Anyone ever gotten braces?

Anyone ever gotten braces?

Attached: 4DFA6B29-C3F0-4B8E-934C-8FF9ACAC72A5.jpg (1024x683, 111K)

yes

>Just before easter in 2014.
>Only got rid of them 3 years later but if I wore my rubber bands enough it could've been 2.
>Feel guilty for anyone I see with braces
>Teeth look glorious now.
>Don't brush them enough.

Just gotten them removed, best feeling ever

>3 years

Wtf shouldn't they only take 1-1.5 years?

Someone explain braces to me. Does the jawbone actually change it's shape to accommodate the newly positioned teeth, or is the movement limited to the wiggle room that the gums give?

Yeah. Lots of people. Fags and girls, mostly.
>Teeth look glorious now.
Proves my point.

I had braces from 7th grade till Junior year.

I had braces for like 10 years or something, sucks.

Nevermind, I googled it and got my answer.

Thinking of getting them at 28. My teeth are uggo and the reason I haven't gotten laid. Not joking

Have you checked out those invisible removable ones? Or are your teeth to far gone for those?

Ortho told me Invisalign won't help, I need braces.

Yeah I got them last year. I'm 29, family couldn't afford them when I was a kid. Dentist said if I don't fix my bite, I would eventually grind my front teeth and would need implants in 20-30 years.

Figured I'd get braces while the getting was good. It's fine, the monthly adjustments cause pain for a day or two, but you get used to it.

Braces on adults do look "weird' but a couple of years of braces is worth feeling better about your self till you die.

I got gaps in my teeth, how long do you think til those close? I'm thinking of getting them but the time it takes sucks. How's eating?

Depends on how set your teeth is. Ask an orthodontist. For me, I had crowding, so I can't really say about gaps. Took maybe a few months before things started getting straightened out, though.

Eating is alright, stuff gets stuck in them, so I had to brush a lot more often. They tell you not to eat hard foods like crisps and nuts, but I haven't had any problems with that kind of food. Chewing carefully isn't hard

I saw a girl with braces today, so yeah.

Currently using Invisilign. I had gabs between my front 6 teeth and my back teeth. Those two gabs were pretty wide and prevented me from smiling. Invisilign closed those gabs completely in about 2 months.

I still have them for 2 months later to perfectly straighten my other front 4 teeth which weren't that bad. Probably will take another 2 months. Weird.

yes.
if i had a choice i wouldnt do it again since i have to wear a retainer every day now forever.
i rather would have gotten veneers

Yeah and I'm glad me health insuranse payed 70% still wearing invisalign braces sometimes.

I'm 20 and my dentist said that I should get them, would it we weird for me to have them at that age?

My teeth were awful always. Parents almost got them for me when I was a kid but actually didn't. Now I'm almost 21 and got my braces at the beginning of December 2019. My ortho said that it will take about 2,5 year for me to have it fixed.

For now I have only on top teeth but after year I'll have another on down teeth.

It bothered me only for first 1,5 week.. Later I could eat everything. Now I almost doesn't feel it I brush my teeth twice a day with normal toothbrush and that little one between every tooth. Also before I could put on braces I had to make many treatments like removing wisdom tooth, tooth feeling and cutting upper mouth bridle.

I'm so happy that I finally got braces because my teeth were my worst complex.

Checked, and not really, I had them from 20-22 myself. Didn't impact my ability to hook up in college, just don't do that giant open nu-male mouth when you smile and it's really not that visible.

Thanks man

This is me but at 30. I put it off for so many years cus I was afraid girls would turn a guy my age down if he had braces. But I'm tired of it controlling my life. I wanna get them fixed and finally have confidence. At least I still look young at 30.

Nope, no one. Ever. Anyone saying they have is full of shit and lying to you, braces are a myth.

No worries. I was self-conscious at first until I figured out that no one gave a shit. Just make sure you go for the removable nighttime retainer option when it's done vs. the daytime or permanent wire.
Godspeed user, get that grill fixed up.