Why don't you own an AR-15, Cred Forums?

Why don't you own an AR-15, Cred Forums?

Attached: mahgun.jpg (640x480, 51K)

stop spamming this thread you fat unloved diabetic outcast

i do

I don't wish to gun down middle schoolers

because i have a Rifle Dynamics AK

Stop making the exact same post in every one of my threads, and I'll consider it.

Shut up George.

I live in a lefty state that lable this a death machine but i could get an AK it's papers if i wanted which is pretty funny~

Attached: 3990.jpg (300x299, 51K)

Neither do I? Now explain your point in a calm and coherent manner, as is customary on Cred Forums.

How is an AR illegal but an AK a-ok?

It's the stigma I'm guessing.

An American rifle has stigma, but a Soviet-made bucket of bolts used to fight against freedom and democracy is fine.
Welcome to fucking 2020.

Tis a funny world~

Attached: 65445.jpg (776x1478, 255K)

Because I own a TAR-21 which I like better.

Because I don't think Americans should own assault rifles, and my house is safer with my three children running around without guns in the home.

Good thing an AR-15 isn't an assault rifle.

cuz bolt action does the trick you copythread son of a whore

Lolwut

Attached: 49393.png (214x605, 107K)

Does the trick for what exactly?

Yes it is. Just look at it. Hand grips, flashlights, scopes, high capacity clips, meant for war. How is it not an assault rifle?

Assault rifles are select fire (full auto/burst mode), have completely different internals, and are only manufactured for the military.
Read more.

What is a "hand grip"?

You're not me, FUCK OFF

Is good rifle for women and invalid. No so much for real man. 7.62mm is for men.

I do own an AR15, built it when i was 19 (21now) when i worked out in utah for two months at a boy scout camp but i live in ohio. Didn't tell my parents i had it till a month later when they came to visit me. Moms a school teacher and she was pissed needless to say. Took her to the camp range and everyone there is super conservative filling her head with all the pro gun mindset stuff. Took her a few months to be OK with my purchase. Now i own an AR, AK, M&P shield, mossberg500 and a lil 10 .22 Funny thing is im a bernie supporter lmao i vote left on everything except guns.

There is no such thing as an assault rife.

OP is a lower reciever

They use magazines not clips buddy.

Because it’s dumb. The fuck would I want to own a battle rifle in .223 for? To shoot a bunch of people running away from me? Yeah, it’s pretty good for that but if I want a battle rifle for killin fuckin zombies, it’s going to be at least .308 win ya fuckin pleb

Attached: DC7BAA1B-616B-4869-BC8E-43798E675FDC.png (241x230, 163K)

Ah yes, AR-15s, like Islam, are the guns of peace.

What? I was linking you to another of my posts as a response.

Who is this? I want my family back!

There certainly is, but civilians in the US aren't allowed to own them if they're manufactured after 1986, and even then only with an extensive background check and a $200 tax stamp.

Unpopular opinion: There is a really no such thing as peace. Only minimally violent equilibrium.

too expensive, wish I could though, I've been wanting one for so long but I'm broke and there's this whole I've been diagnosed with clinical depression with suicidal tendencies thing so no one will let own a gun but I say it's my life why can't I take it if I want too?

Maybe I can help you. I don't have any money. But what I do have is a very particular set of skills.

You can build one for $400 easy. If youre just going to kill yourself just buy a bunch of opiates and fall into the deep slumber... much “cleaner”.

Cuz if they allow guns here in eastern europe we will all kill each other. Unironically cant wait

>31
You earned that stigma by beeing harcord non-competitive for the last 20 years, forcing your crap on everybody with politics instead of quality. If its just crap imported from china and relabelled, might as well buy it directly there, safe the middle men.

I have anger issues. I'd be wasting faggots & niggers constantly.

Lol what are you talking about? We outsource manufacturing because a monkey can but shit together 1000 times in a row. All of the design and innovation happens right here.

No you wouldn't.
I used to think like you. Your anger stems from the fact that you aren't dangerous. Put a gun in your hands, and suddenly you become very aware of the responsibility you wield as a result.

I bump my own threads from my cell phone until they are popular, and there’s nothing any of you can do about it. Get mad and stay mad.

Bump

I would get one but I have other things I want to get first, like a house. Currently only have 2 9mm handguns, but I am interested in getting more when everything else is settled.

A rifle for personal defense and a house aren’t even on the same plane of existence as far as expenses. Buying a house is cheap right now, but if something as basic as a rifle is going to make or break your decision to buy a house, then it’s safe to say you can’t afford a house.

That is true but I would be happier with a house than a rifle right now. It's not that buying a rifle would make or break me buying a house, I just have a higher priority of buying a house vs buying more guns for self-defense and for fun. I already don't live in a bad area and the area I'm looking to move in is also in a fairly safe area. I don't see a need to go out and drop money on a rifle when I can spend it elsewhere. As I said before, I already own 2 handguns and in my opinion, anything more than that is a little overkill for me.

because I'm not a scairt little bitch

Word. Just go to the range and practice. I used to work with a guy who did tactical shooting courses and even under simulated stress designed to mimic a home invasion, people experienced with handguns can't hit the broad side of a barn.

What does owning a firearm have to do with being "scared"?

Buying a house isn't cheap right now lol. It is easy to get a mortgage right now, and interest rates are great. The market on the other hand is very inflated and extremely cutthroat. You want that house? Better offer full price RIGHT NOW. Because if you don't someone else will.

This is coming from someone actively trying to buy a house that isn't a complete pile of shit national home for under $150k.

I should also add, in the Midwest. Places like Cali are a whole other ballgame. $150k should go plenty far. But it doesn't.

Where I live, multi-family developments are extremely overbuilt. This provides a lot of competition for traditional homes. Houses are cheap and interest rates are low. Then again though, that's kinda how it always is here.

It's a knee-jerk reaction. Being scared is the only reason not to own a gun, he doesn't own one so he denies this fact.

Assault is an action you weak ass pussy. If someone beat the fuck out of you with a baseball bat, that person would be using an ASSAULT WEAPON.

Being scared of guns you mean?

It's a lot more generalized than just guns, but they usually blame guns for their constant fear.

>owning a meme gun

Lol

Attached: Screenshot_13.jpg (1472x1079, 144K)

>Canada

Because guns are for utter, utter faggots, mate. Real men carry a knife

Attached: scott_boom_boom_carr.jpg (905x840, 83K)

The irony is that I have a loaded AR with a 1000 lumen tac light ready to go under my bed, and I can't think of a single thing or occurrence that I would actually be scared of.

Because nobody needs that kind of firepower. Attack Rifles hold hundreds of rounds of bullets in their clips and no one needs that much to protect themselves.

Attack Rifles should be banned.

Dude you post this every thread and nobody understands it.

The AR is not an ideal close quarters weapon, which pretty much everybsingle household is. Especially the bedroom. You'd be better suited with a shotgun or high caliber pistol. What you should be afraid of is your own retardation.

I've built Ar's and i train with an m4 at work. I own an AK though just to fuck with somthing different. Im not the hugest fan of the AK mostly becouse i can't train with it how i would traditionally train on an M4 but i feel like its a good idea to keep some variety in your life.

Fully semi-automatics, or just regular type?

Plus the bullet is more powerful than anything people should have. Nobody needs a 50 caliber gun unless they are in wars.

I have a 10.3 inch Mark 18-style carbine, which the Seal teams and SF use for boarding ships and clearing rooms. Even with a can on the end of it, it's ideal for CQ engagement.

Both are bad. Nobody needs to shoot a thousand bullets at once.

>hundreds of rounds
>in their clips

This prime /k/ bait.

>High caliber pistol

God please nobody listen to this advice. Shotgun sure. An Ar is an amazing tool as long as you know how to dominate a room with it.

AK's are fun to shoot and fuck with, but for a serious situation, you want a rifle with easily replaceable parts and abundant ammo in the states. AR has both.

Coz i moved to the USA from Australia and i dont trust any cunt in this place, Same reason why i carry a Glock 19 XD

You might be retarded.

What? The thread asks why you don't own one.

I prefer milsurps. Who wouldn't want to perforate an attacker with some 303 and then bayonet them just as his Majesty King George intended?

Ak's have both as well. That train of thought is trash unless your arguing against .308 battle rifles and rare shit.

Oo do you have a pic? i would love to see it

Because they are gay?

>high caliber pistol
all you really need is a 9mm and a quick finger in single room sized cq. prove me wrong I dare you. oh wait you cant.

The main goal is neutralizing a target with as little impact to the surrounding environment as possible. A higher caliber pistol like a 357 or 44 have adequate stopping power while not also having high capacity magazines that a person will usually pull the trigger til it goes click. And yes I recognize that bigger bullets can travel farther but there's considerably fewer of them to go astray with a pistol.

Have you ever looked at the internals on an AK? Obviously not. You could replace 99% of the weapon with scrap metal and a pair of pliers.

Also, 7.62 is readily available, as are 5.56 ak-74s.

Stop repeating shit you read on Facebook.

Because I spend my money on VR headsets to play with anime tiddies and trap's buccis

Get on my fucking level

Is this post an ironic joke?

Nice try ATF. Just google Geissele mk 18

Attached: atfmag.jpg (960x1280, 160K)

I've been in the infantry for 7 years. Never clear a room with a pistol you retard. Not only that but a high caliber pistol is going to limit your capacity, fuck up your follow up shots, present the opportunity to potentially disarm you. The list goes on. Rifle, shot gun, machine gun, then last should be pistol.

>5.56 ak-74s
>Stop repeating shit you read on Facebook.

Follow your own advice.

Ar is over engineered junk. Ak is simplicity. NIGGER

STFU asshole

It's not about clearing a room you crayon eating retard. Its about defending yourself when attacked in a tiny killbox. Mobility will always win out over firepower

It's really not. 7.62x39 and AK parts are available in the US because of the civilian market. The AR equivalents are used by the military and are abundant EVERYWHERE as a result.

I'm genuinely not trying to be a dick. You just didn't explain at all why you don't own or want one.

>Piston AK
>Direct impingement AR
AR has simpler mechanism and fewer parts

The key difference is that AR parts are abundant because the components break down so much easier. Thus, a larger demand for replacement parts. You can freeze an AK in a block of ice, thaw it our and drag is through a bunch of sand and that shit will still fire.

>machine gun for home defense
lmao this guy

My PSAK47 gen 3 runs better than my rifle dynamics AK12 and was $1500 cheaper.

You're a fucking idiot. No infantryman in his right mind would say "machine gun."

Second, you're not clearing rooms against hadji, you fucking idiot. You're reacting to a threat in your home while minimizing damage to property and loved ones. If you think a 5.56 is what you should be using for that then Obama should have taken all your guns.

That doesn't change the argument dumbass. An m4 in a small room is plenty mobile. If were talking even closer then maybe we should be talking about jiu jitsu. you jive turkey.

Yes machine gun. The M249 is the 4th man in the room you fuckin retard. Nobody comes in with a damn pistol. Shit in ranger batt sometimes the M249 is first. As a M249 gunner my shit jams far to often to use that as an SOP though.

Everyone that loves AK's loves AR's too. Some just love one more. The AR will always be the more accurate rifle, less recoil and less crude but its definitely less reliable.

If I had to guess, you didn't even qualify for the marksmanship ribbon. You prefer to just randomly aim the barrel and hope that one of your thousand bullets solves the problem for you. If you did, you'd at least have a basic understanding of how to approach any given situation. in this case, pulling a loaded to bare AR out from under your bed with a tacticool flashlight is such a needless overexertion of what the situation requires.

People have done all of that to ARs on Youtube. They still work. The failure rates of mid-range AKs and mid-range ARs are identical, and the ARs are less expensive.

Why do you spam this thread user? You get the same responses every time. Btw before you call me some anti gun shill or something I own 2 ARs, a glock, a 1911, and a boatload of milsurps.

move to Virginia asshole

>not just using a shotgun first to kill everyone in the room

Attached: +_2ce49edb069a597a481120367619abfb.jpg (655x252, 26K)

>Me justifying myself to you derpity derpity derp

If it was my guess you watch youtube personalities argue about what to use in your home for self defence.

I own a 12 acre ranch. My closest neighbor is about a mile down the road and its a state park behind my property. Sure just becouse your pansy ass lives in a 400 square foot studio in denver or some shit and your best line of defense is a small can of pepper spray so that you don't upset your neighbors and get kicked out does not mean that's appropriate for everbody.

Your acting like 556 is some wild ass round. Like im over here talking about clearing a meth cook out of my barn with a .50 bmg.

>1911

Based. I want to get one but the markup is fucking insane where I live.

Becouse a shotguns spred is as wide as a claymore.

The room has one door, user. That's all the more information you need.

>a 12 acre ranch

A pathetic flex, but okay. I live in bumfuck nowhere, an equally pathetic flex. It has zero influence on my knowledge of fire arms. A thirty round magazine of 556 sprayed wildly at an intruder is going to do more damage than a shotgun or pistol. Its not really debatable. you can't control your shit any more than anyone else can. You'll basically end up magdumping into every single room in your house.

I live in a country where they do some things with common like background checks

Look at mr big dick over here.
Nah I 100% want a jim fuller ak though

Devil trips wasted on such faggotry

Cause they are faggy as fuck get a bullpup like an iwi tavor or something like a real man

1. I'm 15
2. I'm not interested in an AR. I'd rather get like a 10/22 for my shooting needs

Mosinfag reporting in. Only blind faggots try to make up for accuracy woth more lead.

Attached: Screenshot_20200131-181503_Gallery.jpg (1280x720, 401K)

Lol wat.
Maybe if you’re talking about accuracy but even then a decent alternative is more than enough. The fuckin things run like tanks and the internals are simple as shit

Tally-ho my nigga

While cool, bullpups solve a nonexistent problem. Reloading in general and under pressure is a bitch, and the triggers are shite. Having said that I’d still take one cause they seem cool, but not for a few large. An ar platform is better in basically every way that matters, so I’ll stick with that

Attached: 61415D4B-4F80-4A7B-B07A-1722A88E3EB6.jpg (852x854, 47K)

>stopping power
Ask me how I know you’re dumb as fuck

>Sprayed wildly at an intruder

so your saying you can't keep an ar on target.

Why the fuck would you give an armed intruder an equal or higher chance at taking your life in a gun fight. How about you pick up some rounds that have ballistics designed for close quarters. Sure when i was living in a city and had a break in i grabbed the 9mm i owned at the time. But in most circumstances if you are competent behind a rifle that is by far the superior choice unless you had a shotgun of course. Pistol should be your last resort, obviesly between a shotgun and ar. If your not competent enough to not spray the dog shit out of a room then you deserve whatever transpires.

It is certainly debatable, and you're more than likely on the losing end. A 12 ga shell or slug capable of putting a person down will penetrate through the person and multiple layers of drywall without losing much velocity. 5.56, particularly 55 grain spalls and breaks apart inside the target. Much safer for your neighbors.

Also, if you're worried that much about missing, train more.

An ak on semi auto is more than accurate. the myth that it's just a wild ass free for all is western propaganda.

No doubt it’s an over inflated myth but I think that’s because of the way they were being imported over the years. People were buying shit with canted sights and wondering why they couldn’t hit shit with it. They’re a thousand times better now but Honestly it’s more user than gun for accuracy

I’d love to snag a nagant, but it never occurred to me where I might acquire one. Do regular gun stores sell milsurp rifles?

If you were rolled out of bed and fifteen seconds later had to hit your target, you'd fail. That's because the human mind can't adapt to the situation any faster. Granted, you can train musle memory but that'll only get you so far. It's okay to accept that you're in an inferior position in that moment. This steely bravado makes no sense. Who are you bragging to?

You can get a mosin literally anywhere for like 120 bucks shipped.

I own several. Well, I used to anyway, until that tragic boating accident I had recently

I bought mine in a parking garage. Friend of a friend from work. Not sure how hard it is to aquire through legit means.

RIP in peace, gunz

I wish that was true becouse i love running my AK and actualy thats all i own at the moment but my AR's always had Superior follow-up shots.

If your state allows for private party sales without a background check the way you acquired yours is perfectly legit.

That’s due to their design. But that can be overcome with training

I was in Virginia at the time. And I know they're going full blown anti 2A at the moment but this was five years ago.

Your right about muscle memory so thats why it makes no sense why you would argue trying to manipulate a pistol and get a proper grip then maintain control of it in that state vs an extremely simplistic system that you can brace and control. The Ar has more points of contact and the recoil is so little that in the state your describing would be the better choice.

Like i said your acting as if the ar is some heavy ass over complicated system. A pistol can be extremely dangerous in a situation like that.

For what its worth, the bare minimum training I have for home invasions is that two points of contact on tbe gun is always going to be inferior. Unless you're rocking a shotgun where the spread is much wider. You're channeling the bullet through a two factor shaking hand for a gun that requires accuracy. Hence the inevitable spray as you just unload. A handgun is equally as compromised in the accuracy front but if a dude bear hugs you, you can maneuver a pistol much easier than a rifle, therefore its the superior option.

I guess the moral of my story is don't be a try hard with an over accessorized AR and just get a good shotgun.

Ar's suck ass and are unreliable. Get a mini 14

>over accessorize ar

It seems like you have some issue with AR's in general based off your preconceived notion about the complexity, handling, and your remarks about accessories. Yeah a Shotgun is going to be the best bet as long as like we obviesly agree on that its an easy platform to run and you have built up some muscle memory with it.

Anyways I've ran kill house's with guys wearing the pads to attack and even in those cases a pistol made zero difference once hands were put on you. At that point its hand to hand, your most likely not going to be able to place a shot without being extremely negligent doing so and you ran the risk of losing control of the pistol. So with that experience your saying you have i find it hard to believe that your not aware of that.

I qualed on the M4 so Im at least sort of familiar with the weapon. I just can't rationalize having a med to long range rifle as my go to gun when someone barges into my bedroom. someone itt even mentioned having a fucking tac light. That's needless flexing.

I never mentioned a tac light although in a home defense scenerio the need to identify your target in the case of it being lets say your kid that snuck out and had break in though a window to get back in. Or just some drunk guy thats in the wrong home. Nothing wrong with slapping a surefire on your home defense weapon for that reason.

I personally don't at the moment.

Attached: 1569754788901.png (600x600, 136K)

Tac light is a useful tool in a dark house. It costs you nothing not to have it sit there unused. I don't see how you can argue against that.

Bump

Sup, gunfags. I really want a 1911. Is it too impractical of a handgun?]

Attached: o1072ccs.jpg (891x590, 77K)

>No gun permit
>No money
>They're illegal

Nah just don't buy a cheap one.

Can afford one atm, i currently have a Remington 780, a ruger 10/22, savage axis.22, and a smith and wesson sd9 so i think ill be safe for the time being

/k/ would kill you.

Voting sanders is a vote against guns you fucking retard.

Or a kimber. Come to think of it, you're much better off buying a striker fired polymer handgun like Glock, Walther, or HK. Much more reliable. 1911 is a collectors item.

I have 20k rounds through my Daniel Defense with only one failure, a bad primer on a bullet. Gtfo.

>1911 is a collectors item.
Yeah that's kinda where I am at the moment. I don't shoot pistols any more but have always loved the gun.

I don't want one.

If you're shooting, you should be shooting most of the time with pistols.

Oh look, this thread again.

Because I own an AR10

Nah it's a fine gun if you get a decent one, in my top 5 all around favorites. There are newer, more technologically advanced guns out there that will offer superior performance, but you're not going to miss out on anything with a 1911 and it's a fun, sexy gun to shoot. It's accurate enough for mostly anything you want, reliable enough for mostly anything you want, and has no huge drawbacks.

Just recognize that no matter what 1911 fetishists say, gun technology HAS advanced in the past century and you ARE stepping back.

Because I have an FFL and I'm not a pedestrian

Attached: 1574375085582m.jpg (1024x544, 87K)

Yeah i wasn't going to dive into my opinion but as long as its not a cheap one he's fine. Your right though my edc is an hk usp. Damn the new HK's feel great. I cant even hold them becouse my grip gets fucked up when i go back to my usp but i always end up going back to it.

I feel like if I had one I would kill myself and/or others

I use my brain to kill

Attached: 4B9D04D9-4131-43AC-84A9-0616AA43FE36.jpg (748x784, 98K)

Go to a shop or a gun show and feel how different makes and models of top teir pistols like Hk, Sig, glock...ect feel in your hand.

gun shows are for terrorists

I don't need one

I'd rather spend the few hundred bucks on drinking and partying.

My pp is terrorism

probation

if i lived by myself and i had the money i would

because i live in france, and a $500-600 AR-15 in the US is *literally* 1350€ here

so yeah, i want to get one - and legally speaking i can, because i'm a licensed sports shooter, but fuck this cuck pricing

Attached: unnamed.png (344x257, 43K)