are and about how great their little toy is off-road despite the fact that they MIGHT have driven it on an easy dirt trail once. (And you can tell because their rig still has the factory eco street tires on it.)

For real though electric cars are the future.
Imagine insisting on buying a fuel that primarily comes from where subsaharan parasites live. No question whether its about the environment or not.

I think the majority of Rav 4 owners can’t get their head out of their own ass, you’re right.
One thing I like about Toyota though is they make excellent transmissions

In my area 90% of lifted trucks are just a result of rednecks breeding eachother, we live pretty close to a city and the roads are pretty well maintained during winter that i rarely see people stuck so it doesnt generally have a purpose other than some peabrained retards exerting bravado, the correlation between that and a small penis may exist among them but i think here it is more of a redneck fashion statement. They also love throwing in stack exhausts and flying and american flag from the back end...fuckin white trash.
P.s. i have a 2018 f-150 because it can tow 7500lbs easy and i drag a rig winch that weighs around 4500lbs with me for work.

What the Aussie's call a truck.

Damn, you’re well spoken. I try not to generalize people but the group you are referring to makes me think of all truck drivers but I know thats not the case.
What do you do for work that requires a truck? Construction?

Utility vehicle im assuming, and he's right, but then again we have paved roads in almost all areas of the U.S. so a rugged 4x4 is almost unnecessary

They would buy a corvette or a tesla

If he said rig winch, that makes me think oil & gas industry.

Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying. I'm a technician and it doesn't take that long at all even if you're welding it in.

Thanks to the utility vehicle import ban the US can only have US made utes and without any competition both GM and ford have been making complete trash for decades.
It's funny watching yanks gets defensive when you tell them this, in the rest of the world where people can buy utes / 4x4s from any country the american ones are basically iphines, overpriced, underpreforming and just owned by wankers to show they have money to burn.

The sad thing is real 4x4s are getting rare but atleast toyota are still doing it right and the BT-50s at work are more capable than I expected.

Attached: bt50lifted.jpg (1280x853, 569K)

2 utes.

Tower work. Remote locations like mountain tops and rarely used roads (especially in Tennessee) and I haul a 10ft trailer with a 4500 lb rigging winch (esentially a crane drum with 5/8 poly-steel rope) plus tools and some broadcast equipment.

GMC = Gay Man's Chevy

Wish i could get something like that here, but to be honest its rare that we have to travel to a location without atleast a dirt road so having to overcome natural landscapes isnt a common necessity

65% of the vehicles I repossess are Toyota, Hyundai, or Honda. Of that, a large percentage are those mid-size "SUV's." Why? False sense of security, false sense of capability, or general compensation. Granted, winter does necessitate more than FWD/RWD at times here, but you'll find most of those vehicles stuck on the side of the road, regardless of that little "AWD" or "4x4" badge on the back.

I've driven hundred of cars ranging through the years, and I have yet to drive a mid-size foreign that I felt confident about in bad weather or off-road, and it has zero to do with my capabilities as a driver.

You do realize that chevy and GMC while being separate is still GM. GMC's used to be the more heavy duty option. GM fucks Ford in their ass and is there any other trucks out their? Nah, not really.

Attached: giphy (2).gif (350x233, 1.21M)

False. Stupid man's Chevy, which is an oxymoron in itself. Anybody that buys into the Chevy > GMC > Cadillac tier system is a fucking moron that deserves to get bent over by GMAC. I don't understand how anyone can rationalize paying at times 5 figures more for a nearly identical vehicle with pleather seats and a different badge.

Honestly for A to B there are very few places in Aust you need one but where they are great is worksites / mines.
I worked in a mineral sand mine that had one of these, all paint snadblasted off, holes from the sand wearing though, one door, front left wheel had no drive (no one bothered checking why) and it was still doing ~200km a day as it had done for 25 years.
I miss that piece of shit.

Attached: 1200px-1991_Toyota_Land_Cruiser_(HZJ75RV)_3-door_wagon_(2015-07-03)_01.jpg (1200x802, 233K)

>it has zero to do with my capabilities as a driver
Doubt.
I had a 1994 thunderchicken when I was around 20, that fucker would slip on a wet fart, yet some how i made it through two of the worst winters our area had seen in 50 years, without getting stuck. People that get stuck generally seem to overestimate the vehicles capabilities or just suck at driving. I miss that POS, RWD with a tapedeck connected to a walkman for CDs...garbage

You know, most wreckers I see are Ford 350/450 or Dodge/Sterling 3500/4500. I have yet to see a Chevy purchased by a tow company or recovery agency in all my years in the business, but I know for a fact that they exist.

Couldn't tell you how many I've seen on the back of a wrecker, though.

You're cherry picking. Depends where you live. I have saw Chevy, Ford, or Dodge. I can say the same for Ford's on a wrecker, they seem to enjoy it.

Attached: BGD9gelCcAAgXlJ.jpg (400x264, 19K)

Doubt away, but what I consider bad weather would come up to that car's mirrors, so I also doubt that you would be making much progress in that.

Post a pic of any factory standard car / ute / suv driving though 3ft of snow, I'll wait.

How much better do you think the "Cyber Truck" would have to perform before it made headroads into traditional redneck / small penis truck markets?

Cherry picking at what? I've got beef with every major manufacturer. There isn't a vehicle on the road that someone can't find something wrong with, and a lot of that has to do with cheap production and lazy design.

I'm simply stating facts based on the region I operate out of. Company/agency owners do not want to spent the overhead that accompanies GM commercial vehicles due to their shitty reliability. Say what you will about Ford, because they suck as well, but at least they're cheaper to maintain and generally cost less in overhead from a commercial standpoint. Dodge/Sterling wreckers cost a fortune to maintain, and guzzle fuel like nobody's business, but have the balls to tow larger vehicles. I've seen a Ram 3500 tow a fully loaded Nissan NV3500 packed with tools in the walk-in rear. That same NV was towed by the lot truck, a Ford 450, and the front wheels of the wrecker came off the ground. Both the Ram and Ford had the same exact wheel lift configuration.

Bullshit. I live in rural Georgia.These guys are just faggots with no class. Mall crawlers.

I owned a 2006 Jeep Commander with NO lift, winter tires, 5.7 Hemi, and my dumbass behind the wheel. All I had to do was dig the driver door out, and clear enough space in front of me to get some momentum. I hit several spots where I had to reverse and power forward on a second attempt, but that was primarily because of compacted snow.

Reference "Snowmageddon" several years back. My region got hit with two blizzards within a week or so, totaling over 3ft of snow that went virtually untouched in between storms.

Post a pic of 3 feet of snow.

I can't see it happening until the average rednecks wife has an electric car which isn't going to be any time soon given the prices.
Once that happens you might get some that realize just how fast and torquey electrics can be.
As a fan of EVs I want an electric sportsbike under 15k for all the groovy shit you can do with motor control (limited slip, bike angle holding ect.).

Getting ontop of it isn't driving though it, I missunderstood your original point.

Attached: _79155810_79155809.jpg (640x360, 25K)

Nissan Xterra.

You're talking about unibody bullshit crossovers, big difference between that and the X

You got me. First and second generation X-Terra were beasts, so you have a valid point. However, take a newer Nissan truck and try to do the same that the X-Terra was capable of. Even the Armada or Titan XD is pathetic in bad weather.

Also, picture of the roads during that storm. Albeit, not a great one, but there are a few reference points that kinda indicate the height of the snow.

Attached: Screenshot_2020-01-31-12-46-35.png (720x1280, 373K)

This guy. This guy is someone I could drink with.

Yeah the "chicken tax" should be gotten rid of. It's outdated and hurts the consumer

Attached: 1993_land_rover_defender_130_300_tdi_155562152113d4075cb78e7f6ac92_land_rover_defender_130_300_tdi_1 (940x627, 204K)

...and another, taken after a plow made it down the street and fucked up my parking spot, which is why I was out there shoveling for the third time that storm. Note the Silverado just sitting there like a good pavement princess.

Attached: Screenshot_2020-01-31-12-56-02.png (720x1280, 978K)

Who’d want a vehicle that looks like some raghead camel fuckers would be riding on it

Buddy refused to take his GMC off road because every time he did he tweaked a tie-rod and had to get an alignment.
They're seriously like half the diameter of Ford.

I have to disagree with GM as trash:
Me 02 suburban 460k miles
Wife 01 suburban 255k miles
Dad 07 Tahoe 275 k miles
Bro 99 sub 589k miles
Sis n law 07 suburban 287 k miles
Nephew 86 suburban 746 k miles
All have original engine trans and rear differential. Biggest thing was front hub bearings on the 02, but actually not too expensive. AC went out in the Tahoe, would be expensive to have fixed but can live without it.

I feel like that truck could steal a lot of bikes, rob a liquor store, then eat 20 gallons of fried chicken.

What are you talking about? The US doesnt ban foreign SUVs

Out of all of them, I'm most surprised about the 07. Post bankruptcy GM is garbage. The others you listed are solid models, though.

You should try winter tires. My wifes Impala was useless in snow. Put on some Arctic Claws and it does great. No sliding around

Aussies think everything american (and americans themselves) are 100% shit. Let them live in their burning fantasy land.

I don't mean they don't work on road, I mean the first time they hit a decent drop they are done.
For example I forgot to mention this thing was also jumped ~20ft long ~4ft high twice a day when I had her, some of the guy were nicer others were harsher.

Not banned but thanks to the extra 25% ontop of standard import tax lots of manufactures just don't bother with the US market en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax

Nah, some of you cunts are ok. I just like to shit stir you with the fact that in every country that can buy from anywhere the US isn't considered a good choice.

No A/C... just, why bother living at that point?

That's not entirely true. It's dependant on emissions, build, age, etc. You couldn't get an older (80's/90's) Land Cruiser for example up until they were cleared for import, but now they're fairly common sights. Think of it the same as Supras and Skylines, both had to wait well beyond their life cycle before they were cleared for import.

Guess what? We can buy from anywhere, and american made is usually right up there in quality. Many times the best. But yes keep buying chinese shit.

>we don't buy american because it's trash
lol let me direct you to chinese wares then

Hilarious
Bro fucking lighten up lol

Good point, the worst ive seen here is maybe 2ft which no one drives in simply because you cant, but that doesnt explain ability to drive. If you knowledgably live in Fon Du Loc or Buffalo and dont have a 4x4 for winter...well no shit. My point is, it doesnt get that rediculous here but I tend to see more 4x4 or AWD vehicles stuck and more sedans off the road completely.

No, I'm from the USA and you are 100% correct. All our vehicles "made" here are assembled from low quality Chinese parts. If you want a durable vehicle, don't buy American.

It's FWD with winter tires, of course it would fair better than a standard FWD with all season radials. My ex had an Impala as well, and the only thing that needed to be done in moderate snow was to turn off the traction control, since it's so goddamned touchy.

Only sucks if they go to Florida. But they'd probably drive their park ave anyway.

>china
Fuck no, Japs got cars right in the 80s and haven't missed a beat since.
You seem to think it's only Great Walls you are missing out on (they are a running joke here) but you don't have Hilux's, BT-50s, Landcruisers or a dozen other great vehicles that are used by people that have never seen a pathed road.

Same is true of "Australian made" these days, Japs are the only good option.

Must be talking about highlander. Been in that plant in Indiana. Won't ride in one after I the shit I saw there.

I live in Baltimore, MD. I'm not nearly as far north as Buffalo, but I get what you're saying. Trust me, I've seen the same thing you describe here. I had to help pull my neighbor's Silverado out of a drift at the bottom of the street, all because his abilities didn't match the vehicle. Even with 4x4 engaged, he dug his own grave by making the wrong moves and applying entirely too much throttle. You can give someone the tools, but it means jack shit if they don't know how to use it.

Also rural Georgia here.
I live on a dirt road. Well, clay actually.
Its raining right now and there's a 50/50 chance some dumb hick is going to wind up in the ditch and block me in for 2 hours while he waits for his buddy to come back with a tractor to drag his ass out.
Even if their vehicle is properly built, they can't drive for shit. Doesn't help that the majority are 2 wheel drive.