I'm going to my cousin's wedding in America, I'm from China and was curious how tipping works in America...

I'm going to my cousin's wedding in America, I'm from China and was curious how tipping works in America? How much do you tip? Why do they tip when they are already getting paid? What happens when you don't tip?

Attached: 1581003324983.jpg (640x757, 87K)

We Americans usually tip 60-80% anything less is very rude and disrespectful.

tip nothing, they earn salary for their work

Lmao imagine tipping more than 2 bucks.

A dollar is usually enough. Two or three if the place is really fancy and the service was good. Be sure to spit on it or wipe it on a toilet seat first, that's what the cooks will have done to your food.

Please don't pack your coronavirus when you do

Don't tip. Tipping is for jews

Give them 10% unless they do something special for you. Their employer gives them a third of minimum wage.
But they are one of the highest paid unskilled jobs there is. Unless they do something special for you it's not like you're going to see them again for them to reward you with some magical service.
If you're at the bar throw a buck up there per drink as you buy, more if you are going to be buying several and you want the bartender to pay more attention to you.

And that person with the receipt is a cunt. $100 was 3 or 4 people tops for a meal. Like an hour. You know how many people in America was stab that waitress for a chance to make $16 dollars an hour? She probably waited on 3 or 4 other tables in that time. That would be like $45 an hour? That's more than a fucking teacher makes in America. For bringing someone a sandwhich and a beer. Fuck you waitress.

stay in China... we don't want your wacky flu shit here

>$100 was 3 or 4 people tops for a meal.
Holy poorfag, batman

Google "right to work vs will to work states"
Right to work only earns 1/4 minimum wage and tips supplement their wage.
Will to work earns what they deserve and tips are just extra.

I work at a local restaurant as a devilery driver and our servers usually make over a 100 alone in tips a night only working about 5 hour shifts. Most are usually entitled because of how comfy they are receiving large tips for barely any work. They don't even bring the food out, just drinks and initial order.

If they won't see you again, why leave them any money at all?
Dine-and-dash is a great muriKKKan tradition.

I find it amusing that American waiting staff mostly think customers are not only there to enjoy their food but to subsidize their fucking earnings.

Everytime I am in the states, I will only tip what I think I want to tip, had one waitress chase me because for a table of 5 which cost for the 3 course was $340 so we gave her $40, she wasn't super attentative but she was pleasant.

As said she chased me after I left because she was angry she only got $40. And hit me with the "its been a difficult month, how am I supposed to live on this". To which I returned an answer telling her I am not in charge of her fucking wage, the owner was, I was paying for a meal not her lifestyle.

She still looked at me with disgust, as if I was evil, they just don't fucking get it - but then again Americans mostly are easily led and believe shit that isn't true, so no doubt the girl thought she would be living on easy street being a waitress from stories of successful waitresses.

Yeah, forgot her name now, life isn't fucking easy street.

Serious answer: 15% of the bill is standard. You don't have to do it but you're an asshole if you don't.

No they dont

Tipping is coercion, and I refuse to allow others to tell me how I spend my money.

I will tip if I want to. There is no other standard beyond that.

I forgot to talk about the Pizza delivery guy, ordered a couple of pizzas and some sides for a guys night in.

Ordered online, delivery fee was $5.50 - something like that, guy arrived handed me pizzas and sides out of the bag, and had his hand out --- "We paid a delivery fee right? Why you want more?"

"Uhhhh?" he said looking at me as if i'm stupid.

"You think I am going to give you more? you got $5.50 already whether or not your boss pays you for that is up to them, but I am not giving you more, I paid for the service."

And closed the door, the guy knocked on the door a couple of times, but knew he wasn't getting anywhere.

But really Americans need to wake the fuck up and stop paying tips, its not up to us to subsidize fucking staff.

Thankfully in the UK, we can give tips if we want to, it isn't mandatory and ordering from places usually has a $3-5 delivery fee and that is it.

Only nigger loving jews don't tip

Any excuse to be a Jew.

Its the Jews who invented tipping. They know it as a scam to pay their wageslaves less, so they never pay it.

If you choose to abide by jew magic that is your prerogative.

I am not Jewish and even I know that is fucking bullshit, jesus stop being a fag.

>"I'm not Jewish"
>Wasn't called Jewish
>Felt the need to state that.

Sounds like a jew rat trying to distract from the simple reality.

No it is you trying to push your shitty logic onto others, it was invented in Tudor England with Inn stays. About over 400 years ago, before it spread throughout Europe and obviously carried over into the US through the colonies.

I am British, Scottish and not Jewish. So get rekt, learn 2 history.

>buh buh JEWS DID IT
>I HATE JEWS CAUSE THEY ARE MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN ME AND HAVE MORE MONEY
>2020

kek
based user

Attached: dis be you.jpg (480x360, 18K)

i guess you've never been to a regular burger joint in your life?
even rich people eat at regular places sometimes.

Sounds like something a jew would say to me

Attached: 1355597302326.jpg (475x355, 50K)

you're actually not allowed to come here.
Crazy fuckers with your coronavirus

All the dumbass 12 year olds responding to a larp....

The quotes were not word for word, I took out some swear words etc.

But it was essentially the core of what I said to them.

And yes a waitress chased me that day.

15% is standard

if you have poor customer service and do not plan on going back to the place, you can tip nothing, and nothing will happen because you will not see the people ever again

Why is this thread made 5 times a day?

there are a lot of stupid gooks going to America i suppose.

It always makes me feel warm and happy inside when I get to look at their panicked faces as I write 0.00 for their tip on the receipt.

Stupid cheap fuckers are too dumb to get a job that actually pays reliably. Seriously you don't deserve any tip for walking 50 feet with my food or driving to my house and walking up to my door.

Attached: 1577225138799.jpg (1024x765, 96K)

The fuck is this pic

Infection after excess skin removal surgery after major weightloss

>I'm going to my cousin's wedding in America, I'm from China
No you aren't

Word

This. If anyone tells you otherwise they’re trolling

Or you could just work at a job that pays you minimum wage you brainlet

I seriously tip nothing and nothing happens. If you tip nothing and they start getting in your face you have every right to put them down.

imagine having this thread FOUR TIMES A DAY

>jews
>tipping
kek

Servers pay their employer for the right to work, so if you don't tip, it's literally stealing from them and you can go to jail. It's customary to tip 30-300%, depending on the establishment. And be prepared to haggle, on both the food prices as well as the service tip-- the will assume you are retarded if you don't try to get a lower price on food, and it's a good idea to agree on a tip range ahead of receiving the bill.

Restaurant wait service - 20% if good
Food delivery - 10-12%
Hotel concierge - a couple dollars for carrying your bags

I assume that's all you'll need to know if you're just here temporarily

not sure why you had to LARP this trash that never fucking happened to you.

why should the tip be proportionate to the bill?

Higher bill usually means more food and drinks being brought to you. That extra labor deserves more of a tip

God Americans are such cucks for putting up with this shit, in real first world countries people actually do their jobs and get paid for it

? I have never worked in the service industry and my employment is not relevant to the standard tipping procedure.

That's just the established practice. I don't have any comments on whether or not it makes sense.

Retard

Anybody who is ranting about how you should tip big is lying. They get paid for their work. Otherwise people wouldnt take those jobs right? It would be stupid to do so.

They take the job, knowing it pays less than minimum wage, expecting that if they're good at their job, the tips will give them the rest...

Are you telling me you like being chucked?

... what?

You ain't welcome chink, take your commievirus and stay home.

>How much do you tip?
15-20% for wait staff. $1ish per drink for bar service. Maid / bellman / concierge service, kick 'em a fiver.
>Why do they tip when they are already getting paid?
They're not.
>What happens when you don't tip?
You're a garbage human that underpays for services.

If tipping, tip 15% if the service was great and nothing if it was par.