Any bird experts online I am located in FL and this bird is currently in the road and someone moved it on the sidewalk...

Any bird experts online I am located in FL and this bird is currently in the road and someone moved it on the sidewalk and drove away anyways I am calling all these wildlife sanctuaries and no one is responding, one place online says to put it in a box and put a cloth on top and wait until morning when they’re open but idk if it’s illegal I think this is an Osprey I am not sure does anyone know if I’ll get fucked federally if I try to put this bird in a box and send it to the wildlife sanctuary in the morning when I drive it over
What does everyone say, looks like the feet are injured, I been watching it now for 15 minutes

Attached: 9A9CB128-B2AC-4A06-8464-A513F28D0454.jpg (1217x1260, 234K)

I got nothing helpful to say but good luck! Nurse it back to health for funsies?

Well I’m not touching the thing unless I know I’m in the safe zone
I would like to nurse it back to health and see it fly away one day but if it means I’d be doing something illegal I don’t wanna touch it but I also don’t want to see it fly onto the road and get run over cars are moving by at 60 mph

I know a guy in Holiday Fla who works with a wildlife bird rescue

Attached: 1580963746413.jpg (2316x3088, 700K)

I would say you are not safe touching it without sleeved leather gloves looking at those talons. As for the legality of it all I doubt anyone would punish you for trying to help. But idk cops fucking suck.

Yeah no doubt will the bird try to bite me? Will a beak bite hurt I’m not sure I’ve never seen a bird like this in person so close

i'm sending you $20 to buy an ENTER key you sperg

My apologies I’m typing fast from the side of the road it’s like 52 outside right now so it’s cold

Local man prosecuted for trying to help a bird

What city are you in?
Sure, an osprey could bite you, but if you want to help it, and you know you can take it somewhere tomorrow, go for it.
Do you have a towel and a box?

I am in Labelle, FL
I have a box and a jacket

Toss a towel or shirt over it to cover its head and control it's talons. They can get you. You wanna put it in a box asap, or it could hurt you or itself struggling.

Attached: 1580011840032.jpg (1600x1064, 136K)

I vote, save the long range danger chicken

just leave it bro if the bird saw you in need it wouldn't help you so fuck it

This happened to me over the summer at my school. The teacher told me I had to leave it be and go in. Later that night it died. I brought I back to my dorm room in a shoe box and gave it a proper burial it deserved. I could’ve saved that birds life and I hope you make the right choice

Attached: 15B316A9-6371-45BD-AEA9-7D113A30365F.jpg (1536x2048, 1.32M)

Here’s what the bird looked like when it was still responding and crawling onto my hand

Attached: 26BA5222-4828-41EF-8F7F-6E17CE611759.jpg (1536x2048, 1.1M)

Please respond to me if your still here user.... I want you to save that bird and not make the same mistake I did

I placed it in a box I’m taking it to a sanctuary for birds tomorrow morning
It was easier than expected, the bird was shaking and seemed cold which is weird I thought birds could endure cold temperatures
It’s falling asleep now in the box but wakes up when I take the jacket off the box

Attached: 411F98D3-1D6E-424F-AD71-471307FF428E.jpg (3024x4032, 1.98M)

Dude thank you so much for doing this idk if you have an Instagram or not but here is mine @_ZacMaher_ it would be really cool if you could dm on what happens tomorrow. And when I was with my bird it also felt a bit cold and I still feel bad to this day for just leaving it like that

And trust me. You’re most likely going to be coming home with a pet bird now :’)

Looks like an Osprey.

And I just read your other comments... no I personally don’t think the bird would ever bite you because it knows you’re helping him/her and your gonna have a best friend now

based thread OP, i hope he survives

That's a chicken

Just a heads up OP, those talons aren't just for show. In the morning once its rested up whatever you do don't take the jacket off indoors or stand directly above it when you do.

Kek

It has a broken neck. It will never fly again. The most humane thing to do is end its suffering, but I'm not the kind of person who could kill an animal so leave it for a predator I guess.

So what I’ve been doing the entire time is dangerous? How do I take this thing to the sanctuary then and should I be wearing some kind of protective suit to look at it

The simplest way is to interact with it the least you can. Slap a towel over the box, leave it be and go to sleep. Check it in the morning and dead or alive take it to the sanctuary.

52 is cold? What a pussy. 52 is shorts and t-shirt weather.

The bird got out and ripped my nose open help

It jumped out of the box and took a talon to my face and I move out of the way but the talon got in my nostril this is what I get for being a ner’do’well

you must be from finland

oh I found a bird on the road I better post this on Cred Forums

>he wouldnt come to Cred Forums for advice

Definitely some type of bird of prey. Feed it something alive. Post pix