Which would you pick if given the opportunity?

Which would you pick if given the opportunity?

1: You get 100k USD. Completely free with no strings attached

2: You get 1 million USD. You have to live in total isolation from humans in a forest for 3 years. You get a small cabin to live in. No internet or technology. You are allowed to have 1 dog or 1 cat. One year supply of food and drink (very bland, no snacks, bare minimum to live).

3: You get 10 million USD. You have to live in total isolation in a forest for 6 years. You get a small cabin to live in. No internet or technology. No pets. You are not allowed to leave the cabin. Food and drink is provided for full 6 years (large variety of food and drink including snacks).

4: You get 100 million USD. You are to stay within a small cabin for 9 years. There is a phone within the cabin that always has someone on the line to talk to. However, the person only responds to you in a mono-tone "yes" or "no". No internet or technology besides the phone. You are allowed to have 1 pet (dog or cat) that is guaranteed to only live 3 years. You cannot leave the cabin. There are no windows in the cabin. Food and drink is provided for the full 9 years (very bland, no snacks, bare minimum to live). Once every 3 years, for one day, you are provided with any food or drink you want to have. You are to return to the normal food and drink after this day. No saving the food for multiple days.

Attached: ShowerDeepthroat.jpg (500x669, 88K)

I have a girlfriend so I'd take the first. If not I'd take the 2nd.

#2, after the experiment, do I get to keep the cottage? Am I allowed to bring things with me that aren't technology such as tools and books?

Living in isolation will make you insane. Not to mention missing all of those years of your life living away from the world. I'll take the 100k and check out thank you very much

In only three years and with a pet? unlikely unless you already have underlying mental illness

Pets don't replace the need for human beings. For one, pets can't respond back.

this

Its the companionship that is important. Three years is a very small amount of time especially if you are an introvert naturally

would go 1 mil if the food was decent

Yeah, what the other people said is right. This isn't even a good 'would you rather' type question because all the answers are awful except #1 which is stupid.

Everyone should just take #1 unless they're stupid as fuck

Lets ignore the "isolation is really bad for you" part and just go onto the real reason you're fucked: Food.

The food requirements alone basically ensures you're screwed. Even if you're a really good hunter and able to bring in enough calories over the course of years, you 're still more or less fucked if you're in a woods without the means to do any real farming, which isn't included. You better *really* hope that you're in an area where fruits and vegetables grow on their own. Believe it or not, you can't survive on only meat. Scurvy is a mother fucker.

*MAYBE* if the forest you're stranded in is a fucking apple orchard, and you actually know how to tend an orchard. Otherwise enjoy pain.

Three sounds good, basically how I want to live anyway

I'ts not at all. People have done isolation experiments all throughout time. Humans need to be social, pure and simple.

Option number one. Why risk losing my sanity or life for more money that I would not get to enjoy anyways?

Not sure where you live, but I am assuming the cabin is in a secluded wooded area in North America. That being true, foraging, farming, trapping, and fishing are all very viable means to supplement the food. Its actually a pretty easy scenario given that we get a free year of food to establish your own larder for the following years

#1 - no question.
I will not hazard my already frayed mental health for filthy lucre.

Pic unrelated

Attached: 2C247A2.gif (225x309, 1.37M)

Fucking 2 for sure. It's like a vacation and 3 years is nothing, I'd get out before 50 with a million bucks. 333k salary for inna woods.

I'd do 9 years if I were younger or didn't have kids.

Stupid city fag detected

Isolation experiments are done where you have no contact with other living things. Usually also in dark, secluded spaces. #3 and #4 are the only two which most people would fail due to social isolation.

>One year supply of food and drink
Also that's just padding, nothing says you have to eat it all the first year. One deer is probably 6 months of meat.

1. Buy my dream car and invest 25k and have 10k left for rent/bullshit

4. I did ok in solitary for a month.

You don't have a fridge though. Or if you do you have no electricity.

number 3 seems like a good bet, if you can leave the cabin and do whatever the fuck you want it ain't too bad and at least you get good food for the entire time rather than shit food for 1/3 of the time.

Attached: qt2eyfcvf8f41.jpg (1250x1875, 421K)

That rule wasn't established, but even if thats the case, before we had fridges we had cold-cellars for this purpose not to mention dry-curing or smoking meats

100 Million and tell that guy on the phone to go fuck himslef I only talk to bigfoot.

>You are not allowed to leave the cabin

You can't read?

You get one million dollars check your bank account

Ok, so I don't keep the cottage. What about books and tools, can I bring them with me assuming they are not electric tools?

#4 will put some led in your pencil boi.

you will get a lot of girlfriends with 1 million

Nah, it'll drive me insane, and no amount of money is worth that.
I've had my time in isolation, never again.

Dont be scared homie. 9 years is nothing compared to the time your misersble ass put into Cred Forums. You will never work another day in your life after #4.

#4. My sacrifice for my lover will never be forgotten. If I should die after then is no big to me.

People risk their life everyday for 20 dollars just be glad you got paid for basically existing.

For anyone curious. i would want a cup of coffee for the meal.

who dat gurl tho?

Sanity is a small price to pay and you can get therapized to adjust back to society military people get raped and shot at for far less.

Well, if you imagine it's nothing, you could say you'd do that.
I know better, and I won't.
No clue

I'd rather take my 5th option and just kill myself

Attached: 1539314744_DbF1l6dUMAAU0u_.jpg (655x509, 53K)

i already live in near total isolation the only hard part would be no internet. i'm going to die really soon so being realistic just take the 100k now

#2 and I probably just stay there forever, you don't even need to give me the million dollars.

Option 1. I can turn 100k into a million in about 4-5 years through investments, so 3 years of time would be a waste.

Number 1

Any medicine for any choice? That could be potentially thought of as technology.

Hrm, good point. Though tbh, almost anything can be considered a technology. I assume OP meant technology as "electronic technology"

Right, me, too. Like I would assume for any of the choices to be viable the options would all have to allow for the consideration you would not randomly die by anything besides suicide. Or even an Old Boy situation where you're not allowed to kill yourself.

100k please, thank you

You'll go completely insane in about three months

I'd take #1.
It's possible to turn $100K into a Million dollars through investing in 3 years anyway.

I choose 2 and i want a kitten and i want to keep the cabin
>Lets ignore the "isolation is really bad for you" part and just go onto the real reason you're fucked: Food.
The cabin is in a forest, not in a desert you mongloid
The one year supply is obviously canned or otherwise conserved to even hold one year
Whats good for a year is good for three
So you only need to hunt for 2/3 of your food, or formulated differently if you dont get game for a week you dont go hungry
>you can't survive on only meat. Scurvy is a mother fucker.
You eat the liver you mongloid
Tbh i think living in a cabin in the wild would be an interesting experience, for a year I'd even like to try it, not necessarily alone tho
>One deer is probably 6 months of meat.
No, not even close
You need more than a kg of deer meat a day
Deers are not that heavy, also the only way you have to conserve meat is smoking it, in winter if its under 0° you can freeze it

choice 1

>You need more than a kg of deer meat a day
Are you sure about that?? ""If you eat red meat, limit consumption to no more than about three portions per week. Three portions is equivalent to about 350–500g (about 12–18oz) cooked weight.""

Or are you assuming that you are -only- eating deer meat?

very easy choice:
take 100k and buy 10 bitcoin and then just wait for a year or two until I have a couple of million
live normally in the meantime

bitcoin is trash as an investment

Im assuming that i need about 2500kcals a day without even moving much
A kg of raw deer meat has 1200kcals
So if i want to live from hunting i would need 2 kg of that stuff a day
The cabin is hopefully near a river so i could build a fish trap
Depending on seasons there might be berries and mushrooms but these dont hold much energy and are more for taste + micros
>If you eat red meat, limit consumption to no more than about three portions per week
This is a government meme to lower meat, especially cattle consumption
if you're afraid just hunt birds and eat many fish but in the forest you basically have to get your calories from animals

>Or are you assuming that you are -only- eating deer meat?
Oh and if you hunted down a deer, yes you only eat deer until its gone as everything else would be a hellish waste due to conservation being unavailable

I bet you're one of the retards that bought it above 18k in 2017
thank you for your donation

Attached: 1445529774721.jpg (836x872, 116K)

nah

Smoking and dry-curing are both viable preservation methods. But I get what you are saying.

2500kcals doing basically nothing?? Thats pretty high, at least for me. I'd probably try building a tuber farm for a more consistent calorie-source. Fish is a great option though

Haha exactly my thoughts

I've a plan for when things go bad:
> buy food/drinks/camping shit is two months
> Go to a picked location for 10 rides, bringing the stuff in a bag
> Hide it underground in plastic with a shovel
> While doing this, searching all the equipment through a proxy
> Buy everything with cash, pinned in different locations
> Go to location
> Chill for X amount of time
> Hang myself

Yea sounds like a plan, I also have a more detailed version in my head.

Nothing, I just want to sleep man.

>Thats pretty high
Im 1.97m
Its not that high for a tall male
>I'd probably try building a tuber farm for a more consistent calorie-source
Yea i mean depending on how dense the woods are there's nothing wrong with a small farm on a clearing, dont forget farming is seasonal tho, hunting works around the year
>Smoking and dry-curing are both viable preservation methods.
Its alot of work tho as you have to cut the stuff up pretty thin and to be honest fresh meat is much better than unseasoned dried or smoked meat

Based.

same here. 100K to pay off my debts (which are only like 5K atm) and buy my parents a decent apartment and new cars. With the rest, I probably start a small business which works for me so I no longer have to work.

It doesn't seem too bad. I already basically live in isolation and alone. Giving up internet and technology to basically go camping/play real-life survival mode Minecraft with a nice dog for a time seems relaxing in all honesty. I won't go as crazy due to being able to leave the cabin. I imagine I am competent enough to not starve.

2. I already live in a small cabin in the woods. I'd easily give up technology for a million.

3 & 4 are retarded because you can't leave the cabin.

Option 4. 10 years will start go by fast after the 2nd year. Paint, exercise, sleep, read, count the grains in the wood.

>Everyone should just take #1 unless they're stupid as fuck
>you 're still more or less fucked if you're in a woods without the means to do any real farming
>Food and drink is provided for the full 9 years (very bland, no snacks, bare minimum to live)
Ain't nobody reads no more.

#1, though I'd use that as a fund to get into stocks

Option two only if I get to keep my four female dogs.

Million bucks, sex daily. Don't need much to get by. Can probably make my own alcohol with apples or whatever fruit.

Attached: Collie-2.png (815x734, 1.06M)