Why is Russian roulette seen as a big deal? There is only an 8% chance that you will actually die

Why is Russian roulette seen as a big deal? There is only an 8% chance that you will actually die

Attached: 6AEFAC8C-A95B-4BC2-AAAB-5A6F8B1434D2.jpg (360x280, 15K)

higher than your chance of dying from pictionary tho

Yeah but movies try to make it seem dangerous but there is only one bullet. Your success rate would be something like 92%. Do you know how easy your life would be if everything you did would be 92%

1/6*100 is the percentage you stupid cunt

What? It’s still basically the same

*16%

16.67 is not the same as 8

Yeah but they’re basically the same. There is still no risk

The risk goes up after each round

No they're not, you nigger

Attached: viper.jpg (1440x1440, 183K)

No risk would be a zero percent chance of injury. 16% is greater than zero because fucking math.

This is also incorrect. You don't keep pulling the trigger in Russian Roulette. You spin the cylinder each time, giving you the same 1 in 6 chance each play. This is assuming it's a 6 shot obviously, some revolvers have less or more.

fine if there is no risk then put a gun to your head

But you still have a 90% chance of walking away perfectly fine so what’s the big deal

100-16=84 not the odds I want to take, but you should give it a go

Do it then pussy if youre so high and mighty

84 is still pretty good and I was rounding up

It's 83.4%, so if we're rounding you've got an 80% chance of living. I suppose those aren't bad odds, considering there's a 100% chance that you're a faggot.

So real Russian roulette works like this. Two guys sit at a table with a revolver and a bullet. A third person leads the gun and spins the chamber and hands it to player 1 who then points at his temple and pulls. Then player 2 does the same. If no one dies they do 1 more round and if still no one dies the third person takes the gun and spins the chamber again and the process repeats from there until someone dies. It's not a 1/6th chance of losing it's a 1/2 chance because someone's going to die player 1 or player 2

I only round up like in jeopardy if you go over might as well round all the way up

It's actually 17% if you're going to round it to the nearest integer.

lol none of you assholes know how to play russian roulette or you all suck at math

its a two player game. your odds of getting shot are 2:1

Attached: piece-of-shit.jpg (1920x1278, 524K)

ok, nm, this guy knows his shit

Attached: 1580380338321.jpg (600x458, 54K)

it's not 8% retard, it goes up each round respectively:
16.667%
20.000%
25.000%
33.333%
50.000%

Attached: 70makeyou.jpg (640x480, 17K)

The odds won't prevent the revolver from being discharged on the first try. There's nothing perfect about it.

Question: Why play Russian Roulette?

Answer: Because if you lose, you won't care. But if you win, you'll get to see some dumbass blow his brains out.

Yes, but you can improve the odds by adding more bullets.

Attached: IMG_20191208_123821.jpg (897x589, 93K)

Op should play it with a semi auto

Think you need to redoo that math there retard

>Yeah but movies try to make it seem dangerous
yeah that's because the fail state is death. What are you retarded?

Op must be black because this nigger retarded

OH we got Mr maths over here with his integers and rounding numbers

you can play Russian Roulette with 6 people though

/thread

not in all variants; in some you only spin the cylinder once and then flip a coin for who gets to go first and then you take turns until the inevitable happens. In another variant, you do the same thing but with 5 rounds instead of 1 -in a six shooter, that is. Imagine that.. you load five slugs into the cylinder, flip the coin and your mate gets to go first and the gun goes "click" and he passes it to you.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x199, 1.1M)

>it goes up each round respectively
only if you don't spin the cylinder for each new round

you do not spin the cylinder for each new round in Russian Roulette.
you must be thinking of something similar

i wouldnt take the chance

With a magazine the chance is much lower

as someone who spends a massive amount of time working with numbers I can't even see half the time, 92% success is not a high enough chance for something with an infinite risk curve
(IE any chance below 100% success chance on something with even a 1% chance of mortal consequence) is too high of a risk, hence the Infinite Risk
any chance of failure is too high for the action to be worth committing. This is offset by another "infinite risk" factor where a previous action has resulted in mortal consequences ergo you're going to die anyway UNLESS you accept another riskier proposition with a higher risk curve.

That's ignoring that it's not a flat 8% anyway. Your chance of failure goes up with each successive unchambered click and will also go down depending on the number of players IE 6 players will be the lowest risk whereas only 2 participants would effectively incur a 50/50 succeed/fail chance

see
variations on a theme, same but different yada yada.

0.17 is not an integer

did you just assume their value?!

This, just make sure you aren't first

You spin the cylinder so the guy doesn't just back out or point it at you.

dont think that math adds up user

Attached: 1566781752787.jpg (1846x1212, 244K)

But mine only holds 5 tho

Attached: Snapchat-271453488.jpg (1836x3264, 1.19M)

>Why is Russian roulette seen as a big deal?
Because it's a big deal to find someone with a still-functional revolver

I have like over 9000 of them