I'm going to my cousin's wedding in America, I'm from south Korea and was curious how tipping works in America...

I'm going to my cousin's wedding in America, I'm from south Korea and was curious how tipping works in America? How much do you tip? Why do they tip when they are already getting paid? What happens when you don't tip?

Attached: 1581003324983.jpg (640x757, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dol.gov/agencies/whd/state/minimum-wage/tipped
minimum-wage.org/tipped
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

20% is standard, more for outstanding service, never less than 15% if they're really shit.

Don't listen to any entitled manchildren that say "HURR DON'T TIP" it's the correct and respectable thing to do.

What if the service is mediocre?

Servers typically get paid minimum wage or less and as such count on tips to make a living. 20% or more of the bill is considered generous, 10% or less is rude and if you don't tip at a restaurant you frequent you should expect poor service. Cash left on the table is preferred but when paying buy card you can write in an amount. The rules get weird with large expensive bills as in your pic, but in general a $15 tip is awesome, the poster is just being a percent based asshole. If you go out with someone who offers to pay for your meal, it is polite to offer to leave the tip for both peoples. If you each get your own bill, then you each leave your own tip.

Shut the fuck up faggot why should I pay extra money for someone to do their fucking job. if they want more money they can provide exceptional service or ask their boss to not pay them like shit.

15%

It's shitty, yeah, but nobody working in a restaurant makes a living wage

>inb4 "don't work at restaurant lolz"
80% of jobs in the states are in the service industry, the vast majority of those are front-line retail work. All the "better" jobs are already taken.

20%

If they're not rude or neglectful there's no reason to dock them. They're doing a job and sometimes people have off days. Maybe they were super busy, or the kitchen was fucking up. Have some decency.

Entitled nigger faggot.

I don't tip.
Don't tip. Only cucks tip.

Just the tip
Just to see how it feels

stupid social media whore, should just get married and stay as a housewife

This is the gayest spin on the threads normally started with this image.

>tipping isn't the law
>tipping is generous and generally expected
>10 different variations of the same "I always have a base tip and then tip more for exceptional service" post that every idiot think makes them seem like a reasonable person

There's your fuckin' thread, bud

I go to a restaurant and pay extra for food when I could just make my own. I'm paying extra for the service and convenience not because the food is any better. Servers expecting tips from customers is entitled. Again if they want more money they can get it from their employer who's sucking up the extra money anyways.

the wage for most servers is about $3.50. they have a special extra shitty minimum wage because tips are considered an integral part of their pay.

they just bumped it like 20 cents in my state and my pussy ass boss was bitching about how terrible it is today because it costs him a whole 700 a week more in payroll. fuck you dude, we do 10k a day at a 20% food cost.

I don't understand this either, I live in a South American country and even we in our shithole don't have this stupid tipping culture.
But apparently it's already very deep inside American culture so if you don't want to potentially get spit or other fluids in your food you have to tip.

So you just don't understand how it works, or you think you're just entitled for people to wait on you hand and foot? Either way you're a fucking mong that doesn't deserve to go out to eat.

>20% is standard
get out stupid libetard

15% is "standard", 20% for excellent service, 10% (or less) for shitty service. even restaurants know this and that is why 18% is the default applied for a 6top or bigger (because it requires more work than the standard).

and don't go bitching about not making enough. I worked as a waiter in a steakhouse, I left every friday night with at least $150 cash after just 4 hours of work. slower week days I would leave with just $60-70. that's $500 a week while only putting in 20 hours. waiting tables isn't a profession, it's a job you take to make ends meet or if you need the flexibility to attend school during the day and work at night

next you're going to try to claim pizza delivery drivers deserve more than 10%, or that you should tip your hairdresser or uber/taxi driver.

Said the unemployed cheeto fingered alt right meme warrior from mom's basement.

>8%
bitch, that is 9.5% almost 10%. you tip on the subtotal not after tax

You cuck im literally already paying extra for food I could make my self. That extra money goes to the wages of the servers who already get paid to do their fucking job. I don't expect shit from them other than to bring food to my table which any half brain retard could do.

They also have to be nice to you, which from the looks of it must be difficult because you're an insufferable, unlikable person.

you suck at reading I see, goes well with your liberal arts degree in female studies, I'm sure

I waited tables while I was attending college, why would I be unemployed and in my mom's basement?

meanwhile, you have never worked a menial job in your life, so you don't understand the value of money, daddy will just pay for it, amirite

its a way for employers to scam their way out of paying a remotely livable wage to 2/3rds of their staff. its extremely american.

shut up aspergers, you probably are too poor and stupid to go out.. fuck off all the way

they are not "already paid". making less than 4 bucks an hour base pay isnt really getting paid.

if a waiter fails to make minimum wage via tips, the restaurant is required to make up the difference, which is why they require you to report your tips

most waiters are too stupid (like you) and try to avoid taxes by taking cash tips instead of reporting their income to their boss/IRS, and then bitch about not making enough money

I will never tip a %. It makes no fucking sense.
Give me a good experience and I'll throw a nice tip your way.
Do nothing but bring me my food and check and you're getting nothing.

dis nigga thinks hes fooling anyone.. to the trash bin you go fatso

impliying..citation needed..

Maybe their employers should fucking pay them then? instead of expecting customers to

this

What a radical idea

What's respectable or correct about giving your money away to someone you barely know?

Waitressing is a job, not a charity. Do your fucking job.

Wow, incredible. Such a novel idea. I assume you're going to spearhead this campaign. Really get the legislators moving, light a fire under them? Nah you're just gonna be a cheap piece of shit and disrespecting wait staff because you're an entitled nigger faggot.

He deserves it. These people are working a job, willingly. I currently have two shit tier jobs (retail, and then work as a janitor). I've been a waiter. Its nothing especially bad and these people aren't deserving over other jobs to get tipped. If anyone does, it's the people cleaning literal shit off the walls. "They need the job" isn't an argument cause even in a state where half the year is snowed out you can get labor jobs literally everywhere.

You guys need to protest against tipping culture to eradicate it from the roots.
The problem is obviously some people will have way more tips, having a better income than the chef for example.
I know many people won't want to protest this because it's convenient to them, because they get way more money, even more than what they actually deserve.
Tipping is an American Cancer and you guys need to get rid of it to get paid what you actually deserve in your salary and stop annoying customers, when i go to a restaurant I want to pay a fixed amount, not a fluctuating one dependant on tips.

they are paid less than minimum wage with the expectation that they will be tipped. some restraunts take a portion of their tip money too.

Literal retard that doesn't know how to read

>Hurdedurr im an entitled cunt who expects money from people cause im too much of a pussy to ask for more money cause ive been cucked by my employer and everyone above me

No, you don't deserve to get waited on hand and foot because you waddled your fat ass into a restaurant, pointed to a picture on a laminated menu and pulled out your zelda chain wallet and doled out your hard earned NEETbux for food to be raised, slaughtered, harvested, packaged, transported, paid for, stored, prepared, plated and literally dropped in front of your lazy ass. FFS you neckbeards disgust me.

not implying, I was a fucking waiter

dol.gov/agencies/whd/state/minimum-wage/tipped

a lot of companies get around this by offering their waiters 1/2 off or free food once per shift.

>samefag
yikes

This should help

Attached: 1579826806516.png (1030x837, 377K)

>some restraunts take a portion of their tip money too.
nope

you're asked to "tip out" to the kitchen staff, but it's not required. this is the kind of ill information people like to spread which makes waiters not want to report their tips to the company

>oh no two people couldn't possibly think I'm full of shit
what a sad, cringey manchild you are

Attached: faggot.jpg (371x150, 14K)

the trump supporter and his idea of the market

sure bud sure..

inorite

Attached: 12o398.jpg (486x117, 10K)

i mean i agree with you, i am BoH anyway and it irk me when they make more money than i do in the kitchen, but without it coming down from above(fed or state wide) i only see it hurting people in the transition period.

not to mention the problems with have with nearly universal employer wage theft in the industry

this may apply in california..or so..

> Tipping a barber $20 - $30
My barber charges $15 for a haircut what kind of bullshit is that

oh no, it definitely happens. its not the norm, but ive seen it happen. its not all too uncommon for them to get ripped off on their credit card tips.

if you aren't making more money as a waiter than the chef, unless they own the restaurant or are named Gordon Ramsey, then you're a shitty waiter. especially if you're a chilis where the chef is only making about $20/hour and working 5 hours. if you can't make $100 during your shift, you suck

yea that seems pretty wack for the minimal services of a drug dealer. unless its a situation where they basically chat and hang out with you for a long time, then i can understand it.

Once you get a massive fucking bill like over 100 dollars the 20% rule reaching its peak. No waitress deserves that big of a tip

I bought an electric trimmer set and cut my own hair. #2 on the side, #8 on top

imagine relying on tips for income like a stupid nigger. I used to bartend as a side job. Watching the dumb waitresses cry when they got stiffed was really the only reason I stayed there for more than a year. But I'm also a sociopath and charmed fat fucking tips.

>not consoling them with a blowjob

>i only see it hurting people in the transition period.
It still needs to be done.
Overall having a culture no tipping similar to Iceland, Japan or even fucking third world shitholes (I live in one) will be beneficial for everyone, logically it doesn't make sense to pay more than what the price tag says. The food you are been given is already more expensive than if you make it yourself supposedly to pay the employees and other people involved.

The problem seems to be that employees don't actually want to get rid of this because they get way more money than they would get if they got paid what they actually deserve.

>oh god I might have to spend $20 when I'm already spending 100
if you can't afford it, don't go out. otherwise shut up.

u gay

see
>they get way more money than they would get if they got paid what they actually deserve.

I only fucked 2 girls I worked with and 1 did actually give me casual blow jobs. It was great. Being a bartender actually makes it easier to fuck other bartenders that work elsewhere. I might have a complete disregard for human emotion but don't fuck around at work or you're going to have a bad time.

>if you aren't making more money as a waiter than the chef, unless they own the restaurant or are named Gordon Ramsey, then you're a shitty waiter. especially if you're a chilis where the chef is only making about $20/hour and working 5 hours. if you can't make $100 during your shift, you suck
Wich is fucking stupid, that's why I say tipping is stupid, people that get tips, get more money than they deserve, not always but many times.
The cheff is the one making the product I'm going to the restaurant for.

No, that’s literally fucking retarded. She shouldn’t be making 40 plus dollars an hour for carrying some plates out to a table. It has its limits. No one tips 20% if you have like 8 people and the bills are well into the 100’s

Im thinking about buying one any suggestions?

>No one tips 20% if you have like 8 people and the bills are well into the 100’s
Yes, they do. You are just a cheap and entitled piece of shit. Congrats.

he stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

>tipping
Having fun working for nothing Americucks?
Feeling that freedom running through your veins?
Living that American dream yet?

God bless your glorified seagull.

Attached: get fucked americucks.jpg (184x184, 14K)

you god damn faggot assed idiot servers get paid like $3.50 an hour, your food is cheaper because tips are worked into that whole formula

are you comming to my wedding? Im getting married to a south korean girl in a month

I bought dog trimmers for 60 bucks at a Petsmart. I use the #1 on my whole head because I'm not a homosexual.

>t. have never worked in a restaurant or had a table with 8+ people

if the checks are divided, people typically pay 10% of their bill. if it's being paid for by one person, they'll typically only pay 15-18% because they've already spent so much. the ones that will really get you are the faggots who "double the tax" and then order a shit ton of drinks for the table

stupid deluded faggot.

servers do not carry food anymore. Theres a job for other people in the kitche.. see? yo never been to a restaurant

why pay someone for doing their job?
is good service not expected of someone when they do something?

am i insane for thinking that the employers should be the ones paying their employees appropriate wages? and if they cant afford to do that then the business is by definition a failure, thats capitalism isnt it?

never tip for pasta this stale.

I live in a country where barbers cost about 4 dollars per haircut, the most expensive ones can be about 20 dollars ( but those are like super ultra fashion level)
I seriously don't understand the tipping everyone in America wtf, and especially these amounts.

I dunno, I bought a set that was $15 at walmart. I also just take off the guards to shave my face and neck. it's not smooth but I have blond hair so it's fine

best investment I've ever made, it's paid for itself 100 times over

keep burning you koala fucker

So if everyone stopped tipping then the business would go under? maybe they shouldn't be in business in the first place

then protest by not patronizing those establishments. oh wait, you won't because you're just a cheap, entitled piece of shit.

all these people being outraged claiming they don't tip.. I waited tables through college and everybody tips son. Only people that don't tip are ghetto af and have like 6 kids sharing meals

>literally government website telling this faggot he's a retard
>reddit reply
double oof

And yet Americans have a higher standard of living than Aussies. Must be all that burning down there.

>when you break up with the hostess and she blacks out your section
better have plenty of cut up lemons for their makeshift lemonade, son

Here's my tip for you OP. Stay the fuck out of America, we don't want your turbo SARS you diseased gook.

No way, user, you’re drunk. Whoever your waiter/waitress is you don’t tip 20% past a certain point, especially at a high end place. If you’re buying a 300 dollar dinner you’d tip is 30. 60 would just be insane. 60 dollars for carrying out some plates and a couple bottles of wine? No, I don’t think so

i don't because i live in a country where its actually illegal to not pay your workers appropriately, like a first worlder.

>higher standard of living
40 million people in America live in poverty
the high standard are because of rich old fucks

The entire point of society and diversification of jobs is to allow this type of thing to be possible, and in a first world country that IS the standard. Suggesting that you only deserve meals that you put effort into start to finish is rediculous and we both know you don't do that yourself.

You must have been sucking dick in the back and not serving tables. We got a funny guy here ladies. Watch out lol

you are a gourd head... jokes on you.. hes not a or was a server.. whos bitch now/ bomb for u

Poor tippers come from poor stock. Befriending staff at your favorite local bar or restaurant is one of smartest things you can do. Being a good tipper is an easy start.

Attached: 1519007885847.jpg (1920x1080, 1018K)

and 2 billions people worldwide live in poverty and WISH they were impoverished in America. Being poor in America basically means you're a do nothing uneducated piece of shit and probably don't deserve the welfare they already get.

Yes because we all know those ultra lefty feminist gender studies libtards like to spend their time replying to random threads on Cred Forums

Found the broke man child

yay this cancer again.

Attached: ebd.gif (405x228, 531K)

Holy shit your on to something

>
>/f/aggot

u must be new here

This is the 10th time I see your shoot thread.
Stop replying to this bait you newfags
Fucking cancer

Attached: 1580326998051.jpg (583x1024, 142K)

I feel bad when I tip. I don't make a lot of money, minimum wage poor fag here, but I like to treat myself once in a great while to a restaurant style burger. Often times I only have $20 to spend on myself, and this place I go to the meal is $16. I leave my whole $20 and always apologize on the receipt. I only get water and never ask the server for anything besides MAYBE some extra napkins.

I tip more when I can afford it but sometimes I just can't. I fear the servers think I'm a cheap bastard but really I'm just poor, want to have a comfort meal and then go on with my evening.

Yeah being poor in America could mean you're a do nothing uneducated piece of shit OR you got fucked by a system which you had no control

>nobody working in a restaurant makes a living wage
How is that my problem?

I've been here since 2012

Dont tip. Tell the boss to pay the workers more

>higher standard
Must be nice sucking the rich cunts cocks. Keep justifying your third world country cuckboy.

>>couple of bottles of wine.

see how stupid you are? a bottle of wine in a good restaurant would top 200 dls by themselves.. cheap people like u tend to think so.

i went to Kayne prime and paid 300 dls, 2 people, 4 beers, no wine..tiped the girl 45 dls... big deal.. what about you? still eating burritos?

Try 2.13 an hour. And they have to tip out the host and bartender. So if you're a dirty nigger and don't tip they straight up lose money to wait on you. Don't be a nigger.

You're tipping more than 20%....nigga thats fine.

hahahahaaha what a fucktard country ....... 20%muhstandard

You tip on the total you dirty coon. They have to tip out on the total after taxes.Take your broke ass to mcdonalds

being this austistic...loll

I wish for the day these niggers get replaced by fucking robots, at least in America.
Everytime I visit the US I have to pay 20% tip to avoid problems and get a decent service, wtf is this country man.

Dont tip. Fuck those broke motherfuckers. If they didnt want to get paid minimum wage and live off peoples donations they should have learned a trade or finished school. Again fuck those cunts. Only tip i give is the tip of my dick if the bitch is hot or if the faggot has a fat ass or nice lips. Thank god for my grade a fat ass cock

You sound like a nigger

Try managing 40 entitled hungry neckbeards at the same time for 2.15 an hour.

Extra for food you could cook yourself. then make it yourself you dumb faggot? You're paying for convenience. Also they literally have to be nice to your mouth breathing ass. just be happy you have a person not gagging at your presence.

What system is that? The inability to make your labor valuable isn't anyone's fault but the individual. I don't even have any ambition and I can still afford my house and my 2 stupid dogs and a girlfriend. 40 million people aren't being fucked by the system they are fucking themselves. You want to cherrypick and talk about the veterans our government neglects or the whistleblowers whose lives got ruined fine. But that only accounts for a such a miniscule amount of people it's mathematically negligible. Plus only a moron would join the military.

don't have to tip out
$2.13 is only for a handful of states
how can they lose money if they aren't spending any?
if they don't meet minimum wage, the employee has to make up the difference

this has already been covered

You wish, I’m sure you’ve been stuck to your chair for over a week. Fkn pleb

You don't need to tip anybody shit. where are you going that you're getting problems for not tipping?

>you tip on the total after taxes
go do some googling and come back, you don't tip on taxes retard

wow powerful incel.. you must be a total fun at gatherings?

Sounds like u starved a couple times when u didnt get tipped LolOloL broke ass motherfucker. I cant wait till your in your 30s and balding and cant get tipped for shit and your back is fucked up your plantar fascilitis acting up and your nigger is at home fucking your neighbor maga 2020 get deported cunt

Thats not the way this country works you fucking autist. Hurrr get a better job. Also I still want someone to take care of my retarded ass when I go out to eat.

2edge4puss

And I'm only humoring you on your 40million metric. I would bet money that number is inflated and more than half of those "impoverished" people have shelter, food, internet, and a car. Not including children.

They tip out on the taxes you tip on the taxes. Try not being a nigger.

this is precisely why I don't tip anything more than $1 per person at my table. And that's only if you keep my water topped off throughout the entire experience. I hit dry once and you roasties get nothing. Always tip 15% for my fellows kings tho.

Attached: cd0.jpg (852x480, 30K)

I am. All the bitches submit to this big dick energy. Lol i even dine and dash every chance i get. Free meal on them

Imagine being this much of a faggot. Even casting your blatant reddit spacing aside, tipping is fucking stupid.

dis nigga and his word salad... rush is dying, when u>? bomb for u 2

Kek

Typical nigger lol. Whats it like being worse than an amish person?

Well not that it's any of your business but I took a week off for my birthday. So fuck you, you're right but not exactly the way you think you are.

Federal minimum wage is 7.25 and there's places that still abide by that. Its an unlivable wage. The value of my labor is stolen by employers to line their pockets and everyone above them

Shut yo stupid ass up nigga before you catch these hands

lolwut

faggot..its friday and u in here? do you have any awareness?

>You don't need to tip anybody shit. where are you going that you're getting problems for not tipping?
I never get in trouble because I always tip. That's my fucking point.

I don't work in the service industry anymore because of niggers like you.

if you are talking about "tipping the kitchen staff" you typically pay out 10% of your tips. what is this "taxes" your going on about

kitchen staff is making 10x's more than the waiters base pay

lol.. being all this enraged.. go kys faggot... hihihi

this is actually kinda based bc chicks usually make way more in tips anyways

You must not understand the demographic here. Libs lose their shit here, it’s nothing but trumps as suckers, incels and edgy teens in here. Few exceptions

Tipping is an odd, mostly American thing. It's weird to me that restaurants don't just add an extra %20 to each menu item to specifically set aside for the servers pay in addition to whatever wage they earn. It would end this entire tip vs no debate forever.

200 dls per bottle of wine? Are you mad? I refuse to believe you go to a restaurant that high class. Only professional athletes and multi millionaires would go to a place that fancy. 40 dollars is pretty standard for a good bottle. I go out to a nice restaurant maybe 3 or 4 times a year with my wife or on a double date. Whoever pays gives 10%. If the bill is over 500 you wouldn’t leave a 100 dollar tip. That’d be complete insanity. Only a lunatic would leave a 20% tip. And your tip was only 15

Niggers don't tip and amish don't tip. Niggers are worse than amish.

But you wont get in trouble for not tipping either what the fuck are they gonna do?

trumpfags are either widely made fun of or omnipresent respectively, """incels""" don't exist since Cred Forums is so diverse (big surprise) and everyone here is legally underage

Fucking kek I thought this was real for a second

Then how the fuck does it work, what's the fucking protocol, why the fuck do I have to tip. I'm not saying get a better job, I'm saying go protest and get the pay you deserve, stop annoying customers with this dumb crap.
A tip should be something that the customer gives if he feels like it, not a fucking obligation like many people imply.

I've literally never done the math. Until you said that and I checked. I feel better now, thank Jeebus.

That sounds fine bro, especially if your not a needy oppressive shit. If your a regular that does that once a month your waiter/tress might even throw you a soft drink on the house after awhile.

Standard Tipping is either 18% of the food bill or 100 grams of Kim Chi.

So your fkn new here then.

>fkn
Fucking faggot

I don't agree with minimum wage either. It shouldn't exist. Luckily I live in an area not loaded with liberal fucks and wages are constantly going up. I saw a sign at an Fast Food place. Starting pay was 11 an hour. No one is stealing your labor socialist. You're just not worth anything.

youse trolling fag... also your mom gay... faggot. you pay for the service, not for the cost of food.. the percent is just a clue... man are u that retarded?

Sounds like a personal problem champ. Im hood as fuck dont get me started u fucking retarded?

Spit in my food? Do some weird shit? Talk behind my back about how much of cheap bastard I am? Whatever the fuck.
When I say "get in trouble" I don't mean directly.

Its literally expected. These people need to pay bills. They can't go protest on a whim like every other faggot? Why don't you go out and protest if you're so against tipping? Oh because you're a lazy faggot? Yet you still probably support not raising minimum wage.

except you won't

>Nigger detected.
Go to popeyes coon.

>talk behind my back
Who the fuck cares
>Spit in my food
Where i'm from you pay AFTER you eat your food, probably to avoid people spitting in it in the first place cause they expect tips

I’d believe you if you weren’t on here wasting your life away like all the rest of us. Shitbeard

Literally dunked my balls in someone's ranch because they were a notorious bad tipper.Enjoy that. Watched a cook throw a ribeye on the floor flip it and put it on a plate for someone like you.

Serving food deserves less then minimum wage. Mcdonalds bk all that shit shouldnt pay more then 2.50 an hour with a 30 dollar daily cap. Maybe less cap.

So you want these services but don't think someone deserves minimum wage? Whats it like being so retarded?

Ion nd to spll rite cz yr re tard to

I just fucked my bitch to sleep. Im only here because insomnia likes to tickle my ass. Im about to get on grindr n go get my dick sucked and prostate tickled though

I tip 20%+ but you should honestly kill yourself my man

>Why don't you go out and protest if you're so against tipping?
Because I don't live in your country, haven't you read my posts before this one you literal retard?

>Yet you still probably support not raising minimum wage.
Whatever the fuck minimum wage is, if you say is not enough then I agree it should go up, but if it does that will only make the problem worse and worse.

If this is how you people that work as waiters are in America are remind me to never put a pinky inside your border for Christ's sake.

go back to africa you dumb nigger

I think it's funny you put your balls in ranch but really who won? Unless you got a woman to lick it off you're still just a moron with ranch on your balls.

They can automate all that shit then the only workers are the tradesmen keeping it maintained. You are not supposed to live on a mcdonald ass wage u liberal faggot. Go find a trap to fuck u up the ass while u call it zaddy

idk cause I spend all of my spare money on drugs
checkm8 wageslaves, stay btfo

What if I go there again as a regular for a period of time, you know what I'm talking about.

What the fuck. Is this for real? I'm up here in Canada and the standard here is to tip 15%. The fuckery here is our minimum wage is $14 an hour (10 USD). They drop min wage to like $12 per hour I think if they serve alcohol but $3.50 is god damn ridiculous.

I’m from Wisconsin fggt, my mother’s my sister too.

Leave some for the rest of us bb

Holy shit so the memes are real? I really do have to move there god damn that sounds nice

you're just a loser with ranch on your balls at that point
>drops ribeye on floor and serves it
>I get food poisoning and get hospitalized
>sue the restaurant
>cook and every other employee gets their wages cut to compensate
Jokes on you faggot

>hurr reddit spacing
this wasn't a thing until you newfags started crying about it

Holly fucking shit, I'm never going to America now even if my fucking life depended on it, why the fuck are your people like this.

Their service is not worth 20% of the bill. A waiter at Applebees does the same amount of work as one at L’atetier de Joul Rachon or whatever high end place. But one isn’t worth 100 dollars and the other 10 just because the prices of the food are dramatically different. Tips exponentially go down. This is a commonly known fact

Fuck off you faggot no one likes canada. With your fake dollars. Fucking shit 14 is only 10 usd lmaoo your life is sad your prime minster is a sissy faggot and you get wrecked by polar bears. I bet you like watching nigger dicks.

And don't forget the ranch~

Attached: fat girl from tinder.jpg (700x618, 100K)

Then they should happy that you spend your money there regularly.

if the bitch wants more money, has to spread her legs.

Nah mate, we got the rains and showers for this weekend.

ENJOY YOUR AVALANCHES AND SNOW STORMS HEH.

Attached: 1562836175308.jpg (234x250, 8K)

honestly a pretty good call

Literally no one cares what life is like in Canada

Its not like you would be let in anywAys we dont like foreigners round here. If you come we will fuck u in the ass while making eye contact with your father while mouthing your next sissy.

You're literally retarded if you think that would give food poisoning. Enjoy my ball ranch.

That's called strippers... that's the easy tips based profession for people that find taking drink orders too hard.

Attached: kid-on-computer.jpg (500x374, 111K)

Id love to lick the rAnch off your balls. Pic?

Go fuck your mom and your sister

Apparently not:
Fuck that shit, I'm still tipping just to avoid crazy shenanigans like this, I know it's just a Cred Forums post but I heard horror stories form other people similar to this one.

Lol how about you quit being such a whiney little bitch and get a real mans job

Ranch ball pics or gtfo faggot

This is not a lie. Not even the worst I've seen in a restaurant. I've worked at a chili's longhorn and ihop. Ihop was by far the worse. Had some fucking spic dishwasher who couldn't figure out where the soap was so he put a coffee cup in the soap dispenser to stop the beeping to let you know the dishwasher was out of soap. I realized this happened and told the GENERAL MANAGER. She said dont tell anyone keep serving the food we don't have time to rewash all the dishes. LMAO This is what happens when you pay people shit wages and treat them like dirt

I'm not dunking my balls in ranch. This was about 5 years ago at a chili's in indiana.

Trips and ill post my ranch covered balls

Correct about the prime minister's wife loving nigger dicks while he watches but incorrect about the polar bears. 3/10

It's just one of the few ways that Canada is better than USA cuz seriously what the fuck under $3/hr wage to benefit restaurant owners.

this is why i order all of my food to go

fuck tipping

If I am out of town and I know I will never be back to a place, I wont tip at all. maybe even to go as far as writing Cash in the tip part, so they think someone stole the money.

The only thing I care less about than Restaurant workers and their pathetic lives is Restaurant workers in Canada and their pathetic lives that revolve around Hockey.

Can someone alert all the Chili's social media in Indiana, they were employing a serial Ranch Ball dipper five years ago?

Do it faggot

bro it might not even be 10% tip depending on how much tax they add in your state.

>>just kidding. I'm making fun of some other post here saying tips should be after tax. I think tipping is total bullshit and servers should be paid more.

based trips

Attached: 1558882664427.jpg (292x257, 34K)

Do it fgt. Just hoping one of you niggers ate my ball ranch.

Implying that’s not something I did today

I always tip like 20% unless it's a hot waitress or something. Small bills I usually do higher like if its 5 bucks or some shit I'll do 50% or 100% if I got money to fuck off

this is why I never tip, to make sure that shit heads like you suffer

It's customary to tip because it's seen as preferable to actual change to the laws that allow restaurant employers to pay their waitress staff almost nothing.

When you don't tip the waitress might make a scene and it will be embarrassing for all parties involved.

Never tip. Never cave to bullshit societal pressure. I have no sympathy for poorfags who have to take shitty customer service jobs and get mad when I don't give them money straight out of my pocket. It's your employers job to pay you, not mine.

canadafag here. I own a business that all you have to do is show up on time and know how to hammer and dig holes. I start you at $20/hr. Why the fuck would anyone work for $3/hr?

>make a scene
The only person whos gonna make a scene is the dumb fucking waitress and shes gonna embarrass herself and look like an entitled hoe

God I wish I could move to Canada and get out of this American shithole

And the idea that you'll get shitty service or spit in your food if you don't tip is ludicrous. What, do the restaurants you frequent ask for tips upfront? No, you tip at the end, AFTER you've eaten. They have no idea what I will or will not tip.

I pay $100 tip for a $500 bill why wouldn't you. Also, where are you getting nice bottles of wines for $40 at restaurants? My nice bottles of wines sitting in my wine cellar are at least $50 a bottle. There's a whole unexplored world out there my friend.

Yes please leave. Make room for the red hat Canadians feeling their shit country.

fleeing^ I ruined it.

Whats it like being a poorfag lol

>>commonly known fact

LOL. literally made me laugh. If a waiter at applebees does the same amount of work as a high end place, then why doesn't he just work at a high end place?

40 dollar bottles in a restaurant are usually worth 10-20 in a liquor/wine store. Look at the price of 1 glass. That is usually a little more than the wholesale price of the bottle.

I run a liquorstore and used to manage a bar. Although most people know this stuff anyway.

Who most likely are you guys willing to tip and why.
A: Waiters
B: Pizza/food delivery people.

Sounds like you care less about Canada than your mom cared for you

Because a high end place generally wants 5 years minimum experience and the workers don't usually leave. Why are you so retarded?

I despise tipping but id rather tip delivery drivers than waiters because its more effort to drive place to place than to walk no more than 20 feet with food in your hand

Wrong. Dad doesn't care. My mom and I are basically best friends.

This thread gets posted everyday, fuck off with the bait. If you really cared about tipping you'd Google it.

Tip at restaurants when they take your order from the table and bring the food to the table - 15pct. Tip $5 for valet. Same if someone carries your bags up to your room.

Nothing else, really.

You're literally retarded.

Ever fuck your mom?

Both because I'm not a nigger.

You must be psychic

listen nigger, if you cant afford to tip dont eat out. these people make like 2 $ an hr because murrica is neoliberal paradise.20% or microwave your own shit

No. She's good looking but even thinking about it grosses me out. I have fucked other mom's though. Moms are the best fuck buddies.

Godly Quads of Truth

Attached: 1561456099144.png (758x707, 434K)

Tip $2-3 no matter what the bill is, bringing you a few plates and glasses doesn't deserve more than that. A fucking chimp could do their job and there's no reason for their job to exist. Let me get up and get my food/drink myself and I'll tip the chef since he does all the real work.

5 years experience at apple bees will get you into a 3 star michelin starred restaurant?

It's about dedication and caring beyond what is expected. Tips are split between front of house and back of house too. You know tips get split to the chef and hostess too right retard?

Plenty of places for you to eat that work that way. Your a stand up gentlecuck

I have a great deal of respect towards chefs aswell, if tips went straight to them I would happily give 20% or more extra every time I eat out just to let them know I appreciate their craft.

What the fuck places are you eating at? If my local mcdonalds doesn't fuck up my order 80% of the time I would tip them $2. If you have a birthday at a restaurant with ur three dads and their 20 biker friends, u think $3 tips is appropriate? What level of retardation is this

20% on dinner of bar tab. Otherwise not expected.
/thread

She would, but the reason it's undesirable is other customers/staff might also be stupid or entitled and join her. Worst case scenario some big dumb waiter trying to get in her pants starts shoving you. No one will stick up for you in that situation either and no one will hear you when you remark that the service was lousy.

keep dreaming buddy. just like how u think u dine at fine establishments.

And there's plenty of places that don't give me an option so the faggot server is getting the change I found in the McDonald's drive thru and nothing more. Living in NJ is a nightmare, the cucks here even tip the gas attentants, another useless job a chimp can do. Damn retards spill gas all over my car too, can't wait to move outta this shithole.

>restaurant points to disclaimer on menu that is next to all cooked-to-order animal products that eating undercooked foods can cause illness

gg no re faggot

Damn got me there
What if theres an infectious disease that's been tracked in from someones shit covered shoe that isn't a foodbourne illness

Argument invalid, I don't have 20 biker friends or three dads. Even if I did, they can tip themselves, why would I cover tips for the whole table? I tip for my tab and that's it. If I'm holding a 20+ person party it's not gonna be a some faggot restaurant.

I get it now! Your dead and already live in hell. Your never leaving

I never said I dined at fine restaurants. Went to emeril lagasse's restaurant in Vegas but Daddy picked up the tab.

These kind of situations make me cringe. It's not my responsibility to pay for the majority of your paycheck (speaking in terms of a common consumer). It's the employers job. Tipping is so ridiculous.

I believe we have significantly different lifestyles.

>If i invite people to a restaurant for my birthday, I would pay for the entire bill but have an unspoken expectation that you bring a gift of a similar value of what dinner would cost at the restaurant I invited you to.

Chatting with you I really dont think this is practiced in the USA very much.

This
All these faggots calling people who don't tip
"entitled" the entitled ones are the servers who expect to be tipped. Expect better pay from your boss not the customer

Tip culture is pure cancer. A tip should be a sign of incredibly good service, not a base line expectation.

No, Americans would buy you dinner AND get you a gift, at least in my friend circle we don't let the birthday person pay. There is no such thing as paying for your whole party at your birthday dinner and expecting gifts as payment. That sounds fucking retarded.

This guy gets it
If 15% is standard you’re a nigger

>15% even if the service is shit
What a fucking retard

The person who’s party it is doesn’t pay

It depends on which state you're going to. Some states have horrendously low minimum wages for tipped positions. I would recommend that you tip more in states which pay workers less. Sometimes your entire tip can be claimed by the restaurant.

This website shows tipped minimum wages in all the states.
minimum-wage.org/tipped

If a business cannot afford to pay it's employees minimum wage. It's a bad business and doesn't deserve to be. business. Just a bunch of lazy faggots.

True, but tip credit laws are what make these illegitimate businesses profitable. If minimum wage laws were more reasonable, we wouldn't have to pay guilt-trip money.

Tipping is just a way for the owners to offset the cost of paying their employees. Don't let a waiter tell you they only make 3.25 an hour and they live off of tips if they don't make the minimum amount then the employer has to make up the difference.

if they do a great job 20% before tax
if they do an okay job 15% before tax
if they do a bad job 0%

Ameritards and korea niggers are beyond retarded. In France, we never tip because you know what? Restaurants are expensive and the fucking employer has to actually pay his employees instead of customers you braindead niggers. If you're going to buy some bread, do you tip more than the prices, faggots?

Ameritard here, I agree it's dumb but you are considered an absolute asshole if you go out and don't tip for restaurant food. There is a growing number of restaurants tho that either already include a tip in your final bill or flat out won't accept them, but those are not the norm. We're slowly moving that direction tho I hope

/thread

I hope too or I won't visit America. Going to the restaurant is already expensive, and if the food is not good, you have to pay like $60 for 2 persons and then 20 more for a tip? I don't understand how you accept that..

Food service worker here...
>If they do a good job and they're prompt, they deserve at least 10%. Most restaurants pay their servers below minimum wage so Keep that in mind.
That's the baseline. If they're shit at serving fuck them and leave no tip. The good ones though will remember you and they'll work extra hard to get a good tip. Then everybody's happy.

Attached: gettyimages-72510069-1024x1024.jpg (665x1024, 316K)

fucking thank you i work as a cook i know the boys in the kitchen are working way harder than the person who hands me a water and my plate

Hate these waiters that always harass me when I'm trying to eat or hover over me and my family when we're chatting. Shit is weird, leave us alone for fucks sake. Also I won't tip you unless you're prompt in bringing our food. None of this you'll wait 45 minutes shit.

please see
nobody outside the country of retards actually give a single piece of shit about how many idiots have shitty jobs. Its their own choice - either take what you get or "git gud" and take an actual job or dont even start pretending to be a useful member of society and do what you obviously were born for : rummaging through trash cans.

If your job pays shitty ... DONT DO IT

imagine having this shit system in the first place. jesus fuck americans are retarded

exactly

>How much do you tip

Nothing, ingore entitled niggers and normies if they try to give you shit tell them to find a real job.

>How much do you tip?
15% is kinda the minimum, unless the service is bad, then give less or no tip. A tip is earned by being attentive and helpful to you. If they provide bad service, tipping less, or not at all, is one way to express being dissatisfied.

Worth saying? If the food was made properly and you just don't like it? That isn't bad service. If the food is fucked up and the server tries to get a manager, or tries to get your food recooked? That isn't a server fuck up.

If happy with the service, aim for a 20% tip

>Why do they tip when they are already getting paid?
Restaurants run at VERY tight profit margins. a 5% profit margin, or less, is normal, even for a successful business. That means, for every $100 in cost, they HOPE to make $105 in sales. Because of this, wages are low (especially in non-corporate businesses) as a way to cut expenses. Staff eligible for tipping are paid CONSIDERABLY under minimum wage, on the understanding they'll make up the difference with tips (which they have to declare as income and do pay tax on)
If you can pay wait staff $7 an hour, when minimum wage is $11 an hour, you are saving $4 an hour, every hour, for every serving staff member. If restaurants had to pay wait staff minimum wage, if they had 10 members of wait staff who worked 20 hours each, that's $4 an hour for 200 work hours, or $800 more in expenses, per week. That kind of margin can put businesses out of business. A franchise can afford that. A family business can't.

And, for what it's worth? If wait staff earns, through pay and tips, LESS than what minimum wage would have paid her, the restaurant has to make up the difference.

>What happens when you don't tip?
To you? Nothing. The server will probably be in tears, though. They depend on that money.

Lastly?
Restaurants could pay more... by raising all their prices, and using that income to pay staff.
The problem is, if you buy $100 in food and leave a $20 tip, you feel ok. If tipping is removed, but food costs go up to $120, you're spending the same amount of money, but it seems like more when looking at the menu. That sees business decline, and businesses fail.
In other words, you are more likely to pay the same amount of money, without complaint, if cost is lower and tip is added, than if there is no tipping, but cost is higher.

funny. if they all get real jobs, all of a sudden, you can't go out to eat, because there is no one to bring you your food.

I'm assuming you've never worked in a restaurant? You have no idea how much work it is, or how much worth they do?
What about the fact that most of them are in college, to get a "real" job someday, and in the meantime, are using their wages to pay rent, on, in the case of the pic OP used, tuition?

If you will spend $35 to buy a steak and mashed potatoes in a restaurant, when you could make the same thing for yourself at home for $10, you cam afford to tip. Can't afford it? Don't eat out. Think these people are just lazy grifters and don't deserve your money? Do them a favor and stay out of their place of business.

Attached: AC7D8F7B-256A-4A24-A5DC-32EAB1C0943A.jpg (750x214, 131K)

15% if they suck
20% if they are ok
25% if they are good

There is a wait on your food because you aren't the only one eating, jackass. The place is packed, other orders came in before yours, some items take a good 10+ minutes to make, your server has several tables, not just you, and they have no control over when the kitchen gets to their check.

Waiting too long is bullshit and worth complaining to a manager about. Giving some fucking 16-20 year old girl grief about it, and then stiffing her over a situation outside her control is a dick move.

And they hover because the #1 complaint wait staff receive is "unfriendly, inattentive to our needs, and slow to respond to our orders for more beverage or food."
By hovering, they can answer, immediately, if you have a concern over the food, if you need a beverage refill, more napkins, etc. They're hovering so they are there if you need them. Don't want that? Eat at home!

> only liberals work for shit wages and expect free handouts.

I never tip.

Fpbp, also bait thread kek

Heres the gist of it. 15% of your bill at a sit down restaurant is a tip. Less is usually seen as rude, more is seen as a compliment to good service. The reason people tip is because waiters, servers, and bartenders get fucked because America is a 1st world shit hole. I live in new mexico. The minimum wage is $7.50/Hr. Servers and what not generally make $2.50/Hr to $4.00/Hr. This is bullshit and should be illegal but company's run this country. Dont forget some places share tips, some managers steal tips, and a lot of places force them to write how much they make in tips. Now, something not well know, in most states, legally a business has to compensate a server and what not, if they're hourly wage+tips is less then the state's minimum wage. Working in a business is hell, and good customers make the difference of missing a bill, or buying kids new clothes. Yes, this system is fucking autistic, but there isn't really anything we the people can do about it. We just get replaced like old batteries. Welcome to america.

I dont give a shit on whats customary in US. If those crack head waiters there cant get a better job, fuck them. Not my fault they live in a shithole country. I‘m just glad every time I can go home whithout having been shot, robbed or poisoned by their food and water

Can you self entitled pricks stop being so self centered? Think about others for once in your miserable life. There are billions of people, think anyone gives a fuck about you? No. But if ass holes like you gave a shit about others, maybe, just maybe, people would care about you too.

This thread Is here atleast 3 times a week. Fuck off faggot

Attached: 1580471643506s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

If you ameritards weren’t so self centered you would recognize and accept you live in a shithole. Maybe then you could accept that there are better ways of doing things and you might actually learn something. And maybe you would stop invading other countries and force them to your will and benefit. Maybe then the rest of the world would hate you a bit less.

Where else do you tip.

I paid a Russia guy for a pre arranged transfer to LAX, it cost $120 and when we got there he stood looking at me, shouted 'No Tip For Me Then' then got back In His van.

So who else gets tips, taxi drivers? Uber drivers? Pizza delivery people, tourist guides? do I tip if I collect a pizza?

0% if they suck (employer makes up the difference to min. wage)
10% if okay service
20% if fantastic service or large group

Being a shitstain social parasite and working a job that makes you rely on your terrible personality to make a wage is not my problem, I don't tip because I'm not paying extra money for no reason, Least of all to some stranger who is going to react like this.
I honestly hope she gets hit by a bus on the way to class.

Round up to the next full 10, that’s my max

repost? really

Checked - trips of truth

Based