How do people do adult?

How do people do adult?

>Be me
>Trying to get my life together
>Work at a miserable job, $17/hr
>Can barely afford to live
>Don't spend money on anything except for basics, eat ramens most days
>Work all year, finally, tax return time
>Single I'm a single white male, only getting $1,000 back on returns despite paying nearly 25% of 30+k salary to federal

I feel like I'm working for nothing. What am I doing? Working at a miserable job for the privilege of continuing to go back to work and living in a shit hole that I can barely afford? I don't spend money on anything... I pay my car payment, gas, food, rent and that's pretty much it. Verizon shut my phone off because I'm a week behind. I don't get how people fucking do this.

I try to get a credit line and I'm declined due to "no credit history". Every card that I can get however requires a fucking $500 deposit. I can't afford that. It would take me months to save up $500 of disposable income. I don't know what to do. I'm tired of this and tired of living this life. I can't fathom going back into that place for one more day.

Attached: todaystasks.jpg (1024x723, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VSZ2zR56yQo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you are in the US you can get education loans and try to learn a more valuable skill

>Education
In the US, going to school puts you in a lifetime of debt and employers could give two fucks less about schooling. It's all about "experience". They demand years of experience for every profession, as if doing something for years makes you good at it.

You are not paying 25% to taxes on a 30k salary

Yes, yes I am. I check my paystub every week, I've been round and round with our HR and payroll department on it. I am paying 25% of my paycheck out every two-weeks when we get paid.

I went from $13/hr, making $950 every two weeks to $17/hr only making $1050 every two weeks.

They are fucking up your paychecks then. You're nowhere close to the 25% tax bracket and getting $1,000 back on that salary? You need to go outside of your company. They're hilariously fucking you.

It helps your marketability if you have skills other than general document building and secretary experience. Just saying, education isn’t the problem it’s the education system. Getting educated is always positive. Be it in a university or otherwise.

Jesus, where I live in the midwest, 17$ an hour would go a long way. I'm guessing your dumb ass put 0 on your w4 when filling it out. Put 0 for more taxes and a bigger return, 1 for less taxes and a smaller return. Move out of whatever major liberal city you live in and move out to the midwest.

Sorry man, I really feel you. I felt the same way too working at a call center. I was making $16.50 and I was just surviving paycheck to paycheck from all of my student loans and living expenses. I felt trapped and jaded. I finally made the decision to go back for higher education, now I'm in my second semester of law school. I'll be racking up the debt, but I'll literally be able to pay off my student loans faster this way. Hope you find your way out man. I'm super content with going back, I feel more alive than I have in years, and I'm making it in law school. Having discipline and work ethic helps a lot, and working a job like that helped me get to that point.

Hurry up and quote your first post so I know you're op, and drop your PayPal or cash app or something. I know those feelz. It's fuckin bullshit. I never worked hard than when I was earning similar wages to you. Keep pushing forward and don't lose hope. You're better than a nigger so you go that going for you.

how do you know he's not a nigger.

He has a job

No one owns anything, that's how you adult. You have to start low with a stupid store account like at a furniture store, then build your way up. After you have that for about 6 months with good payments then get a bad credit card and treat it like a debit card, never spend more than you have. After than then you can get a nice car and a real credit card.

>I'm a single white male
JFC you people. Being white and/or male has fuck all impact on your taxes. Now I'm glad OP is getting screwed just because of how stupid he is. He has the entire internet at his fingertips and can't bother to do a little research (except on Cred Forums of course).

it's not just income tax he's paying. he's paying into social security, medicare, etc. netting out at 75% sounds about right.

im also a single white male. i made just about $27,900 last year and with all taxes together (state, federal, social security,and medicare) I paid just under $5000. im only getting $518 back from federal, and $423 from the state. Meanwhile my friend whos married and has three kids (doesnt report his income - his wife makes something between $50k-$75k a year) is getting back almost $10,000 from the federal, and $3000 from state. i think if you have kids you should pay more for their taxes for education. it doesnt make sense

you're forgetting about payroll taxes. social security, medicare, etc.

Fucking Millineals. You have to work for shit, no participation trophies.

Its easy...go get an education
Enroll in a community college. Get a 2 degree.
Its cheap. But dont get a degree in histroy or some other BS. Math, Comp, Sci, EE etc.....

If you want to take it further, then its an easy transfer to get into a 4 year college, and all you have to do is you major work after that.

Then apply to jobs...tons out there

Fuck off redditor

All the degrees are worthless now. People wouldn't complain if that wasn't the case.

not OP, but I live in rural Maine. surprisingly aside from heating costs i can squeak by on $30k a year. i do own my house though (my parents died and i got it as a prize so i dont owe anything). i cant imagine someone with a family living on that wage alone though and there are plenty of people i work with that do

i went to college for radio broadcasting and got out in 2008. i make more money doing what i do now and its factory work.

You fuck off, snowflake.

They are non playable characters. only NPCs are adults.

he's correct though. your race or sex has nothing to do with your income tax returns.

OP post your W-2. Black out your contact info, SS#, and employer info, but show us the rest. I'm convinced you're either lying or retarded so we'll break down your tax situation for you.

Loser.
Blame someone or something else.

>car payment, gas, food, rent
Hmm weird how those are all luxuries

Don't take this bait, people. I swear to God.

I made 26,700 last year and about 24% of it went to taxes

single white male in mississippi btw

You must be in a garbage profession. I regularly interview candidates, and 19/20 of them have at least a bachelor's, and a master's makes a much more likely hire. It's almost impossible to pick up advanced knowledge jacking off YouTube, and even if you have the 1/1M drive to watch and retain thousands of YouTube lectures without assignments to drill it in, why would any hr let you through past more qualified candidates?

College debt is a serious problem, but college education isn't. Stop giving people bad advice because you don't know any better.

I made 32,000 this year, got back 930. Last year (2018) I made 17,000, worked half that year or so, officially, got 1,300+ back.
>15 an hour, got moved up to 16 an hour over the year
>worked ALL of 2019 (RIP neet life, miss it every day, not really, would have killed myself by now tbh if not for work)

>the more you make, the more you're fucked
Just listen to this song for the rhythm my fren.
>youtube.com/watch?v=VSZ2zR56yQo

Fuckin thread dies the second I post in it? Fuck you niggers.

Bump so I can add to the discussion after my shower.

Attached: XaU3ZWg.png (1920x965, 634K)

The fuck? That's not the image I uploaded.

Im a financial adviser. You need to start acting your wage.
This is the greatest economy in the history of the world. If you cant make here-exactly WHERE the hell are you expecting to go and make it? WTF ? You need to check your privilege.

Depends on where OP lives. Hes not paying 25% in Federal tax in the US that is true. However, Fed tax + FICA(7%)+State tax (4%-8% depending on state) + City tax can ABSOLUTELY = 25%. Also since he got $1,000 back thats 3% so maybe the total above is actually 22%

You should get it back on your tax returns. Btw it’s tax return season friend. Use TurboTax it’s free and ez.

You had me at $17/an hour! Fuck off with that bs!

If that was true, your problems would be solved by stop spending more than you make idiot.

Are you telling us hes a inner city nigroe that cant into dem programs?

no he said he was white....and race doesn't change your tax rate. Grow up and learn some basic 3rd grade math.

I don't

I'm 30 and about to graduate with a computer science degree and massive student debt. I have no desire to program anything other than video games.

I might be screwed, but chasing a dream is better than the white picket fence and a mortgage.

Attached: gz2gvi5wt5e41.jpg (833x950, 106K)

Waiting on that W-2, OP.

In the meantime, anons, don't listen to this asshole.
>You must be in a garbage profession.
There aren't "garbage professions" or "god-tier" anything. They're all just jobs. And your current job doesn't define you.

As an alternate perspective, I got a job with 75k to start as a college dropout (no degree). I worked freelance jobs for experience and so I could talk the talk. Made up a couple of jobs on my resume using friends as references. In the interview I acted like a functional human being. Was it a gamble? Yes and it paid off for me.

My point is there isn't one way to get to whereever you're going. But you need to know what you want and have a fucking plan.

beta lol imagine paying your taxes

>chasing a dream is better than the white picket fence and a mortgage.
It's better for YOU maybe. Stability is more appealing for others. God damn you tards and your rigid thinking. This is why you guys can't get jobs. It's just a job. If it's soul-crushing it's because YOU aren't taking control of your life.

"Go to college and pay for indoctrination."

learn how to cook rice and potatoes, it is cheaper than ramen