Therapy is bullshit

Therapy is bullshit

Not every issue can be "talked through". Why do normies seem to think this shit works the same way a senzu bean works in dbz?

Attached: 0EB9C4DC-BFC1-416A-B028-438944C77524.jpg (602x424, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hds9tFMuU8o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

did someone have a little fight with their therapist today?

Your attitude towards therapy probably has a lot to do with why your therapy isn't working.

Attached: 1553750350814.jpg (552x510, 249K)

this; therapy doesn't work if you're not willing to let it work.

No. Its just bullshit, normie. Tried it for half a yr. Pointless.
No, pretty sure it's therapy as a whole.

Not every illness can be cured. What point do you think you're making?

No. Its a bunch of pseudo intellect garbage. I cant believe people actually believe in it.

Give me one reason why its not bullshit and I dont mean stats. I mean what the fuck is supposed to be so magical about the sessions themselves? Its just there to give roasties jobs so they dont become homeless.

>its supposed to help you fond what the source if the problem is
Already know what it is. Talking bullshit doesnt always work, brainlets. That like saying if I chopped off your arms and legs and killed your family in front of you, its cool. You can just try some magic pills and "talk it out" and you will be good as new... just Lol

That therapy is bullshit and doesnt fix all issues yet normies like to pretend it does.

Simple. I said as much in the op. Why do you need me to spell out something so simple?

Pretty sure no therapist will tell you they "fix all issues". What you're saying is basically "Not all cancer is curable so chemo is bullshit".

And then you want evidence to the contrary that isn't statistical. No wonder you can't be fixed.

normies are pathetic, they believe all kinds of stupid bullshit. i've had tons of therapy over the years and i still hate my life, so how much good could it have possibly done?

>Not all cancer is curable so chemo is bullshit
hilarious that you even equate the two. Chemo involves real science. Therapy is just "talking".

>evidence that isnt statistical
I like stats. Thing is I dont believe just because someone "improved" while partaking in therapy doesnt necessarily mean it was DUE to the therapy to begin with. Most people have baby shit problems that they would have gotten over with in time anyways and therapists take credit for it with stats.

None. Its a meme.

>therapy doesnt necessarily
ignore "doesnt"

I can’t believe you fucking type shit like this and then use the term “roasties”. Honestly I was with you until I read that. You’re just a fucking moron.
>inb4 SJW
>inb4 white knight

I'll break it down for your smooth, smooth brain.

"Therapy doesn't work for all mental issues therefore therapy is bullshit" is exactly logically equivalent to "Chemo doesn't work for all cancer therefore chemo is bullshit". I've literally just swapped the nouns.

If you think one of those arguments is dumb then they're both dumb and it's up to you to come up with something smarter if you don't want everyone to know what a smoothbrain you are.

>therapy doesn't work if you're not willing to let it work.
Are you saying you have to believe in it for it to work?

Huh? Just kys if youre going to nitpick something this damn stupid.

>"Therapy doesn't work for all mental issues therefore therapy is bullshit" is exactly logically equivalent to "Chemo doesn't work for all cancer therefore chemo is bullshit". I've literally just swapped the nouns.
LMFAO! You call ME the smooth brain? Retard. I was well aware of what you did. I said it was a flawed comparison because your comparing fake science with real science. Idiot.

>If you think one of those arguments is dumb then they're both dumb and it's up to you to come up with something smarter if you don't want everyone to know what a smoothbrain you are.

No, retard. Dont compare fake science with real science.
Let me give you an example of fake science. I was diagnosed with major depression for instance. Were there brain tests? Any tests at all? No. They diagnosed be basically just by me telling them about how suicidal I was for years.

Thats not science, moron. Thats pseudo intellect dogma garbage.

>REEEE THERAPY DOESNT WORK
Explain all of the people who say that it did work for them.
Hint: change your statement to ‘therapy doesn’t work for me’

everything after "damn stupid" was meant for you:

Lmfao I just did here, brainlet:

Ok you fucking moron. A ‘roastie’ isn’t a real thing. It’s a generalization and it’s not even a good one in your example because a ‘roastie’ wouldn’t be a therapist. My point is you’re a fucking idiot therefore your opinion on a complex topic like this is literally irrelevant. Just like a roastie’s would be. Retard.

>Be you
>Faggot
>Go to high school
>Waste of time
>Don't learn anything
>Don't try at all
>???
>School is worthless
>Therapy is worthless
Same shit

There's a whole wealth of clinical research out there that disagrees with you, but you've already decided that that's "fake science".

I don't know how to argue with your feels if you don't like reality.

Are you seeking validation for not going to therapy anymore? How is life working out for you playing the victim all the time?

>rostie
still on this... seriously, end your life. I refer to brainless women as "roasties", fool. Stop crying about this already.
>complex topic
Lol...

Your word salad is basically 1 point
1. You used "roastie" therefore your argument is invalid

Talk about retardation. Weak as shit argument

I agree lol. It's a meme. I went to it for like a year and was still crazy. I just naturally became a normie as I grew older and all that shit from when I was 20 just seems dumb

>There's a whole wealth of clinical research out there that disagrees with you, but you've already decided that that's "fake science".

Again, the way they diagnose is bullshit. How the FUCK can they know I have a "chemical imbalance" without any fucking tests of any kind, brainlet?

THIS is reality. Until they actually use empirical data to diagnose issues, it's fake science.

Same as if I went to therapy :)

There is, again, a huge amount of research on the effects of serotonin in the human brain just for a start. You can even learn about it on YouTube since you're barely literate.

I mean, if you're asking me that question it's because you're genuinely clueless, not because you have any counter-arguments to all the actual data. And I can't argue against your feels if you're this willfully uneducated.

>calls people a brainlet
>doesn't realize that making generalizations literally makes you a brainlet
>thinks a brainlet like himself is entitled to have an opinion on fucking anything
Just shut the fuck up retard.

No, retard. I have actual experience from when I was diagnosed.

0 fucking tests done on me. Thats a fact. They diagnosed me on words only and basically gave me pills trial and error style. Very scientific kek

Maybe you shut the fuck up. Your arguments are weak as shit.
>whaaa he used the word roastie whaaa

>making generalizations literally makes you a brainlet
>doesn't realise that "all therapy is bullshit" is a generalisation

I asked you a straightforward courteous question to clarify what you meant by your statement and all you can do in reply is throw out a few rude and infantile remarks.
You're an impertinent and presumptuous brat and from your reply I think it fair to conclude you're incapable of forming a considered and sensible reply.

I was also sent to the mental hospital twice. Same shit.

Yeah, "experience" being your personal feels. Your personal feels aren't data. They aren't empirical. It's your feels. And I can't really argue against that. All I have is massive amounts of neuroscience and clinical data.

You said therapy, but therapists don't prescribe pills. Psychiatrists prescribe pills. Do you mean psychiatry is bullshit?

>Has an issue with therapy.
>"Do therapists realize not everything can be talked through?"
>Talks through problem with professional, licensed, and trained therapists... with Cred Forums

Genius.

Well I should clarify and say both. I talked to therapists and they sent me to a psychologist and yes, they assigned me pills (trial and error style).

>people have a problem
>nothing changes, problem intensifies or doesn't go away
>start therapy
>problem gets better
>REEEE HURRHDHNDNAN IT WASN'T THE THERAPY DEEENRNRRN IT WOULD'VE GONE AWAY ON ITS OWN DUUUUUURRRRR
you OP: youtube.com/watch?v=Hds9tFMuU8o

A psychologist isn't a therapist. A psychologist's job is to diagnose and fix. A therapists job is to listen a d provide motivational interviewing that you can take or leave as you see fit.

Such is life.. Anything you wanna get off your plump juicy chest OP?

Attached: sexy_garfield_by_mr_conejin_ddj2btk-pre.png (744x1074, 204K)

No, retard. Read carefully. This isnt about me "feeling" like they are straight up dumb "cuz I say so". Its due to their methodology.

Again, they didnt diagnose me with tests. Just questions.
Nuff said. Not rocket science. Ive seen various therapists and psychiatrists. Its the same fucking story all the time. Psychiatrists dont do tests and therapists just ask generic questions. Actually the last one I had got stuck with me. She had no real idea what to ask me anymore.

I'll say this. The more baby shit and simple your problems are, the more likely it is therapy might be able to do something (if it wouldnt just fix itself anyways). The darker your issues, the more unlikely this becomes.

Therapists and psychiatrists cant handle dark issues and in reality, they probably never will as nothing will ever be so simple to the point where "talking+pills" will fix everything or even "somewhat fix your issues". Some issues are unsolvable. Thats just a fact.

Thats what I said

senzu bean? adderall?

More weak brainlet answers.

>your argument is weak as shit
Yours is literally an opinion backed up by nothing but your personal experience. Holy shit never debate anything with anyone in real life because you will fucking embarrass yourself.

Weak argument as well. Yes, b is known for retardation. Just feel like spreading the word :)

>backed by nothing
Okay. How is me being diagnosed with no tests the equivalent to me not backing up what I say with evidence? Moron.

>unironically using normie this much
this is your first problem

Attached: kingston.jpg (598x475, 54K)

You don't understand their methodology. You asked how they could diagnose something without a physical test. Which is dumb, because diagnosing based on symptoms is pretty ubiquitous across medicine.

Again, you could learn about this. You could look it up. You could find out about the fascinating world of neuroscience, the way in which the efficacy of SSRIs was discovered, you could just get the most basic overview with a YouTube search.

But this isn't about you having scientifically overturned an entire field of research. This is about your feels, because it hasn't had the effect on you that you wanted.

>not rocket science
to clarify, im saying what im explaining isnt as hard as rocket science to understand. Not that I expect the same effort to be put into the mental health industry

Then why don't YOU pick YOUR brain and figure out what makes you tick? Don't insult the profession because you're placing yourself in some obscure minority of patients that "cannot be fixed."

As others mentioned, your outlook has more of determining factor to the success of therapy than your ignorant ass is willing to admit. If you go into a therapist's office with the preconceived notion that it will end in failure, then guess what? It will.

Jesus fucking Christ. I've never even been to a therapist, but the concept is simple enough to grasp. You're just being too stubborn to see it.

You're not wrong, some things can't be "fixed", I will give you that. However, that's where the treatment versus cure debate enters. Some cancers can be removed, leaving the host healthy and able to move forward with life virtually unaffected. Some cannot, and require treatment, a means of providing relief and comfort to stabilize the host and make life as tolerable as possible.

My point? You can get diagnosed with terminal cancer and blow your brains out before dealing with anything, suffer without medication and let the cancer kill you, or just participate in TREATMENT that *could* improve the overall quality of your life while you still have it.

> Which is dumb, because diagnosing based on symptoms is pretty ubiquitous across medicine.
disgusting circular reasoning. Thats like saying "you want to die therefore theres a chemical imbalance in your brain".

Look, idiot. Tests are usually run on people. With chicken pox for instance, you can at least see obvious tells of it and at the end of the day, its an actual real thing.

With "depression", you cant just fucking say "you sad 4 yrs derefore u have a chemical imbalance in your brain".
Look, stupid. I get prolong sadness actually DOES do things. It shrinks parts of your brain for instance. Thing is they focus on trying to fox the symptoms themselves rather than the cause and the cause most likely was an event, not some random bullshit.
And the thing is the more traumatic the event, the less likely it is it can be fixed at all. Look, even the therapist I talked to admitted pills are not solutions rather a way to lessen mental pain.

In other words, they rely on just words. Words alone wont fix dark issues. Nuff said.

This nigger is calling you out

I don't think circular reasoning means what you think it means. There's nothing circular about saying diagnosis based on symptoms is common medical practice.

Literally no therapist says "you're sad therefore you're clinically depressed". I'm sorry you're woefully uneducated but I don't know why you won't try fixing that instead of inundating me with your feels.

*and yes I get with chicken pox they go by symptoms but again, if they wanted to test it to see it's actually on a person, they could. They dont do that with "depression". They dont see brain scans to see what is the problem. They dont ask you questions why on a cat scan or whatever the hell they were called (when your in a tube like machine).

Its straight up bad methodology. Again, to clarify, at best they can possibly help solve insignificant issues that would have just fixed themselves regardless.

I know your feels are telling you there's no empirical basis for the idea that depression can be caused by chemical imbalances.

I'm sure it's a super strong feel as well. It's not true though. You're a google search away from finding the mountains of research on this exact topic.

I would tell OP to get a dog but clearly he's too much of a dumb nigger who can't even take care of himself

>I don't think circular reasoning means what you think it means. There's nothing circular about saying diagnosis based on symptoms is common medical practice.
Let me guve you an example of circular reasoning:
"I dont like the color red therefore it's not real".
You make a conclusion and try to work backwords in order to try to make the conclusion true. "She said hi therefore she loves me". "I hate carrots therefore everyone hates carrots", etc.
What I said still stands.
"You want to die therefore you have depression". Same shit. Circular reasoning.

> you're sad therefore you're clinically depressed". I'm sorry you're woefully uneducated but I don't know why you won't try fixing that instead of inundating me with your feels.
Youre the ignorant one. Oh the irony. Thats literally what they do, moron. Ive been "diagnosed" by various psychiatrists and idk if therapists can or have diagnosed me, but Im sure as fuck the psychiatrists have. Thats what they fucking do. They ask a series of questions such as "how long have you been sad?", "Have you made plans to kys?", "what are your hobbies?", etc. Shit like that.

Long story short, they ask generic questions and straight up diagnose you like that. Not my "opinion". Thats straight up what the factually do.

>"I dont like the color red therefore it's not real".
>"She said hi therefore she loves me"
>"I hate carrots therefore everyone hates carrots"

Not one of these is an example of circular reasoning. They're non-sequiturs.

That IS circular reasoning.

non sequitur is actually somewhat of the inverse of circular reasoning as it needs a previous statement that has nothing to do with the conclusion. Here is an example: "Youre ugly therefore I have a 4.0 gpa". None

Attached: CDB03FA8-5F06-46B2-A7EC-52BF899DF6DB.jpg (1242x1912, 807K)

user, I think you're talking to a wall.

Let's recap here...

This dude is in therapy. He has been through several therapists over the course of years. He has clear psychological trauma, and has convinced himself of the delusion that the the study of mental conditions and treatment of them is a fallacy. OP came to this conclusion with no research, no experience in the field outside of his own (complete with obvious bias), and the previously mentioned traumas. That's a nice little trifecta of "blah blah blah. I'm not listening", isn't? And he wonders why therapy hasn't helped. He already knows it all.

got cut off. Ignore "none".
Anyways, here's non sequitur pic. Again, circular reasoning is basically eliminating all possibilities except the one you are trying to push. Thats basically the easiest way of understanding it.

Attached: 01FC9093-FA64-469C-9EEB-BDFABCF59BBA.jpg (1242x1857, 490K)

The only way to resolve an issue is
to relive the issue and find a way to
cope against it.

>with no research, no experience in the field outside of his own (complete with obvious bias), and the previously mentioned traumas.
Retard. That is false.
My conclusion derived from the FACT that they ran 0 tests whatsoever and basically just guessed when making diagnostics. Fail.
They just ask generic as fuck questions and call that "science".

Circular reasoning is when the conclusion is contained in one of the premises.

The premise "I don't like red" does not in any way contain the statement "red is not real" and so "I don't like red therefore red is not real" is in no sense circular.

Oh, I know. I'm not trying to convince him that therapy actually works on a statistically significant level. I'm here to point out that every post he makes is coming purely from his feels. It amuses me.

We don't think theropy will fix your retarded mind, we just hope you stay pacified until you die of old age. selling you lies is easier and safer then killing you.

there are two types of people with mental illness. troubled, and broken. it's pretty easy to see the difference in a mental hospital. in fact, the one i was in separated the two groups. mine was the "troubled" group who was there for making threats or trying to kill themselves in cries for help. the other group were people who couldn't handle sitting still or even seeing others smiling because their sputtering brains were short-circuiting and they felt rage. most of THEM were black. my side was white except for the rare faker who came in with "i hear voices telling me to hurt myself or others", simply wanting pills. one was a really nice black guy who got out of prison with that line and i talked to him, just bored one morning after breakfast in the courtyard and there was NOTHING "wrong" with him, he told me about how he was in prison and when he got back he hoped his tv was still there. all he wanted were feel good pills to pass the time. half an hour later, i heard him telling his bullshit schizo claim to a psychiatrist.

if someone is merely troubled, they can be counseled. the hardest part there is readjusting their value systems and their shame as to what is the underlying cause of their problem. you should watch "the sopranos". he's a guy who grew up traumatized by fear and violence but who ALSO has a slight chemical predisposition that is found to be hereditary that causes him to have panic attacks and pass out.

Fact, huh? They're diagnosing your dumbass the moment you walk in the door. From the way you sit, to the way you react when posed with those "generic" questions. You just don't like what they have to say because it doesn't fit the narrative you've already established in your fragile little bubble, so you're coming here seeking validation on your theory.

Grow the fuck up. This is why therapy doesn't work for you. As soon as you're told something that you disagree with, you wanna start spouting your opinion as fact, as if your opinion outweighs your therapists education, training, and experience. They see people like you throughout the day. You're not special. Your problems are not unique, I promise you.

As soon as you get over your "no one gets me" emo phase, you'll be okay. Just let it out.

Yes it is. Heres yet another example. "I dont like red therefore no one likes red".

That is circular reasoning because you eliminate all other possibilities (i.e. Joe likes red) and state it as a fact. Doesnt get simpler than this

>works on a statistically significant level
lol. I even addressed that but you ignored what I said above, brianlet.
Pathetic.
> I'm here to point out that every post he makes is coming purely from his feels
I already destroyed that disingenuous remark.
Them diagnosing me based on generic questions isnt me basing things on "feels". It is factually what theyve done :)

Keep thinking your winning here though

How is the conclusion "no one likes red" contained in the premise "I don't like red"?

Circular would be "No one likes red therefore no one likes red".

It's no wonder you hate science when you're this bad at logic.

Weak argument. You tell me to grow up when your dumbass gets butthurt because I attack your dogma? LOOL!

Retard. Long story short, what they did isnt scientific as they cant prove there is something wrong with my brain without actual fucking tests such as brain scans.
Doing ANYTHING else without HARD data is PSUEDO FAKE SCIENCE.

Not that hard to understand, dumbfuck. Your dumbass brain cant comprehend the importance of hard data though because your a dogmatic sheep. This isnt like a physicist making an experiment in a lab. This is straight up guess work and you actually call that science due to having a shit brain.

>As soon as you get over your "no one gets me" emo phase, you'll be okay. Just let it out.
Lol, retard. Been suicidal for 8 years and its only gotten worse.

Keep being a dumbass that jumps to conclusions about me though :)

>No one likes red therefore no one likes red
the fuck kind of shit example was that?
Also, retard. here is an example not even from me :). Pic related.

How pathetic the pea brain actually thought I was wrong about this :)

X is true because of Y
X = conclusion
Y = assertion being made
i.e. I hate red therefore everyone hates red.

Sorry, but you got anally raped by hard facts :)
I encourage you to talk to an english teacher if you can.

Attached: 8F922584-E5D4-44A4-80B8-8F075B18B181.png (1242x2208, 868K)

Let me ask you something... Am I the one burning through therapists? Am I the one unable to solve my internal emotional conflicts? Am I the one resorting to the asshole of the internet for legitimate support of your opinion on a legitimate medical practice that has been studied by people from all over the world of all walks of life and backgrounds and life experiences of their own going back for generations?

Didn't think so.

I'm the retard, though.

Don't burn your tendies, if you're capable of heating them yourself.

I swear the moron will mot understand and try to "correct me" despite the fact I am 100% factually right. This isn't even up for debate. This is literally how circular fucking reasoning works.
Even when I dumb it down, they just can't cope with being wrong.

Pathetic people browse Cred Forums. Holy shit, what a dumbfuck that person is. This is the ultimate btfo, but they are the type that can't swallow their pride and admit they were wrong.

> legitimate medical practice
Is this ylyl?
> studied by people from all over the world of all walks of life and backgrounds and life experiences of their own going back for generations?
They are pompous douchbags that participate in circular reasoning when diagnosing. Thats not a fucking "opinion" based on "feelings". Thats literally how they diagnose.I even gave specific examples of the questions they asked when "diagnosing" me.

Yes, you are the retard. Glad we agree.

It could work, although I'm opposed to it myself. Your attitude has squat to do with it because finding the right therapist is like finding a best friend. In fact, better you go find some like-minded people who enjoy what you do. If you don't enjoy anything, in the short term, find some folks who are currently engaged in whatever you are at a given time, maybe they feel the same way about it.

I didn't want to confuse you by adding a minor premise.

>X is true because of Y
X = conclusion
Y = assertion being made
i.e. I hate red therefore everyone hates red.

Ugh. Let's say X = I hate red

Then we have the following:
I hate red is true because of Y
Therefore, I hate red

Notice how X ALWAYS equals "I hate red", because, well, X always equals X. But in your example, you conflate "I hate red" with "Red is not real".

OP is a know-it-all that has no intention of bettering himself and is only here to seek self-validation and regain a sense of control over his life. We all know that deep down he's fragile and insecure and that's why he throws out senseless insults and claims to be smarter than anyone in the thread. He's here on a self preservation power trip, which in the long term is going to bring him more sadness. I hope you can find some sort of peace OP, you deserve it whether you think you do or not.

Attached: 1569173234468.png (581x814, 853K)

I think therapists are like chiropractors. Most are bullshit and when you find a good one it's awesome.

I've been considering going to a therapist. 42 married, kids, house, etc. I feel like an outsider's view on myself can correct some of my bullshit. It's not like I have demons or lead a secret life, I think it's just beneficial to be on the outside looking in for a change.

To your point: I had a friend that went because he kept getting into bullshit relationships. He kept coming home with his head totally fucked (in a good way). He was given truths that he was unaware of and he now realized them. He never changed. Now banging (married to) some troll that's 20 years younger and stuck in the same shitty job. I think a lot depends on your receptiveness to change.

>Not emo, retard.
>Suicidal for 8 years, keeps getting worse.
>Woe is me.

My argument is weak and isn't backed up by facts, though.

It's getting that way, especially when you skip right over the FACT that you're the dipshit that can't find the right way to communicate your trauma with a trained medical professional because you think your Google searches are worth more than someone who has dedicated their career to helping delusional fucks like you realize that no matter how alone you feel in your self-imposed bubble that you're not, and that there are ways to productively cope with trauma. It's cool, though. Eventually you'll be institutionalized and you can spread your gospel to the sock puppet people.

>Not emo, retard.
>Suicidal for 8 years, keeps getting worse

Attached: 1496600014827.jpg (800x800, 319K)

Oh god, you dumbass. I work today so this is probably my last post so Ill destroy you one last time.

"I hate red therefore everyone hates red."
I'll explain why that is circular reasoning (even MORE of an explanation).

I don't know for a FACT EVERYONE hates red. Bob might love it. Some person on the other side of the world may love it.
That's why I can't say "everyone hates red" as a fact because I dont KNOW.

That is why it is known as circular reasoning. You ASSUME one thing is true therefore it's always true in all cases. In this case I would assume everyone hates red just because I do.

Look. I dont have all day talking to an illiterate monkey. If you still dont get it, just ask in Quora. Tired of ignoramuses

for your sake I hope this is just a fellow user I btfod that got salty and not you samefagging.

Anyways, Im off to work. This thread has become a repetition and Ive already won with what I presented (i.e. diagnosis based on circular reasoning making it fake science).

You dont get that, too bad. I cant fix retardation. Bye

I don't need to sit through an extra captcha to co-sign for myself against some dipshit who never grew past the emo phase.

My Chemical Romance should have stayed broken up. Now this kinda shit will be the norm.

New to the thread and you're a little bitch. Did you Blow the Fuck Off some other user?

He sure did if you're the one that posted...

He didn't blow me off. I would've noticed.

No one is going to solve your problems but yourself. If you don't want to be helped, there's nothing that can be done.